Thread: The Corpse Bride

Default The Corpse Bride

Hey the Corpse Bride movie just came out today!! Well at least over here in theaters! I am such a huge fan of Tim Burton's work, I love it, and also Johnny Depp's in it too! I like the fact that Tim Burton is making something similar to The Nightmare Before Christmas because I miss seeing something like that in theaters!

Anyways, I was wondering what you think about the movie if it would a hit or not. I would like your opinion on the movie or if u already saw it. and what u think of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp playing in three movies now of Tim Burton.
    "We are in the land of the blindfolded
    we cannot see what is going to happen
    we can only wait for the future and what it brings"

Tim Burton with Johnny Depp never gets old. |
    I do like Burton's gothic feel to his movies and I havent seen a movie like this in awhile. I think its going to be a hit.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I like the gothic feel Burton gives to all of his movies!

w0w have i been living undr a rock or what? haven't been watchng t.v these days so didn't get tha chance to see the previews of all the movies thass coming out soon..mMs..so tell me,..the corpse bride? sounds like a horror movie?if it is, then i'm def. gonna be at the cinema when it comes out! haha god i'm such addict'd to horror films even though they scare tha sh.itlesz out of me

Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    w0w have i been living undr a rock or what? haven't been watchng t.v these days so didn't get tha chance to see the previews of all the movies thass coming out soon..mMs..so tell me,..the corpse bride? sounds like a horror movie?if it is, then i'm def. gonna be at the cinema when it comes out! haha god i'm such addict'd to horror films even though they scare tha sh.itlesz out of me

Well I'll tell you a little about the Corpse Bride, because I don't want to give away too much if you are going to watch it.

Anyways, have you seen the Nightmare Before Christmas, by Tim Burton? Well anyways, that's the way it's made too, the same type of animation. And Tim Burton can be pretty dark, so if you like his work you'll like this one. Also, the reason why you haven't probably seen it on the comercials is that it's mostly in movie theater commercials and it hasn't been really seen on TV commercials, I've seen a couple, but like yeah.

Okay here's the story...

It's set in a 19th or 18th century European village, the story follows the story of Victor ( who's played by Johnny Depp), a guy, who is to get married to Victoria, He then goes into the forest to blow off some steam and puts the wedding ring on a stick, and makes a joke by saying the vows and everything to the stick, but unbenownst to him it's a bone finger, actually a corpse, who turns into his bride, then he is taken away to the underworld and wed to a mysterious Corpse Bride, while his real bride, Victoria, waits for him in the land of the living. Though life in the Land of the Dead proves to be a lot more fun than his strict upbringing, Victor learns that there is nothing in this world, or the next, that can keep him away from his one true love. It's a tale of optimism, romance, a death and a very lively afterlife, told in classic Tim Burton style.

I'm going to watch it! I'm such a huge fan of Tim Burton's, his style is so awesome, and also knowing the fact that Johnny Depp's in it, which is also cool too. I think you should watch it, it's not exaclty a horror film, but it's dark, has a gothic feel, if you know what I mean. I suggest that you see it! It' going to be worth it!

If you want to watch the trailer here's the site:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/

Just to let you know to watch it you need QUICKTIME!
    Last edited by Animelover_ae; 08-28-05 at 12:49 AM.

Talking Corpse Bride

saw it with my bf friday night. interesting movie... haven't seen an animated musical in a long time... the songs were good... but if i were to compare it to The Nightmare Before Christmas... I think I like The Nightmare Before Christmas a lil better...

Corpse Bride was kinda short... & like... in the end... he didn't end up with the corpse bride... false adviretisting man! I don't think he was even interested in her... like, 1 point in the movie, he agreed to "offically" marry her, but only cuz he thought the other girl was married... i dunno... i thought it was something else or the story--- (like that pokemon movie with lugia- horrid movie!!! ) from the way they were advirtising it.

I'm dying to watch this! But I'll have to wait for it to be released here in my country and meanwhile, trying my best not to die... *LOL* I've read some articles related to this. Was kind of assuming that the guy wouldn't end up with the corpse bride. I think it sounds good to me. The guy SHOULD stick to his true love, i.e. the girl he was initially going to marry.

the characters names are victor (johnny depp) & victoria (emily watson i believe), the characters are a cute pair. the corpse bride is kinda of an odd-ball. its funny how she kept saying that victoria was the "other woman" when she's actually the other woman. hahaha...

i like the musical tho, like i said earlier. haven't seen 1 of those in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by misao ohgami
    Corpse Bride was kinda short... & like... in the end... he didn't end up with the corpse bride... false adviretisting man!
    oy, spoiler!! lucky u i dun mind spoilers (i haven't seen it)

well, since it's already said...why he didn't end up with her? the trailer and synopsis seemed to indicate a happy ending!!

I watched the movie last week, it was okay I guess, not really my cup of tea.

Technically it is a happy ending, since Victor ended up with the girl he loves, and the corpse bride was liberated from, um, her unfulfilled wish of getting married. Depends on the perspective I guess, there's really no way for Victor to end up with Corpse bride unless he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Technically it is a happy ending, since Victor ended up with the girl he loves, and the corpse bride was liberated from, um, her unfulfilled wish of getting married. Depends on the perspective I guess, there's really no way for Victor to end up with Corpse bride unless he dies.

oh i c. humm...too bad since i kinda like corpse bride...i think she's pretty and have good sense of humor (note the way she said "maggots, haha!" in the trailer ). i haven't seen the film until now as i'm nursing my sick cat

How did the male character come to know a corpse bride? (Sorry..you need not answer if it's a spoiler). Saw the advertisement at Orchard. I really wanted to watch. Is it still showing?

P.S. Sweet of you to be looking after your sick cat. Hope the cat's alright.

Advertisement in Orchard, I am assuming you are in Singapore. Well, I think it is still showing, a quick check with the movies page in the papers will tell you the answer.

Spoilers for Corpse Bride...

Victor met the Corpse Bride in the forest when he was practicing memorising his marriage vows. He was unable to articulate the vows properly during the wedding rehearsal and got a scolding from the priest (or minister or whatever). he got a bit upset and took a walk while memorising, and when he finally got it, he was so happy that he put the wedding ring on what thought was a tree branch sticking out of the ground. Lo and behond, it was Corpse bride's finger. And thinking that they are already married, Corpse Bride dragged Victor to the other world for celebration with the rest of the dead folks.

i watched it and it wasnt that good.....

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Advertisement in Orchard, I am assuming you are in Singapore. Well, I think it is still showing, a quick check with the movies page in the papers will tell you the answer.

Spoilers for Corpse Bride...

Victor met the Corpse Bride in the forest when he was practicing memorising his marriage vows. He was unable to articulate the vows properly during the wedding rehearsal and got a scolding from the priest (or minister or whatever). he got a bit upset and took a walk while memorising, and when he finally got it, he was so happy that he put the wedding ring on what thought was a tree branch sticking out of the ground. Lo and behond, it was Corpse bride's finger. And thinking that they are already married, Corpse Bride dragged Victor to the other world for celebration with the rest of the dead folks.

Thank you!

This is a great movie, i'm sure they use CGI or clay model.