Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia heroes vs modern heroes.

Default Wuxia heroes vs modern heroes.

This scenerio came to me just now. Imagine Wuxia heroes cross into our world. And a big war breaks out between our modern heroes (our military soldiers) vs the great wuxia heroes the likes of YG, GJ, XF, ZWJ, and the rest of the greats in all series. I'm talking about everyone including all the female fighters. So it's like an army of wuxia fighters vs modern soldiers (only ground troops). How would the fight go and who would be victorious? Which side would need more people to win?

The wuxia heroes would lose badly. Despite their great martial arts prowess, they're no match for the massive firepower of modern warfare. Even in the fictional universe of Jin Yong, the practice of martial arts declined as military forces discovered the usefulness of gunpowder in human slaughter.

The wuxia heroes would lose badly.
    Put both sides in a jungle. I bet on the wuxia folks.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The wuxia heroes would lose badly. Despite their great martial arts prowess, they're no match for the massive firepower of modern warfare. Even in the fictional universe of Jin Yong, the practice of martial arts declined as military forces discovered the usefulness of gunpowder in human slaughter.
    how many modern soldiers do you think the wuxia heroes can handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Not if napalm and Agent Orange enter the equation...and if the modern soldiers are feeling particularly unscrupulous, a tac nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide

Yea we can have it a jungle warfare. I imagine GJ leading the wuxia team, organizing the strategies. it will not be an easy war for the wuxia team but with their skills and lightness kungfu, they are pretty hard to hit as well. I can imagine them killing alot of soldiers with projectile weapons.

Not if napalm and Agent Orange enter the equation...and if the modern soldiers are feeling particularly unscrupulous, a tac nuke.
    no nuke, only ground troops.

Here is how I see the fight go. GJ organized a team of Wuxia Seals to attack the head quarters of the Modern Military, to eliminate their general. This Wuxia Seal team consist of YG, XF, XZ, DY, ZWJ, LHC, 5 Greats of Condor Heroes and head by Sweeper Monk. In the night, the team crosses enemy lines. Not realizing the enemy has night version, they are spotted. Enemy fire starts filling the air. The Wuxia Seal team was suprised they got spotted but was prepared for anything. Sweeper steps forward and channel his chi and holds out his two palms to stop the bullets in midair like Neo. The soldiers not aware that their bullets aren't getting thru just keeps on firing. The rest of the Wuxia heroes all fire back with their respective arts. YG sends tons of bee needles. XF gulp up a gallon of wine and blast 18 Dragon Palm, killing dozens of soldiers at the same time. XZ presses his chi and give it to DY who shoots his 6 mak shen geem non-stop. The rest of the heroes takes cover and sneak up to the soldiers from all angles attacking with powerful moves and sword stances. Unfortunately, some wuxia heroes got hit, LHC and ZWJ both got hit. LHC was critically injured. ZWJ died at the scene. But the goal of killing the general must succeed. The wuxia team presses forward. Killing dozens and dozens of soldiers at a time til they reach the general and finally kills him too. They retreat back and decide their next move. GJ received the good news and was proud.

Put them in New York or LA or some other big city then.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

How could ZWJ die before LHC? LHC would use his missle breaking stance! ZWJ would use soft and nothingness to overcome bullets. YG would use his sleeve to sweep away the bullets

Modern soldiers........out come the grenades and M16's....
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Even Sweeps can't stop bullets. If XF could hurt him with a palm attack, XF with a saber would be able to cleave him.

In any case, it's all about combined tactics nowdays. Besides, with recon scouting and radio communications, the modern soldiers would find the wuxia fighters first. Then it's only a matter of firing mortars at the camp =D

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    How could ZWJ die before LHC? LHC would use his missle breaking stance! ZWJ would use soft and nothingness to overcome bullets. YG would use his sleeve to sweep away the bullets

Modern soldiers........out come the grenades and M16's....

I had to pick someone to die to make it more dramatic. I pick ZWJ because I imagine he saw a beautiful american female soldier and was caught like a deer in a headlights and she shot him to death. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Even Sweeps can't stop bullets. If XF could hurt him with a palm attack, XF with a saber would be able to cleave him.

In any case, it's all about combined tactics nowdays. Besides, with recon scouting and radio communications, the modern soldiers would find the wuxia fighters first. Then it's only a matter of firing mortars at the camp =D
    XF could hurt Sweeper cuz Sweeper didn't even do anything and allow it. Had he use his powers, he would have like a forcefield around him. Wuxia moves are more powerful than bullets, so Sweeper would stop bullets if he desires.

Wuxia heroes will sure win, considering that they have qinggong and neigong.. so to use a modern analogy.. think of XMEN versus normal people.

You can try to bomb them but they will just float away and come back to kill the president and military leaders of your country when they are sleeping or something!

Even Sweeps can't stop bullets
    He can, however, dodge bullets (this recalls a previous long winded discussion).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

He can dodge bullets. But he can't dodge the stream of bullets of ten soldiers carrying SAWs, the hail of bullets from the normal infantry, and the shrapnel from grenades and mortars.

Basically, if both sides knew what they're up against, the wuxia fighters would have very little chance of winning assuming both sides were armies. This is assuming you're taking a well-equipped modern army vs the wuxia mob (Including the Great-level fighters but not clones of them. That is, Sweeps would be in the army, but there'd be only one.)

In any case, if the Great-levels are wholly dependent on their martial arts, then if the military digs in and fortifies their position, there's basically no way for the wuxia heroes to destroy them without being annihilated as well in the best case.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 08-26-05 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    YG would use his sleeve to sweep away the bullets

Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Here is how I see the fight go. GJ organized a team of Wuxia Seals to attack the head quarters of the Modern Military, to eliminate their general. This Wuxia Seal team consist of YG, XF, XZ, DY, ZWJ, LHC, 5 Greats of Condor Heroes and head by Sweeper Monk. In the night, the team crosses enemy lines. Not realizing the enemy has night version, they are spotted. Enemy fire starts filling the air. The Wuxia Seal team was suprised they got spotted but was prepared for anything. Sweeper steps forward and channel his chi and holds out his two palms to stop the bullets in midair like Neo.
    I think that's beyond even the Janitor Monk's abilities. The most powerful armor-piercing bullets probably have more kinetic energy behind them than the inner power strikes of even the most powerful wuxia fighters. Furthermore, the heavy ordinance is area-effect weapons...against which even the Janitor Monk's chi-field would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    ZWJ died at the scene.
    This could be a huge blow for the wuxia side. Cheung Mo Gei is the team medic as well as its best diplomat. Injured wuxia warriors would be denied the services of its resident medical expert and, if negotiation were called for, its most canny diplomat. Losing Cheung Mo Gei promises that the battle will be more bloody than necessary.

If a surgical strike to "decapitate" the opposing army is the plan, then the best bet is to send in Kiu Fung and Yeung Gor. They have some experience in getting through crowds to take out enemy leaders. The wuxia heroes should try covert operations to disrupt the chain of command (or sabotage supply lines); they can't win a head-on confrontation with modern forces.

I think that's beyond even the Janitor Monk's abilities. The most powerful armor-piercing bullets probably have more kinetic energy behind them than the inner power strikes of even the most powerful wuxia fighters. Furthermore, the heavy ordinance is area-effect weapons...against which even the Janitor Monk's chi-field would be useless.

This could be a huge blow for the wuxia side. Cheung Mo Gei is the team medic as well as its best diplomat. Injured wuxia warriors would be denied the services of its resident medical expert and, if negotiation were called for, its most canny diplomat. Losing Cheung Mo Gei promises that the battle will be more bloody than necessary.

If a surgical strike to "decapitate" the opposing army is the plan, then the best bet is to send in Kiu Fung and Yeung Gor. They have some experience in getting through crowds to take out enemy leaders. The wuxia heroes should try covert operations to disrupt the chain of command (or sabotage supply lines); they can't win a head-on confrontation with modern forces.
    HR is the back-up medic . HR and HYS can also set up Maze formations against the soldiers, HEHE

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    HR is the back-up medic . HR and HYS can also set up Maze formations against the soldiers, HEHE

OF COURSE THE MODERN SOLDIERS WOULD WIN.

There is no chance. Like the Sweeper Monk can stop a nuke. My *** he can force field a scud missle.

An armor piercing bullet is more powerful than sword qi. It's like sword qi times 100000.

Qi don't forget is still an invisible energy and takes a lot of concentration and power to keep up. But we are talking about producing this huge amount of energy and prolonged effortlessly fueled by powers that are far superior to the human body such as nuclear energy.

A nuclear powered laser will cut through any qi force field no matter how strong.

Uranium releases much more energy during fission than food does when it breaks down in the body.

Even if these were super human individuals, they are not invincible to the weapons of mass destruction.

If you apply the laws of quantum physics or physics, it just won't make sense.

Even if you try strategic approaches, worse come to worse, they just use laser tracking of the Wuxia hero base camps or infrared seeking (since qi can probably be detected) and send air strikes. Just bomb the crap out of everything.

The amount of energy the wuxia heroes will have to expend just to match the machines will tire them out. Then they have to fight more machines....

yeah right.

These wuxia heroes were still human not like X-Men.

Wuxia Heroes vs. Marvel Superheroes might be a better match.'

As for the jungle, back then may be during the vietnam war the Wuxia would have a chance.

But now, no chance. If they were really afraid, they would use their satellite tracking systems to map out the jungles and just bomb the crap out of it. The Wuxia fighters probably emit more infrared or energy waves than normal people, so they just find a method of detection and bomb away.
    Last edited by TheRealMan; 08-27-05 at 01:16 AM.
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush