Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Mo Yung F'uk's reputation suffer after the fight against Kiu Fung at Shaolin

Default Did Mo Yung F'uk's reputation suffer after the fight against Kiu Fung at Shaolin

Up until his battle with Kiu Fung at the Heroes' Conference at Shaolin, Mo Yung F'uk enjoyed a personal reputation as Kiu Fung's equal in the martial arts. "North Kiu Fung, South Mo Yung", after all. It's true that much of this reputation came from the accomplishments of Mo Yung F'uk's ancestors (particularly his father, Mo Yung Bok), but the wulin public seemed to give MYF the benefit of the doubt...regarding him as Kiu Fung's match before they'd ever fought. When they finally did fight at Shaolin, however, thousands of wulin members saw that Mo Yung F'uk was clearly not Kiu Fung's equal. While certainly not a bad fighter and one of few who could actually give Kiu Fung a decent fight, it was evident that Mo Yung F'uk was no match for Kiu Fung one-on-one.

Did Mo Yung F'uk's personal reputation as a fighter suffer as a result of this battle?

I'd say yes. He was thrown down like a sack of potato in front of thousands, with messed up hair and torn clothes (by 6MSJ), with his shattered weapons nearby. Then people witnessed him failing to catch up with XF, XYS and MRB running towards the library. MRF thought that he had become a joke in wulin and was furious at WYY for mentioning DY's name later on.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

let me try to recollect from the series. against xiao feng, mu rongfu performed a "grasshopper" stance on top of a pillar. wang yu-yan said that with this stance, he is unlikely to be defeated?? somehow, xiao feng quite easily pushed him down and mu rongfu was running like a bitten dog?? he then turned to duan yu who also shoot this and that. wang yu-yan can't help because she is not familar with this sword skill.

in conclusion, his kungfu is not so good. luckily, it suits his looks well.

Mo Yung F'uk's kungfu is alright... just that his internal strength sucks... his family's skill Dou Chuan Xing Yi is like ZWJ's qiankun skill... very powerful but needs to be powered with extremely high internal strength, like ZWJ's 9yangShen Gong... but Mo Yung F'uk's strength is only average, not enough to deal with the great fighters like XF and the rest..

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    Mo Yung F'uk's kungfu is alright... just that his internal strength sucks... his family's skill Dou Chuan Xing Yi is like ZWJ's qiankun skill... very powerful but needs to be powered with extremely high internal strength, like ZWJ's 9yangShen Gong... but Mo Yung F'uk's strength is only average, not enough to deal with the great fighters like XF and the rest..

Dou Chuan Xing Yi is a pretty cool art.

murong fu is not as crappy as most ppl think he is. sure, he may not be able to stand up to qiaofeng, but hes still very talented. he manages to train in a multitude of skills to a pretty decent level of proficiency, not many people can do that. he's kindda like pre-severed arm yang guo. jack of all trades but master of none.

I think MYF's reputation wouldn't have suffered after fighting against Kiu Fung, but it probably made it worse that he couldn't beat the relatively unknown DY.

I thought its pretty funny the way XF tossed the defeated MRF aside like a bag in the adaptation,did it happened in the novel as well?

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    I thought its pretty funny the way XF tossed the defeated MRF aside like a bag in the adaptation,did it happened in the novel as well?
    Yes it did happen in the novel. Now, what would you think if you (everyone) are the audience and saw something like that? First you'd probably be shocked/awed/amazed. Then you'd think: "Man, this Murong Fu guy is really piss poor compared to Xiao Feng." I mean, poor Murong guy tried to kill himself out of embarrassment and would have died right there if his father didn't intervene. It couldn't have been worse. So his reputation definitely was shattered there.

However, immediately due to Murong Bo's minor demonstration of family martial arts in front of the crowd, some faith in the greatness of Murong family kung fu was revived in the audience.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

i think Mo Yung F'uk 's reputation is shattered is due to his cheap shot on duen yu rather than his poor kung fu

In the TVB series, I saw MRF hide behind WYY to avoid 6MSJ. Was it also true in the novel?

no, murong fu wouldnt stoop so low. it was more like wang yuyang stopping duan yu from killing him

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I'd say yes. He was thrown down like a sack of potato in front of thousands, with messed up hair and torn clothes (by 6MSJ), with his shattered weapons nearby. Then people witnessed him failing to catch up with XF, XYS and MRB running towards the library. MRF thought that he had become a joke in wulin and was furious at WYY for mentioning DY's name later on.
    agree; moreover, MRF has to face with another humiliation in this library, when he tried to save his dad from the SM, the SM sent him to kiss the ground whereas when XF did the same thing, the SM let XF hit him and praised XF's dragon palm afterwards. Of course, there were only a few people in the library at that time, but this has for sure a big impact on MRF's ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East
    agree; moreover, MRF has to face with another humiliation in this library, when he tried to save his dad from the SM, the SM sent him to kiss the ground whereas when XF did the same thing, the SM let XF hit him and praised XF's dragon palm afterwards. Of course, there were only a few people in the library at that time, but this has for sure a big impact on MRF's ego.

Did Sweeper Monk simply praised HL18 palms or did he actually say that it was #1 in the world in the novel, or was this just a concoction quote to make XF more powerful in the 2003 Chinese TV adaptation?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu
    Did Sweeper Monk simply praised HL18 palms or did he actually say that it was #1 in the world in the novel, or was this just a concoction quote to make XF more powerful in the 2003 Chinese TV adaptation?
    Sweeper Monk actually remarked in the novel: "The 18 Dragon Subduing Palm, really is the finest in the world."
    Last edited by PJ; 09-06-05 at 08:02 PM.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

MYF should have been able to defeat DY. DY is a wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot
    Duan Yu is a kind prince while Murong Fu is just a pathetic moron.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Sweeper Monk actually remarked in the novel: "The 18 Dragon Subduing Palm, really is the finest in the world."

I have always taken the side of 3 brothers in the 3 brothers vs. 5 greats debate but this is really starting to make me wonder.

Remember, Sweeper Monk being the near Buddha he is, probably would not be wrong.

Sweeper Monk has knowledge of Jiu Mo Zhi's Xiao Yao whatever Shen gong and hence probably then has knowledge of hte other Xiao Yao Skills. I think that is a plausible assumption (possibly wrong though). If that's the case, then he thinks [B]XL 28[/B] is stronger than Xiao Yao skills.

A better version of XL28 (XL18) was used in LOCH. Even then, XL18 was only comparable to skills such as 1 Yang Zhi, Ha mo gong, and HYS's skills, Sad Palms (Remember, the internal energy of the greats - at least the 4 original greats were pretty equal).

THerefore, everyone of the greats in LOCh and ROCH had better skills than XZ and XF. Duan Yu's 6msj woudl be better though. Yes XZ and DY woudl have massive internal energy and whether XF has more or less internal energy than the greats is debatable.

Just trying to throw out that possibly hte techniques and skills used in the COndor series might have been better than the onesused in DGSD.

Hi,

I think we should stick with XL18Z and everything else according to the 2nd edition until DGSD is further revised. Also I think what Sweeper Monk is saying is that the force of XL18Z did him more damage than anything else he has experienced. Furthermore I suspect that comment may simply have been Jin Yong trying to capitalize on the popularity of XL18Z. It's probably the most famous martial art in all of wuxia (certainly to me it is)--after Guo Jing and Hong Qiqong used it in LOCH--and Jin Yong just wanted to take a moment to highlight it in his latest book at the time DGSD.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot
    Unfortunately MRF was nearly castrated by DY using 6MSJ.

If DY is a wuss, that would mean MRF lost to a wuss, making him even lower than that.
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.