View Poll Results: modern or ancient or..?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • modern!

18 18.37%
  • ancient!

80 81.63%
  • none!!..i HATE all series..period!!

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modern or Ancient Series?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    Ancients are only good when they have an engaging storyline. I don't like the ones that are just people sticking kung-fu in every single scene for stupid reasons.
    u shouldnn't say that!!!!! there loads of wuxia fans on spcnet!!!!!!! and wuxia usally have the best story

^ huh? wuxia isn't ancient? i mean, like there's diff. "types" of "ancient"? lols, i didnt kno that!! cuz i've been simply referring costumes as ancient series..
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

i like ancient more for some reason...probably because of the costumes...especially girls...they give a different beauty in those costumes. Nevertheless, it has to have an engaging storyline to back it up since looks can't carry the whole series for 20- 40 episodes.
    Last edited by slchan0; 04-14-06 at 01:28 AM.
    可惜不是你 陪我到最后

Quote Originally Posted by slchan0
    i like ancient more for some reason...probably because of the costumes...especially girls...they give a different beauty in those costumes. Nevertheless, it has to have an engaging storyline to back it up since looks can carry the whole series for 20- 40 episodes.
    Lol! I chose ancient for both girls AND guys. I agree with you on the beauty thing....most girls look better in ancient series..for the guys....you get to see them do more...in a modern series, you see a strong, hot guy raise a gun and shoot someone. All that muscle and all the does is pull a trigger. Even their fist fights are a little boring....(even though it's real life). That's why I love ancient. I haven't come across a modern series that I would love to watch over and over yet.

i like both but i don't know why, there is something about ancient series that makes me extra excited...it's like i am extra anticipating every episode...i guess it is because the genre is more adventurous that more unpredictable things can happen

Ancient series are the best!! some modern ones are good but most are pretty lame

Quote Originally Posted by yang_kang
    Ancient series are the best!! some modern ones are good but most are pretty lame
    Definitely ancient series. Especially ancient series of tvb during the 80s. Recent ancient series aren't as good. Lack of beautiful costumes and too much special effect. I prefer slow motion martial art with little special effect....
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

ancient without a doubt since i was a lil girl

i used to hate modern cause it was soo boring but nowadays i often find myself watching more moderns, usually not cause they're good, but cause its there to kill time with, but i'm still always a sucker for ancient serials....

i love the flying, powerful sword fights. magic, i can always imagine myself going back in time and being able to have those amazing power!!!! most serials have a lot of pretty costumes as well.