Page 11 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lam

Hi godess!!

Thanks for the link. I had to actually sign up to be a member just to browse that forum. But it is a very nice site. Can't believe all the info on upcoming series they have. Unfortanetly I couldn't listen to Myolie's song, I think they took it offline already. Oh well, I will wait for the themsong of Western Chamber Story.

Do let me know how you like Blade Heart when you start on it. Gosh, it's so quiet here. Does anyone know if Raymond has started filing "Tossing Rain, Turning Cloud" yet?

Hey there botan

Did you? Hmmm...I guess they changed a few things lately since before you didn't have to. That site is very informative, but there is a lot of "rules" not to mention members too!! hehe, thats why I come here more often.

Anyways let me browse to see if I can find another link for it and I'll let you know if I do. Oh yeah. In Myolie's new serie "Same Work, Same Bowl" with Roger Kwok, Kenneth Ma, and etc; Myolie will also be doing some singing

Hehe, I will so then we can talk about it. Try to get this thread a little bit more active and on Raymond, hehe.

Oh yes, here is some nwes on Raymond. I think there was mention of filming Tossing Rain Turning Clouds.

Credit to Em at TVBspace News Roundup. http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

July 15th
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040716-ul-12.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040716/img/e02071602_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040716/photos/m578748SP.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040716/photos/m578749SP.jpg')

[Sing Pao, Ta Kung Pao, Oriental Daily & The Sun]

TVB's new series "Twin of Brothers" will begin airing on Monday and a promotional event was held yesterday in busy Tsimshatsui with a parade of dragons and cast members including Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Tavia Yeung, Christine Ng, Chan San Chung and Nancy Wu wearing their ancient costumes, but suffering from the intense 32 degree heat and constantly wiping the sweat from their faces. The 'double dragons' Raymond and Ron were responsible for 'dotting the eyes' and then leading the dragon parade with their dragon pearls. The cast then followed the parade down the streets and handed out promotional paper fans to the mass of fans that had gathered, who scrambled to have pictures taken with their idols and caused a little chaos at one point.

Originally filming out in Beijing, Raymond had returned especially for the event and had to head back out again in the evening. He will be back again in August to host the Olympic games coverage before continuing filming that is expected to last until October. As for being described as the Hong Kong actor constantly stationed in the mainland, he says that it can't be helped, but he has asked the company to allow him to film more modern series in the coming year. When asked if it was hard work filming ancient series in the height of summer, he says it is okay and he remembers the time when he first went to China to film. With him and Ron showing their behinds in the first episode, are they hoping to pull in the ratings? Raymond laughs: "I hope so, I don't want my humility to go to waste!" He adds: "This show is not only filmed entirely on location, there are a lot of CGI special effects and it is a quality production. This show will be the test to see if we can film such a quality production again in the future."

When asked about how things are going in Beijing, Raymond says that the weather is very hot and changeable, sometimes with storms brewing up within five minutes, so they have to take cover in the vehicles. However he is not worried about this affecting progress because his and Bosco's scenes will be filmed separately. This is different from "Twin" where he was often together with Ron and they had to fight in almost every scenes, getting exhausted from all the wirework, so this has to be the hardest he has ever worked.
    Ron was filming for "Police Cadet Brave Hearts" until the early morning and then he had to prepare for the event, so little wonder that he seemed very tired. Also he has never tried an ancient costume parade before, so he feels a little odd, but he is not afraid of scaring the foreigners because he had just attracted someone to take a photo of him. It was originally planned for the cast to walk a distance down the street, but due to the chaos that arose, they were force to turn back. Ron did not feel that it was very chaotic, but this may have been because of the security teams keeping the crowds back. During the parade, there were a group of overseas Chinese girls wearing low cut tops who called out that he was very handsome, but he did not hear them. In the show, he has kiss scenes with Nancy Wu and Leila Tong, so Ron was asked who was the better kisser and he replied: "Oh, I don't know. (Are you afraid of causing more rumours?) No, we have finished filming now." When asked if he was afraid of people touching him up, he laughs: "Even if they did I wouldn't know because my costume is so thick!"

Tavia laughs that the parade was fantastic and she explains that it was just some people pushing against those at the front and there was not really any confusion. She was also not worried about people taking advantage, but was more worried about fans getting injured, luckily they managed to keep order. With high hopes for the show's ratings, has she arranged with the other cast members how they will celebrate? Raymond had suggested that if the ratings hit 40 points, the girls should wear bikinis, whilst the guys stood and watched, so to this Tavia responded: "How about if the show hits 30 points, the guys wear triangular swimming trunks and the girls stand by and watch?" She was not disappointed about not being able to complete the original route, saying: "It is a good thing because it is so hot today, my costume is already soaked through. (Was it really hard work before?) It was very hot, but there were too many people and it was very crowded and suffocating. Was there anyone taking advantage? No, there was too many security guards around. I am pleased to see so many people here to support us today as this has injected confidence into the shows ratings."

Christine Ng also paid to return to Hong Kong from Beijing where she is currently filming, just to take part in the event.

http://www.singpao.com/20040716/goss...nt_a11cnt.html
    http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...3827_0003.html
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-7-16/UL-283205.htm
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-7-16/UL-283202.htm
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddess!!!

Yeah, seems tvseriesfans has a lot of members. It's nice to get information on series there but I don't think I'd want to join the discussion, I don't think I would be able to catch up. Joining one forum is good enough.

Oh it's so nice of you goddess but you don't have to find another link to the song. I can wait for other songs that she will be singing for upcoming series. Thanks again though .

Thanks so much for the news too. Raymond's hair is a bit strange but he still looks good. Is that Tavia standing next to Raymond in the third picture?

I was just browsing point2e.com and saw that the webmaster had posted a few pictures of Charmaine and Sonija on the set of Tossing Rain, Turning Cloud, so I guess they have already started filming. I still think it's awkward with those two in the series.

Hey there botan!!!!

Yeah, tvseriesfans is very full of information and members. Quite an active forum I go there every now and then, but I'm also in little discuission. Its really hard to keep up with everyone's posts and really get to know someone. Also their rules are a bit "stricter" and they do things without warning. Hehe, I enjoy this cozy little place more

Hehe, okay then When the themesong for Western Chamber Story comes out, I'll let you know

Raymond looks like Raymond in here, hehe. I like his costume, not too for the one Ron is wearing. Yup, thats Tavia next to him

Where Charmaine and Sonjia in costume? Hehe, maybe I'll check it out later
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi there goddessofhonour!!!

Yeah, I enjoy SPCNET more too, very cozy here. Really? That's Tavia, doesn't look like her. Must be the hair. The pictures of Char and Sonija in costume was at www.point2e.com. Just scroll down a little and you'll find them. I asked the webmaster where she got the pix from and she said she got it from Char's forum. I went there and whoever posted the pix didn't give credit so I couldn't find other pictures of Raymand and the rest of the cast . I wonder why Em never posted any article on the costume fitting for that series.

Hey there botan Thanks for the link, hehe, didn't need to look for it then Hmmm....seems like Charmaine has a lot of the same colored costumes, like they are all sorta one shade. I'm curious to see more pictures of the other castings Maybe Em just hasn't gotten around to it or found any article on it?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i'm not a big fan of charmaine but i like it better when she's in ancient series than in modern series. i like her costume though! very pretty.
    thanks for the site botan! too bad theres no pics of raymond =(

well for tob the tvb site is up lots of pretty pictures
    http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/twinbrothers/scene/
    theres one of ray dress as an old women wondering what thats about~

ooh and for tossing rain turning cloud this is how raymond will look
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shehsheh.com/sheh/UploadFile/2004-7/200476174727503.jpg')
    not too bad huh?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Hey xox

Thanks for the link and the picture!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhh, Raymond diffinately doesn't look bad in his costume for TRTC. He looks quite nice. I've always liked guy's hairstyles like that. Hmmm....but his costume makes him look a bit "big" doesn't it? Also the hairstyle doesn't seem to fit "too" well with him. Maybe its just the picture? hehe, I still like the style of the hair though!!

So looking forward to TOB!!! There is supposed to be quite a few funny scenes from Ron and Raymond!! Looking forward to the buns scene, hehe

Gosh, there is so many pictures provided at the TOB page!!! Thats diffinately a lot more pictures then they usually provide!! Ron and Raymond look very dashing!! Still don't like Raymond's hair too much......
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hey goddess
    well he is suppose to match with charmaine so whatever works? haha making him big maybe makes him look older?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

Lol xox Hehe, your right. Whatever works to make them look "compatiable" or at least in the same age area Lol, the more I look at Raymond's picture, the more I like the hairdo!! :
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Raymond kind of fits with that hairdo. He seems to fit ancient roles well regardless of the hair or character.

i agree with you Dagger! i think raymond looks best in ancient series, modern series not so much.

oh and i put up pics of bosco in his new series in his thread
    Last edited by xox; 07-21-04 at 11:43 PM.

xoxoxox

I actually don't mind Raymond in modern and ancient series. I think he does well in both and looks nice in both as well, hehe. It really depends on what kind of "look" he is going for.

Hehe, thanks for letting me know that xox!! I would have never looked in there since I'm not that "big" of a Bosco fan
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi everyone!!!

Yeah, I'm really curious about how the other cast members of TRTC looks like in costume. I don't quite like Charmaine costume, especially that belt thing. I think Sonija's costume and hair is better than Charmaine. Seems like whenever Char and Sonija are in a series together, Sonija always has the better hair and costume. Char, looks really skinny and old in the picture with all the food. I'm not too fond of Char either but I think she used to look good in both ancient and modern but now she's too skinny.

Thanks for the picture and link xox !!! Hmm, don't quite like his hair and he does look kind of big, must be all the layers of clothing. He still looks younger than Sonija and Char.

I just read about the bum scene on TVB News Roundup, can't believe all the fuss the viewers had when the scene was aired. I don't think it is a big deal, wonder why they are so bothered by it.

I agree with goddess, Raymond looks good and does well in both ancient and modern series. He looked very nice in Survivors Law.

Hi ya botan

Yeah, that first pic of Charmaine with the food isn't very good. I'm thinking maybe it had to do with the quality of the pic maybe? Lol, I don't really care for Char in ancient or modern...

Saw Bosco's "style" in TRTC and it doesn't look too appealing. He looks very plainish. Raymond looks a lot more dashing and cute, hehe. They both diffiantely still look younger then Charmaine and Sonjia, but would go well with Sharon

Same here. To me I dont' think that scene is a big deal, its not even 5 secs!!! But I guess reasons that were given are understandable as well. Parents...they worry a lot

Raymond has only appeared in like 3 or 4 modern series right? I think he looks "best" in Survivor's Law. Then again I've only seen 2 modern of his. Anyways here is a really cute pic of Myolie and Raymond while filming SL

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/pearl2007/MyolieWuRaymondLam.bmp')

Oh, did you guys hear yet? Raymond will be pairing up with Tavia Yeung for the 2005 TVB calender!!! Hehe, so far he's paired with Michelle twice, Myolie once, and now Tavia. Wonder who's next?

Oh, and Bosco will also be in the 2005 calander. He will be with Sammul Chan and Charmaine Sheh.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hmmmm for Raymond i only liked him in this one series i forget what its called but its a cooking series and he was in it with Flora Chan and Lawrence Ng. He looked good in that one.
    then I just like him in the HK movie Stolen Love. rest only ancient did he look really appealing to me.
    not so much in SL or GF. i think his head is too big for modern series hahaha,.

xoxoxox

Hey xox That serie with Flora and Lawrence is called A Taste of Love and I think its his debut serie? Either way I haven't seen it so no comment on his look, hehe.

Did see GF and SL though and I perfer him in SL. Looks a lot more mature and "nice" in SL. He looked quite kiddish and too "dark" in GF.

Still haven't found Stolen Love anywhere!! I would really like to see that since I found Rain and Raymond cute in LWVB. Even if her acting suck, thought the two characters were cute for one another and they matched okay
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

really goddess? cant find Stolen Love? i highly doubt there's a viet version of it cause i've been looking too just incase the story was slightly different or something. but overall i liked it. awww maybe you should settle for the chinese version.

xoxoxox

Yeah, no such luck xox Argh....why can't they release everything in chinese into viet!?!?!? WHY oh WHY!!! Thanks for the suggestion though. Don't think that will work either though. Don't think I know of any chinese rentals around here and I would perfer to know whats going on, hehe. Then again wouldn't mind just gazing at Raymond
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Same here. To me I dont' think that scene is a big deal, its not even 5 secs!!! But I guess reasons that were given are understandable as well. Parents...they worry a lot
    Yeah, I guess so, parents worry a lot so I can understand why it caused such a stir.

I haven't heard any news about the 2005 calendar yet. Didn't know Michelle and Ray were in the calendar together twice already. How does this pairing in calendars work? Do they just pair actors/actresses together based on what series they starred in? I wonder if Annie Man will be in it this time.

Just curious, is Stolen Love a movie?