Thread: The four constables - Nie Yuan, Echo Chen ect...

Default The four constables - Nie Yuan, Echo Chen ect...

I'm not too sure if Taiwan or mainland, but pls correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen about 9 episodes of this series and would like to know more. My rental store only has one copy of it and someone already borrowed it and i don't know when they will return it. If anyone has seen this pls elighten me on the storyline, the love relationships and the ending, I do not mind spoilers. Pls feel free to tell all.

If you're not too sure which series I'm talking about, this series has Nie Yuan in it and his like the first of the constables who sits in a wheelchair. His love interest (I think her name is Echo Chen)likes him but he keeps rejecting her, and in trying to save the fourth constable, she had to like get naked with him, and he in turns likes her.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

oh..........i think i know which one you are talking about. Don't think that girl is Echo Chen thought.........I might be wrong, I haven't seen it

I think what happened in the end is that the girl rejects Nie Yuan's character and ends up with one of the other four constables. And there's also something about Yuan's character cures his crippled legs and become a "normal" person again.......

I might be able to give you more info in a few weeks time.........after my exams
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Thanks for replying. I don't watch that many Taiwanese/mainland series, so I'm not that familiar with names, the only person I know in this series is Nie Yuan, cas I watched Eternity and remembered him from there. Hope you do well in your exams.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Quote Originally Posted by Sutisa

If you're not too sure which series I'm talking about, this series has Nie Yuan in it and his like the first of the constables who sits in a wheelchair. His love interest (I think her name is Echo Chen)likes him but he keeps rejecting her, and in trying to save the fourth constable, she had to like get naked with him, and he in turns likes her.
    The Nie Yuan does reject her until finally 1/4 into the series until he admits that he loves her....that causes the fourth Constable <----I don't know this name but if it's the latest version then his really name is Haung Shao Qi, so I'll just use his really name---. Shao Qi gets mad and leaves them for the enemies but the whole time with the enemies he tries his best to get information for them. The bad guy in the series took Echo chen because he knows that Shao Qi loves her. Therefore gives her a drug that if she doesn't sleep with a guy then she'll die. In the series he wants Echo and Shao Qi to get marry so it was there wedding that he drugged her. She was hurting very badly and Shao Qi didn't know what to do, and she keeps on telling him to kill her. Since he loves her so much and she fainted and her body was cover with all these red dots, so he slept with her so she wouldn't die. Well she woke up and gets very mad at him. She wanted to kill herself but he told her that in his eyes and Nie Yuan's eyes she'll still always be pure/a virgin. Here's the spoiler, after she lose her virginity to Shao Qi, she starts to love him, but he leaves her because he feel guilty. However she gets marry to Nie Yuan because their master wants her too, she refused but they wouldn't let her. Shao Qi explained the situation to Nie Yuan earlier (before he took off) thinking that he'd understand but he walks in on Echo talking to herself about how she feels about Shao Qi so he never touch and sleep with her. At the end, Nie Yuan and Shao Qi had an agreement that she can decided who she wants Nie Yuan or Shao Qi. In a way when you watch the series she picked Shao Qi because she was telling him that they are aready a couple because they slept together like a wife and husband but Shao Qi didn't want Nie Yuan to be sad too, and still feels the guilt. At the final battle with bad guy she killed herself with the villian because that's the only way she can escaped the decision she has to make. The other two Constable got married to their girls and Nie Yuan and Shao Qi became friends again, since their master didn't die (he susposedly died but this vase thing, that they all fought for brough him back or something like that. Nie Yuan and Shao Qi had the idea to use that vase to see if it can bring Echo back but it ends right there so I don't know if there's going to be part two or not ) I like the other story more the one with Tammy Chen and Peter Ho was a lot better, but if you want to know what happens on that story then I'll tell you if you what me to.

I love Huang Shao Qi and his character so much...he's so cute to me...it's a pretty good series...at least I liked it.
    Last edited by khang_gurl; 11-08-05 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khang_gurl
    The Nie Yuan does reject her until finally 1/4 into the series until he admits that he loves her....that causes the fourth Constable <----I don't know this name but if it's the latest version then his really name is Haung Shao Qi, so I'll just use his really name---. Shao Qi gets mad and leaves them for the enemies but the whole time with the enemies he tries his best to get information for them. The bad guy in the series took Echo chen because he knows that Shao Qi loves her. Therefore gives her a drug that if she doesn't sleep with a guy then she'll die. In the series he wants Echo and Shao Qi to get marry so it was there wedding that he drugged her. She was hurting very badly and Shao Qi didn't know what to do, and she keeps on telling him to kill her. Since he loves her so much and she fainted and her body was cover with all these red dots, so he slept with her so she wouldn't die. Well she woke up and gets very mad at him. She wanted to kill herself but he told her that in his eyes and Nie Yuan's eyes she'll still always be pure/a virgin. Here's the spoiler, after she lose her virginity to Shao Qi, she starts to love him, but he leaves her because he feel guilty. However she gets marry to Nie Yuan because their master wants her too, she refused but they wouldn't let her. Shao Qi explained the situation to Nie Yuan earlier (before he took off) thinking that he'd understand but he walks in on Echo talking to herself about how she feels about Shao Qi so he never touch and sleep with her. At the end, Nie Yuan and Shao Qi had an agreement that she can decided who she wants Nie Yuan or Shao Qi. In a way when you watch the series she picked Shao Qi because she was telling him that they are aready a couple because they slept together like a wife and husband but Shao Qi didn't want Nie Yuan to be sad too, and still feels the guilt. At the final battle with bad guy she killed herself with the villian because that's the only way she can escaped the decision she has to make. The other two Constable got married to their girls and Nie Yuan and Shao Qi became friends again, since their master didn't die (he susposedly died but this vase thing, that they all fought for brough him back or something like that. Nie Yuan and Shao Qi had the idea to use that vase to see if it can bring Echo back but it ends right there so I don't know if there's going to be part two or not ) I like the other story more the one with Tammy Chen and Peter Ho was a lot better, but if you want to know what happens on that story then I'll tell you if you what me to.

I love Huang Shao Qi and his character so much...he's so cute to me...it's a pretty good series...at least I liked it.
    Hey! Khang_gurl, thanks for replying, actually the other person finally returned the tapes and I was able to catch the whole thing, I didn't think it was going to be that long. When I went to rent it my video lady handed me another 11 tapes and I was like man, another long series. She just wants my money.

My opinion, usually I get really annoyed when a character just won't choose who they like, but in this series I actually didn't mind it. I was rooting for Nie Yuan at first but later on in the series I was liking the other guy more. And that scene when she finally hugged him was my favourite. Also I thought the actress is really pretty, though I don't know if she plays in any other series. Peter Ho and Tammy Chen partnership was good too, cas for a while there I thought he was going to be with that other chick, the one he was deeply in love with, I couldn't stand her (acting and looks) whether she was the good one or her look alike. So when Tammy entered (I've liked her since World's Finest), I was cheering. Though her following Peter was a bit too much but her suicide scene was really good, I especially liked it when he realised she jumped off the cliff. Also the third couple grew on me too, at first the girl who was the villians daughter was quite annoying (sorry I don't like girly weak type of character who always depends on main guys to help them), but when she started to like the 2nd constable, she was better. I like it when he tried to be like the 4th constable to impress her. My favourite scene in the series was the one where the girls forced Peter to marry Tammy, by cooking the guys dinner, and the few scenes after that, they were quite funny. And obviously that scene with 4th constable and Echo, where she actually hugs him. That was sweet. Overall I actually enjoyed this series, maybe because I wasn't expecting too much from it.

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

The actress is Echo Shen and she been in many series. The one serie that I remembered her most is the serie with Jimmy Lin where she played the Fairy Goddess. She look cute with Jimmy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate
    The actress is Echo Shen and she been in many series. The one serie that I remembered her most is the serie with Jimmy Lin where she played the Fairy Goddess. She look cute with Jimmy Lin
    Do you happen to know the title of this series, cas I think she's really pretty and I happen to like Jimmy Lin too!

Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

Based on the main cast, I would think that this is a Mainland China series.

The series chocolate is talking about is called Bao Lian Deng/Lotus Lantern. It's the 2000 version, not the new one with Vincent Jiao. Click here for the storyline.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default SE TA MING PU HUI CING SE

Maybe this is way overdue. But the title is SE TA MING PU HUI CING SE (The Four Constables). I was not sure if this is Taiwanese or Chinese series.

I just got the vcd from my sister.

Anybody got pictures of the series and the casts? I love the main female cast.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)