Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite horror movie?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffinduffin
    So scary that i've never actually sat down and watch the whole thing....
    1) Exorcist
    2) Omen
    I guess I can say that "The Omen" is my favorite horror movie because I can at least finish that one. I think that I saw "The Exorcist" fully only once and I will NEVER see it from start to finish ever again--that movie is too horrific for me. I'm also scared of "The Omen" but less. "The Omen II" is good also.

The worst thing about "The Exorcist" is its web site. One night, I was alone in my dark room and I felt courageous enough to visit the site. It turned out to be an extremely bad decision. My heart almost stopped the minute I entered the site because right then, an awful voice started to spit out words. Yep, the first thing you get when entering the site are words from the demon--samples from the movie. I'm telling you, my heart skipped a bit. For a few nights after, the awful sound was in my head. It was terrible.

I'm only afraid of serious movies about demons and related to Catholicism. All other subjects don't scare me at all and I in fact enjoy horror. No Asian horror or recent teenage-targetted Hollywood movies scare me, I rather find them laughable.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I guess I can say that "The Omen" is my favorite horror movie because I can at least finish that one. I think that I saw "The Exorcist" fully only once and I will NEVER see it from start to finish ever again--that movie is too horrific for me. I'm also scared of "The Omen" but less. "The Omen II" is good also.

The worst thing about "The Exorcist" is its web site. One night, I was alone in my dark room and I felt courageous enough to visit the site. It turned out to be an extremely bad decision. My heart almost stopped the minute I entered the site because right then, an awful voice started to spit out words. Yep, the first thing you get when entering the site are words from the demon--samples from the movie. I'm telling you, my heart skipped a bit. For a few nights after, the awful sound was in my head. It was terrible.

I'm only afraid of serious movies about demons and related to Catholicism. All other subjects don't scare me at all and I in fact enjoy horror. No Asian horror or recent teenage-targetted Hollywood movies scare me, I rather find them laughable.
    do u find Jap/orginal version of 'The Ring' laughable?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    What would you consider a serious horror? I know you like Omen and Exorcist... any other recommendations??

Anyway there are good and bad asian horrors, and let me tell you now that the bad ones are unbelievably bad (e.g seven days in a coffin (thai)). And even some of the supposed good ones, I find, are way too overated, e.g. Dark Waters and to some extent Ju-on. It's all up to the person watching it. Saying that, I still prefer them way better than what comes out of hollywood recently e.g white noise, cursed, dead birds, house of wax... and so on.

The scariest in my opinion is The Ring (Japanese). I made a point of unplugging my TV set for some time after watching it. I used to be a great fan of horror movies but this put me off totally.

I still watch those from Hollywood though. To me, the horror movies from Hollywood aren't scary at all. They just don't have the spooky feel and atmosphere; in fact, they are more funny than scary. But Asian ones? I don't even watch the trailers of those now. *blush*
    Last edited by Dania; 10-12-05 at 12:45 AM.

What would you consider a serious horror? I know you like Omen and Exorcist... any other recommendations??

Anyway there are good and bad asian horrors, and let me tell you now that the bad ones are unbelievably bad (e.g seven days in a coffin (thai)). And even some of the supposed good ones, I find, are way too overated, e.g. Dark Waters and to some extent Ju-on. It's all up to the person watching it. Saying that, I still prefer them way better than what comes out of hollywood recently e.g white noise, cursed, dead birds, house of wax... and so on.
    I consider serious horror those that don't rely all on gore but more on subject. There are of course good Asian horror as well as bad ones but none of them scare me because I don't believe in the subject. I do believe in demon possession and the anti-Christ, that's why those movies scare me. You want recommendations? Well I guess I can recommend "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". I haven't seen this one yet but from what I've heard, it can be categorized as what I consider "serious horror". It's in fact part drama, part horror and is based on a true story. Since I haven't seen it, I don't know if it's really good or not but it's a genre that interests me.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 10-13-05 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    do u find Jap/orginal version of 'The Ring' laughable?
    I wouldn't say that "The Ring" is laughable. It is spooky but it doesn't scare me and it won't prevent me from having a good night sleep.

Did anyone ever saw Ring 2? it doesn't look as good as the first.

I think that some of my scariest movies are Chucky, THe Grudge, THe Ring, all of the Halloween movies and a couple more but don't remember.

I think that the Ring 2 was worse then the ring1 where most things were better for instance I wasn't that scared. Anybody going to go c THE FOG?
    Most Favorite TVB Actress:

Tavia Yeung Yi
    &
    Minh Tuyet Fan Forever!

Did anyone of you saw Saw II or any resident evil movies?

Quote Originally Posted by solarstar
    Did anyone ever saw Ring 2? it doesn't look as good as the first.
    yes, and its not good and scary as the 1st one, if fact i think the Japenese version is the most scary's of all. The 2nd one,...how should i say this..SUCK!!!!

ive got to say that the grudge is still my fave horror movie aside from the exorcist.. it really [and i mean really!] freaked me out... after i watched the movie i was afraid to put on my blankets at night because of one of the scenes!
    being loved by someone gives you strength; while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Favourite one is Ju-On 1, Grudge remake 1 and Ringu 1. Does Res Evil consider as horror?

My least fave is eye (all), how can any1 consider this a good movie? it's so BS!

2) Shutter (Thai movie)
    Oh! I love that movie too, I have to say its my fave horror movie. Though compared to the other movies people have listed its probably not the scariest, but I thought the plot was really good. Quite a few twists that I didn't see coming, especially the end one. I don't watch that many horror movies only cas a majority of them don't have a good plot, just blood and gore, with lots of screaming, this doesn't quite cut it for me.

I've seen "The Ring" jap version, I think I was more disturbed then scared after I finished this movie.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

the evil dead....
    watched it when i was in 3rd grade and gave me the creeps.

anyway i like the ring (american version) because it managed to generate fear without the us of monsters, The Phone because of its storlyline and A Tale of Two sisters again for its storyline.
    The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Sutisa
    Oh! I love that movie too, I have to say its my fave horror movie. Though compared to the other movies people have listed its probably not the scariest, but I thought the plot was really good. Quite a few twists that I didn't see coming, especially the end one. I don't watch that many horror movies only cas a majority of them don't have a good plot, just blood and gore, with lots of screaming, this doesn't quite cut it for me.

I've seen "The Ring" jap version, I think I was more disturbed then scared after I finished this movie.
    Really? I've bought The Shutter because of the interesting premise but still don't dare to watch it, because I've read reviews that said it's very scary.
    If it's not that scary I might give it a try (finally).

My favourite horror movie is a hk movie called 01:00 A.M
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Really? I've bought The Shutter because of the interesting premise but still don't dare to watch it, because I've read reviews that said it's very scary.
    If it's not that scary I might give it a try (finally).

My favourite horror movie is a hk movie called 01:00 A.M

The Shutter scared the shit of out my nephew so I don't dare to watch it at all. I live alone and I don't to sleep with the lights on I watched Ju-on, and I can't sleep for days. I think Dark Water was pretty scary too (the japanese version).
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by windstorm
    the evil dead....
    watched it when i was in 3rd grade and gave me the creeps.

anyway i like the ring (american version) because it managed to generate fear without the us of monsters, The Phone because of its storlyline and A Tale of Two sisters again for its storyline.
    For me, it's Pet sementary 1, Nightmare on Elm Streets series and Evil Dead 1. Scared the hell out of me the time first watched them. Later, when I watched them again, lol it was nothing. They were not scary at all.
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    For me, it's Pet sementary 1, Nightmare on Elm Streets series and Evil Dead 1. Scared the hell out of me the time first watched them. Later, when I watched them again, lol it was nothing. They were not scary at all.
    yeah, when i watched evil dead again it looked stupid.
    wonder why i was afraid about it.
    nowadays i look at the storyline more than the gore. that's why i don't like japanese movies. there are killings for no apparent reason, like "one missed call". the grudge wasn't even scary at all.

anyway korean horror movies are better when it comes to the story. shutter is not as scary but better than the japs. if you like lots of gore anf blood watch "art of the devil" from thailand.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by windstorm
    anyway korean horror movies are better when it comes to the story. shutter is not as scary but better than the japs. if you like lots of gore anf blood watch "art of the devil" from thailand.
    Was the story about the woman who was raped and later she wanted revenge on the family of the man who did it. She married the son and later killed her husband when he found out. She also killed her mother-in-law. Was that the one? It has part 1 and 2. yeah! the part 1 was really scary. I watched it when I was at my friend's house.

There was another Thai movie that was really scary. Have you watched Nang Nak? This one is pretty scary too
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    Was the story about the woman who was raped and later she wanted revenge on the family of the man who did it. She married the son and later killed her husband when he found out. She also killed her mother-in-law. Was that the one? It has part 1 and 2. yeah! the part 1 was really scary. I watched it when I was at my friend's house.

There was another Thai movie that was really scary. Have you watched Nang Nak? This one is pretty scary too
    yeah. that's it. so there's a part 2? i don't know.
    NangNak? no, i haven't but there's another one i saw i think the title was commitment. it was about a group of friends who made some promise and it happened that the spirit they made the promise to was vengeful and demanded they keep their promise. it was not scary but so-so.