Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellesmere Choi/Choy

Smile Ellesmere Choi/Choy

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/ecphotoshop_2001/news/news0414s.jpg')

I remember there being a thread for Ellesmere before, but I think it was lost during the big crash a few months ago. I'm currently watching Take My Word For It and it's really a pleasure to see Julian and Ellesmere in the same series, especially since they have quite a few scenes together as they play brothers. Anyway, I really like Ellesmere. I wish he'd be given a starring role sometime, as he is a convincing actor and is better looking than a lot of the actors being given starring roles in TVB series these days.

Bio:

Chinese name: Cai Zi Jian ( 蔡子健 )
    English name: Ellesmere
    Nickname: Drumstick
    Birthdate: December 28, 1969
    Birthplace: Guang Dong Dong Guan
    Height: 5'11 and 1/2''
    Weight: 160 lbs.
    Blood type: O+
    Chinese zodiac: Rooster
    Astrological sign: Capricorn
    Family: Parents, 1 elder sister and 2 younger sisters
    Clothing size: L
    Shoe size: 8 and 1/2
    Education: University
    Religion: Christian
    Hobbies: Photography, listening to songs, and camping
    Languages: Cantonese, English, a little bit of Mandarin, Japanese, French, and Spanish...
    Likes to do when free: Find other things to do
    Likes to do at home: Sleep

Email address: [email protected]

Favorite...

Sport: Basketball, swimming, football
    Food: A lot, incuding broccoli and beef
    Drink: Lemon tea, Red wine
    Color: Black, Purple, Blue
    Season: Autumn
    Subject at school: Sports, math, Chinese,
    Actor/Actress: Chow Yun Fat, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro
    Singer: Chui Chu, Savage Garden, Geroge Lam
    Place: New Zealand
    Flowers: Sunflower, orchid
    Music: Jazz, Orchestra, Chinese music
    Movie: The Negotiator (Yeah! )
    TV drama: Police Cadet
    Clothing: Casual and comfortable
    Car: Jeep
    Holiday: Christmas
    Animals: Cat, dog
    Cartoon character: Doraemon

Series:

Detective Investigation Files III
    Untraceable Evidence II
    Game of Deceit
    The Kung Fu Master
    The Legendary Four Aces
    Colourful Life
    Seven Sisters
    Armed Reaction III
    The Awakening Story
    Police Station No. 7
    Burning Flame II
    Take My Word For It
    Witness to a Prosecution II
    Back to Square One
    Perish in the Name of Love
    The W Files
    Not Just a Pretty Face
    Triumph in the Skies
    Summer Heat
    Twin of Brothers
    Hidden Treasures
    Revolving Doors of Vengeance
    Ten Brothers

Pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/ecphotoshop_2001/news/news0437s.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/ecphotoshop_2001/news/news0434s.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/ellesmerechoy_2002/news/news0028s.jpg')

*Thanks and credit to Ellesmere Choy's Photoshop (and Ellesmere himself) for the above info and images with a little editing here and there by yours truly. *

Dramawiki article: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ellesmere_Choi
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-12-07 at 05:44 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i first saw him in untraceable evidence 2. i thought he will be promoted after that series. but apparently, he seems to be neglected after that series. and lately though he was in recent series, somehow his character didn't really stand out that much. i still like him best in untraceable evidence 2
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

He is in Revolving Doors...

Everytime I see him i think of the psychologists roles he played in DIF and Take my word for it.

I like him in Untraceable Evidence 2 too. At first it seemed like he was a bad guy who possibly killed his wives, but that didn't turn out to be the case. I also like him in Witness to a Prosecution 2, which is when I first took notice of him. I think he should play Julian's older brother in Take My Word For It instead of the other way around, but I do like their scenes together. He and Julian are both funny with Annie Man too. I especially like the part when he and Annie were playing basketball.

I started watching Revolving Doors of Vengeance. Is that the recent series you're referring to, cherrie? If so, I agree, he doesn't really stand out much in it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Smile

Most recent i seen him was in Take My Word for It. I rmb seeing him in other earlier tvb series but can't rmb for now. His acting is okay, and also he's not given any good roles to show us his acting skills...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

i think he's pretty good actor ..LOL...better than these actor these day. i really enjoy all his role in all his series ...but Colorful Life ..i don't like his role there...ddin't stand out.
    best friends are like credit cards, we need them forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I like him in Untraceable Evidence 2 too. At first it seemed like he was a bad guy who possibly killed his wives, but that didn't turn out to be the case. I also like him in Witness to a Prosecution 2, which is when I first took notice of him. I think he should play Julian's older brother in Take My Word For It instead of the other way around, but I do like their scenes together. He and Julian are both funny with Annie Man too. I especially like the part when he and Annie were playing basketball.

I started watching Revolving Doors of Vengeance. Is that the recent series you're referring to, cherrie? If so, I agree, he doesn't really stand out much in it.
    oh you're already watching revolving doors? wow been waiting for that series for ages!
    anyway, what i mean of his recent series are his series after untraceable evidence2. for some reason he wasn't promoted much. his roles after untraceable are easily forgotten.
    or maybe the reason why i remember him much in untraceable was because he's very very pitiful there. imagine being a suspect for the deaths of your wives then turns out that the real killer is your brother. such pity!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    oh you're already watching revolving doors? wow been waiting for that series for ages!
    anyway, what i mean of his recent series are his series after untraceable evidence2. for some reason he wasn't promoted much. his roles after untraceable are easily forgotten.
    or maybe the reason why i remember him much in untraceable was because he's very very pitiful there. imagine being a suspect for the deaths of your wives then turns out that the real killer is your brother. such pity!
    I've only seen an episode of RDoV so far. It's pretty exciting.

I pitied Ellesmere's character in Armed Reaction 3 too.

Yeah, no kidding. At least he didn't die at the end of Untraceable Evidence 2, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

that's what makes him more pitiful. he lived yeah, but lost his wife, baby, and brother. in the end he's alone with nobody but himself.
    cherrie

that's what makes him more pitiful. he lived yeah, but lost his wife, baby, and brother. in the end he's alone with nobody but himself.
    He's still young, has his life with innocence proven and a future, though. "Dong shan zai qi."
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-24-05 at 01:07 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well maybe you're right but the cost of it is too great, don't you think so?
    cherrie

well maybe you're right but the cost of it is too great, don't you think so?
    Yes, the cost was great, but he can still start over again and perhaps build a better future.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-25-05 at 07:55 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge! I'm glad you re-posted this thread. I was the one who started this thread but with the crash in April, it was gone. Thanks for starting this thread again.

Same here, I love Ellesmere Choi in most of the TVB series he stars in. I like him in Colorful Life too. He looked best in AR3 when him & Ada was dating. What is his latest series? His last one I watched was Hidden Treasures.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Hi bubcas! No problem, I feel that Ellesmere deserves his own thread too.

His latest released series is Revolving Doors of Vengeance. He's also in Ten Brothers, but that's not out yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

what's his role in ten brothers? i sure hope he won't be one of the brothers!
    cherrie

Haha, that'd be funny if he was one of the 10 bros. Actually, I don't know what role he has in that series yet.

I'm annoyed with Ellesmere's character in TMWFI now. He was so nice and caring at the beginning, but whenever he's under the spell of Joyce, he becomes an irresponsible and impulsive liar as well as hypocrite.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

joyce is winnie yeung? i read in the tvb site that ellesmere is a weak character there.
    cherrie

Default ellesmere

i liked him in ar3..him and ada did look great as a couple..

i cant believe his age ..but he's still nice
    if i remember..he starred in awakening story ,fate of clairoyant

i wonder who else is lined up for him in forthcoming future series??
    cant wait to see him in Revolving Doors..i think he got chucked into the sea late at night for a particular scene

joyce is winnie yeung? i read in the tvb site that ellesmere is a weak character there.
    Joyce is a character's name in TMWFI who's a female player. I don't know the name of the actress that plays her. Winnie Yeung plays Bobby's character's disloyal wife. Both of them are very irritating.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

im now downloading the 1st ep of revolving doors. if im lucky today, i will finally be seeing the 1st ep gosh been downloading this for 4 days already!
    cherrie