Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite horror movie?

Question What is your favorite horror movie?

Hey guys what is the most scariest movie you have watch?
    Mine has to be RingU in Japanese

me too. the popularity of ring i think is because everyone can relate to it. video, telephone and TV.

oh yes, i like the ring t0o..but haven't seen tha jap. version yet.
    othrs: gothika
    nd many many more but i can't remembr it rye now since i'm a huge fan of horror movies so i watchd soo much& forgot ahrhahar

I like the ring too. I liked both American and Japanese versions. Its pretty scaryand its full of suspense.

I'd love to rewatch it.
    Have you learned to love one another?

infection. my friends and i agreed that this was the horroristest film we ever watched. however, my parents said this film is *beep*. what a big diff...
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

a nightmare on elm street
    or the langoleers

I've just remembered another horror movie that I like, "White Noise" starring Micheal Keaton. I really like this movie. It is very mysterious, suspenseful and pretty scary, but the story goes even deeper... The whole plot was very interesting but the ending was a little confusing..

here's the plot summary:
    People have always searched for a way to communicate with the other side - fascinated, motivated, driven to find a way to connect with loved ones who have passed on.

Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) is the process through which the dead communicate with the living through household recording devices. These extraordinary recordings - captured by people all over the world, in their homes, with a simple tape or video recorder - seem to confirm what many of us have dared to believe: it is possible for the dead to communicate with us. And all we have to do is listen.

Now comes the suspense thriller that explores this very-real, other-worldly communication: 'White Noise'. Tapping into our deepest fears and most profound longings, 'White Noise' forces us to re-examine the world in which we live and, in the process, question our most basic notions about life and death.

Michael Keaton plays successful architect Jonathan Rivers, whose peaceful existence is shattered by the unexplained disappearance and death of his wife, Anna (Chandra West). Jonathan is eventually contacted by a man (Ian McNeice), who claims to be receiving messages from Anna through EVP. At first skeptical, Jonathan then becomes convinced of the messages' validity, and is soon obsessed with trying to contact her on his own. His further explorations into EVP and the accompanying supernatural messages unwittingly open a door to another world, allowing something uninvited into his life.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 09-03-05 at 04:26 PM.

Talking

The Ring(jap.version) and ju-on(jap. version too)
    ||Kwon Sang Woo||クォン・サンウ ||권상우||权相宇||

mine is resident evil, and Ring too!!!
    don't know what i want to do now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    I've just remembered another horror movie that I like, "White Noise" starring Micheal Keaton. I really like this movie. It is very mysterious, suspenseful and pretty scary, but the story goes even deeper... The whole plot was very interesting but the ending was a little confusing..

here's the plot summary:
    Found this on IMDB,looks like it sucks lol

Jonathan Rivers's (Michael Keaton, working hard) idyllic life is ended tragically with the unexpected death of his wife, Anna (Chandra West). Lost in grief, Jonathan finds hope when a mysterious man (Ian McNeice) comes into his life offering proof that Anna is attempting to communicate from the dead through white noise found on radios and televisions. Jonathan quickly becomes consumed with finding out what her short, static messages mean. Yet, in the process of deciphering the clues, Jonathan might be unlocking a larger evil waiting for release.

The trailer for "White Noise" made a very persuasive case for the presence of E.V.P., or "Electronic Voice Phenomena," and the suits at Universal did a bang-up job selling the small amount of science behind this strange corner of the paranormal world. I wonder why the finished film doesn't follow suit? A listless, troublingly familiar thriller, the last thing "White Noise" will accomplish with its E.V.P. tale is convincing anybody that this phenomena is real.

Taking a moody, PG-13 cue from the "Sixth Sense" and "The Ring," "Noise" has the benefit of an original angle to play against for what is essentially another hoary, dull ghost story. To my knowledge, E.V.P. hasn't been covered before by a major motion picture outside of a minor appearance in "Poltergeist," so the red carpet is rolled out for the filmmakers to go absolutely nuts with the idea, crafting a wicked thriller and introducing the narrow-minded in the audience to a whole new variety of the supernatural. And "Noise" makes good on this opportunity with a tightly wound opening 30 minutes, which introduces feelings of mourning and beyond-the-grave hope nicely, promising dark things to come, but keeping the central E.V.P. idea in the sweaty hands of the logical world. So far, so good.

In an effort to keep up with the thriller/horror megahits of the past few years, the makers of "White Noise" aren't content with their modest, original thriller, and they begin to quest outside of their competency. Sure, there is a respectable performance from Michael Keaton to hold on to, but even he looks lost when "Noise" stops being a story based in paranormal science, and trucks full steam into insipidly literalizing the ghosts Jonathan has been examining on his television screen. From that point on, like a fat man stuck in a barrel, "Noise" begins a swift, unstoppable decent down a sloppy, brainless screen writing hill that never seems to end, draining away all the mystery, enjoyment, and lukewarm suspense of the plot in favor of some unexplained CG spirits. Director Geoffrey Sax makes sure you hate his film even more by needlessly dropping in cheap "boo!" scares every 10 minutes, demonically ruining the one way audiences might truly be able to enjoy his film: by napping through it.

To top it all off, the insulting and arcane ending of "White Noise" appears to be implying much more menace and mystery for its characters than what has actually ended up on the screen. However, by that time, there's no reason to care about anything unfolding in front of you. The filmmakers clearly didn't, why should you? ------ 2/10

You guys probably think this is silly but i thought that darkness falls was the most scary i've seen... then the grudge

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    Found this on IMDB,looks like it sucks lol
    I've actually heard many reviewers says its trash too but at the end of the day it doesn't bother me 'cos I still enjoy it and there are others who enjoyed it too.

Folks, should try Thai horror movies!!!

MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Smile

Agreed with mich. Thai horror films the first followed by jap and korean - onli some of them.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

My absolute favorite is The Eye 2.
    It has Shu Qi in it and it's about a girl (Shu Qi's character) who got eye implantation or something. (Didn't really follow it, 'cause it was scarry) She got the eye from another girl who died or something, I don't know. But with those eyes, she could see ghosts. The scenes were absolute... frightning. I couldn't sleep for a week, when I saw it. But still the temptation, neh? It's going to be aired here in Holland at MTV at 22.00h. Guess I'm gonna watch it again
    ·´¯`·)» Vicki Zhao «(·´¯`··´¯`·)» Alec Su «(·´¯`··´¯`·)» Song Hye Kyo «(·´¯`·
    Tearless Sky Forums

it would be the exorcist for me. I never finish watching it as a kid. Still haven't rewatch it since i feel that watching it now would lose some of it (don't know how to describe it) mystery i guess of why i was so scare of it.

Different topic. Horror movie that turn out fun to watch.
    I use to love those old chinese zombie/ghost movie that wear these manchu official clothes and hop around. the story would always progress to a mix-up that remove the talisman from the zombie and set them free. Then a battle would be wage between the taoist and zombie. It was so fun to watch these movie.

It too bad that that phase has die out. It would be cool it they brought it back

The most horrifying movie for me is the Exorcist as well, I did not manage to complete the movie on the first try. I was too chicken and gave up less than halfway through the show, it did not help that I was watching it alone at night.

I just rented the remastered/re-edited version of the show, whereby they showed the girl bent backwards climbing down the stairs. Supposedly the most horrifying scene in the whole movie. Well, I haven't watch it yet... still trying to pick up the courage to watch it again...

Talking

If you liked Eye 2 wait til you see Eye 10. To really enjoy this movie you must see the first two---there's a part in this movie that will really make you laugh!!

mine are Wrong Turn and Mind Hunter <-- horror movies i saw and love that . You guys must watch it
    Unknow But Forgotten <=- Just hit it !

So scary that i've never actually sat down and watch the whole thing....
    1) Exorcist
    2) Omen

So scary that it's actually change the way I live...
    1) Jaws... swimming in the sea has never been the same since..

Favorite recent horror movies...
    1) Ringu (Japan... take note that the US version is nooooooo comparison..)
    2) Shutter (Thai movie)