Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympics Games 2008

Default Olympics Games 2008

Hey the Olympics Game will take place in China (if i'm not wrong)!!!!
    just want to know if we will see some asian artist there for the opening!!!
    Last edited by lucy like alec; 08-25-05 at 08:14 AM.
    don't know what i want to do now...

I know who will be there, I trying currently finishing 2 years of college and try to go to live in China. If I can't go to beijing than I watch it on tv there, much more coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    I know who will be there, I trying currently finishing 2 years of college and try to go to live in China. If I can't go to beijing than I watch it on tv there, much more coverage.
    oh!ok!!! but U say U know who will be there... so can U tell me pleaz?!

Sorry, I'd forgot to proof read I forgot the Don't in I know. I don't really know who will be there. All I know that they are trying to figure out what kind of ceremony piece to use in the Beijing 2008. I hope it would be a great celebration, my guess there should be many popular singers/movie stars there to represent Asia.

Sorry, I'd forgot to proof read I forgot the Don't in I know. I don't really know who will be there. All I know that they are trying to figure out what kind of ceremony piece to use in the Beijing 2008. I hope it would be a great celebration, my guess there should be many popular singers/movie stars there to represent Asia.
    ok!no problem!
    I hope to see many asian singer/actors too there to represent Asia! That will be fantastic If there are some stars I know especially ALEC SU!!! LoL!!!

I know they got Zhang Yimou to direct the opening and closing ceremonies, so should be one hell of a show. really looking forward to watching it on tv.

I hope they well plan this like a great intro, middle, and ending. Something like Welcome to Beijing 2008 with a big bang of fireworks shooting, somewhere in the intro with so many other actors/actress/singers like videos. This would makes it interesting to other views especially asians if I was the presenter or advertiser planner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolab
    I know they got Zhang Yimou to direct the opening and closing ceremonies, so should be one hell of a show. really looking forward to watching it on tv.
    who is Zhang Yimou?!! Don't know ! ! I'm looking forward to watching it on tv too!!!

I hope they well plan this like a great intro, middle, and ending. Something like Welcome to Beijing 2008 with a big bang of fireworks shooting, somewhere in the intro with so many other actors/actress/singers like videos. This would makes it interesting to other views especially asians if I was the presenter or advertiser planner.
    Yes I agree with U too!That will be very fantastic if they well plan something like U said!!! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolab
    Well if they do, he better do a good job because I wasn't impressed at all with the show he put on for China's introduction during Athens 2004. First of all, the Chinese opera stuff wasn't really that appealing and then the little girl they picked was kind of way too timid. There's way more enthusiastic little kids in China for the Spring Festival, couldn't they pick one of those? And how did that song represent China anyway? Maybe I'm being picky but I really want the show to show the world what we can do, yay

My families planning to go to China for it, but the problem is it's gonna be really crowded.

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    Well if they do, he better do a good job because I wasn't impressed at all with the show he put on for China's introduction during Athens 2004. First of all, the Chinese opera stuff wasn't really that appealing and then the little girl they picked was kind of way too timid. There's way more enthusiastic little kids in China for the Spring Festival, couldn't they pick one of those? And how did that song represent China anyway? Maybe I'm being picky but I really want the show to show the world what we can do, yay
    Same feeling here... ZYM never really impressed me >< I really hope he can come up with something original and really outstanding, to make Beijing 2008 unforgettable!!
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

Quote Originally Posted by luvalecsu_4evea
    Same feeling here... ZYM never really impressed me >< I really hope he can come up with something original and really outstanding, to make Beijing 2008 unforgettable!!
    Yes Hope tooo!!!!

[QUOTE=lucy like alec]who is Zhang Yimou?!! Don't know ! ! I'm looking forward to watching it on tv too!!!

Zhang Yimou is the directors for the movies like Hero (Ying xiong), House of the flying daggers(Shi mi mai fu)

Zhang Yimou is the directors for the movies like Hero (Ying xiong), House of the flying daggers(Shi mi mai fu)
    Oh!! Ok!!! thanks didn't know!!!

That is alright, his work is somewhat there. He didn't didn't make that many movies, since most of the actions films are circling Jin yong novels.

I think one of his most critically acclaimed work is Raise the Red Latern, which isn't wuxia/action oriented at all. I love his use of colors. That being said, I actually liked that he included the opera stuff because it goes back to China's past.

I think his works are popular with the Caucasian set because it exposes the deepest and darkest side of feudalism, which may not always hold true. What he presents is not the average Chinese family. Not everyone's as warped as that. I don't like it. He just caters to what will give him fame and status.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    I think his works are popular with the Caucasian set because it exposes the deepest and darkest side of feudalism, which may not always hold true. What he presents is not the average Chinese family. Not everyone's as warped as that. I don't like it. He just caters to what will give him fame and status.
    I don't think that's true. When I saw Raise the Red Latern, it reminded me of my favorite book by Ba Jin, The Family. It depicts the era and transition that Chinese society was going through, for females like the one Gong Li played, they were the ones destined to the saddest fates, for even though they were educated their lives had not changed from their mothers. They were still confined to the roles of wives and mothers.

Hero was not about feudalism, it was about nationalism and those we define as a hero. A lot of my Asian friends like his work, my sister in particular loved one of his movies, I cannot remember which one (its one of the ones he made with Gong Li).

Anyways, I hope he can create two wonderful shows because I am really excited about watching it, especially when I heard he was directing it.

I think you'll be surprised to know how many people dislike his shows. Especially those who are Chinese educated. Movies like Raise the Red Lantern, Red Sorghum only show the ugliest side of Chinese culture. It's not an accurate representation. Yet it is critically acclaimed because it's the snapshot people who are not familiar with the culture want to see. There are few good Chinese movies, to be honest, so I don't really blame them, but how come epics like Dream of the Red Mansion, Romance of the Three Kingdom and Yong Zheng Dynasty (which are series) don't get the same recognition?

i can wait until 2008