Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 261 to 270 of 270

Thread: Endless Love

  1. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    The main guy didn't get out of the way so driver must have thought 'hey I've done what I could, let me run over him.' And with that 20 mph speed, the impact was beyond my belief. The guy flew out into the sky and then fell in slow motion while reminiscing his precious time with his sister. (At this point, my laughter was getting out of control.) Sorry but this was just some really sorry excuse for a plot.
    about the Kdrama cliche... this was one of the earlier ones, or at least it was the earliest I saw so it wasn't cliche at the moment. it's only becoming cliche when the following dramas used the same elements over again.

    and about the death scene. i don't think the car was going 20 mph. it was done in slow motion for the zoned-out effect. he became very lost after she died and it's like half of his mind isn't there anymore. so the way i see it, he didn't even process either the fact that a car is coming at him or the consequences of it running him over. everything sorta became a blur.

    over all, it's a drag but i cried heaps in the beginning part. up to the part when they meet each other again as adults.

  2. #262
    Senior Member Grifis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Caladan
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    about the Kdrama cliche... this was one of the earlier ones, or at least it was the earliest I saw so it wasn't cliche at the moment. it's only becoming cliche when the following dramas used the same elements over again.
    Endless Love was made in 2000 I believe. I saw "True to Love" in 1998 with those same elements: cancer, bad/evil girl, love triangle, opposition between family. The thing was "True to Love" was actually done pretty well aside from the bad editing job.

    and about the death scene. i don't think the car was going 20 mph. it was done in slow motion for the zoned-out effect. he became very lost after she died and it's like half of his mind isn't there anymore. so the way i see it, he didn't even process either the fact that a car is coming at him or the consequences of it running him over. everything sorta became a blur.

    over all, it's a drag but i cried heaps in the beginning part. up to the part when they meet each other again as adults.
    No the truck wasn't going 20 mph, I think it was 10 mph or maybe 5 and for all seriousness, the driver had plenty of time to stop. (Now that I think about it, maybe the director didn't want to truck to travel so fast because it might accidentally hit the camera or him I mean.) You can go watch it again to see if it was done in slow motion 'cause I sure didn't see the slow motion. What I saw was the main guy looking at this truck slowly crawling toward him then "hit" (as implied). Then even with that slow speed he was thrown out onto the sky flying. (Dramatic music started playing in the background.) I could see that the dramatic fall was in slow motion. (Honestly that was a funny scene due to the ludicrous nature. I bursted out laughing.) It's amazing to me that a pretty good crowd could romanticize the scene so easily. (All the while what I saw was the absence of a shred of thought in the making.)

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    I felt this series was romantic, heartwrenching, somewhat substantial, and an above average Korean drama (I'm not a huge fan of Korean dramas though, and even if Endless Love is an "above average" Korean drama, I wouldn't call it one of my fave dramas of all time). However, I have some main complaints:

    1) They dragged out Enxi's (Song Hye Kyo's) death too much. I mean you can only watch so much mourning before you wish the series would end already.
    2) They used the nose bleed cliche. Gee, I got a nose bleed. I must have cancer. I just love Korean dramas. And it's not just Korean dramas. It was in the Tong Hua MV too.
    3) The major substance was in the beginning, and after they grew up the series started to drag. If they'd evened it out a little more, it would've been better.
    4) I wanted Song Hye Kyo to end up with Won Bin! Sorry, but I am not a fan at all of the relationship between Song Hye Kyo and Song Seung Hun at all.
    - For starters, they don't have much chemistry, whereas SHK and WB definitely have good chemistry.
    - Secondly, could you imagine thinking of someone as your brother for what...14 years, and then suddenly you're like, "Oh, I love him." I mean, SHK was calling SSH's character "ge" for the whole series. They were much to brotherly-sisterly to have a romantic relationship.
    - Won Bin's love for Song Hye Kyo was so sweet and unconditional, yet all SHK ever gave him was, "sorry." He was so selfless about it, and the whole siblings-turned-lovers thing irked me so much that I supported WB/SHK even more.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

  4. #264
    Member Elfie88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50

    Default

    "Endless Love" is the first Korean drama I watched and I find it pretty depressing despite the fact some of the scenes are draggy.Nevertheless,it's thumbs-up for SHK's acting skills.She cries and sob really well and appears very real and moving.On the other hand,the girl who acted out "You Mei" really irritates me,I mean her crying and sobbings.It freaked me out rather than making me feel sorry for her.The soundtracks of the drama are .In my opinion,it fits perfectly into the scenes.

  5. #265
    Senior Member maki_hitsugaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ..deep south..
    Posts
    474

    Default

    aw... i really love this show... i got all teary when Song Hye Kyo died... its so romantic..
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfie88
    The soundtracks of the drama are .In my opinion,it fits perfectly into the scenes.
    definitely true..
    "Deep South.."
    "when you rush you miss the important things when you take your time you find new paths"
    "Beware the fury of a patient man."

  6. #266
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I felt this series was romantic, heartwrenching, somewhat substantial, and an above average Korean drama (I'm not a huge fan of Korean dramas though, and even if Endless Love is an "above average" Korean drama, I wouldn't call it one of my fave dramas of all time). However, I have some main complaints:

    1) They dragged out Enxi's (Song Hye Kyo's) death too much. I mean you can only watch so much mourning before you wish the series would end already.
    2) They used the nose bleed cliche. Gee, I got a nose bleed. I must have cancer. I just love Korean dramas. And it's not just Korean dramas. It was in the Tong Hua MV too.
    3) The major substance was in the beginning, and after they grew up the series started to drag. If they'd evened it out a little more, it would've been better.
    4) I wanted Song Hye Kyo to end up with Won Bin! Sorry, but I am not a fan at all of the relationship between Song Hye Kyo and Song Seung Hun at all.
    - For starters, they don't have much chemistry, whereas SHK and WB definitely have good chemistry.
    - Secondly, could you imagine thinking of someone as your brother for what...14 years, and then suddenly you're like, "Oh, I love him." I mean, SHK was calling SSH's character "ge" for the whole series. They were much to brotherly-sisterly to have a romantic relationship.
    - Won Bin's love for Song Hye Kyo was so sweet and unconditional, yet all SHK ever gave him was, "sorry." He was so selfless about it, and the whole siblings-turned-lovers thing irked me so much that I supported WB/SHK even more.
    I totally agree! I truly wanted her to end up with Won Bin's character. She could've brought so much things into his life and they'd have a beautiful marriage that is until she dies.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I think all of us were rooting for Won Bin but i actually thought SHG and SSH had a lot of chemistry. I felt their love and sympathized for them, although SSH wasn't the man I wanted her to be with.

    I pondered on the siblings-love issue too. If all of a sudden, they tell me my brother and I aren't related, I would still think of him as my brother and would be really grossed out to have any other feelings for him. But I talked to my cousin about it, and apparently they did a psychology study that showed it is even more likely for people to fall in love when they were originally siblings before due to the strong bonds they already had. >_<

    again, I like this drama up to the point they turn into adults. from then on, everyone apologizes too much... mian here mian there. the high point of the story for me was when she realizes her oppa is back and having a hard time with remembering the past.

  8. #268
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Sigh... Korean dramas are overrated... Halfway through the show I was already sick and tired of how the characters keeps on moaning the names of the male and female leads. @[email protected];
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  9. #269
    Junior Member Soraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I never cried so much watching a drama. I used up a box of tissues from just watching the first 4 episodes.

    I was really rooting for Won Bin and Song Hye-Kyo, they had amazing chemistry! And I liked their relationship (how they met, her being his personal maid, and such) better than SHK with Song Seung-Hun (they had some chemistry, but I couldn't get over the whole brother-sister thing, even if they weren't really siblings its still weird).
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #270
    Junior Member Soraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    Now that you mention it...I'm not sure what her actual "job" is? Was she the phone operator or a chambermaid...

    She was originally a telephone receptionist/operator but after Won Bin's character found out who she was/saw her for the first time, he "fell for her" and wanted to be closer to her so he had her "promoted" to personal maid, which I guess is a big step forward because the head/supervisor of the maids was making a big deal about it and she was saying that she thought that SHK was probably slept with Won Bin so that he would promote her (but who would sleep with someone just to become a maid???)
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Similar Threads

  1. Endless Love
    By vivi_g in forum Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-14-07, 10:47 PM
  2. Endless Lies, Eternal Love
    By aomlin in forum Fan Fictions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-07, 12:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-06, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •