Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Open!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SolyNLiza
    I just can't believe that he's unbeatable
    So far he is.

I called it didn't i?
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMan
    I called it didn't i?
    You and everybody else in the world.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

okok

but did u make money on it?
    i did.
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush

okok

but did u make money on it?
    i did.
    The Bible warns against gambling as it does against homosexuality. You know that right?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

no one is unbeatable. catch him on a bad day, injury, food poisoning, on clay, safin when his head is right, and fed is beatable.

but having said that, he comes pretty darn close to untouchable status.

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    Why should she support a creep like Hewitt?

Kim Clijsters deserves so much better than a man who keeps losing to Federer - it's disgraceful.
    i can understand the anti-hewitt vibe. i don't like him myself, and having started out as big fan of his, that's saying alot.

but u have to give credit where credit is due. losing to Federer is no disgrace. i don't get how many people here lambast his constant failure against Fed. the point is he consistently manage to advance far enough in the big tournaments to face federer. how many players in the world can say that? it is more of a testament to federer's crazy talent than hewitt's disgraceful game. plus, his ranking and recent record in grand slams is mostly beyond reproach.

also, for his rightly criticised on court and off court behaviour, he always gives his all for his country. although the aussie media tend to defend him more than i like.

anyway, why am i always defending him? i don't even like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    The Bible warns against gambling as it does against homosexuality. You know that right?
    Im' Chinese first, Christian second.

So of coruse i gamble duh.

besides, i was just using the christian thing coz i dont like fags.

i ain't no virgin who lives at home with his mom.

Im' Chinese first, Christian second.

So of coruse i gamble duh.

besides, i was just using the christian thing coz i dont like fags.

i ain't no virgin who lives at home with his mom.
    What does being Chinese have to do with gambling? Or living at home have to do with gambling (or being Christian for that matter)? You are not making any sense, not to mention being a whole lot of other things with that.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

What does being Chinese have to do with gambling? Or living at home have to do with gambling (or being Christian for that matter)? You are not making any sense, not to mention being a whole lot of other things with that.
    man you like to analyze everything i write. Why you like to give me a hard time?

Chinese and gambling lol...come on. Chinese are predispositioned to gambling addiction. lol...

I don't have to make sense, i write what i feel...

seems like everything i write you have to stick your nose into it. it's almost like you wanna be a glory hog on this forum.

Oh i am moinllieon a mod, i am so cool and i wanna make people bow down to me coz i'm so pathetic in real life so i can't give other people credit where it is due nor can i just leave things the way they are. I like to start stuff because I wanna show my power on forum over people.

Get a life...

I come on here to write what i feel, not starting some lame argument with you over stupid stuff like gambling on Tennis matches. I won money betting on Federer's match, no one else said anything, why should you?

Your remarks almost show jealousy. I mean seriously what do you get out of bashing me on forum?

Does it make you feel better about yourself? Does it make you richer?

I bet in real life you wouldn't do half of your nonsense. So why do it here?
    Last edited by TheRealMan; 09-13-05 at 12:02 PM.

man you like to analyze everything i write. Why you like to give me a hard time?

Chinese and gambling lol...come on. Chinese are predispositioned to gambling addiction. lol...

seems like everything i write you have to stick your nose into it. it's almost like you wanna be a glory hog on this forum.

Oh i am moinllieon a mod, i am so cool and i wanna make people bow down to me coz i'm so pathetic in real life so i can't give other people credit where it is due nor can i just leave things the way they are. I like to start stuff because I wanna show my power on forum over people.

Get a life...

I come on here to write what i feel, not starting some lame argument with you over stupid stuff like gambling on Tennis matches. I won money betting on Federer's match, no one else said anything, why should you?

Your remarks almost show jealousy. I mean seriously what do you get out of bashing me on forum?

Dude, you need to calm down, and newbies really shouldnt speak so loud, it will give you a bad reputation.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    but u have to give credit where credit is due. losing to Federer is no disgrace. i don't get how many people here lambast his constant failure against Fed. the point is he consistently manage to advance far enough in the big tournaments to face federer. how many players in the world can say that? it is more of a testament to federer's crazy talent than hewitt's disgraceful game. plus, his ranking and recent record in grand slams is mostly beyond reproach.
    Safin got past Federer to win the Australian Open.

Hewitt didn't get past Federer to win anything at all. A 9-0 losing streak is not something to boast about.
    玉木宏

blog

the Women's champion faired best, damn, got 2.2 million and Federer got 1.1 million and a GS430.

I'm glad Pierce got beat, too bad Kim didn't do too much slide during her match with Mary.

Congrats to Andre for making it to the finals, and congrats to the Maestro Roger Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    Dude, you need to calm down, and newbies really shouldnt speak so loud, it will give you a bad reputation.
    don't escalate this into some new member vs. senior member issue. Seniority doesn't earn you respect, intelligence does.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    don't escalate this into some new member vs. senior member issue. Seniority doesn't earn you respect, intelligence does.
    As a member, you really ought to build your reputation by earning respect from other members, regardless newbie or not. SPCENT is a forum where that kind of attitude can get you banned, so it has got to do with being a regular or not, actually, as he clearly dosent understand the rules. Moin. was not argueing, but discussing, yet Realman took it the wrong way.
    Last edited by linghuchong; 09-13-05 at 04:10 PM.

In general, I give people whose argument doesn't make sense a hard time, at least to make some sense of their arguments. I don't mind hypocrisy too much, but idiocy is another matter.

Guess I must have missed that part of my Chinese education.

Get a life...

It makes me feel better to tell stupid people when they are acting stupid. Umm.. mostly because they are being stupid and it's better for all of us if they wise up and see things in at least a more intelligent way. (And besides, what's the point of being smart if you can't tell the stupid people they are wrong? )

I brought up the gambling because well, I thought it was ironic, what with all that Bible stuff you spout (and supposedly all the praying). Nobody told you to go make it worse for yourself by making more stupid comments about Chinese people. Notice I haven't actually exercised one bit of my moderator powers, you are more than welcome to treat me like any other poster and say what you want to say about me. I can take it and I won't hold anything you say about me against you, be it right or wrong (just expect a fair share in return if you do). But I will hold anything idiotic you have said against you.

You write what you feel? More power to ya, though putting the least bit of thought into your posts can't hurt either, so far you haven't put much at all. And if you do write anything, then expect people to react to it in ways that might not please you. We don't all get to freely express our opinions and thoughts without having to defend them (notice what you did to my asking you questions). And just because nobody else brought it up doesn't mean I was wrong to bring it up. Nobody brought up gambling either but you did. Nobody bragged about predicting a Federer win either but you did. Nobody brought up that being Chinese have something to do with gambling but you did. What's your point?

And by the way, in "real life", I do have such talks with people, but I generally don't run into people who make stupid comments like you did about Chinese and gambling either.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 09-13-05 at 04:34 PM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

As a member, you really ought to build your reputation by earning respect from other members, regardless newbie or not. SPCENT is a forum where that kind of attitude can get you banned, so it has got to do with being a regular or not, actually, as he clearly dosent understand the rules. Moin. was not argueing, but discussing, yet Realman took it the wrong way.
    I'd like to think that respect is given to everyone's opinion, even new members. But, fairly or not, it seems to be much easier for posters to lose respect for new members than for old members. Maybe it's a familiarity issue more than reputation issue. I've gotten into my fair share of heated arguments with "established" members as well as new members. Sometimes it seems a good argument is just as good at "establishing" familiarity as anything else. Though I do emphasize GOOD arguments.

As for "banishment", I don't think anyone has been banned for attitude or anything of that nature in the Sports Forum. As long as it isn't taken into some of the other forums at SPCNet where the moderators are less tolerant of such attitudes.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I'd like to think that respect is given to everyone's opinion, even new members. But, fairly or not, it seems to be much easier for posters to lose respect for new members than for old members. Maybe it's a familiarity issue more than reputation issue. I've gotten into my fair share of heated arguments with "established" members as well as new members. Sometimes it seems a good argument is just as good at "establishing" familiarity as anything else. Though I do emphasize GOOD arguments.

As for "banishment", I don't think anyone has been banned for attitude or anything of that nature in the Sports Forum. As long as it isn't taken into some of the other forums at SPCNet where the moderators are less tolerant of such attitudes.
    Maybe not in the sports forum, but I remember a member called "Question" a long time ago that bashed anyone and everyone who didnt like either Return of Condor Hero 95 or Carmen Lee. It was ridiculously laughable funny, but also very irritating how he just didnt get the point how everyones entitled to there own opinions and how argumentive he was. I think he got banned 'cos of his ignorance (or maybe other reasons) but I've always took for granted that poor atitude can lead to a permanent ban on this forum after that incident, maybe I'm wrong about the ban but it's also nice to keep a pleasant atmosphere anyway

Maybe not in the sports forum, but I remember a member called "Question" a long time ago that bashed anyone and everyone who didnt like either Return of Condor Hero 95 or Carmen Lee. It was ridiculously laughable funny, but also very irritating how he just didnt get the point how everyones entitled to there own opinions and how argumentive he was. I think he got banned 'cos of his ignorance (or maybe other reasons) but I've always took for granted that poor atitude can lead to a permanent ban on this forum after that incident, maybe I'm wrong about the ban but it's also nice to keep a pleasant atmosphere anyway
    Question was a special case because he actually broke several rules several times over, including rules on language, flaming, and spamming. He was warned repeatedly by several moderators on several occassions for incidents in separate forums. After several warnings he actually publically dared the moderators at SPCNet to ban him, but we still let him stay for almost another 6 months before another incident occured.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

**** this forum i'm outta here.

ling hu chong continue to be a suck up.

i don't need this nonsense.

newbie seniority my ***.

**** this forum i'm outta here.

ling hu chong continue to be a suck up.

i don't need this nonsense.

newbie seniority my ***.
    Sigh.. again, do what you want, I was just saying what I thought was right, if you can't accept others opinions, then I have nothing to say.

Anyway, talk about off topic, Back to US open.