Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lam

no wayyyyy~
    raymond cannot be paired with charmaine or sonija it doesnt work! well maybe charmaine but definetly not sonija cause she looks way to old for him!

Miriam Yeung and Raymond made a nice pair i forget did they end up together?

As well Rain Li (i thought) did a really good job in the movie "Stolen Love" but tvb series she's in suck. who knows why but her and raymond so cute until they had to be separated~
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

After disliking them intensely in PITNOL, and reading about their petty ostracising of Shirley, I am officially dubbing Charmaine and Sonija 'the Evil Twins of TVB'. I won't be able to stand it if either of them get to lay their grubby hands on Raymond.

Xox, you mean Rain Lee has acted opposite Raymond before in other productions than LWVB? There were rumours that Raymond and Rain had something going on while filming LWVB, but later he stepped out to say they were simply friends.

TITS is actually the first series that I see Bosco Wong and Sammul Chan in. I think Sammul is quite cute. I have Vigilante in the Mask and To Love With No Regrets around but I haven't got the chance to watch them yet.

I saw lots of scenes, promotional events and interviews on Blade Heart in K-100, but it doesn't encourage me to go watch it. I can't stand Adam Cheng or Lisa Wong and I don't care for Shirley at all. Raymond plays Adam/Lisa's lovechild and becomes evil as the story progresses although I don't know if he changes his ways later. He likes Shirley but she dies in the middle (yay!), and Mimi Lo who has always been in love with him takes over. Not sure if they have a happy ending either. I don't mind Mimi Lo but I'm not sure if she has the screen presence to carry her role in the series. I also thought Raymond looked rather cool at the beginning until he had to don that dumb phantom-of-the-opera mask later.
    Last edited by Arashi; 04-26-04 at 03:27 PM.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Mimi Lo is always in ancient series~ i've never seen her in any modern and too bad she likes raymond and he doesnt like her.

I've never really liked charmaine but you know shes gets a lot of lead role~

wow blade heart sounds good i cant wait to see it myself! are you sure it doesnt interest you to watch?!

but yes raymond and rain made just only a movie called "Stolen Love" and really she wasnt bad thats why i was excited to see her in LWVB with Raymond as a series but then she was bad in that!
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

Originally posted by xox
    Mimi Lo is always in ancient series~ i've never seen her in any modern and too bad she likes raymond and he doesnt like her.

I've never really liked charmaine but you know shes gets a lot of lead role~

wow blade heart sounds good i cant wait to see it myself! are you sure it doesnt interest you to watch?!

but yes raymond and rain made just only a movie called "Stolen Love" and really she wasnt bad thats why i was excited to see her in LWVB with Raymond as a series but then she was bad in that!
    I think you're right. I've never seen Mimi Lo in a modern series before. Looks-wise, she's rather plain, so in a modern setting, she'd probably fade into the background. I think she's a great comedic actress though.

I don't like Charmaine either, and Sonija is bearable on her own, Miss Can't-Act and all. But together, they give me the creeps. I feel so sad for Raymond now that I think of it.

Blade Heart was originally released as a 40 episode series overseas, but after getting feedback that response wasn't very good, the HK release got snipped to 36 episodes instead. It's also a tragic wuxia series. By the end of it, the body count is like sky-high. Forcing myself to trudge through a long tragedy with a cast that I almost universally detest really doesn't interest me.

Is "Stolen Love" a movie movie or a TVB telemovie?

Hey there xox and Arashi!!!!

Oh, so Raymond turns bad later on? I'm curious how his ending is though. Gosh, I saw a k100 on Blade Heart and it showed him holding Shirley, I dind't know that she died though. Sorta got an idea though. Hmmm...I don't mind since they aren't compatiable at all to me.

Then again she is more compatiable with him then Charmaine and Sonjia will ever be. You know what is more horrible to think about though? Bosco is like the other main lead so he "might" pair with one of them. Thats worse since he looks younger then Raymond!!! Oh, gosh, those two look quite old to be paired with these guys!!!

I've seen Sammul and Bosco in previous series before TITS. Saw Sammul in Reaching Out and Bosco in Find the Light. Both have improved since then, but mostly Sammul. I liked him in Vigilante in the Mask even though there was a few details that made me re-think about his character.

Yeah, don't think Mimi has starred in a modern drama yet. She is a good actress, but I don't think she could carry out a main since like you guys said, she is rather plain.

I'm looking forward to seeing Raymond, but not in any of his upcoming serials....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by Arashi
    Is "Stolen Love" a movie movie or a TVB telemovie?
    it was a movie movie had the guy who played Justice Sung in it and Margaret Chung in it too~

Bosco is like the other main lead so he "might" pair with one of them. Thats worse since he looks younger then Raymond!!! Oh, gosh, those two look quite old to be paired with these guys!!!
    Okay first off thats weird but I guess because Raymond and Bosco cannot always be paired with other girls like Michelle, Myolie, Tavia, Bernice, Leila etc all the time. but doesnt mean Sonija and Charmaine! they looked too old when I think of them side by side with Ray and Bosco~ Shirley fits cause she still looks ALOT younger than those too.

Maybe tvb needs new actreses and actors with talent! don't put people like Victoria Jolly in series (eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

xoxoxox

Hehe, better Michelle with Raymond than any of those two right, Goddess?

Now that you mention poor Bosco as well, my dread increases. I broke the news to my sister because she was the one who introduced me to watch Eternal Happiness and she's a die-hard fan of Raymond and Michelle. She was like 'please tell me you're kidding...'.

At least there's the twin of brothers to look forward to. I rather like Tavia, but I do hope she's not playing another weepy damsel again.

Hey tbere you guys!!!!

Yeah agree xox. It would get rather boring after a while to see the same stars paired together even though I wouldn't mind a certain pair *Goddess coughs....Myolie and Raymond!!!....coughs* Anyways, even if they pair with someone else, can't they find ones who look younger then the guys? Sonjia and Charmaine totally don't work at all!!!

Eh.....I guess. Lol but as I think of Sonjia and Charmaine, I would diffinately perfer Michelle or anyone else!!!

Yeah, still Twins of Brothers and the female castings is better. I perfer Tavia and Leila over the other two anyday. Lol, like I mentioned already, would perfer anyone!!!

Oh, the casting for Raymond and Rain's movie Stolen Love is good. Do you know if is out in viet. Lol, I keep forgetting to look it up!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I think Tavia is gonna play a some what a weepy damsel Arashi!

Hmmm definetly not Sonija and Charmaine but never know maybe they won't cast Raymond and Bosco or better yet won't cast the ladies~

I dunno if Stolen Love is out in Viet, I watched it with subtitles.

xoxoxox

Sonija or Charmaine with Raymond Lam?! Dear god no. Let's forget the fact that they both seem quite a bit older than him, or just worn out (Sonija could pass for his aunt and Charmaine as an older sister/cousin). Yuck yuck yuck.

Not to mention Raymond has more talent than those two combined times two!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Totally!!! Its just a total bad decision to cast Sonjia and Charmaine in here. Unless they are planning to have Sonjia and Charmaine play the aunt or sister look like you mentioned sunnydayz. Maybe mother lead huh?

Yup, Raymond diffinately has more talent then either the two!!! Even put up together.

I would like to see Raymond with Leila more then Tavia. Really like Leila

Thanks xox. I think I'll just go searching in hope to find it at the rental store
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hey raymond never paired up with leila yet right?
    wow i would like to see that!

xoxoxox

Hmmm definetly not Sonija and Charmaine but never know maybe they won't cast Raymond and Bosco or better yet won't cast the ladies~
    I'm afraid it's been confirmed, xox!

Check this snippet out:

(snip) The arrangement for the cast and crew of "Tossing Rain Turning Clouds" to head to the stricken city of Beijing in June and then onto Inner Mongolia will include Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam and Bosco Wong. To this, Raymond says: "There are good things and bad things! If anything happens, it will most likely be postponed. (Are you not afraid of SARS?) It won't be that coincidental. The company is making close observations, because there is always a risk and I believe in the company." He also laughs: "The weather there will be like a steamer, if I can survive that, then it means that my immune system is very strong, so I needn't be afraid of SARS."

Translation courtesy of Em at http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

However, Sonija is also currently in "Wandering Hero Medics" which is the other series filming in China at the same time. Does this means she won't be in "Tossing Rain Turning Clouds"? I really hope so!

Yeah, Raymond has yet to do a series with Leila. Gah, Tavia's playing a weepy damsel again? She's got to be careful or she'll end up being typecasted like Charmaine.

I'm off to Sichuan, China tomorrow myself for 7 days. I'm going to be visiting the mirror lake where they shot the movie Hero in and where location work was done for Singapore's "The Legend of the Eight Immortals". Can't wait to see the mountains and lakes! See ya'll next week!

None of you guys are watching Blade Heart???

Well, not sure if it's really wanted, but i just wanted to clear some details up for you guys, seeing as you're not watching it...

1. Raymond is the legitimate child of Adam Cheng and Liza Wang...due to circumstances, he was given away soon after birth to someone else to look after.
    2. Though Raymond and Shirley develop a strong mutual love for each other, it's doomed before it even started, coz Shirley is Liza's daughter (second marriage) and hence is Raymond's half sister.
    3. It is absolutely heartwrenching the scenes where Raymond and Shirley are separated and when she dies (Raymond sorta finds out early that they are siblings, but Shirley never finds out until her killer tells her before killing her). Maybe it's just me, i get really emotionally involved when i watch anything.

Raymond and Michelle! Raymond and Michelle! Raymond and Michelle! (hehehehe)

Just going through some previous posts, and i find that 99% of girls who in their character have to dress as a guy at some point or another, generally look better as the guy than as the girl, Michelle being one of them, also Carmen in DGSD.

Hey there you two

Thanks for the news Arashi So its confirmed that Charmaine is in it....not Sonjia eh? That means a little less to stress about for me, hehe.

Oh enjoy the sceneary!!! I remember back to Legend of the Eight Immortals, and the whol sceneary was very beautiful!!! Espically the high view of the lake from a mountain!! Enjoy it now and expect a lot of posts once you get back, hehe

Hey delia Blade Heart hasn't released out for me yet, but I might not rent the serial. It just doens't appeal to me though. Thanks for those little details!! So Shirley is Raymond's step sister? Well that stinks...Oh, how didd Shirley die anyways? Oh, and why? Hehe, gonna bombard you with questions soon. Anyways thankie!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey goddess! You watch series in viet yeah??? sorry, forgot about that...silly me.

Well, the first 21 episodes are good, bordering on boring sometimes...but after shirley dies...i don't want to watch it anymore, coz the body count increases exponentially from there. Shirley is Raymonds half sister, not step, coz there is a blood relation. She gets drowned by the character Sima PingTing, an evil girl who didn't like Shirley's family, coz they were rivals in the the sword making industry...and just when things were getting good for Shirley' s family, things fell apart the Sima family...hence the hatred and jealously. There's other things to, but i won't go into them here...it's a bit hard to explain...but if you are real curious, the bladeheart forum in tvb series has been very active, so u can check it out there.

i look forward to any raymond series. even if he is casted with sonija and charmaine i'll still watch~ but luckily no Sonija! yeah!

does anyone know if there is a trailer for the Twin of Brothers i can watch? any k-100s or anything?

xoxoxox

Hey there delia Yeah, I watch serials in viet, and it takes sooooo long to release out!! hehe, no problem. I have a bad memory of my own so if I every mistakened any info on you, hehe, don't mind then

Gosh, that sounds really complicated actually....Oh, half siblings. really no exceptions to being together there. Maybe I will drop on by the thread sometime...

Hehe xox. Now thats a good attitude for Raymond fans. Goddess can't be like that though. Raymond just isn't enough to make me watch a serial. Needs to be other artists that I like also.....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

...hey is Raymond really this dark or did go for a tan?

i'm sorry I just can't resist asking this question
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Originally posted by xox
    Miriam Yeung and Raymond made a nice pair i forget did they end up together?
    You mean in A Taste of Love? I don't really remember... but I think they sort of implied that they got back together (it was done "out of camera").

But yup, xox, they were a pretty cute couple! Despite the fact that Miriam is a couple years older than Raymond in real life.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com