17 34.69%
  • Sweeper wins

28 57.14%
  • Both Die

4 8.16%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sweeper vs. Dugu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    DFBB should have just used his finger nails, with 9YBGZ.

If we use torque to compare his internal energy:
    A sword is 10-20times longer than a needle
    DFBB is 10-20 times the internal energy than the likes of XWT, RWX!!

I have this theory that XWT has the strongest legs in Jin Yong (relative to rest of body), able to stamp foot prints and kick a horse (1000 catties) down the ravine.

If LHC is the best at fighting sitting down, than XWT is the best at fighting without arms.
    OMG "torque!". This is getting too complex, I hate physics.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    I have this theory that XWT has the strongest legs in Jin Yong (relative to rest of body), able to stamp foot prints and kick a horse (1000 catties) down the ravine.
    A normal horse shouldn't weigh a thousand catties though.
    Last edited by superboy; 08-24-05 at 07:15 AM.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

lol sorry, torque is related to force, which may not be proportional to internal energy

an average horse is 450kg, so 900 catties

heavier if it is a prime riding horse
    lighter since had legs cut off

Has the 'fight' between MRB and XYS with Sweeper monk been translated yet? If yes, can anyone give me the link to it? I really want to see how great he is.

Btw, why did DFBB use sewing needles as his weapon? Is there any advantage to it compared to using a longer weapon (e.ge sword or dagger or even knitting needles )?

From the description of the fight, the short needles only seem to give him a disadvantage. Many a time his missed the vital points of his opponent only a little. If he has used a larger weapon, those little deviations wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    From the description of the fight, the short needles only seem to give him a disadvantage. Many a time his missed the vital points of his opponent only a little. If he has used a larger weapon, those little deviations wouldn't matter.
    Not quite, using the needle certainly give DFBB an advantage of speed, because of its lightness and size, as supposed to the heavier swords or even daggers, the sunflower script's (just like BXJF) main showcase is the its tremendous speed, and I think using the needles will only enhance this trademark. Additionally, the practitioner can focus his/her internal energy on a small, very concentrated object, making it highly lethal when hitting the exact pressure points. Lastly, because needles are so small, it is almost as if it's concealed and you can't really see where DFBB is poking you at.
    Last edited by Temujin; 09-02-05 at 12:44 PM.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Has the 'fight' between MRB and XYS with Sweeper monk been translated yet? If yes, can anyone give me the link to it? I really want to see how great he is.

Btw, why did DFBB use sewing needles as his weapon? Is there any advantage to it compared to using a longer weapon (e.ge sword or dagger or even knitting needles )?

Not translated. Just imagine a fighter powerful enough to use 1 tap to kill MRB while MRB was prepared for the strike and had taken his best defensive posture.

DFBB _was_ disadvantaged due to his needle. IMHO, if his needle was longer or if he had picked up a sword, LHC, RWX and XWT would be all dead in 10 strokes or less. He used the needle because he was busy embroidering when they barged into his room. Guess he didnt have a weapon around because he didnt need one.

If those needles were poisoned, DFBB would've won. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Just imagine a fighter powerful enough to use 1 tap to kill MRB while MRB was prepared for the strike and had taken his best defensive posture.
    Additionally, he deliberately let XF hit him(which is definitely not a sign that the SM is still vulnerable as i've seen some1 has said) but doesn't suffer any internal injury, but only got a few broken ribs, and what is amazing is right after he got hit, he picks up two heavy bodies and runs at a pace that even XF himself cannot catch up with. Now i doubt that we can find some1 in the whole JY's universe being able to do such a feature, in HSDS when Z3F ( who is supposed to be the best martial artist in JY's world according to JY's words himself)got hit by Ah 3's martial brother, he said he had an internal injury and it would take him about 1 month be4 he recovers his martial arts. Now if we are crazy enough to consider that the blow that hit Z3F was as powerful as XF's dragon palm, can u guys realize how incredible the SM is?
    Last edited by Evil East; 09-06-05 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East
    Additionally, he deliberately let XF hit him(which is definitely not a sign that the SM is still vulnerable as i've seen some1 has said) but doesn't suffer any internal injury, but only got a few broken limps, and what is amazing is right after he got hit, he picks up two heavy bodies and runs at a pace that even XF himself cannot catch up with. Now i doubt that we can find some1 in the whole JY's universe being able to do such a feature, in HSDS when Z3F ( who is supposed to be the best martial artist in JY's world according to JY's words himself)got hit by Ah 3's martial brother, he said he had an internal injury and it would take him about 1 month be4 he recovers his martial arts. Now if we are crazy enough to consider that the blow that hit Z3F was as powerful as XF's dragon palm, can u guys realize how incredible the SM is?
    I think it was said that I'll take "3" months for Z3F to recover. Proves that SM is indeed incredible.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

in HSDS when Z3F ( who is supposed to be the best martial artist in JY's world according to JY's words himself)got hit by Ah 3's martial brother, he said he had an internal injury and it would take him about 1 month be4 he recovers his martial arts. Now if we are crazy enough to consider that the blow that hit Z3F was as powerful as XF's dragon palm, can u guys realize how incredible the SM is?
    I think SM was prepared, in one form or another. ZSF was caught by a surprise and cowardly attack.

in HSDS when Z3F ( who is supposed to be the best martial artist in JY's world according to JY's words himself) got hit by Ah 3's martial brother, he said he had an internal injury and it would take him about 1 month be4 he recovers his martial arts. Now if we are crazy enough to consider that the blow that hit Z3F was as powerful as XF's dragon palm, can u guys realize how incredible the SM is?

That's fully recover, not recover his martial arts. Immediately after that happened, he "tapped" the guy on the head, crushing it and killing him instantly.

Besides, Z3F is the best martial artist but not the most powerful fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    That's fully recover, not recover his martial arts. Immediately after that happened, he "tapped" the guy on the head, crushing it and killing him instantly.
    well when i said to recover one's martial arts, i mean to recover the full use of one's inner energy, of course he didn't lose his martial arts, it is just that the internal injury he had, prevents him from using his inner energy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Besides, Z3F is the best martial artist but not the most powerful fighter.
    Do u mean that Z3F is not powerful as a fighter? u seem to forget that Z3F's fight against HZD when he was only about 16 years old at the shaolin temple;at that time he didn't even have any appropriate matial arts lessons, and he managed to exchange and survive ten moves with HZD, which is already something incredible in my opinion because with the last moves, HZD definitely wanted to kill Z3F and if we take into account the big difference between HZD and Z3F at that time, it would be easy for HZD to kill Z3F with only one move, but the fact remains that Z3F managed to survive.This shows that in terms of fighting abiblity, Z3F is at least at the same rank as XF for me, i doubt XF would do better if we put him in the same circumstance, and if we put GJ or YG in the same circumstance, they got their butts kicked for sure.

Do u mean that Z3F is not powerful as a fighter?
    No, he's saying there are more powerful fighters in Jin Yong's canon than Cheung 3 Fung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    No, he's saying there are more powerful fighters in Jin Yong's canon than Cheung 3 Fung.
    well i know he is saying that Z3F is not the most powerful fighter,i think a lot of people seem to think that Z3F is not good as a fighter but in my opinion Z3F is one of the most powerful fighter(if not the most powerful, of course if we don't take into account the SM into this) in JY's canon, of course we don't see him fighting again in the novel but from what he displayed at the time when he didn't have any appropriate martial arts lessons, one can imagine how formidable he would be later on.

in my opinion Z3F is one of the most powerful fighter.
    I don't think anybody would dispute this. Nobody who knows anything about Jin Yong would characterize Cheung 3 Fung as weak.

I don't understand you. Did I confuse you by pointing out a great feat of Z3F and then mentioning that he isn't the uberest in JY's canon

In any case, I'm not so polarized that I can't see things anymore

Z3F was still able to unleash a ton of power after being completely suckered into a deadly blow into a vulnerable region. He might not be able to use his full power immediately afterwards but he wasn't even close to being crippled at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I don't think anybody would dispute this. Nobody who knows anything about Jin Yong would characterize Cheung 3 Fung as weak.
    well my point was to make it clear that Z3F shouldn't be associated with ZWJ who is a crappy fighter, but a good martial artist.
    now i come to think that JY might have forgotten about the SM when he did that interview.

I believe that LHC can beat DFBB, but that is once he has masted DG9J, once someone masters DG9J, they are near invincible, and combined with the heavy iron sword, DGQB is probably on par with SM. interesting thought, combining both DGQB's sword techniques into one, that would be powerful.

DG9J and Heavy Iron Sword don't go together. Period.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Why can't DG9J and Heavy Iron sword go together? DG9J has no strokes and stances in the first place and don't they say All things in the world can be used as a sword(tian xia wan wu jun ke wei jian)?