17 34.69%
  • Sweeper wins

28 57.14%
  • Both Die

4 8.16%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sweeper vs. Dugu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom
    I believe that LHC can beat DFBB, but that is once he has masted DG9J, once someone masters DG9J, they are near invincible, and combined with the heavy iron sword, DGQB is probably on par with SM. interesting thought, combining both DGQB's sword techniques into one, that would be powerful.
    Technically you can't 'master' DG9J. You can only leave it behind and form your own style.

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    Why can't DG9J and Heavy Iron sword go together? DG9J has no strokes and stances in the first place and don't they say All things in the world can be used as a sword(tian xia wan wu jun ke wei jian)?
    You got a few things mixed up there.

DG9J's goal is to have no stance. DG9J itself has plenty of stances, divided into 9 categories (LHC mastered 8 of them, except the Qi-breaking one). DG9J stances are very complex and advanced. It heavily relies on techniques and requires little to no inner power. Heavy Iron Sword stances are straightforward but powerful, and is entirely dependent on one's inner power. However, both are inferior to the "Anything could be a sword" stage and "No sword overcoming sword" stage of DGQB's sword arts.

It's commonly believed that DG9J was created by DGQB in his youth and later he moved on to the Heavy Iron Sword stage, which suggests that Heavy Iron Sword is better than DG9J. However, a frequent poster here, Laviathan, has suggested something else, which I agree with. DG9J and Heavy Iron Sword are two different ways which DGQB moved from having forms to being formless, from being limited by a physical sword to using anything, even nothing as a sword. Given the details that DG9J went into, with the goal to train a swordsman to be formless and one with the sword, it's only logical that it was developed later in DGQB's life, when he had already reached formlessness.

The way I see it, is that DG9J and Heavy Iron Sword both achieve the same goal, but they are so different in nature that they cannot be merged into one, unless it is a formless master like DGQB, in which case it is useless to express his sword arts through these inferior techniques anyway. IMO DG9J is the better way, since it's much harder to accumulate high enough inner power for the Heavy Iron Sword techniques.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I'd rather know Tan Zhi Shen Tong.

Default DGQB vs Sweeper

In lieu of the wierd obession on this forum with polls and hypothetical battles. Lets try out Du Gu qiu Bai vs Sweeper.

sweeper monk for sure, and wanst there a topic exactly the same as this?

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

DGQB wins....of course
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Hard to trully measure. BUT, I think Mr. Sweeper Monk would win. You want some reason? ok
    DGQB should have a higher level of martial art than the Post 16 Years ROCH greats and the DGSD 4 Elite due to the fact that he has reached supreme formlesssness in the style area. In the internal area, DGQB should also be stronger because YG got to level 2.5 which is between Heavy Iron and Wooden level. YG could use Wooden to a certain extent, but not fully which DGQB could. Differences in sword level requires internal training. For YG to be able to fully use wooden sword, he has to have hgiher level of internal. Therefore, this suggests that DGQB is better internally because he could fully use wooden sword. However, DY should be at an even higher where no sword surpasses sword using sword chi. Even though DGQB could have reached this level, but we don't know for sure. But either way, Sweeper is better than DY. So? Sweeper better than DGQB.

nah JY said once in an interview that Z3F is the best martial artist in his universe.
    hmm, any bases for that statement? would def like to know...
    Still searching for my GuGu

Not sure, but JY did say that in an interview before.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I would say DGQB would win. Based on what JY says, of course/(Everything is said by JY )

About the Z3F being the strongest, I believe it is possible. Though maybe Old Sweeper might be able to take him on.

Default Dugu Qui Bai Vs Sweeper Monk

Dugu Qui Bai Vs Sweeper Monk
    I know most people here would bet sweeper monk wins. Sweeper Monk is indeed a great fighter, but I think Dugu Qiu Bai is better between the two.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 03-03-10 at 09:48 PM.

What's the evidence behind this? Other than you think.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

There's really no way to do this. We know absolutely nothing about DGQB. Not referring to his/her martial arts legacy, but the person himself/herself.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

DGKB could teach an eagle to fight evenly with a great. that's supernatural power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    DGKB could teach an eagle to fight evenly with a great. that's supernatural power.
    How far from the truth is that? The condor matched one stance of ZBT in terms of power. In normal circumstances, it was said that the condor couldn't even withstand a few stances from the then Greats level Yang Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    What's the evidence behind this? Other than you think.
    He had way way more experience in the battle than SM. He was undefeated during his life time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He had way way more experience in the battle than SM. He was undefeated during his life time.
    Shakey ground. First you have to show Dugu had many fights and SM had less fights. That point is impossible alone. Second you have to know the calibre of those fights (an old argument). Otherwise it can be said that even more fights doesn't translate to a better fighter if his/her level simply isn't high enough. He Taichong may have 10 times more experience than Zhang Wuji but still has no chance in beating him. YX/Yin Tianzheng may have more fighting experience than Du Monks but will still get beaten.

It seems the problem with this question is the fact that we don't have data about dgqb. Okay then, make it this way. dgqb is a sword master with internal energy surpassing YG and swordskill surpassing LHC. which meens he is stronger then YG. faster then LHC probably at DFBB level and his timing and sword potitioning better then FCJ. completed master DG9J with internal energy backing too. who will then?

Internal higher by how much? Techniques better by how much? It's just as impossible.

let's put it this way:

internal energy level: equal to DY
    speed level: comparable to DFBB
    sword skill: Flawless mastery of DG9J breaks all weapons, missiles and chi
    fighting exp. and warrior instinct: let's say equal to eastern heretic

How about that?