Wong Bic Wun (Fleeting Cloud) – Barbara Yung
    Lai Chau Fung (Autumn Breeze) – Gigi Lai
    Yeung Lan Fa (Orchid) – Tavia Yeung
    Leung Siu Suet (Little Snow) – Vivian Leung

Chan Chung Ling – Nadia Chan
    Cheung Chi Lam – Julian Cheung
    Matron of Four Seasons of Rebirth – Mei Suet
    Lee Yeuk Tung - Carmen Lee

The wind softly brushed against a young maiden of twenty one years as she leaned against a column supporting the pagoda. Her eyes turned upward as she thanked the Lord for the many blessings she had received this year and she closed her eyes as she reflected on how she met the man who she would soon wed. Her smile crept on her face as she remembered the inevitable grand celebration in the upcoming week. Although she preferred a smaller wedding, the special circumstances surrounding the engaged pair drew attention in molam, and members from every prestigious sects hinted for an invitation to perhaps the grandest celebration in molam.

“Chau Fung,” a voice whispered against her ear. Lai Chau Fung opened her eyes and turned her attention to the man who she had promised herself to, Cheung Chi Lam.

“Did you wait here long?” She shook her head in denial as he gently took her hand and walked down to the bridge where couples build memories. The two happily discussed the details of their upcoming wedding, which would strengthen the relationship between their respective sects.

Lai Chau Fung was well known among her apprentice sisters as the leader of the Autumn division of Four Seasons of Rebirth, a respected molam organization exclusively for women. It could be said that Four Seasons of Rebirth was a refuge for those who wished to seek forgiveness and to let go of the past.

Her fiancé, Cheung Chi Lam, had been appointed as the future leader of the Alpha Phoenix Society. This sect rapidly and mysteriously emerged about forty five years ago, and the founder of the society appeared from nowhere. No one knew his background and no one understood the nature of the founder’s death, but under his leadership, the society rapidly flourished as its reputation rippled throughout molam. It was well known that the Alpha Phoenix Society held the number one spot in molam even though it had only existed for forty five years.

Four Seasons of Rebirth had been the sister sect of the Alpha Phoenix Society for forty years, but this would be the first time two prominent figures from both sects were engaged. Everyone in molam knew that this unity would eventually lead to a rise in both organizations’ power; hence, members from every sect desired to pay their respect to maintain good relations with the two sects and to guarantee protection from the sects.

The pair of lovers were immersed in their conversation when the sound of footsteps disrupted their blissful moment. Another beautiful maiden hurried toward the pair and Chau Fung recognized her to be a member of the Autumn division.

She became worried as she saw the panic expression on her face, “What is it, junior apprentice sister Chan?”

The girl anxiously revealed, “First senior apprentice sister, our sect has been attacked.”

The trio quickly returned to Four Seasons of Rebirth and witnessed the massacre. Lai Chau Fung and Chan Chung Ling were momentarily shocked by the deaths of their apprentice sisters, but the sound of the matron of Four Seasons or Rebirth’s voice reminded them of their duties, “Dragons, combine forces!”

Lai Chau Fung eyed the room and only saw two other division leaders but could not find the Winter division leader to complete their ring of four Dragons.

She looked at Chi Lam and Chan Chung Ling and ordered, “Quick, find junior apprentice sister Leung!”

Chi Lam and Chung Ling nodded and left. Briefly after their departure, a figure in white somersaulted into the room and landed next to the matron to protect her. After securing the safety of the matron, the figure submissively said, “Teacher.”

The matron nodded at the Winter division leader and commanded, “Dragons, execute Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons.”

Four young women unsheathed their treasured swords as they somersaulted to their respective corners. They surrounded their enemies and killed them continuously as the four converged to the center. With the reunion of the four, an energy field was created to protect the four. They cultivated their qi and enabled their minds to control their swords to kill the remainder intruders in the room.

The four retrieved their swords when the last body slumped against the ground and they faced the matron and simultaneously kneeled, “Teacher, please forgive your disciple for failing to protect the sect.”

The matron sighed as her eyes meticulously wandered around the room, “Since the beginning of our existence, our sect has never offended anyone. Who would do this to us and why? So many of your apprentice sisters today have died without a reason.”

At that moment, a projectile shoot across the room when the four Dragons busily grieved for the lost of their apprentice sisters. Then hundreds of projectiles swarm into the room. While the remaining disciples in the room used their swords to protect themselves, a body swiftly flew into the room and attacked the matron, and thirty more followed to attack the sect.

As Chan Chung Ling passed the threshold and returned to the room, she saw a projectile targeting the matron. She quickly pushed the matron out of the way and was directly hit in the back right shoulder. Seeing this, the matron froze the qi and blood circulating to that region of Chung Ling's body in case the projectile was poisoned.

The four Dragons had not fully recovered their strength as they expended most of their qi while executing “Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons.” They had a difficult time defending themselves and relied on their apprentice sisters to ward off the attackers. Ten masked figures ambushed the matron while she was busy tending to Chan Chung Ling and one successfully plunged his sword into her chest. “Teacher,” all the disciples screamed out. As the figures retreated, they blew more projectiles in the way, and one hit one of the four dragons in her neck.

“Apprentice sister Wu!” her surrounding apprentice sisters painfully screamed. Hearing the matron speak, the disciples remained quiet as they anticipated her final words, “Four Seasons needs a matron and… it has to be one.. of the four…Dragons.”

She choked on her last word and took her last breath but her eyes remained open for her death was restless and unsettled. “Teacher!!!” everyone cried.

Amidst the crying, Chan Chung Ling looked at Lai Chau Fung with much sympathy. Chung Ling struggled to crawl towards Chau Fung and managed to utter, “First senior apprentice sister, Brother Cheung…he’s…he’s.”

Lai Chau Fung whipped her head around to look at Chan. She had been so busy defending herself and her sect that she had forgotten about him. She gripped her hands around Chung Ling’s forearms as she asked in dread, “He…what’s wrong with him?”

Chung Ling squirmed in pain from the pressure in her right shoulder; she looked down at the ground as she did not have the heart to tell her, “He’s dead.”

Chau Fung’s face turned deathly pale before she fainted from the news. When she regained consciousness, she saw faces staring back at her. She spotted Chung Ling and asked, “How did he die?”

Chung Ling awkwardly looked at everyone in the room and gulped, “He..he…”

Chau Fung knew that Chung Ling was withholding the truth but she was too hysterical to be patient with her, “Tell me now, please! How did he die?”

“He was attacked while trying to protect me.”

Chau Fung’s eyes widened in disbelief, “Ridiculous. He’s the next leader of the Alpha Phoenix Society; he’s too skilled to die like that.”

A maiden with extraordinarily expressive eyes rested her hand against Chau Fung’s shoulder and spoke up, “First senior apprentice sister, I know it’s hard for you to accept his death, but you cannot doubt junior apprentice sister Chan’s words.”

The maiden in white stepped forward and finally talked, “Senior apprentice sister Wong is correct. When you finally accept the truth, we will be able to discuss the future of Four Seasons of Rebirth. I hope you don’t disappoint me.”

The other disciples tilted their heads down. They knew she spoke the truth although they all felt that her words were too harsh and cold blooded for the situation. The maiden in white looked at all of them and signaled for them to meet outside.

After she left, the owner of the expressive eyes, Wong Bic Wun, softly voiced, “Ignore junior apprentice sister Leung; she has always been like that. Take as much time as you need.”

Chau Fung looked at all of the disciples with gratitude and determinedly revealed, “She’s right. Four Seasons of Rebirth needs a leader. I cannot be selfish and delay the delegation of the new leader. Please give me until sunset and I will see all of you in the meeting room.”

The only person who immediately followed the maiden in white was a pretty young maiden in pink who beseeched her, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, you shouldn’t have said those words to first senior apprentice sister. She is still grieving over the deaths of Teacher, our other apprentice sisters, and her fiancé.”

The maiden in white, Leung Siu Suet, looked at her and coolly replied, “Grieving will not bring them back and will not help with the future of Four Seasons of Rebirth. Junior apprentice sister Yeung, you should understand that it is Teacher’s final wish to make sure our sect endures.”

“You…you should’ve been more sympathetic with her situation. Teacher had raised her since she was an infant. She sees Teacher as her mother. How would you react if your mother and sisters and fiancé died in the same day?”

Leung Siu Suet coldly stared at Yeung Lan Fa, who suddenly realized that she should not have lectured a senior apprentice sister. The two walked to the meeting room in silence.

The remaining disciples of Four Seasons of Rebirth gathered in the meeting room; Lai Chau Fung finally stepped into the room and took her seat as the leader of the Autumn division. She looked around and sighed when she saw the empty seats where the matron used to sit and where the former leader of the Spring division used to sit. She turned to look at the leader of the Summer division, Wong Bic Wung, and then to the leader of the Winter division, Leung Siu Suet.

Leung Siu Suet, a woman of few words who spoke only when necessary, started the meeing, “We all heard Teacher’s last words and we all know the criteria for the new leader.”

Wong Bic Wun recalled the criteria, “The new matron needs to be or was a division leader who is still active in the sect. She must be willing to become a nun and devote her life to the interest of the sect and its disciples. But…,” she stalled as she felt that none of the current division leaders wanted to live a life of celibacy, “But none of us meets all of the criteria.”

Lai Chau Fung stood up and declared, “I’m willing to dedicate my life to the interest of this sect.”

Chan Chung Ling objected, “First senior apprentice sister, have you thought about it thoroughly?”

Lai Chau Fung calmly smiled at her, “Junior apprentice sister Chan, you don’t need to worry. Brother Cheung is the only man I will ever love. I am like a dead person without his presence. However, because Teacher has done so much for me, I am willing to put forth my life to this sect for her.” Looking at every member in the room and then at Leung Siu Suet, “Unless someone else wishes to be the sect leader.”

Leung Siu Suet knew that she was hated by many in the sect and she also knew that it was futile for her to object as her supporters in the sect were few, if any, thus she kept quiet. Furthermore, she knew that Chau Fung was the wisest of all the disciples and the most fair among the division leaders. All the disciples kneeled to greet their new matron.

Chau Fung continued, “We will also need to appoint a new leader for the Spring Division. Lee Yeuk Tung and Yeung Lan Fa,” the two disciples stepped forward, “You two are the most skilled in the Spring division currently and you two also possess the most potential to successfully lead the Spring division. Unfortunately, there is only one position available. We will hold a competition in two days to test your qualifications. Junior apprentice sister Wong will be responsible for testing your intelligence. Junior apprentice sister Leung will test your kung fu skills. And I will have my own test for you.”

Chau Fung then addressed the entire sect, “Today has been a long day. We will have a proper burial for Teacher and will start to formally mourn for everyone’s death tomorrow.” Then she silently thought to herself, "Forgive me Brother Cheung for not joining you."
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default Chapter 2

WINTER'S DEMEANOR

Lee Yeuk Tung – Carmen Lee
    Man Kung Yu – Kristy Yang
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

It was a solemn ceremony as the disciples of Four Seasons of Rebirth gloomily paid their respect to their deceased matron. The recent ambush on the sect brought new fears and worries to all the disciples and their restless souls could not be easily put to ease.

Lai Chau Fung knelt down before the matron’s coffin and kow-towed three times as her apprentice sisters eagerly awaited her announcement. When she stood up, Leung Siu Suet stepped forward and declared, “First senior apprentice sister, we should not delay the inauguration of your succession as the next matron.”

Angered by her disrespect towards the matron’s funeral, the girl with the unusually expressive eyes stepped forward and protested, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, enough is enough! Can you please demonstrate some sincerity in your respect towards the late matron? Why the need to rush the inauguration?”

The rest of the disciples nodded in agreement with Wong Bic Wun’s reasoning, though none dared to voice it herself for all were intimidated by Leung Siu Suet’s coldness. However, Yeung Lan Fa softly said, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, what senior apprentice sister Wong said is very rational. Why don’t we give our full respect to our late teacher first, and after the next incense stick completes burning, we proceed with the inauguration?”

Leung Siu Suet ignored both of the remarks and challenged Lai Chau Fung, “First senior apprentice sister, keep in mind that we can be attacked at any time.”

Wong Bic Wun haughtily looked in Leung Siu Suet’s direction with a small smile and voiced, “Regardless of when the inauguration ceremony takes place, all of us apprentice sisters will listen to first senior apprentice sister’s orders. So there is no need to worry about that, junior apprentice sister Leung.”

All of the disciples did not dare to look at Leung Siu Suet as they voiced their agreement and promise to obey Lai Chau Fung’s command at all times.

Lai Chau Fung raised her hand to silence the crowd as she announced, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, I understand your worries, and all of us appreciate your concern for our sect. Please allow us to dedicate half of the day to strictly grieve for Teacher, and I promise you that I will officially step up to take the full responsibilities as the next matron. Immediately after that, we will get started on the tests to determine the next leader of Spring Division. Do you feel this plan is appropriate?”

The proud maiden in white merely glared at her in reply.

Later that day, the disciples excitedly gathered around the hall to observe the first of three contests between Lee Yeuk Tung and Yeung Lan Fa.

After receiving the nod of approval from the new matron, Wong Bic Wun stepped up and explained to the contestants, “The first round will test your intelligence. As the next leader of Spring division, you are expected to have the ability to strategize and formulate last minute plans to help your team escape should you encounter an opponent stronger than yourself and the team. But this cannot be done unless you are able to save yourself. In this round, the two of you will enter the same maze and be forced to find your way out of the maze hidden with traps and obstacles which may harm you. The first person to find her way out and grabs the flag on this pole is the winner. There will be no questions about the method you use to win. If no one comes out by nighttime, then this is a draw. Now go!”

The two contestants entered the maze while the rest of the disciples wondered who the winner of this round would be. They occasionally glanced at the burning incense to see how much time had passed.

After three incense sticks burned to completion and neither one of the girls came out, Wong Bic Wun worried that both girls were hurt. Her sympathy was clearly displayed in her eyes when she asked herself, “Did I overdo it?”

With her sharp ears, Leung Siu Suet overheard Wong Bic Wun, and she harshly replied, “Hmph! If neither one comes out by nighttime, then neither one deserves to be the next leader.”

Just as she finished her statement, the gate of the maze opened up and Yeung Lan Fa emerged. She quickly ran to the pole and raised her hand to grab the flag on the pole, but to everyone’s surprise, Lee Yeuk Tung somersaulted towards Yeung Lan Fa and struck her back to push her down.

Smiling victoriously, Lee Yeuk Tung grabbed the flag and presented it to Wong Bic Wun, “Senior apprentice sister Wong, here is your flag. I believe that I’ve won this round.”

From the maze emerged Lai Chau Fung who sternly said, “According to junior apprentice sister Wong’s rule, you did win this round. However, you’ve lost my contest.”

Confused by her statement, Lee Yeuk Tung asked, “Why?”

Helping Yeung Lan Fa up, Lai Chau Fung said to Lee Yeuk Tung with disapproval, “I purposely chose not to announce my contest so that I can observe both yours and junior apprentice sister Yeung’s true nature as my test focused on humanity and moral values. I observed what happened in the maze without your knowledge and am disappointed by what I witnessed on your part. On three occasions, junior apprentice sister Yeung helped you escape from the traps that junior apprentice sister Wong set up, and on two occasions, she saved you from getting harmed by the obstacles. However, you repaid her back by purposely leading her to the traps twice where you left her behind to deal with on her own. Despite the disadvantages she had, she found the exit first and stopped when she heard your final cry for help. After saving you, she allowed you to follow her to the exit. And just before both of you exited the maze, you told her that she deserved to win and allowed her to go out first only to sneak attack her from behind. Am I correct?”

Lee Yeuk Tung defended herself, “You’re right. But senior apprentice sister Wong placed no restrictions; otherwise, I would not have done what I did. Senior apprentice sister Wong, please say something.”

Turning her back to Lee Yeuk Tung, Lai Chau Fung said more sternly, “I do not question that you won junior apprentice sister Wong’s contest. But I will repeat myself, you failed my test whereas junior apprentice sister Yeung passed.”

In the midst of the dilemma arose another problem as a young disciple from the Winter Division ran in to tell her leader, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, there is a young gentleman here who insists on coming in. I told him that we are mourning for our Teacher and cannot greet visitors, but he will not go away. We had to use force on him to prevent him from barging in.”

Leung Siu Suet glanced at the situation in the hall and seeing how the other division leaders were occupied, she took off to settle matters outside the hall.

In front of Four Seasons of Rebirth home, a young gentleman effortlessly fought the ladies as he teased them, “Misses, I don’t think that you can possibly keep me out here much longer. Why waste your energy on this trivial matter when you can simply allow me in?”

After he finished playing with them, he quickly tapped their mobile nerve and immobilized them on the spot. He placed his right palm against his left fist as he smiled apologetically to them before he headed for the entrance. As he walked up the step, he saw the most beautiful woman with the darkest pair of eyes staring straight at him. Her beauty was so overwhelming that he had to take a step back to prevent himself from falling before her.

The girl standing next to her pointed to the man and said, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, that is the man I was talking about.”

Glaring at him, Leung Siu Suet said, “Go away.”

The man recovered from his daze and politely greeted her, “Miss, I am here to visit my...”

Without warning, Leung Siu Suet unsheathed her sword and attacked him. Though unprepared, the young man defended himself quickly and discovered that she was a worthy opponent.

After forty strikes, another beautiful maiden appeared and screamed, “Stop fighting.” She quickly ran to the leader of Winter Division and kneeled before her, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, please forgive my cousin. He’s here to visit me.”

Leung Siu Suet placed her sword back as she stated, “This is an inconvenient time.”

Lowering her head, the young girl explained, “He wrote me a few weeks ago to inform me about his visit. With the events happening so recently, I had not had a chance to stop his visit. I’m sorry.”

Looking at the man, Leung Siu Suet ordered, “Free the girls,” then to Man Kung Yu before returning to the hall, “Deal with your cousin.”

Man Kung Yu happily hurried to greet her cousin but her face became bitter when she saw her cousin longingly stare at the disappearing figure of Leung Siu Suet. She remarked, “You have no chance with her, Wu Yin Cho. She’s as cold as ice.”

Knowing that she only referred to him by his full name when she’s bothered, Wu Yin Cho addressed his cousin, “Kung Yu, how are you?”

“I thought you have completely forgot about my existence!”

“Aren’t I here to visit you?”

“Hmph!” Man Kung Yu pouted a bit before she ran back to the hall.

Inside the hall, Lai Chau Fung resolved the situation and Lee Yeuk Tung knew that she could not change the matron’s decision. As both girls were tied, they knew that Leung Siu Suet’s test would determine the next Spring Division leader. The matron dismissed the crowd after she informed them of her decision to continue the competition the next day.

Man Kung Yu saw her cousin and signaled him to follow her to her room. Seeing Leung Siu Suet parting her way, Wu Yin Cho went with Man Kung Yu. He first inquired about the recent events which occurred, and she openly revealed what she remembered. To her annoyance, Wu Yin Cho soon began to ask about the beautiful maiden in white.

Not wishing to displease him, Man Kung Yu revealed all that she knew, “Senior apprentice sister Leung came to the sect when she was seven years old. No one knows about her background except like most of us, she is an orphan. From young, she has always dressed in white and possessed a cold demeanor which makes her difficult to like. No one knows why she’s so mean and unsympathetic. She has few friends in this sect, and they are the only ones who dare to stand up to her. From what I know, she has the best kung fu skills in this sect and has become Winter Division leader at fourteen years old, the youngest age ever achieved by any woman in Four Seasons of Rebirth’s history. She wanted to be the next matron and had the talent for it, but because of her unpopularity she lost to matron-first senior apprentice sister.” Seeing Wu Yin Cho’s interest in Leung Siu Suet, Man Kung Yu added, “Now, I wish she was the matron!”

“Why?”

Pouting and gazing at him, “Because then she would have to stay celibate for the rest of her life!”

Wu Yin Cho laughed and pinched her cheek as he only thought of her as his sister.

In her room, Leung Siu Suet was meditating until a soft knock disturbed her concentration, “Come in.”

Wong Bic Wun entered with a bowl of steaming soup in her hands as she cheerfully greeted, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, guess what I brought you?”

Leung Siu Suet reluctantly stood up and walked towards the table and she kept quiet.

The cheerful girl smiled wider as she guessed, “Are you still mad at me because of what I said during Teacher’s funeral?” Seeing her quiet, she continued, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, you have to be more flexible with your values. Take me for example, even though I knew you were still mad at me, I did not allow that to stop me from visiting you. Now be a good girl and drink this soup.”

“What is it?”

Hearing her talk again, Wong Bic Wun happily revealed, “It’s made from a thousand old ginger root, which my childhood friend sent me. Knowing that you will have a tough day tomorrow, I prepared this soup to maintain your health. Here, drink it.”

Leung Siu Suet sat down and obeyed. While Leung Siu Suet was sipping the soup, a strange tiny object caught Wong Bic Wun’s attention. She walked towards it and picked up the ultra thin silver needle before Leung Siu Suet could stop her.

“Put that down.”

“Junior apprentice sister Leung, what is this?”

“It’s nothing.”

“If it’s nothing, then why were you anxious a moment ago?”

Leung Siu Suet grabbed it from Wong Bic Wun’s hand and coldly said, “It’s none of your business. I’m tired. Please leave.”

Seeing the Leung Siu Suet finished the soup, Wong Bic Wun was satisfied, but she was suspicious of Leung Siu Suet’s behavior, “Fine, I’ll go.”

Midnight. The moon in its full brightness hung above the home of the sect, but Wu Yin Cho could be seen walking around as his restless mind could not keep the image of Leung Siu Suet away. A noise perked his ears and his eyes momentarily caught a figure swiftly somersaulting to a building. Without a moment’s delay, he quickly pursued the figure and fought against the masked figure. The eyes. He recognized them. Caught in his thought, he lowered his guard allowing the figure to escape.

He shook his head in confusion as he tried to convince himself, “It can’t be her.”

As the sun rose the next day, the disciples tiredly gathered around the spacious practice ground to witness the final round. The two contestants patiently waited for Leung Siu Suet to announce the rules to her competition.

After everyone properly settled in their places, Leung Siu Suet disclosed to the alert contestants, “In this round, the winner will be determined by her levitation skills and how many of my strikes she can resist while she is off the ground. The test ends when both of you fall to the ground. You can choose to hang onto the poles if you wish, but you cannot stand on them. Both of you, follow my lead.”

Wong Bic Wun volunteered, “What if one of them can get you to fall?”

Leung Siu Suet coolly replied, “That will not happen.”

The two girls looked behind Leung Siu Suet and saw five tall poles arranged in one circle, widely spaced apart from each other. Leung Siu Suet somersaulted towards the pole and wrapped her hands round one bar as she ordered the other two girls to proceed. The two girls did the same and began to attack her.

Wu Yin Cho became more impressed with Leung Siu Suet’s skills as he observed her effortless maneuvers and graceful movements. Her levitation skills were superb allowing her to look like a fairy floating in the air. He looked at her eyes and felt unsettled; they were compelling and so familiar.

After the second body fell, Leung Siu Suet carefully landed and announced the winner, “Yeung Lan Fa, you have won this round.”
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yes! Another fanfic to read! I'll read it soon FanofNoel.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default DOFS chapter 3

DOFS 3 – Spring’s Romance

Chor Kiu Wai – Miu Kiu Wai
    Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Lau Dan - master of Alpha Phoenix Society
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Wong Jung Chak – Bosco Wong
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

In the meeting hall, the matron of Four Seasons of Rebirth took her seat and waited patiently for the murmurs to quiet down before she ordered, “Disciple Yeung Lan Fa, please approach the center.”

Yeung Lan Fa formally kneeled before answering, “Disciple Yeung Lan Fa present.”

“Today, you have fully proven your worth as the next leader of Spring Division.” Lai Chau Fung carefully picked up a bundle meticulously wrapped up in layers of cloth and offered it to Yeung Lan Fa, “This is the sacred sword of every leader of Spring Division. From now on, this sword is to never part from you.”

Yeung Lan Fa unwrapped the bundle and held the Spring Dragon Sword for the first time. Suddenly, she felt a surge of energy emanating from the sword and recognized a strange feeling of ownership and completeness with the sword.

Seeing Yeung Lan Fa’s puzzling expression, Wong Bic Wun cheerily explained, “Junior apprentice sister Yeung, it is not odd that you’ve quickly developed a relationship with the sword. Each of us division leaders had a very similar experience when we first gripped our Dragon Sword.”

Lai Chau Fung nodded in agreement and partially smiled, “Only those who are destined to own the sword will have this experience.” Turning around to face the rest of the disciples to warn them, “However, if a non-fated person possesses this sword, it will not only be useless to that person, but the sword can also be detrimental to that person.”

Curious about the sword’s history, Wu Yin Cho leaned toward Man Kung Yu and whispered, “Why is that sword so extraordinary?”

Careful to keep her voice low, Kung Yu answered, “There are four Dragon Swords total, all made in different seasons, and there’s one sword for each of the division leaders. Only when the swords are united can the full potential of ‘Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons’ be met. This is the sect’s most deadly move, and if any of the leaders loses her sword, I cannot imagine the consequences this sect will suffer.”

Leung Siu Suet slightly tilted her head in the cousins’ direction before she icily reprimanded them, “If you two wish to talk then go outside.”

Some of the disciples from the other divisions bowed their head in silence for they were embarrassed for the two; some disciples smirked as they enjoyed seeing the ruthless division leader discipline her team members.

Unaffected by the crowd’s reaction and by Leung Siu Suet’s curtness, Wu Yin Cho smiled charmingly to the stunningly beautiful lady and replied, “Sorry for the inconsiderate disruption. But I must admit I’m flattered that you would care to pay attention to me.”

Wishing to maintain peace and quiet, Lai Chau Fung dismissed the group before Wu Yin Cho could further provoke Leung Siu Suet, “If there are no more concerns then you are free to continue with your daily routine.”

As everyone dispersed, Lai Chau Fung motioned for Yeung Lan Fa to follow her into her room.

In their privacy, Lai Chau Fung revealed, “Junior apprentice sister Yeung, here is the Spring Dragon Manual. In it, you will have the instructions to your part of Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons. You have three days to train on your own and after that, you will train at Alpha Phoenix Society. The disciples there will provide you with a rigorous schedule, forcing you to react more quickly and strengthening your moves. Two months may not be enough for you to perfect your share of Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons, but the sect needs you to complete training as quickly as you can. We have an enemy out there and we cannot afford to be without all four leaders. When you return, we will start recruiting disciples as we’ve lost many members of our sect. I hope I’m not asking too much from you.”

“Matron-first senior apprentice sister, thank you for your concern. I will try to please you and be back in a timely manner.”

In the following three days, Yeung Lan Fa slept little and ate little as she spent all of her time and energy towards practicing the manual. In this time period, the other three leaders heavily discussed the recent events and concluded that there was a traitor within the sect; however, they planned to keep this secret from the sect so that the traitor would not be on her guard.

Before Yeung Lan Fa left for Alpha Phoenix Society, the wise matron advised her, “I suggest that you disguise yourself as a man, so our enemy will be less likely to pay attention to you.”

Taking the matron’s advice, Yeung Lan Fa walked away from her manor the next morning to begin her journey to Alpha Phoenix Society, dressed as a common old man. She took one final glance at the manor, her home since she was four years old, and vowed to fulfill the matron’s wish to master the Spring Dragon Manual within two months.

Upon learning about Yeung Lan Fa’s departure, Leung Siu Suet abruptly stopped practicing her kung fu and walked towards the doors to leave the manor. As she pushed the doors out, a sword covering unexpectedly blocked her exit. She expressed little surprise when she saw Wu Yin Cho smiling at her; she immediately used her arm to fling the sword away and walked through the doors and followed the quickest path to Alpha Phoenix Society. Wu Yin Cho smiled to himself as he trailed the beautiful lady in white who constantly intrigued him; Leung Siu Suet stopped running when she observed that the woods were empty except for the both of them. Looking at Wu Yin Cho, Leung Siu Suet palmed the tip of the sword’s grip, and the sword covering flew incredibly fast towards Yin Cho, who avoided it with ease. She then attacked him continuously as he defended himself from all of her strikes.

In the midst of the fight, Wu Yin Cho asked, “Miss Leung, who are you really?” Seeing her ignore him, he continued, “I know you are the masked intruder who I fought against four evenings ago.”

Her facial expression remained unchanged as she merely replied, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. If you continue to follow me, then don’t blame me for the consequences.” Immediately after she said that, she immobilized him and placed her sword against his neck as she threatened coldly, “Remember my words or else you will regret it.”

Not waiting for his reply, Leung Siu Suet swiftly somersaulted along the path until she caught up to Yeung Lan Fa.

Hearing the branches of the trees shaking unnaturally and suddenly, Yeung Lan Fa looked up and saw a figure in white somersaulting towards her. She quickly positioned herself to attack as she noticed the figure pointed an unsheathed sword at her and aimed for her. She maneuvered herself to avoid the lethal strike and when she looked up, she was shocked to see her senior apprentice sister, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, what are you doing here?”

Leung Siu Suet did not answer her question and charged at Yeung Lan Fa, who was forced to defend herself by attacking back. Yeung Lan Fa began to panic as she felt that her senior apprentice sister’s moves became more lethal with each strike; she found herself getting weaker as she continued fighting. She began to perspire heavily and panted as she could no longer resist Leung Siu Suet’s blows. Leung Siu Suet palmed her chest causing her to fly back and hit a tree. As she recovered from the fall, she looked up to discover that her senior apprentice sister was fighting against ten masked figures. After Siu Suet killed the last figure, she approached Yeung Lan Fa, who used her arms to shuffle herself away from Leung Siu Suet.

“Senior apprentice sister Leung,” Yeung Lan Fa whispered helplessly for she did not understand Leung Siu Suet’s actions.

Seeing the fear in Yeung Lan Fa’s eyes, Leung Siu Suet finally spoke, “Even though you are disguised as a man, you were still seen leaving the sect’s home.”

Seeing the scattered bodies on the ground, Yeung Lan Fa finally realized that she was followed by them and was their original target. Her senior apprentice sister saved her life by pushing her against the tree so that the ten assassins could not touch her. Yeung Lan Fa asked in wonder, “How did you know that I would be attacked?”

“I didn’t. I came for a different reason.”

Yeung Lan Fa patiently waited for her senior apprentice sister to reveal the reason for ambushing her and became afraid.

Leung Siu Suet’s facial expression hardened as she explained, “I didn’t come to kill you!”

Siu Suet looked at Yeung Lan Fa directly in the eyes, and Yeung Lan Fa bowed her head in shame. Yeung Lan Fa felt ashamed for fearing that Leung Siu Suet would kill her. She knew that Leung Siu Suet had very few friends, and she was one of them. Although Leung Siu Suet was difficult to get along with, Yeung Lan Fa understood that she would never hurt any of her friends.

Siu Suet’s expression softened as she observed Lan Fa’s guilt, “Junior apprentice sister Yeung, remember the moves you used to defend yourself today. Practice those moves and you will be able to master the Spring Dragon Manual more quickly. Good bye.”

Leung Siu Suet somersaulted away before she could hear Lan Fa apologize to her.

The next cold morning, Lan Fa reached the dock and waited at the pier before getting on the ship that would take her across the bay. She inhaled the fresh air and stretched out her arms as she momentarily relaxed; unfortunately, she was knocked over by a group of boaters who eagerly rushed toward the boat. She fell off the pier, and a figure reached out and caught her by the waist and brought her back up the pier safely.

She looked at her rescuer and when she realized that she was still in the man’s arms, she determinedly struggled for him to release her. Blushing at the handsome young man, she tilted her head and said, “Thank you, Hero, for saving my life!”

The young man failed to notice her bright pink cheeks as he responded, “You’re welcome, Elder.” He kindly gestured his arm out to allow the old man to get onto the boat first, “Please be careful.”

The trip across the bay was uneventful, and Lan Fa’s eyes beamed with delight when she saw that the boat was approaching land once again. Yeung Lan Fa quickly stood up and asked the boaters for the location of the Alpha Phoenix Society home.

Upon hearing her question, the young man approached her and said earnestly, “Elder, I’m Ng Cheuk Hei, a disciple of Alpha Phoenix Society. If you do not mind, I can escort you there. Can you tell me why you’re visiting?”

Yeung Lan Fa briefly answered, “It’s personal. I’d rather tell you later when we get there.”

After they reached their destination, Lan Fa requested to see Lau Dan, the master of the society. When he appeared, Lan Fa handed over the letter written by Lai Chau Fung.

After reading it, the man nodded in understanding and ordered, “Ng Cheuk Hei, please show Miss Yeung to her room. Miss Yeung, after you change back to your usual appearance, you will have lunch and be introduced to all the students who will help you train.”

Ng Cheuk Hei carefully concealed his shock when he found out her identity. He quietly showed her to the room and waited for her to change before he took her back for lunch. When he heard the door open, Ng Cheuk Hei was stunned to see such a transformation, for he did not anticipate the old man to be such a beautiful young lady.

Seeing his reaction, Yeung Lan Fa shyly tilted her head as she apologized, “I’m sorry for misleading you about my identity earlier. My name is Yeung Lan Fa.”

Cheuk Hei smiled in kindness as he responded, “You have your reasons. Do not worry about apologizing Miss Yeung.”

In the dining room, the disciples impatiently waited for the new guest to join them for lunch. All of the conversations revolved around the new guest as the disciples wondered what she would be like.

“I heard that this girl is one of the seven beauties of Four Seasons of Rebirth. I wonder how she compares to the previous disciples who trained here.”

“Do you remember Wong Bic Wun, the girl who trained here last year? She was so cute and cheerful,” said another student dreamily.

“It’s too bad she didn’t have eyes for any of us.”

“Senior apprentice brother Cheung was the only lucky one to ever grow close to any of the seven beauties.”

“But of the seven beauties, the most beautiful is Leung Siu Suet. Even when she was fourteen years old, her unsurpassable beauty could not be denied.”

“But that girl is so mean. Her beauty can never compensate for her personality!”

“Don’t be bitter because she never bothered to pay attention to you. I wonder what she looks like now that she is a fully grown lady.”

When the disciples heard the ruffling sounds of a dress, they immediately kept quiet and looked in the direction of the new guest. The disciples smiled at her and nudged each other as they whispered, “She’s really pretty.”

Lau Dan stood up and the disciples all did the same, “Miss Yeung, please come here,” to his disciples, “This is the new leader of the Spring Division who will be here for two months to train. Treat her with respect,” to Yeung Lan Fa, “Wong Jung Chak, Lam Fung, and Ng Cheuk Hei will be responsible for your daily training. You will practice with them morning, noon, and night, starting today after you eat.”

Yeung Lan Fa nodded in agreement. She learned that these young men were carefully selected and trained to help her learn the Spring Dragon Manual more quickly as each man mastered different moves, which required her to use the kung fu from the manual to defeat.

The training sessions proved to be more difficult than Lan Fa had imagined, but all of her partners were patient with her and took turns enhancing her skills. As they spent more time together, all three men began to develop feelings for her because she was kind, polite, and beautiful, but only Lam Fung made his feelings apparent. Seeing that one already showed his feelings, Wong Jung Chak took much effort to suppress his feelings. As the oldest of the three disciples, Jung Chak took the role of the big brother and sacrificed his feelings to maintain their friendship. Ng Cheuk Hei, the youngest of the disciples and also the shyest, did not know how to express his feelings and feared that he would be laughed at and rejected. On the other hand, Lan Fa was too worried about mastering the Spring Dragon Manual to notice Fung’s affection and too occupied to sort out her feelings for the gentlemen.

After one month of training, Ng Cheuk Hei’s sister, Suen, came to visit him and was troubled when she observed that Lam Fung paid close attention to all of Yeung Lan Fa’s needs. She recognized her brother’s feelings and encouraged him to pursue the young lady, but Cheuk Hei told his sister to stay quiet about her discovery.

One morning, Yeung Lan Fa practiced out in the yard by herself earlier than usual. During the past few weeks, in addition to improving her kung fu skills, her auditory senses also magnified, thus, when she heard a very slight disturbance in the wind, she quickly moved in that direction. She launched an attack and a figure somersaulted to avoid her attack.

Fung landed and smiled, “Sister Yeung, your skills are improving each day. See if you can defeat these moves.”

Yeung Lan Fa defended herself and soon began to attack him back. She smiled at him as she realized that she had mastered another level in the Spring Dragon Manual, for she easily defeated the set of moves.

Proud of her accomplishment, Fung congratulated her, “Sister Yeung, it will not be too long before you will fulfill your first senior apprentice sister’s wish,” but his face fell when he realized, “and you will soon head back to Four Seasons of Rebirth.”

Oblivious to his sad expression, Yeung Lan Fa agreed, “And matron-first senior apprentice sister will see that I have not disappointed her,” as if remembering, “ah, Brother Lam, why are you up so early? We are not scheduled to meet until dawn”

“I knew you would be here early, and I wanted to help you.”

When dawn approached, Ng Cheuk Hei, Wong Jung Chak, and Ng Suen appeared and saw the two engaged in their own conversation.

Suen pulled her brother aside and whispered, “Older Brother, have you already given up?”

“I can’t do this to senior apprentice brother Lam. He already loves her.”

“You love her too!”

“Suen, I also know that you like senior apprentice brother Lam, but that doesn’t mean we should try to get in their way.”

Suen was surprised that Cheuk Hei knew about her secret. Ever since she met Fung several years ago, she gradually liked him because he treated her brother well and helped him adjust to the school. She always hoped that by visiting her brother frequently, Fung would begin to notice her, but she also knew that he only thought of her as a friend. Even though it hurt her to see Fung care so deeply about Yeung Lan Fa, she wanted to encourage her brother to pursue this pretty maiden mostly because she sincerely wanted her brother to be happy as she thought he was the best man she knew. She swore to herself that she would do everything she could to help her brother.

Near the end of two months of Lan Fa’s training, Yeung Lan Fa received a message delivered by a pigeon. When she read its content, she quickly packed her belongings and said her farewell to the master of the Alpha Phoenix Society and explained to him her urgent need to depart from the sect and return to Four Seasons of Rebirth. She had not forgotten about the gentlemen and Suen, but as she could not find them and was pressed for time, she asked the master to pass on her farewell messages and then she hurriedly returned to home.

The three disciples showed up at the yard exactly at noon, when the sun was set highest in the sky, and waited for Yeung Lan Fa. When the sky began to grow darker, the disciples worried about her and returned home to ask the other disciples concerning her whereabouts.

When Lau Dan saw his disciples, he beckoned them to come over to explain to them that Yeung Lan Fa had to return home as Four Seasons of Rebirth was recently attacked again and the matron hoped that Lan Fa had already completed her training to assist the other division leaders.

Fung, the most anxious and least level headed among the three disciples, mentioned, “Master, Sister Yeung only mastered the Spring Dragon Manual very recently. I’m afraid that she may not be skilled enough to contribute to the sect if it is under attack.”

Lau Dan agreed, “She left so quickly that I did not have time to organize a small group of our disciples to assist her sect.”

Concerned about Yeung Lan Fa’s welfare, Cheuk Hei volunteered, “Master, as we three disciples are already familiar with Sister Yeung, we would like to go help her.”

The other disciples nodded.

Suen overheard their conversation as she stood behind the curtains and blurted, “I want to go too.”

Cheuk Hei walked over to her and said sternly, “You’re kung fu is rather weak. I do not wish to be worried about you as well.”

“But she is my friend and I want to help her.”

Jung Chak cleared his throat and decided, “Let’s not waste more time arguing. Sister Ng, you can come but you’ll have to listen to your brother.”

Lau Dan granted them permission to leave for Four Seasons of Rebirth and reminded them to release the signal if they needed more back up.

After journeying for two days, Yeung Lan Fa tiredly arrived at home. She heard the sounds of clanging and banging. Images of the massacre from two months ago flashed across her mind; her hand tightened around the Spring Dragon Sword as she prepared to use it to kill for the first time. She charged into the sect and saw blood everywhere.

Lai Chau Fung’s spirit returned when she saw Yeung Lan Fa from across the room and she ordered, “Execute Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons.”

The other division leaders followed the order and soon, all the enemies in the room were slaughtered. When the division leaders saw that only their party was alive, they broke their ring formation; however, more intruders entered the room and more enemies shot in from the windows and roof. Four Seasons of Rebirth lost its advantage in the battle. The division leaders were temporarily weakened from recently executing the sect's deadliest move and were thus incapable of fighting off the attackers, and the rest of the disciples were too few or untrained to resist the attackers. Wu Yin Cho handled as many attackers as he could to protect the four leaders, but he could not single handedly ward off all of the intruders as he suffered several moderate injuries.

Suddenly, sounds of laughter echoed across the room, and Wong Bic Wun’s ears perked as she recognized that laughter, “Brother Chor!”

The most handsome and charming man entered the room and reproached the masked intruders, “Don’t you feel ashamed for attacking these beautiful women?”

Just as he finished his statement, another dignified and good looking gentleman entered the room with his arms arrogantly crossed and his eyes carefully analyzing the situation, “Big brother, no need to say more.”

Not waiting for his brother’s order, the dashing young man flashed his sword from his waist and attacked the intruders with his exquisite and powerful moves. His older brother followed suit, and both gentlemen rid half of the intruders. More footsteps were heard coming from the outside. The two brothers looked at each other and wondered how many more enemies they would soon faced, but to their surprise, they saw three young gentlemen and a young lady enter the room. Yeung Lan Fa looked over and smiled when she saw her friends from the Alpha Phoenix Society. The four new youngsters assisted in defeating the rest of the intruders.

With the last intruder killed, the most handsome man walked towards the four youngsters and introduced himself, “Thank you for your assistance. I am Chor Kiu Wai,” and to the rest of this group, “And this is my younger brother, Chor Tin Lok.”

The younger brother carefully wiped the blood off of his sword before he slid it back into place, which was wrapped around his waist. He looked at everyone once without bothering to acknowledge them.

The four youngsters in turn introduced themselves and were introduced to the more important members of Four Seasons of Rebirth. The youngsters all admired the rest of the seven beauties as they were introduced to them: Lai Chau Fung, Wong Bic Wun, Chan Chung Ling, Lee Yeuk Tung, Man Kung Yu, and Leung Siu Suet. Their gaze lingered on Leung Siu Suet the longest but the three young gentlemen quickly rested their eyes on Yeung Lan Fa again.

Concerned, Fung openly approached her and asked, “Are you hurt?” when he saw her rub her elbow.

She smiled at him, “It’s only a minor scratch, nothing compared to what everyone else suffered.”

Seeing them interact, Cheuk Hei felt uncomfortable and looked in a different direction as Suen nudged him again to approach Yeung Lan Fa.

When Chor Tin Lok finally spoke, he arrogantly demanded, “Take me to my room.”

Default DOFS 4 Summer's Disillusion

DOFS 4 – Summer’s Disillusion

Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

Although Wong Bic Wun and the Chor brothers had no family relations, she grew up with the two brothers in the same town and knew them as well as any sister could possibly know her own brothers. Thus, she did not react similarly to Chor Tin Lok’s impolite demand as her apprentice sisters did; the other disciples of Four Seasons of Rebirth and the guests from Alpha Phoenix Society tried to suppress their revulsion towards this distinguish looking gentleman’s lack of manners. Several of the ladies sighed silently to themselves as they were immediately attracted to this gentleman with great martial arts, for they would never have imagined him to be so rude. Consequently, their interest in him disappeared as they focused more on his handsome brother whose martial arts was slightly inferior, yet he made up for it with his refined looks and social personality.

Wong Bic Wun had long learned to overlook Chor Tin Lok’s behavior, and she naturally responded to his request. “Second senior brother Chor, I’ll show you the way.”

When Tin Lok passed the group of ladies on his way to the room, Lee Yeuk Tung blushed when he observed her staring at him in admiration.

After the two left, the matron immediately took on the role of the hostess as she welcomed the new guests and prepared rooms for them to stay in. When she asked for volunteers to show the guests their rooms, Yeung Lan Fa offered her assistance to attend to the disciples of Alpha Phoenix Society and to Ng Suen and Chan Chung Ling quickly requested to show Chor Kiu Wai to his room.

With the group dispersed, leaving Chung Ling and Kiu Wai alone, Chung Ling attempted to converse with the dashingly good looking gentleman whose personality and physique had lingered in her mind ever since he first visited years ago. “Brother Chor, how are you?”

Unaware of her affection for him, Kiu Wai engaged in a conversation with her as he would with any of his companions, “I’m doing well.”

Knowing well that Kiu Wai frequented the town twice a year, Chung Ling pondered out loud, “It’s been less than half a year since your last visit,” she looked at him shyly and hopefully, “Is there a reason for your unexpected visit?”

Laughing out loud, Kiu Wai freely admitted, “There is, but I cannot tell you yet. You will know the reason when the time comes. But I’ll let you know that the reason involves someone in this sect.” Seeing that Chung Ling stopped in front of a room, Kiu Wai easily guessed that room was his for the time, “Thank you Miss Chan. You should head back to your room to rest as well.”

Slightly irritated, Chung Ling questioned, “How many times did I tell you to call me Sister Chan or even Chung Ling?” Seeing him raised his eyebrows, she lowered her voice and timidly said, “Well, if you need anyone to talk to then please don’t hesitate to seek me.” And she quickly ran away before he could reject her offer.

Yeung Lan Fa purposely waited to show Ng Cheuk Hei his room last as she felt that she never got to know him quite as well as his senior apprentice brothers. Among the three apprentice brothers, only Lam Fung actively initiated conversation with her, whereas she would have to invest effort into conversing with Wong Jung Chak and Ng Cheuk Hei. At least with Jung Chak, once Lan Fa demonstrated any effort to get to know him, he would reciprocate the effort and asked questions to learn more about her. But Cheuk Hei always gave her brief answers and never wondered about her past. Sensing that this was another opportune moment to understand Cheuk Hei better, Lan Fa tried unsuccessfully to engage him in a light-hearted discussion before Lam Fung caught up to them.

Lan Fa somewhat felt disappointed by Lam Fung’s presence for she knew that she would have to wait until another time to learn about Cheuk Hei. Like her, Cheuk Hei also felt disheartenment; even though he invested little into their discussions, he treasured every moment he spent alone with her. Lam Fung was oblivious to their feelings as he joyously sought Lan Fa’s attention, who by this point had fully turned her attention to him and easily interacted with him.

After Wong Bic Wun left Chor Tin Lok, she immediately returned to her room to rest. She barely closed her eyes before someone knocked on her door.

She opened the door, “Brother Chor.”

Chor Kiu Wai smiled at the lady with the mesmerizing pair of eyes. Although social etiquette dictated that she should call him “first senior brother Chor”, he enjoyed her informality with him because it only reminded him more of their closeness. He walked into her room and freely poured himself and her a cup of tea.

“Bic Wun, can you tell brother Chor why you didn’t ask for his help?”

She sat next to him on the table. “How can I ask you for help when even I don’t know what is going on? About two months ago, Four Seasons of Rebirth was attacked. Even though we thoroughly searched the bodies of the intruders, we cannot find any hint that can lead to the mastermind.”

“Who do you think did that?”

“I don’t know. Four Seasons of Rebirth is well respected in molam, yet it has never been involved in a conflict with any sect nor has it ever offended anyone. I really don’t understand why this happened.”

“What about this recent attack?”

“It may be related to the previous attack. I cannot say for sure. The attack is less aggressive this time, and it lasted much longer. We’ve been fighting for five days and four nights. If junior apprentice sister Yeung did not return in time, we would’ve had more casualties. If you, your brother, and the Alpha Phoenix Society’s disciples didn’t show up, I am sure we would have lost more disciples.”

“Do you think their attack was less aggressive this time because they knew that you couldn’t perform ‘Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons’ with one of the division leaders gone?”

“I can’t say because I don’t even know if the two attacks are related.”

Chor Kiu Wai stood up and walked around Wong Bic Wun’s room, contemplating for a moment before he dared to tell her, “I know that you were temporarily weakened and busy defending yourself and your apprentice sisters to notice this, but I observed that the intruders had martial arts with very similar basic moves as those of the Alpha Phoenix Society.”

“Are you saying that the Alpha Phoenix Society is somehow involved?” Seeing him nod, she quickly disagreed with him, “You’re wrong there. I forgot to mention that their most prized disciple, Cheung Chi Lam, died in the previous attack.”

Kiu Wai rubbed the side of his nose as he pondered some more, “Is that so? Then how can we explain the similarities in their basic moves? Bic Wun, can you remember what was different about the previous attack from this?”

Wong Bic Wun concentrated briefly before she slammed her hand against the table and stood up, “The previous group used projectiles! This time, they only used swords.”

“Do you think you have the energy to go explore with me?”

Bic Wun looked at him curiously and grinned as she nodded her head.

The two searched the room where the fighting took place and found nothing revealing. Chor Kiu Wai suggested that they explore the disciples’ bodies for evidence. Initially, Bic Wun felt uneasy with the idea but she ultimately realized that they were desperate for clues. When they first explored the bodies of her apprentice sisters, they observed nothing outside of the obvious cuts. However, Kiu Wai decided to explore the bodies more thoroughly.

As he bent down to inspect a body, he was puzzled by a subtle purple dot. He commanded his qi to create a force that would allow him to extract an ultra thin needle from the body. “Bic Wun, come over here. Look what I’ve found.”

When Wong Bic Wun came to his side, she expressed confusion. “Where have I seen this?”

“You’ve seen this before? Can you help me search for a purple dot in the other bodies?”

The two carefully searched twenty more bodies and found the same needle in ten of the bodies. Kiu Wai signaled Bic Wun to remain silent until they returned to her room to discuss their results.

When they entered Bic Wun’s room, Kiu Wai placed the eleven needles on the table and observed them carefully. “These needles are identical. My guess is that your apprentice sisters died from these needles that were coated with poison.”

Bic Wun agreed. “And some of the apprentice sisters were slaughtered before the intruders had the chance to use the needles on them.”

“Bic Wun, did you say that the previous group also used projectiles?”

She nodded. “However, the projectiles looked nothing like these.”

“Then why do these needles look so familiar to you?”

As she tried to remember where she saw the needles, Kiu Wai paced around her room. His eyes twinkled and his mouth formed a smile when he observed that Wong Bic Wun had used some of the thousand year old ginseng root he had sent her. “Bic Wun, why haven’t you used all of the ginseng root I sent you?”

Bic Wun lowered her head in embarrassment when she confessed, “I didn’t use it for myself, but I will…ahh, I remember now!” Bic Wun looked at him with her eyes wide. “I remember where I’ve seen the needle. It was in junior apprentice sister Leung’s room.”

“Bic Wun, are you sure?”

“I remember that day. I brought her soup, which I made from the ginseng root you sent me, to help her prepare for a fighting competition the next morning. While she was drinking the soup, I accidentally found the needle on her dresser. She was upset at me and asked me to leave after that without explaining herself. I found it strange, but I dismissed the incident because junior apprentice sister Leung had always been odd.”

“Hmm. Although Leung Siu Suet is a strange lady, I am not sure if she is involved in this.”

“Brother Chor, I don’t know what to think. I don’t want to believe that she could be involved in this but it is reasonable to assume so. How else could the enemy know that junior apprentice sister Yeung was away and that it was a perfect time to attack our sect? How else can I explain the needle in her room? How else can I explain her indifference to everyone’s death?” Wong Bic Wun sat down and laid her head against her arms as she began to feel a headache from thinking too much. “I really don’t wish it to be true. Brother Chor, tell me what to do.”

Chor Kiu Wai rested a hand against her shoulder to comfort her. He lowered his body to face her at eye level and said, “Bic Wun, what does your intuition tell you?”

“That she didn’t do it.”

Kiu Wai smiled at her and used his other hand to wipe her tear away, “I believe your instincts. I want you to know that whatever you decide on, I will be there to help you and to support you. Do you understand?”

Bic Wun nodded. “I want to tell matron-first senior apprentice sister about this.”

“That’s a wise decision. But promise me that you will be as unbiased as possible?”

The two spoke to Lai Chau Fung and revealed their findings. As Wong Bic Wun had promised Chor Kiu Wai, she related her incident with Leung Siu Suet with only the essential facts.

Lai Chau Fung calmly looked at the two and ordered, “I will take over this matter. Promise me that you will not reveal this to anyone.”

Wong Bic Wun agreed but inquired, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, what do you think?”

Chau Fung gave her an assuring smile as she responded, “Do as I say and don’t let anyone else know about this.” Approaching Chor Kiu Wai, Chau Fung thanked him, “I appreciate your involvement in protecting this sect. You and your brother are welcome to stay as long as it pleases you two, but I cannot guarantee your safety given everything that has happened.”

Kiu Wai raised his hand to stop her from saying more, “Matron, do not worry about my brother and myself. Bic Wun and I have been friends since childhood.” He then looked at Bic Wun affectionately without her noticing as he proceeded, “It is my responsibility and my choice to help her even if my safety is at stake.”

Chau Fung turned her head away as her eyes glistened. “Junior apprentice sister Wong is lucky to have a good friend like you.”

At that moment, someone frantically knocked on her door.

Man Kung Yu pounded on the matron’s bedroom door as she screamed, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, something terrible has happened.” The matron opened the door and Kung Yu took a deep breath before she disclosed, “Someone has dug up the old matron’s coffin and vandalized her grave!”

Those who heard the news rushed to the grave site and were shocked by the site. There before their eyes laid the coffin: disturbed; opened; and violated. The former matron’s tomb was cracked and trash was littered in the hole.

Leung Siu Suet approached Wu Yin Cho, who stood next to the coffin and guarded the sight while his cousin spread the news; she demanded, “What happened here?”

Her beauty never failed to impress him as he answered, “Kung Yu took me here to pay my respect to the late matron, and when we arrived, the burial site had already been destroyed.”

Lai Chau Fung kneeled down, “Teacher, Disciple is useless. I cannot even protect your grave.”

Everyone else kneeled down and waited until the matron was done mourning.

As Wong Bic Wun stood up to comfort the matron, she cautiously observed Leung Siu Suet’s reaction and saw that her expression remained the same as always, completely unaffected by the situation. “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, this is not your fault.”

In her moment of despair, Lai Chau Fung spoke, “If I ever discover the person who did this, he or she will have to pay for it ten folds.”

Talking

Hi Patricia,

You've started a very exciting story with quite a mystery. You have a great cast and nice set of characters. I just have one comment about the flow of the wording...don't you think senior apprentice sister and junior appretice sister seem too long? I think there were parts where there were too much of flowery embellishments and some repeated words to describe certain actions and so it makes the word flow sorta heavy and slowed down a bit.

But over all, I enjoyed reading what you've written so far, Leung Siu Suet is one of the suspects but I don't think she's the one who did it either. Please continue your hard work and effort in weaving such a interesting story.

Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-10-04 at 05:31 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default DOFS 5

hi suet seung-yeah, i agree with you that the titles "apprentice sister/brother + [last name]" are long. however, i need the proper english equivalent of the words so that the reader can differentiate status (as in older or younger or a superior or junior, relation (as in classmate or simply a friend), gender. just be glad i didn't work with numbers for ranking (most senior, 2nd senior, etc) as that will make it more difficult to appreciate the characters. plus, i think it gives the story more of an authentic feel (what is wuxia without the brotherhood and kung fu) although i sacrifice the flow. but oh well, i'm more concerned with giving the proper description of peoples relationship to one another as that's more important to me than the flow. if you know of a better system, then let me know. thanks for reading.

DOFS 5

Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Tong Ling – Leila Tong
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

Despite the many unfortunate events which rapidly took place in such a brief period, numerous maidens of similar backgrounds participated in the recruitment try-out for the Four Seasons of Rebirth. These women ranged from various ages. The younger ones were orphans who longed for a permanent shelter with the benefit of learning martial arts and the older ones were mostly widows with no other place to seek refuge. There were few maidens who did not fit either category; nevertheless, they desired to pass the trial and be recruited as the next generation of disciples. The women were separated according to their season of birth.

Lai Chau Fung secretly let out a sigh of relief when she saw the turn out for the recruitment try-out.

Seeing this, Wong Bic Wun cheekily asked, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, are you satisfied with the turn out?”

“What is there to be satisfied about? Considering the loss our sect suffered, we will have to compromise the quality of the new generation of disciples for quantity,” Leung Siu Suet remarked with discontentment.

Bic Wun knitted her brows in frustration as she replied, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, must you always be so negative?”

Leung Siu Suet narrowed her eyes before departing from them to start the try-out.

Bic Wun turned to face Chau Fung, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, do not worry. I believe that Teacher is watching out for us from above.” Seeing Chau Fung nod with a partial smile, Bic Wun happily walked toward the Summer Division candidates.

Although Yeung Lan Fa did not participate in the discussion, she stood close enough to the three other division leaders to hear Siu Suet’s comment. She slightly bowed her head in contemplation.

Seeing this, Lam Fung quickly expressed his concern, “Junior sister Yeung?”

Lan Fa did not hear him the first time; she finally looked in his direction after he repeated her name several times. “Senior brother Lam.”

“Can you please tell me what’s bothering you?”

“I overheard senior apprentice sister Leung mentioned the possibility of compromising the quality of the new disciples this year for quantity. And I know that the Spring division lost the most number of disciples as I was not around to train my members properly or to guide them.”

Lam Fung saw the worries and regret in her eyes. “You’re very silly, do you realize that? You had to be away to train; you did not have a choice at the time.”

“Senior apprentice brother Lam is correct.” Lan Fa looked up to see Wong Jung Chak speaking. “Even if you were here at the time, do you think you had the skills and capabilities to protect them without your training?”

Lam Fung added, “Junior sister Yeung, you see, even senior apprentice brother Wong agrees that you’re being silly.”

Ng Suen slyly said, “Do not worry. My brother will do everything he can to help you…” seeing Cheuk Hei’s disapproval at her eagerness to set them up, she continued, “because that is the kind of person that he is.”

Cheuk Hei voiced, “All of us are committed to helping your sect rebuild. Since your group has the biggest loss, we will dedicate our effort to select the best candidates for your division.”

From the Summer division recruiting area, Wong Bic Wun sneakily observed Lan Fa’s interaction with her new friends and she giggled to herself.

Hearing her, Chor Kiu Wai cheerfully joked, “Why can’t I enjoy recruiting new disciples as much as you?”

Bic Wun directed her attention to Kiu Wai and smartly replied, “You’ve always done a better job at recruiting disciples than me. I trust you completely, Kiu Wai. Now go back and help your brother recruit the disciples for me.”

“And what are you going to do? Maybe I should go and help the Autumn division recruitment since you have so much time, and the matron looks quite busy.” Kiu Wai slowly walked towards the Autumn division candidates.

Bic Wun quickly ran after him and yanked his arm to drag him back, “Don’t do that! I really need your help. Didn’t you always insist that I ask you for help when I need it?”

Kiu Wai smiled as he knew that she was correct. He crossed his arms and bargained, “I’ll stay if you tell me what you were giggling at.”

As usual, she knew that she could get her way with him. She smiled and agreed, “As long as you don’t tell anyone. I was enjoying the little scene over there.” She carefully pointed to Lan Fa and the three men. “It seems as though junior apprentice sister Yeung has a set of admirers.”

Nodding his head, Kiu Wai kept silent momentarily before he felt safe to exclaim, “You can appreciate other people’s dilemma but you’re blind to your own situation.”

“Che! Who dares to say that? I knew when the disciples of the Alpha Phoenix Society tried to court me.” Seeing Kiu Wai’s puzzled expression, Bic Wun quickly defended herself, “I know that I may not be as beautiful as junior apprentice sister Leung, but I’m not ugly either. Some have even called me pretty. As a matter of fact, I am even known as one of the seven beauties of this sect. Now stop looking at me like that!” Bic Wun immediately turned away from him and went over to Tin Lok to recruit the new students.

Kiu Wai muttered to himself, “Now you’ve gone and upset her.”

By evening, the recruitment try out ended and a brief ceremony was performed to formally welcome the new disciples. After the orientation was completed, the four division leaders secretly met in the matron’s room.

Chau Fung initiated the meeting, “Before we begin discussing our new findings on the previous attacks, I want to know what you think of the new candidates? Junior apprentice sister Wong, you start.”

Bic Wun, “I admit that I am not fully pleased with the selection of this year’s candidates, but I do see potential in several of the girls.”

Chau Fung nodded and looked at Siu Suet, “And you? What’s your opinion?”

“I am satisfied.”

Chau Fung smiled, “So do you feel that you had to compromise quality for quantity?”

Siu Suet confidently replied, “No, for I chose quality over quantity.”

“Is your division filled?”

“No, but I will manage.”

Knowing Siu Suet’s behavior and capabilities, Chau Fung chose to support her decision instead of reprimanding her. She turned her attention to Lan Fa.

Lan Fa revealed, “I feel the same way as senior apprentice sister Wong. There were too many positions to be filled, and I cannot see all of the new disciples perform as well as the previous generations. However, there is one disciple who stands out and eventually fare as well as Lee Yeuk Tung. Her name is Tong Ling.”

After a moment of silence the three division leaders looked at the matron, and Chau Fung asked, “Does anyone have any suspicions of who the traitor can be? Junior apprentice sister Leung, what do you think?”

Siu Suet looked at everyone in the room as she responded, “It can be anyone, even one of us.”

Bic Wun quickly agreed, “You are right. None of us can be excluded from this.”

“Ah, I wanted to tell you this,” volunteered Lan Fa, “While I fought against the enemy, I noticed that their martial arts is very similar to that of the Alpha Phoenix Society. But based on my interaction with the disciples and master of the sect, I do not feel as though they are involved in this.”

“You are biased. Remember, everyone is a suspect,” snapped Siu Suet.

Pondering her thoughts aloud, Bic Wun questioned, “Does our sect have a secret past which we do not know of?”

Chau Fung also wondered, “Or maybe the Alpha Phoenix Society has a past which no one knows of?”

In an attempt to defend the sect which she respected, Lan Fa declared, “It can be an enemy using another sect’s martial arts to distract us.”

Siu Suet allowed herself to yawn openly, “It’s pointless to argue. If there is no new piece of evidence or information, I will go to bed.”

After Siu Suet left the room, Bic Wun and Lan Fa excused themselves. While walking back to their respective room, Bic Wun confessed, “Junior apprentice sister Yeung, I am quite impressed by how much your kung fu has accelerated in such a brief period of time.”

Lan Fa blushed and honestly admitted, “The credit must be given to senior apprentice sister Leung. Without her help, I would have never been able to master the manual so quickly.”

“How did she help you?”

“She fought against me and I later realized that the moves I used to defend myself are the basic moves for my share of ‘Fiery Anger of the Invincible Dragons.’”

Suddenly, Bic Wun stopped walking and exclaimed, “It is forbidden for anyone else except for the division leader to know the martial arts of her division’s manual.”

Lan Fa slightly touched Bic Wun’s arm as she attempted to ease her anger, “Senior apprentice sister Wong, if senior apprentice sister Leung did not break the rule this time, I would not have returned in time to help ward off the attack.”

Bic Wun covered her anger with a smile, “Junior apprentice sister Yeung, you are naïve. But you are also right. Don’t worry, I will not report her. I just remember that I had to meet with Kiu Wai to challenge his Chinese chess skills.”

After Bic Wun left, Lan Fa saw Suen and walked over to her, “Senior sister Ng! What are you doing here?” Seeing the soup on the tray Suen carried, Lan Fa guessed, “Is this for someone? Your brother?” Watching Suen blushed, Lan Fa knew it wasn’t for Cheuk Hei, “Is this for senior brother Wong? No?...Umm, senior brother Lam?” Suen blushed even more and Lan Fa carelessly blurted, “You like him?”

“Junior sister Yeung, please stop teasing me. But even if I like him, so what? He already has someone else in mind,” Suen tilted her head after disclosing the matter that had bothered her for the past few months. The more she saw Fung treat Lan Fa, the more she understood that he would forever see her as a sister.

Feeling bad and disappointed, Lan Fa encouraged her, “Then he is an idiot if he does not feel the same way about you. You’re kind, gentle, fun, smart, and attractive. I bet the girl he likes cannot compare to you.”

Suen shook her head sadly, “I know several men who will claim otherwise, but thank you for those kind words. How do you feel about him?”

Knowing Suen’s special feelings for Fung, Lan Fa had to stare at the stars above in order to lie to her, “I only think of him as a friend.”

Suen meekly smiled, “I need to bring this to him before he falls asleep. I haven’t brought my brother his soup yet, can you bring it to him for me?” Seeing Lan Fa nod, Suen thanked her and left.

Several days later. Nighttime. The hour of peace. Also, the hour of trouble.

Three masked figures coincidentally crossed one another near the home of the Alpha Phoenix Society. All fought against one another. Two of the figures displayed remarkable skills, and the winner could not be established even after 100 strikes. The third masked figure stepped aside and hungrily waited for the perfect opportunity to ambush the two. The right moment arrived and the third figure jumped in when the two exchanged blows. During the brief interaction, they pulled off each other’s mask to reveal Wu Yin Cho (the figure with the weakest kung fu), Chor Tin Lok, and Leung Siu Suet.

The two men asked, “What are you doing out here?”

The friendlier of the two, Yin Cho, answered first, “I came here to investigate this sect. During the previous attack on Four Seasons of Rebirth, the similarities between the foundation of this sect’s kung fu and the attackers are too many for me to ignore. What about you brother Chor?”

When Tin Lok first observed Yin Cho’s sneaky attack, he held nothing but disgust for him. However learning that Yin Cho’s reason for appearing at the Alpha Phoenix Society was the same as his, Tin Lok developed some respect for him. He crossed his arms proudly and answered, “For the same reason.”

Yin Cho approached Siu Suet before repeating his question.

She merely glanced at him and remained silent.

Tin Lok observed her coolness and unsheathed his sword. He pointed his sword at her and acknowledged, “I rarely meet worthy opponents to spar against. Will you allow me this honor, Miss Leung?”

Siu Suet walked away from both men as she delivered, “I do not waste time with such trivial matters.”

Just as she somersaulted over the roof, a loud “dong” vibrated throughout the night.

A voice echoed, “Intruder alert. Intruder alert.” Immediately, sounds of footsteps swept the floor as the bell continued to ring.

Leung Siu Suet knew that no one detected her presence, but she knew it was a risky trip, especially with Tin Lok and Yin Cho creating more alarm among the disciples. Hence, she abandoned her station and returned home.
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-29-04 at 04:03 PM.

Default DOFS more of chapter 5

i just added this section last night because i realized that i had not completed my ideas for this chapter. enjoy.

Meanwhile, the disciples of the Alpha Phoenix Society frantically searched their home for the intruder. The master paced back and forth in the conference room.

A disciple entered the room and greeted his master properly before he informed the master, “Teacher, I saw the intruder exit from the sacred library.”

Startled by the news, the master stroked his beard while lost in thought, “The sacred library is carefully guarded with hidden traps. Except for the few in our sect who are aware of the setup, no one can safely enter and then exit the library.”

More disciples rushed into the room to relay that they failed to capture the intruder. “Teacher, please forgive us. We cannot find traces of the intruder.”

Lau Dan raised his hand to assure them that he did not blame them for their failure. “If this intruder can enter the library undetected, then his martial arts skills is already at the extraordinary level. Even I may have a difficult time pursuing the intruder. I want you disciples to search the building one more time before you go to bed. If you find any clues then seek me in the sacred library.”

Lau Dan searched the library several times, and each time, he saw nothing unusual. Every book, every manual, and every script were kept in their exact location. Even the books which he purposely placed in a position were left in place. The ground which he carefully laid with dust to track intruders was swept completely clean so that he could not determine what the intruder sought. The traps were left undisturbed.

A few days later, Siu Suet finally arrived at Four Seasons of Rebirth. When she entered she saw Yin Cho and Man Kung Yu and walked past by them.

Kung Yu stated loudly enough for all to hear, “Senior brother Wu, it’s such a coincidence that you, the younger Chor brother, and senior apprentice sister Leung left and returned around the same time. Don’t you think?”

He smirked and pinched Kung Yu’s nose, “Kids should not be so nosy!” When Yin Cho finally saw Siu Suet, he casually asked, “Miss Leung, so you’re finally back from your trip. How was it?”

Upon hearing about Siu Suet’s return, Chau Fung walked out to welcome her back, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, I’m glad to see you back. Are you hungry?”

Siu Suet ignored Yin Cho and walked with Chau Fung to the kitchen. Knowing that Siu Suet usually left the same time each year to visit her parents’ grave, Chau Fung wondered, “How do you feel?”

Siu Suet replied, “It’s the same every year. I’ve already accepted the fact that they’re dead.”

Chau Fung placed her hand on Siu Suet’s shoulder and said, “At least you knew your parents. Teacher was the only maternal figure I had.”

Siu Suet uncomfortably shifted her shoulder away from Chau Fung’s hand. Her eyes briefly expressed pity and sorrow but was soon placed by her usual distant and expressionless demeanor, “I’ll get us a snack.” She quickly walked back into the kitchen.

Chau Fung stood near the threshold with disappointment in her eyes. She needed Siu Suet’s help. She had been having the same dreams on a weekly basis and she knew what it was doing to her.

Hey Patricia,

Thanks for the update. There are so many intruders in these first five chapters, eh? What are you hinting at here? It seems like there is a big conspiracy in the make between the two sects.

I wonder Patricia, do you mean to keep it formal all the time? With how you have them addressing each other by senior and junior appretice brother/sister all the time? Sorry, I don't mean to impose but here's an idea... I think by now if the readers pay close attention, they'd already understood who is older since you've told them who and who is older/senior or younger/junior. I'm just thinking it's a bit tiring for you to keep on writing senior and junior, well...personally I would get tired of writing it many times. So all I'm saying is, once you've had establish the relationships between the characters and all to the audience, in the later chapters, you can cut out the formality like senior/junior apprentice sister/brother to just Sister (surname) or have nicknames for the characters(that's depending on which characters are close(and how close) to the other characters). As readers, I assume they'll know those characters are in the same sect and such after they familarize themselves with the story and characters.

Looking forward to more updates. Thanks again Pat.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-30-04 at 07:50 PM.

Default DOFS 6 - Season of Love

hello suet seung, glad to see you're still reading. about writing the lengthy "apprentice" titles, i would love to make it easy on myself by shortening up the titles somehow. alas, i'm anal when it comes to consistency (it's a habit i still need to better develop) so i will stick with the lengthy title at the cost of flow....oh well, i should have used the vietnamese titles instead (they are shorter) but the readers will be confused...just like how i get confused when writers use the chinese titles. but i have a hard time finding the english equivalent for some words like, "dai ca" as oppose to "dai su huynh" and "anh hai" you know? anyhow, hope you enjoy the next installment. most of the action is in the last four paragraphs....(most not all, the rest is buried somewhere in the mush that i wrote).

DOFS 6 Season of Love

Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Tong Ling – Leila Tong
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

Leung Siu Suet saw the desperation in Lai Chau Fung’s eyes, but she chose to ignore her silent pleas. She felt Lai Chau Fung’s eyes following her into the kitchen, and she wondered why the matron was bothered. If it had anything to do with the previous ambush, then the matron would have discussed it during the division leaders’ private meetings. What else could possibly concern the matron that she would have to privately seek her help? However, as long as the matter did not concern her, she refused to be involved. After she found food in the kitchen, she coldly offered some to the matron and left her alone.

That evening Lai Chau Fung shifted uneasily during her sleep.

The room was cold and she looked at her surrounding. She was completely dressed in her white nightgown and shivered uncontrollably. This seemed familiar to her. Although the cave was well lit, she had a difficult time seeing far for the fog blurred everything. She saw the back of a man, also dressed in white; however, unlike her, he was properly dressed in a white robe and his hair was perfectly done and held up with a white ribbon. She recognized him and happily ran to him and hugged him from behind. “Brother Cheung,” she whispered. It felt so good to touch him.

The man turned around and said, “Chau Fung, I’ve been waiting for you.” He raised a hand and touched her face as he lovingly said, “You’ve lost weight. Is it because of me?”

She did not want him to worry about her and planned to lie to him, but she couldn’t. She broke down and cried against his chest as she repeated, “I’ve missed you so much. Why, why did you have to leave me?”

He gently stroked her hair and tried to comfort her by remaining silent. He then slowly tilted her chin up to kiss her lips. She did not know for how long they kissed, but she felt a passion stir in her. Slowly, she felt his lips drifting away, and when she opened her eyes, she saw him gliding away from her. His eyes expressed tremendous sorrow. She tried to run after him but she was rooted on the spot.

“Chi Lam!” Lai Chau Fung immediately woke up from her sleep. When she realized it was only a dream, she broke down and cried. She looked out her window and realized that dawn was quickly approaching. She had survived another day without him. She walked over to open her window. She faced the sky and silently said, “Brother Cheung, I promise you, when my task is done here I will join you.”

Unfortunately, it had been a few weeks since the previous ambush, and no one made any new discovery. The weeks had been quiet, but the disciples were actively training. This morning was particularly hot, yet none of the disciples dared to avoid the training. Even the new disciples understood the importance of the daily training and they surprised the leaders with their diligence despite their poor learning abilities.

Of the four division leaders, Yeung Lan Fa had the most difficult task for she lacked the experience to properly train the disciples, and most of the new disciples were on her team. Lee Yeuk Tung took over for her while she took a break. She wiped the beads of sweat off her forehead.

A finger gently tapped her shoulder and she looked up to see Lam Fung offering his handkerchief. She grimly nodded a thank you and tried to walk away when he asked her, “Why have you been avoiding me?”

She tightened her hold on the handkerchief and dared not to face him when she responded, “You must be imagining it. I’m not avoiding you.”

He ran up to her and queried, “Then why are you walking away from me now?”

She looked at the handkerchief and offered it back to him as she replied, “You know I’ve been busy with training the new disciples. Please excuse me.” She gently pushed her way around him to return to her division.

Wong Jung Chak observed their interaction and also wondered why Lan Fa had been acting strange around Lam Fung. He then dismissed all suspicions he held for he knew that he would not be able to help with their situation. He sighed and proceeded with helping Ng Cheuk Hei train the new Spring division disciples. Cheuk Hei walked up and down the isle to observe the new disciples demonstrate their skills. He was honest but gentle with his comments as he sought to correct any of the disciples’ mistakes, “Junior sister Tong, you have a sturdy stance. Very good.”

Tong Ling blushed at his comment. She clearly recalled the day he broke her fall during the recruitment try-out. That day, Wong Jung Chak unintentionally palmed her too hard, causing her to fall off the stage; fortunately, Cheuk Hei leapt up and caught her in time. But discontentment washed away the dreamy look in her eyes when she saw how his eyes light up at the sight of Yeung Lan Fa.

Ng Suen also observed the interaction between Lam Fung and Yeung Lan Fa. She felt remorse for revealing her feelings for Fung to Lan Fa, but she was determined to help her brother win Lan Fa’s heart. She saw how happy her brother had been in the past few weeks since she had found countless ways for Lan Fa to spend more time with him. Her eyes remained on Lam Fung and she did not realize that she was following him until he turned around. She sheepishly smiled at him.

As if he thought of an idea, he asked her, “Sister Ng, would you like to accompany me around town?”

Lan Fa saw Suen walk out with Fung and her heart ache. She finally knew how much she cared for him; nevertheless, she believed that she made the right decision. She smiled and returned to training her division members. She signaled for Lee Yeuk Tung to rest while she stepped in to train the old generations of disciples. Lee Yeuk Tung passed her and remarked, “Love doesn’t come easily.”

While resting Lee Yeuk Tung stared in the direction of the Summer division training ground. Her eyes rested on the younger Chor brother, a guy who captured her interest the moment she first saw him. Every morning, she snuck to observe him practice her martial arts and to admire his build. But since the first day she met him, he had never stared at her again. She sighed and thought that Lan Fa was fortunate to have Lam Fung openly pursue her.

Chor Tin Lok felt a pair of eyes staring at him, but he was not one who was easily distracted. He promised his brother to help Wong Bic Wun train the new disciples and he always kept his promises. The new disciples were obviously afraid of him, for he was stern and unyielding. He did not tolerate laziness and rarely praised them for their diligence. Fortunately, his older brother Chor Kiu Wai was much nicer. Not only nicer, but he was also exceedingly handsome. He was probably the most handsome man in the world. All of the disciples were obviously infatuated with Kiu Wai and attempted to flirt with him. Members of the other division envied the members of Summer division because they could closely work with Kiu Wai.

Wong Bic Wun found it amusing whenever she witnessed her disciples blush around Kiu Wai, and she teased him whenever she could. That evening they played another round of Chinese chess under the gazebo. The night was beautiful and serene. The moon hung high and its reflection was captured perfectly in the pond.

Bic Wun intensely stared at the board, mystified by his previous move. Her eyebrows knitted and then she slammed her piece down and stated with annoyance, “Kiu Wai, are you purposely trying to let me win?”

He raised an eyebrow as he smiled charmingly in her direction. “If I don’t let you win every once in a while, would you still play with me?”

She pouted and crossed her arms, “Do you really think that I’m like that?”

He simply laughed and placed a chip in between her fingers, “Why don’t we start over then? I promise I will not let you win.”

She looked at him as he cleared the board and smirked, “Che! I can win on my own.” And then she smiled mischievously and said in a sing song voice, “I don’t understand why all of those disciples are attracted to you. You’re not that great.”

Observing her carefully, Chor Kiu Wai asked, “Are you jealous?”

She stared at her chip and wondered, “Why would I be jealous? If you were so great, then why aren’t you married by now, huh?”

Once again, she misunderstood him. Her statement caught him off guard and he widened his eyes in surprise. He didn’t know what to say to her. He looked at her beautifully expressive round eyes and wondered if he should expose the truth to her at that moment.

She was satisfied that he could not defend himself. She happily placed the first chip down the board.

Chan Chung Ling walked along the bridge and recognized the two. She quickly walked towards the pair and happily exclaimed, “Brother Chor!” Bic Wun cleared her throat and Chung Ling finally looked in her direction and respectfully bowed her head, “Senior apprentice sister Wong.” She immediately shifted her attention back to Kiu Wai and asked, “How are you tonight, Brother Chor?”

Bic Wun saw that Chung Ling only wanted to talk to Chor Kiu Wai and quickly dismissed herself, although rather abruptly for her own standards, “Excuse me.”

Kiu Wai stood up and protested, “But we haven’t finished this game.”

Chung Ling asked him, “Are you good? Can I challenge you?”

Bic Wun quickly ran away from them. She did not understand why she felt uneasy around Chung Ling and Kiu Wai. She kept on asking herself, “Why am I upset?”

Lai Chau Fung wandered aimlessly around the manor. She was afraid to fall asleep because she would be disappointed when she wakes up. As much as she longed to see him again, it only pained her to see him in her dreams, for memories of her happiest days would flood her mind. She always felt the loss. She stared at the rather unusually beautiful moon until she heard a familiar voice. She looked over and saw Bic Wun talking to herself. Chau Fung called her over, “Junior apprentice sister Wong.”

Bic Wun saw the matron and cheerfully approached her, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, how are you?”

Chau Fung smiled at those lovely and vibrant pair of eyes, “I’m fine. And you? I heard you muttering over there.”

Bic Wun opened up to the matron, “I don’t know why I am upset. Ever since I realized junior apprentice sister Chan’s feelings for Kiu Wai, I feel uncomfortable being around them. But I don’t feel this way when the other apprentice sisters show their interest in him.”

The matron suppressed a smile as she nodded with understanding. “Junior apprentice sister Wong, do you remember when you were training with the Alpha Phoenix Society’s disciples?” Bic Wun nodded. The matron continued, “Have you ever wondered why you never gave those gentlemen a chance to get involved with you? Why do you suppose you’ve been single for as long as I’ve known you?”

The leader of the Summer division tilted her head, “I don’t know.”

The matron carefully asked, “Are you afraid to admit it?” She walked down the corridor and Bic Wun followed. “How long have you known the elder Chor brother?”

She replied, “All my life.”

The matron stopped walking and wondered, “Have you ever thought about your relationship with him?” Bic Wun shook her head. “Have you thought about your feelings for him?” Bic Wun shook her head again. “Is it possible that you feel threatened by junior apprentice sister Chan because she might have a chance with him? I want you to think about that tonight before you go to sleep. One more thing, what you’re feeling is called jealousy. Good night.”

Ever since her conversation with the matron a few nights ago, Wong Bic Wun had a harder time falling asleep. She spent countless hours answering the matron’s questions. And then she felt restless for she finally admitted that she loved Chor Kiu Wai, starting when she did not know. But his kindness and attentiveness towards her had touched her. She was greatly disturbed at the discovery for she had always thought of him as a brother for as long as she remembered. When did the feelings become romantic on her part? She decided to leave her bedroom to take a walk and put her mind at ease.

While outside, she sensed an intruder. A shadow somersaulted through the manor quietly and headed for the matron’s practicing chamber. Bic Wun followed the shadow and attacked the intruder aggressively. Halfway through the fight, Bic Wun recognized the intruder and interrogated the person, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, why are you trying to sneak into the matron’s practicing chamber?”

The intruder ignored the comment and somersaulted to escape but Bic Wun followed closely while talking, “I have covered for you too many times before. After this incident we are no longer friends.”

The intruder stopped and took off her mask, “Senior apprentice sister Wong, what I do is my business. I hope you don’t attempt to interfere in the future or else I will not hold back.”

The next day, Wong Bic Wun was shocked to see Leung Siu Suet at the morning training. She thought Leung Siu Suet would have no face to return to the sect, but she was wrong. Leung Siu Suet acted as though nothing happened the previous night and continued with her daily routine. Bic Wun wanted to warn the matron about Siu Suet, but she was unsure if the matron would believe her. Her only option was to monitor Siu Suet in the meantime with Chor Kiu Wai’s help. She knew only he would believe her. He had never doubted her before.

As she predicted, after she told him about the unexpected event that took place the previous night, he agreed to support her.

Wong Bic Wun was not the only division leader who struggled through the following weeks. Yeung Lan Fa also had her own set of problems. Although she was happy for her friend, it hurt her to see Lam Fung and Ng Suen together. It was clear to her that he was interested in Suen, for he constantly sought Suen’s company. However, she did not know that he was actively seeking Suen’s advice about her. Besides for Lan Fa, Suen was the only woman who he knew at the sect, and he wanted to learn what women like and what they want in a man. Suen knew that Fung would never love her, but she had to keep up with the act so that Lan Fa would continue to pay more attention to Cheuk Hei.

Even though Lan Fa was sad that Fung was with Suen, she remained best friends with Suen. The two took care of each other like biological sisters. One day, Suen fell ill and Lan Fa made soup for her. She brought the soup to Suen’s room and spoon fed her.

Cheuk Hei did not think much about his sister’s illness. He was aware that she got sick easily, but she always recovered very quickly. He was training with the disciples when he overheard their conversation.

One of the disciples whispered, “Our division leader is a good friend. Even though her best friend stole her love interest, she still takes care of her.” The other one whispered, “She’s not that great. You can tell that she’s overwhelmed with jealousy. How would you feel if a man who always paid attention to you ignores you for another woman?”

Cheuk Hei cleared his throat and the two women looked down in embarrassment. He kindly reminded them, “Please continue to practice what I taught you. This time is reserved for training.”

Minutes later, Lan Fa ran out, completely distressed, and in shock. Her face was completely ashen and covered with tears, and Cheuk Hei ran up to her, “Sister Yeung, what is it?”

Lan Fa looked at him and stated in a monotonous voice, “Sister Ng is dead.”

Everyone ran back into the room and saw a lifeless young lady with blood oozing out of her mouth. Cheuk Hei demanded, “What happened?”

Lan Fa helplessly answered, “I don’t know. I fed her the soup I made this morning and a moment later, I witnessed her gasping for pain and screaming from severe pain. I tried my best to help her and when I suspected that the soup was poisoned, she had already ceased to breathe.”

One of the disciples raised her voice, “You are a despicable woman. I cannot believe that you would poison your best friend out of jealousy.”

Lan Fa was beyond shock by the accusation as she denied it, “I would never do such a thing. I loved her like my own sister.”

The same disciple continued, “Humph! I refuse to be in a sect that would allow such behavior.” She threw her sword down and left; a small group of women shook their heads and followed the other disciples lead to leave the sect.

Lan Fa looked at Cheuk Hei, “Brother Ng, I…”

Cheuk Hei looked at her and reassured her, “I know that you would never do that. Just let me have some time alone with my sister please.”

The next day, Cheuk Hei decided to have a proper funeral for his sister in is hometown. He intended to go home for a month to bring the corpse home and comfort his parents. On his way out, Tong Ling ran after him and declared, “Brother Hei, I promise to avenge the person who killed your sister.”

His eyes saddened at the thought of his dead sister. He told her firmly, “No, let me find out who did this and seek revenge myself.”

She was disappointed that he left her without saying more.

Yeung Lan Fa stayed inside Ng Suen’s room and cried. She never would have predicted that her best friend’s life would end this way. She heard footsteps and looked up to see Lam Fung. They stared at each other for a while before she asked, “Do you blame me for her death?”

He shook his head and replied, “I know you better than that.”

She nodded her head, “How could this have happened to her?” Fung walked over and sat next to her in silence. He placed a hand on her shoulder and then pulled her into an embrace; he knew it was what she needed.

After a while, Lan Fa pulled away and exclaimed, “I can’t do this. Suen loved you and you love her, how could you hold me like that?”

He corrected her, “I never loved Suen. I only love you.”

Lan Fa bit her lips. She was too confused and too upset at the loss of her friend. However, she felt more comforted in his arms, and that was where she remained for a while.

While the sect was distracted by the sudden death of a young female guest, Leung Siu Suet used this opportunity to sneak out of the sect at night time. She swiftly and quietly left the sect, unaware of the figure trailing her. When she thought she safely landed outside, a figure quickly caught up to her and attacked her from behind. The figure wore the same hit man’s outfit she wore; his face was also covered with a mask.

The two sparred, and after forty strokes, the winner could not be determined. Leung Siu Suet needed to get rid of the figure and increased her attacks; her strokes became more ferocious and swift. When she saw that she missed the figure, she withdrew her hands unbelievably fast and launched another attack, not giving her opponent an opportunity to fight back. Unfortunately, the opponent was highly skilled. He blocked every stroke and was able to attack her back. Siu Suet pulled a sword from her waist and mercilessly lunged the sword at the figure. She missed. She somersaulted away from him but he followed her with ease. She jumped against a tree and pushed off from it while aiming for the figure, who had already unsheathed his sword and blocked her strike. Clanging noises rang from the swords non-stop. Siu Suet back flipped over his head and used the momentum to lunge at him, but he flipped to the side. She ran along the tree trunk and cut the branches which she threw in his direction. He swung his sword to block the branches, and she escaped from him that moment. When he looked up, he saw that she was gone.

He heard someone clapping. He turned around and saw Wu Yin Cho who said a matter of factly, “What a remarkable display of swordsmanship, Brother Chor. Miss Leung is a worthy opponent, don’t you agree?”

Chor Tin Lok unmasked himself and agreed, “She is. It’s too bad we didn’t complete the fight.” He looked at Yin Cho and remarked, “You’re not as ordinary as I had originally thought.”

Wu Yin Cho held his sword up and unsheathed it as he replied, “You’re right.”

Default chapter 7 part A

I've combined chapter 7 part A and B. So ignore this section.
    Last edited by patricia n; 11-19-04 at 01:53 AM.

Hey! I'm sorry I haven't been reading these last two installments, I've been busy and I'm still currently busy. But I will read it as soon as I have some free time on my hand and will give you some comments asap too. I'm glad you still have lotsa inspiration and creativity to write. I've just regained mine so hopefully I'll find some time to write my fanfics again too. But classes are going to start again soon, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do that but hehehe I'm going to try anyway.

Thanks for updating again.

Default DOFS 7 part A+B

DOFS 7 parts A+B

Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Kung Kit Ying – Yammie Lam
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Tong Ling – Leila Tong
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

Although Chor Tin Lok was curious, he maintained an emotionless expression and waited for Wu Yin Cho to make the first move. Yin Cho calmly revealed, “After witnessing you fight, I am tempted to see how great your full potential is.”

Tin Lok arrogantly smirked at the man who was foolishly challenging him, “You are no match for me. Train for another twenty years and then seek me.”

The usually calm and collected gentleman did not allow the insult to affect him, “Brother Chor, you have really underestimated my true skills.”

“I have already seen you fight and have judged for myself where your level is at.”

“If you refuse to accept my challenge, then please pardon me for this.” Wu Yin Cho levitated off the ground and spiraled toward Tin Lok with his sword aiming towards Tin Lok’s heart.

Tin Lok warded off the attack and Yin Cho somersaulted back and landed perfectly. He looked at Tin Lok and smiled before launching a set of continuous strikes, each time aiming for Tin Lok’s heart. Tin Lok realized that he had completely miscalculated Yin Cho’s martial arts skills and wondered why he finally chose to reveal his skills at this moment. Yin Cho’s sword swiveled and he used his strength to push forward, causing Tin Lok to defend himself against the fatal strikes while sliding back to protect himself. He kept on moving back until he hit a tree and flew up when he saw Yin Cho thrust his sword. Fortunately, it missed him and got caught in the tree. Tin Lok somersaulted over Yin Cho and his eyes widened. Not because he was afraid of Yin Cho’s skills. But he was shock that Yin Cho’s goal was to kill him.

Yin Cho freed his sword from the tree and read Tin Lok’s mind, “You are probably wondering what my motive is. All will be revealed once I kill you.”

Yin Cho spun around and glided towards Tin Lok. His movements were quick and graceful, and any ordinary swordsman would die before he saw the attack coming. But Tin Lok was not any ordinary swordsman. He knew what his level of accomplishment was, and his arrogance stemmed from the fact that he was one of the greatest swordsmen alive, especially at such a young age. Rather than dodging the attack, Tin Lok fought back with a simple maneuver which caught Yin Cho off guard and forced him to retreat his sword. Tin Lok saw that he had the advantage and aggressively advanced his sword forward and aimed for Yin Cho’s right hand, the hand holding the sword. The sword was knocked out of his hand. Tin Lok swiftly kicked the sword away from Yin Cho’s reach while pointing his sword at Yin Cho.

He had questions which only Yin Cho could answer. “Why is your kung fu similar to the Alpha Phoenix Society’s?” By now he had already solved his earlier question. He finally discovered that Yin Cho hid his true skills because he did not wish for any one to recognize his kung fu resembled the Alpha Phoenix Society and the intruders who attacked Four Seasons of Rebirth.

Yin Cho stepped back as he tried to formulate an escape plan. He would never disclose his background, even at the cost of death; however, he did not wish to die. Tin Lok pointed the tip of his sword at him while closing the gap between the two men. All of Tin Lok’s senses were alert in case Yin Cho pulled a dirty trick. Suddenly, his ears perked up. There was another presence in the vicinity.

Tin Lok announced clearly, “Man Kung Yu, show yourself.”

The person attempted to attack Tin Lok from the back but he swung around in time to defend himself. He sneered when he saw Man Kung Yu’s face. She hesitated slightly, unsure whether to proceed for she knew her skills were much inferior to his. She could only ask, “How did you know it was me?”

Tin Lok answered, “You two are related. As his identity has been exposed, only you would be willing to show yourself.”

At this moment, Yin Cho quickly picked up his sword and tried to strike Tin Lok, but Tin Lok already guessed his step and attacked Yin Cho first. Kung Yu assisted her cousin and threw projectiles in Tin Lok’s direction. Tin Lok jumped away from them, and Yin Cho tossed a smoke bomb down while he grabbed Kung Yu’s hand and escaped.

The pair ran until they felt confident that they lost Tin Lok. Kung Yu abruptly released her hand from Yin Cho and kept quiet. She could not look at him because she was upset at him; even he knew she was angry. He was already used to her tantrums since young, so he decided to ignore her and walked away.

She looked at his back and ordered, “Stop!” He paused. She ran up to him and faced him, “How can you be so careless?” She wanted to make eye contact with him but he always looked away. “Don’t think that I can’t recognize your feelings for Leung Siu Suet. You unwittingly exposed your identity because you were jealous of Tin Lok; you were afraid that she would pick him over you. Hence you wanted to eliminate him before Leung Siu Suet can get to know him, huh? What happened to you, before you met her you were never so careless?”

Yin Cho glared at Kung Yu. She almost felt threatened by the menacing look in his eyes but she persisted, “Remember our goal is to eradicate Four Seasons of Rebirth. I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourself. You better kill Leung Siu Suet by the end of the week or else I will report this to your mom.”

He slapped her and warned her, “Don’t you ever use my mom to threaten me again.”

She raised her hand to cover the cheek that was slapped. Her eyes became teary and she became hysterical, “You dare to slap me? You’ve never hurt me before, and because of an enemy, you’d hurt me? Wu Yin Cho, I hate you!”

She ran away from him. He looked down at his palm and back up until he saw her figure disappear. He looked back toward the direction for the Four Seasons of Rebirth manor. With one final glance in that direction, he went home to his sect.

After a narrow escape, Leung Siu Suet ran deep in to the forest until she stopped in front of a well hidden cave. She quickly glanced around to make sure no one else was there before she touched the side of the cave to open the gate. It closed as quickly as it opened, giving no one else but Leung the opportunity to enter. She walked deep into the cave and saw the back of an old woman.

The old woman kow-towed to the numerous tablets set high on the shelf. She commanded, “Siu Suet, come and greet your parents properly.”

Siu Suet took off her mask and respectfully greeted the woman, “Nanny Kung.” Siu Suet walked over and took a cup of wine and poured it in front of the tablets as she said, “Father, Mother, Aunts and Uncles, I hope your souls rest in peace.”

Kung Kit Ying sighed and asked, “How can you say such a foolish thing?” Then she raised her voice in anguish as she remembered, “Seventy lives were slaughtered in one day including your parents’. How do you expect their souls to rest in peace until we seek vengeance?” She looked at Siu Suet, “Have you found any information about the murderers?”

Siu Suet looked over at her nanny in silence before shamefully disclosing, “I have not found any information since I saw you last year.”

Ever since Siu Suet joined Four Seasons of Rebirth at seven years old, she only saw her nanny once a year in the cave. As Kung Kit Ying could not be around to remind Siu Suet of her duty, she made Siu Suet promise to wear white, the color of mourning, every day until she found and killed the murderers.

Kit Ying slammed her hand against the table. “I cannot believe that it has been over ten years and we still have nothing to guide us.” Looking at the tablets, Kung pleaded, “Master and Mistress, please help Siu Suet find your murderers so that you can finally rest in your graves.”

“Father, Mother, I am close to mastering Four Seasons of Rebirth’s Earth-shattering Dragon Palms. It is only a matter of time before I discover the murderers and vengeance will be ours.”

Kit Ying proudly nodded her head and helped Siu Suet get off her knees, “Siu Suet, is that true? You have finally learned the forbidden manual of Four Seasons of Rebirth? I thought only the matron can learn it.”

“Four Seasons of Rebirth has been attacked a couple of times this year and had many other distractions which allowed me to get into the matron’s practicing chamber to learn the kung fu unnoticed.”

Kit Ying asked worriedly, “Has anyone suspected you?”

Siu Suet nodded, “Senior apprentice sister Wong caught me sneaking into the chamber, but she has kept silent about this. If I am correct, she knows that no one will believe her as she has no evidence against me. Besides for my ambivalence towards everything, I have kept a very low profile at the sect.”

Her nanny challenged her, “And if Miss Wong decides to expose you?”

“Then I will kill her.”

“Good. You have not disappointed me!” Kung Kit Ying sat on the table and sadly stated, “You are twenty two years old this year. If life were perfect, you would be happily married. It hurts me so much to think that you may never be able to live a normal life.”

Placing her hand on her nanny’s shoulder, Siu Suet sat down and exclaimed, “I do not dare to hope to have a normal life.” She hesitated before continuing, “Earth-shattering Dragon Palms can only be mastered by those who do not have romantic feelings. The reason the current matron has failed to surpass the first level is because she is still yearning for her fiancé. Where as I am fortunate enough to be indifferent towards everyone. I do not care for love.” Patting her nanny’s hand, she said delicately, “You have sacrificed so much for me just so that I can seek vengeance for seventy lives, this is the least I can do to repay you.”

Hours later, a slight disturbance in the wind startled Tin Lok and woke him up. He had been waiting for her and she had finally returned. He wondered what she did these past few hours. He saw her figure somersaulting through the air and chased after her. She kept on getting away and he ultimately had to immobilize her pressure point.

“Miss Leung, there is an urgent matter that I must discuss with you. I believe Man Kung Yu and Wu Cho Yin are partially behind the previous ambush.” He then released her pressure point.

Leung Siu Suet suspiciously looked at him. He glared at her and proceeded, “I am probably one of the few people who do not suspect that you’re behind the ambush or else I wouldn’t wait here to tell you what I know.” He chose not to expose the entire truth. Wong Bic Wun and his brother requested that he followed Siu Suet and report all unusual acts to them as his inner energy was greater than theirs and possibly greater than Siu Suet’s. He readily complied, for he already planned to shadow her until he found the perfect chance to spar against her. However, he never told them about the times he encountered her sneaking out of the manor. His instincts told him that Siu Suet was not the mastermind behind all of the recent events, regardless of her indifference towards the situation.

She proudly stated, “I don’t need your trust,” and walked away from him.
    Last edited by patricia n; 11-19-04 at 02:09 AM.

Default DOFS part 7c

sorry about the delay. i'm a big time procastinator.

Chor Tin Lok – Louis Koo
    Kung Kit Ying – Yammie Lam
    Lam Fung – Raymond Lam
    Ng Cheuk Hei – Ron Ng
    Ng Suen – Michelle Yip
    Tong Ling – Leila Tong
    Wu Yin Cho – Daniel Wu

Several weeks passed, and though every one knew that Man Kung Yu and Wu Yin Cho left Four Seasons of Rebirth, no one could guess their true identities. The four division leaders sat around the table in the matron’s room trying to solve another mystery without any clues to guide them.

Leung Siu Suet stared at the flickering candlelight, lost in thought. Only Koo Tin Lok witnessed the event; could she trust him? What really happened that night when Yin Cho and Kung Yu left? What reason would he have to lie to her? Should she cooperate with him?

The matron observed Siu Suet and asked, “Junior apprentice sister Leung, do you have more thoughts on this matter?”

Siu Suet merely answered, “No.”

Bic Wun smirked as she cleverly asked, “Do you really have no theory or are you just holding back?” Although the two infiltrators have been revealed, Bic Wun continued to regard Siu Suet with much suspicion, especially since the infiltrators came from the Winter Division. Furthermore, Bic Wun had not yet forgiven Siu Suet for trying to sneak into the matron’s practicing chamber. She slowly added to emphasize her point, “Don’t forget, we are apprentice sisters after all. Shouldn’t we be able to trust each other?”

Yeung Lan Fa looked at Siu Suet and quietly pleaded, “Senior apprentice sister Leung, please share your thoughts. I am afraid that Sister Ng’s death may be related to the terrible events happening to Four Seasons of Rebirth.”

Empathizing with Lan Fa’s loss, Siu Suet momentarily softened as she answered indifferently, “I can only state the obvious. I sense that there are more infiltrators within the sect, but I do not know who.”

Lai Chau Fung nodded in agreement. “Perhaps Yin Cho and Kung Yu were sacrificed in hopes that we would believe that there are no other infiltrators.”

Suddenly, Siu Suet grabbed her sword and somersaulted over the table to push the door open. She relentlessly grabbed onto an intruder and pushed the person in and closed the door and demanded, “Why are you here?”

Chau Fung quickly released Siu Suet’s hold of the intruder when she recognized Chung Ling. Chau Fung explained “Junior apprentice sister Chan comes by every evening to give me soup. Recently, I haven’t been sleeping well and her warm soup helps me relax and fall asleep more easily.”

Chung Ling held onto Chau Fung’s hands and anxiously said, “Matron-first senior apprentice sister, as I came by to give you your soup, I saw a masked person eavesdropping. By the time I approached him to attack, I got pulled in by her.” Chung Ling eyed Siu Suet and quickly cowered when she saw Siu Suet stare at her.

Lan Fa asked permission to be dismissed as she had an early morning the next day. She explained, “Brother Lam, Brother Wong, and I plan to visit the temple to pray for Sister Ng’s soul.”

The next morning, Lan Fa properly dressed in her mourning attire and patiently waited for the two Alpha Phoenix disciples. She could not help smiling when she saw Lam Fung running towards her, and she asked, “Where is Brother Wong?”

Lam Fung feigned hurt, “You see me but ask about Brother Wong? Is he the one who has captured your heart?” Lan Fa coyly tilted her head and quietly walked away. Fung pulled her back and answered, “Brother Wong said he’ll meet us at the temple. He wanted to give us some time alone.” Lam Fung then grabbed her hand and said, “He knew that I wanted to spend some time with you especially now that I know you feel the same way about me.”

Lan Fa happily smiled. She then remembered, “But we still have to part ways to buy food and wine for Sister Ng.”

Lam Fung smiled sheepishly, “I didn’t think about that because I was too excited to see you.”

His honesty made her care for him even more except she didn’t know how much of herself to reveal and what to say except for, “Thank you, Brother Lam.”

After spending so much time with her at Alpha Phoenix Society and growing closer to her at Four Seasons of Rebirth, Lam Fung understood that she wanted to say more than that but was too timid and reserved. However, he saw the love in her eyes and couldn’t resist giving her a peck on her cheek before he took off. As he sprinted away, he said out loud, “I’ll buy the wine. I’ll see you at the temple.” He turned his head around and said very clearly and loudly for the very first time in his life, “I love you.”

He did not care what those around him thought about his public display of affection. He knew he could be too spontaneous at times, but this was the one time he was grateful for that. He smiled as he recalled the shocked expression on her face and how she easily and quickly blushed after he kissed her.

Lan Fa soon arrived at the foot of the hill where the temple was. She looked up the long flight of stairs ahead of her in the serene area. The area was so peaceful and calm; she understood perfectly well why that place was chosen as the location of the temple. Never in her life did she expect her life to change so drastically in this place.

Soon numerous masked assassins ambushed her. She did not wish to kill anyone near the temple but was left with no choice as she witnessed the brutality of their attacks. She had to withdraw her Spring Dragon Sword and fought with all her strength. The assassins formed a circle around her and attacked from all directions. She was able to defend herself for a while before she felt herself weaken and losing lots of blood. They all shot projectiles in her direction and one hit her near her heart. It only took one projectile to weaken her seriously. She closed her eyes and images of her life flashed before her. She also saw images of her daydreams of her and Lam Fung as a happily married couple before she collapsed.

Wong Jung Chak heard fighting noises and quickly descended the stairs to get down to the foot of the hill. Earlier, he had forgotten to mention to Lam Fung that he had already purchased the wine. He was waiting for his friends at the temple but did not expect them to arrive so late. When he heard the noises, he began to panic for he knew something was amiss. His instinct forced him to run down, and what he observed scared him.

He saw Lan Fa seriously injured. He somersaulted down quickly to help her but she had passed out by the time he arrived. However, he interfered in time or else the assassins would have stabbed her. Though they were exhausted from the fight against Lan Fa, there were too many of them for Jung Chak to handle on his own, especially since they were using projectiles.

Fortunately, Fung also arrived in time to help Jung Chak. The combination of their skills easily defeated the assassins and the rest ran away. Fung saw Lan Fa and quickly ran to her aid, letting go of his defense entirely. One of the assassins threw a projectile at Fung, but Jung Chak quickly blocked it for him while another assassin jumped back in and stabbed Jung Chak while he was distracted. Fung turned around immediately and killed both of the assassins.

Fung raced to Jung Chak and helped him up, but Jung Chak refused. He pushed away Fung’s arm and said, “The weapons have all been poisoned, and there is only enough time for you to bring one of us to the temple. I want you to bring Lan Fa.”

Fung hesitated.

Jung Chak continued, “I know this is difficult for you. One is your love and one is your apprentice brother. But you need to bring Lan Fa to the temple. I…”

Fung revealed, “I already know that you love Lan Fa. And I am sorry for being completely selfish this entire time. I…”

Jung Chak interrupted, “I was never mad at you. Besides, she chose you. But I want you to bring her because I will never forgive you if you save me.”

Fung nodded his head and whispered, “I will pay you ten folds in my next life.”

Jung Chak smiled and coughed out dark blood, “Just go. Now.”

It was the hardest thing Fung ever had to do. But he couldn’t lose Lan Fa. He also knew that he could never forgive himself for not choosing Jung Chak. He hated himself and wished that he was the one dying instead. He carried Lan Fa up the temple and each step he took away from Jung Chak was more painful than the previous step. He knew that he was a changed man.

Hey I really like your story. Keep up the good work. Please put more Carmen and Louis.

ahh u havent updated for 2 years but i hope you will update again soon =[ its verryyyy goooodd! cant wait to see what happens next xD its all so unexpectedd

Quote Originally Posted by babiadorkable
    ahh u havent updated for 2 years but i hope you will update again soon =[ its verryyyy goooodd! cant wait to see what happens next xD its all so unexpectedd
    shes in the wuxia rpg

Really interesting story here, I like the character Lueng Sui Suet for she's cold towards others and has her own agenda. It even seems that her skills are superior to the Leading Matron.

Update soon!

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    shes in the wuxia rpg
    the wuxia rpg? wats dat

wow....people are still reading this? sorry...i haven't updated because each chapter takes me 3 hours to write...and i've lost my master outline while moving several times. however, i have a backup outline somewhere and will update again once i'm done with the rpg fic (it's the wuxia role playing game fiction sort of like a round robin except each author/player has a character who he/she created and determines major decisions for that character...if that makes any sense).

yes, i like leung siu suet too..she definitely has her own agenda and is clearly the most powerful fighter in the sect. and since leung siu bing/noel/vivian leung is my favorite actress...she's the main female lead. the other mistresses all have a good hefty role too!

but i promise to update as this is my favorite fanfic (it's also the most complex in terms of style and i don't think i can write like that anymore)...i promise.