Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7 Swords the TV Series is Out

Default 7 Swords the TV Series is Out

For what it's worth the series is out in Singapore. Comprises of 2 vcd sets. Vincent is one of the main actors. Lots of magic sword effects so not my cup of tea. Especially since the movie was a great disappointment.

Any reviews of this series (I can't find any)? I like the movie and is considering whether to buy this series. Any idea if they will release the 4-hour movie version on dvd?

Btw, Surferket, any updates on whether the Singapore shops are bringing in the Xiao Au Jiang Hu (China version) series?

This series goes fast and very confusing!

No luck with the SG shops bringing in XAJH. My friend is now in China for the second time to help me look for the dvd version.

Btw, this 7 Swords only 30+ chapters selling for S$59 vcd only. The movie dvd was out sometime already but only in the 2.5 hour version. So still not the full length director's cut version.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    Any reviews of this series (I can't find any)? I like the movie and is considering whether to buy this series. Any idea if they will release the 4-hour movie version on dvd?

Btw, Surferket, any updates on whether the Singapore shops are bringing in the Xiao Au Jiang Hu (China version) series?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    No luck with the SG shops bringing in XAJH. My friend is now in China for the second time to help me look for the dvd version.

Btw, this 7 Swords only 30+ chapters selling for S$59 vcd only. The movie dvd was out sometime already but only in the 2.5 hour version. So still not the full length director's cut version.

Wow, the XAJH series is sure difficult to get.

I rented the Seven Swords 2.5 hr version and liked it, especially the grittiness, scenaries and music. I think the 4 hr version would develop the characters and plot better. Hopefully they will release it.

Waiting to read some reviews of the series.

i find the movie is not that hard to understand...i understood everything...what soo wrong about it??...why is everyone in hte entire human history kept on under-rating it...I still don't get why????

anyway to see the official website of the serie go here...

http://www.chinatv.com.tw/event/2006/swordsmen/
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

This series has Qiao Zhen Yu right? that's the main reason I will watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachealyuen
    i find the movie is not that hard to understand...i understood everything...what soo wrong about it??...why is everyone in hte entire human history kept on under-rating it...I still don't get why????

anyway to see the official website of the serie go here...

http://www.chinatv.com.tw/event/2006/swordsmen/
    I think only the first episode that is confusing because everything moves very fast.
    After that it's getting better. I think the tone of this series is too dark; it seems like everything happens at night, hard to follow sometimes.

I love the movie though.

I just seen this serie in the website...I will down it...but I still down the other serie...I will see it after I finish that serie....QZY is so cute...
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    This series has Qiao Zhen Yu right? that's the main reason I will watch it.
    I wish he plays the 2nd instead of the 4th swordsman!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    I wish he plays the 2nd instead of the 4th swordsman!
    but i seen in the website, it writes that he plays the 4th swordsman...the youngest of the 4!

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    but i seen in the website, it writes that he plays the 4th swordsman...the youngest of the 4!
    Yes..he plays the 4th. ,but I think the 2nd (yang yun chong) character is more interesting and will surely fit him well...besides I don't like the guy who plays the 2nd... too bad he will have love interest with two beautiful girls...including Ada Choi.

Meanwhile the 4th swordsman only have love interest with Du Fang...that's why I said I WISH QZY would play the 2nd!! Anyway, I have a feeling that the 4th will be the only one who ends up happily..if not the 7th.
    Last edited by Neuron; 01-15-06 at 01:34 AM.

oh...I hope that he will have happy ending....

Awww...Neuron you don't like Wang Xue Bing...the guy who plays Yang yun chong...why not I adore his talent...maybe his look isn't outstanding but he is a great actor...

My favourite actress in this serie is still Li Xiao Ran, I find all the other girls too complicated...

Qiao Zhen yu will be playing Mu Lang...Ok now Neuron since you have watched the movie..and agreed it's good...so who do you think is the better Mu Lang...Duncan (movie ver.) of Zhen Yu???

PS: what I wrote above before, I was refering to the movie being under rated, not the serie...
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Actually the 4th at first will later on become the 7th...since more guys will join in...I think...will in the movie it said soo....
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

I don't seen the movie yet, so i don't have any idea, so my friend said the movie is hard understand... I only seen first episode of this serie...umm...there are nothing...just beginning , so i didn't see any serie of the guy who plays the second brother...so, i don't know about his acting but he is not really cute...ZY is really cute in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rachealyuen
    Awww...Neuron you don't like Wang Xue Bing...the guy who plays Yang yun chong...why not I adore his talent...maybe his look isn't outstanding but he is a great actor...

My favourite actress in this serie is still Li Xiao Ran, I find all the other girls too complicated...

Qiao Zhen yu will be playing Mu Lang...Ok now Neuron since you have watched the movie..and agreed it's good...so who do you think is the better Mu Lang...Duncan (movie ver.) of Zhen Yu???

PS: what I wrote above before, I was refering to the movie being under rated, not the serie...
    I just watch till episode 7, so I can't judge how good Wang Xue Bing is since he has not become important yet. I just feel like his outlook doesn't fit well with Yang Yun Chong (Ok. Am bias :P ) He acts well in Si Da Min Pu though. We'll have to see. I would love to see Lu Yi gives this role a try even though he plays Zi Bang very well.

I don't think it is fair to compare the movie with the series version.
    In the movie version, most characters don't have any developments at all.
    For example, Donnie Yen version of Chu Shao Nan never turn evil like in the novel. However, I guess in the series, Vicient will turn bad eventually. It is interesting to see Vicient plays a bad character again. It's been a while

That's why I can't tell how good Duncan is since his character is almost not important at all in the movie. It doesn't even say that Du Fang likes the 4th.
    So I would definately say Qiao Zhen Yu is better..He is more handsome, of course

As for Li Xiao Lan, I like her too. I agree that Ada Choi's character sounds too complicating (of course, she is the white hair lady's student) The only character that I would prefer to the movie version over the series might be Lu Zhu.

Ohhh you like green pearl in the movie version, same here...I love her too...maybe becuase she was more simple in the movie version, Is Edell or wateva her name is...the girl in the serie ver, is she alrite as portraying Lu Zhu???

trieu minh, yes I think the serie will focus alot on Vincent, and yeah I guess my Xue Bing is not that cute ...but he is Manly...hahahha
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

oh ...vincent is leading so the serie will be talk more about him....but i still llike to see QZY...hihihi...so a question, in the serie, this is the real voice of QZY???? because this is the first time that i see him in chinese version...

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    oh ...vincent is leading so the serie will be talk more about him....but i still llike to see QZY...hihihi...so a question, in the serie, this is the real voice of QZY???? because this is the first time that i see him in chinese version...
    yah, I have the same question too..is that Qiao Zhen Yu's real voice here? He has such a 'man' voice, I thought his voice would be more boyish and less mature like more in compatible with his young boyish looks.

I have finished 2 episodes..actually, its fast yet boring so far..hopefully, it gets more exciting and clearer.

I was surprised to see Liang Jia Ren here but he's good in his role.
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-16-06 at 01:38 PM.