17 34.69%
  • Sweeper wins

28 57.14%
  • Both Die

4 8.16%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweeper vs. Dugu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    How could you not buy the last level of DGQB's sword art? YG demonstrated it when he succeed in using the wooden sword as a real sword.
    He succeeded? When?

He used it once. He chopped his wooden sword against a tree and both the tree and his sword broke. Paraphrasing the immortal Bruce Lee: Trees don't fight back. It was when YG realised that (if Dugu's words were true) Dugu Qiubai had reached an unfathomable level.

When he indeed got someone who could fight back (Jinlun Guoshi), he had to use a real sword and his sword broke again. How did he win? By using his palm techniques.

An ultimate swordsman that kept breaking his sword while fighting inanimated objects and powerful enemies? Please.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

6 Mak Divine Swords isn't much of a sword, more like 6 Mak Divine fingers = 6 X 1YZ.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it doesn't matter if someone name it a chicken, it's still a duck.
    True, however the chi of 6msj is much more concentrated and can be used with strokes to slash ur opponents. So it does sort of have qualities of a sword.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quote Originally Posted by superboy
    True, however the chi of 6msj is much more concentrated and can be used with strokes to slash ur opponents. So it does sort of have qualities of a sword.
    In fact, I think that's why it was named 6 Mak Divine Swords...because that energy wasn't fired in random bursts, but directed in specific strokes that were *sword* strokes. It was truly using qi energy as a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    In fact, I think that's why it was named 6 Mak Divine Swords...because that energy wasn't fired in random bursts, but directed in specific strokes that were *sword* strokes. It was truly using qi energy as a sword.

Sword wouldn't be the proper name, they should call it lasers. Lasers can also cut like a sword. But then again, I dont think at that time they had knowledge of lasers. So I can see why the misconception of calling it "swords".

Sword wouldn't be the proper name, they should call it lasers. Lasers can also cut like a sword. But then again, I dont think at that time they had knowledge of lasers. So I can see why the misconception of calling it "swords".
    If Guy A can do with an energy force within him what Guy B needs a physical object to do (be it metal, wood, or rubber), I'd say Guy A has the upper hand.

If Guy A can do with an energy force within him what Guy B needs a physical object to do (be it metal, wood, or rubber), I'd say Guy A has the upper hand.
    Certainly Guy A has a upperhand at first but if the battle goes on and both fighters faught to the stage of total depletion of their inner power, the Guy with the metal, wood, or rubber would now have the upper hand.

Certainly Guy A has a upperhand at first but if the battle goes on and both fighters faught to the stage of total depletion of their inner power, the Guy with the metal, wood, or rubber would now have the upper hand.
    It'd never come down to that. Guy B would be long dead before it ever came down to that.

\the Guy with the metal, wood, or rubber would now have the upper hand.
    Upper hand raised manually from his dead body?

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

And if you don't believe it, watch RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.
    That's one movie I don't get. God killed the poor Germans because they dared to look at the secret babe he hid in his ark. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    That's one movie I don't get. God killed the poor Germans because they dared to look at the secret babe he hid in his ark. WTF?
    Yeah, it didn't fly, but who cared? It was just cool watching Indy gun down the turbanned swordmaster.

Yeah, it didn't fly, but who cared? It was just cool watching Indy gun down the turbanned swordmaster.
    Of course. That was the...how should we call this...1 Mak Divine Semi-Invisible Iron Sword? I suck at naming techniques.

It'd never come down to that. Guy B would long dead before it ever came down to that.
    Guy A doesn't necessary would win the battle. It just means Guy B would be a little more on the defensive side. Guy A requires more inner power consumption base on his style of finding with formless weapon. Therefore, a lightly scenerio now would be Guy A would deplete his energy first before Guy B and Guy B would finish him off.

Guy A doesn't necessary would win the battle.
    Watch RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

And if you don't believe it, watch RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

Btw, this example doesn't match your scenerio. You said, Guy A can do what Guy B needs an object to do. Therefore you assume both are doing the same thing but one is formless while the other reguire a foreign object to achieve the same feat. Raiders of the lost ark, it's gun vs sword. In your scenerio I interpret it as either sword vs sword or laser vs laser. Or more precisely lasers vs guns.

Btw, this example doesn't match your scenerio. You said, Guy A can do what Guy B needs an object to do. Therefore you assume both are doing the same thing but one is formless while the other reguire a foreign object to achieve the same feat.
    Well, even better. Guy A has this formless thingy that can be both gun and sword. This is almost unfair to Guy B.

Heck, it's *totally* unfair to Guy B.

Now you're just applying chick's logic (or lack thereof) to this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Now you're just applying chick's logic (or lack thereof) to this debate.
    Username....

Well, even better. Guy A has this formless thingy that can be both gun and sword. This is almost unfair to Guy B.

Heck, it's *totally* unfair to Guy B.
    Not so, then again Guy B would have something equal to it, which means he now has a gun with a sword tip on it.

Username....
    Not you. You posted about 1/10 of a second before I did.