Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would WCY be in trouble against XLN?

Default Would WCY be in trouble against XLN?

WCY and LCY were relatively equal in martial arts, although WCY could have surpassed her in his later years. However, LCY created a set of martial arts that even WCY cannot fully counter. Her greatest accomplisment is the sword play from her manual. After learning L/R technique, XLN is able to use two sword simultaneously, which may prove more powerful then two person as she can better harmonize the techniques then two indivdual can. So if she uses that swordplay against WCY, would even him have a problem dealing with it?
    Last edited by superboy; 09-01-05 at 06:26 PM.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Wong Chongyang couldn't defeat Lin Chaoying's martial arts, but he could defeat Lin Chaoying, ergo, he could defeat Xiao Longnu.

This is a tough one. WYC is a better fighter than SLN but I think SLN would win this one simply because she is more familiar with his techniques and he has never face anything like SLN R/L double sword art. So I'll give SLN the edge in this one.

WCY would win.

1) LCY invented the dual technique that combines QZ and AT martial arts into one powerful whole.

2) Jin Yong states that when XLN uses Left/Right technique, the power of it dminishes although it's still very powerful.

3) WCY figured out how to defeat LCY's final martial art in the complete form after skimming and absorbing the essence of 9 Yin.

4) Ergo, WCY can defeat XLN using LCY's final martial art in the lesser form.

Furthermore, even before WCY figured out how to defeat the techniques, LCY still couldn't defeat WCY.

I think it was stated that the power of XLN's swordplay actually increased with the L/R technique because no two person can work together as efficiently as one's own mind. And part of the reason that LCY was not able to defeat WCY may be that she wasn't able to use the swordplay that she developed by herself.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

IMO it would be a draw since even Xiao Xiang Zi, Ni Mo Xing and Yin Ke Xi can hold her at bay.WCY would definately be on the defence and admiring her swordplay at the same time.Not sure if he can figured out a way to beat it since it was described as flawless.

This is ridiculous beyond belief. Why don't you compare XLN to the SM as well? I think she's the best fighter in the universe.

Not sure if he can figured out a way to beat it since it was described as flawless.
    A simple slash with good inner power backing it up should do the trick easily.

IMO it would be a draw since even Xiao Xiang Zi, Ni Mo Xing and Yin Ke Xi can hold her at bay
    A draw? Please.

These three, btw, would kill her if the fight went on for another half an hour.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Or she could lose her concentration and start thinking about YG, by then her L/R techniques wouldn't work anymore.

You guys really overrated XLN.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

XLN couldn't even beat a LMC or Fok Tu.... She improved with the L/R technique but there is no way she was at Great's lvl at the end of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    XLN couldn't even beat a LMC or Fok Tu.... She improved with the L/R technique but there is no way she was at Great's lvl at the end of ROCH.
    I'm curious... then is she at Huang Rong;s level? Huang Rong mastered the 9yin zhen jing and Dog Beating Tech after all...

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    I'm curious... then is she at Huang Rong;s level? Huang Rong mastered the 9yin zhen jing and Dog Beating Tech after all...
    Just about. She might even be slightly better. Little Dragon Girl was definitely no Great, however. Her techniques were very good, but her relative lack of inner power disqualifies her from Greats consideration.

IMO HR can beat XLN easily. HR handled LMC easily and beat Fok Du around like a little kid....

To me HR is at GJ's lvl. WIth her intelligence she could easily learn HL18J if she wanted to, but she just choose not to. She doesn't engage in many battles cause quite frankly she doesn't have to. She can just outsmart you.

IMO HR can beat XLN easily. HR handled LMC easily and beat Fok Du around like a little kid....
    Wong Yung vs. Little Dragon Girl would definitely be a very close fight. This one is almost as debatable as the fight between their two husbands.

However...

To me HR is at GJ's lvl. WIth her intelligence she could easily learn HL18J if she wanted to, but she just choose not to.
    No. You don't need Einsteinian IQ to learn Hong Lung 18 Palms; it isn't rocket science. What you need is a hellacious amount of inner power (more than Wong Yung ever had), a masculine anatomy (which she obviously never had), and a straightforward, direct mindset (Wong Yung? Straightforward?). There are numerous kinds of martial arts that Wong Yung could learn, but Hong Lung 18 Palms isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Wong Yung vs. Little Dragon Girl would definitely be a very close fight. This one is almost as debatable as the fight between their two husbands.

However...

No. You don't need Einsteinian IQ to learn Hong Lung 18 Palms; it isn't rocket science. What you need is a hellacious amount of inner power (more than Wong Yung ever had), a masculine anatomy (which she obviously never had), and a straightforward, direct mindset (Wong Yung? Straightforward?). There are numerous kinds of martial arts that Wong Yung could learn, but Hong Lung 18 Palms isn't one of them.
    What makes GJ's internal energy so much greater than HR? HR knows 9yin completely and I'm sure she has a better understanding of it than GJ, but she probly taught him all she knew so you can call it a wash. I don't believe you have to have a masculine anatomy to learn HL18J. It just happened to turn out that way. Why do you have to have a straightforward or direct mindset to learn it?

What makes GJ's internal energy so much greater than HR? HR knows 9yin completely and I'm sure she has a better understanding of it than GJ, but she probly taught him all she knew so you can call it a wash.
    Wong Yung didn't have a background in Cheun Jen Sect inner power techniques. This makes a HUGE difference. Those who train in Cheun Jen Sect inner power before training in the 9 Yum Jen Ging enjoy a significant advantage over those who don't. Cheun Jen Sect inner power is almost tailor-made to precede training in the 9 Yum Jen Ging.

I don't believe you have to have a masculine anatomy to learn HL18J.
    You can choose to not believe it, but it's what Jin Yong said.

Why do you have to have a straightforward or direct mindset to learn it?
    Because that's the kind of martial art it is...entirely yang in its nature (and Peach Blossom Island martial arts are yin in nature). Not everybody can master this skill...same as not everybody can master the Dog Beating Stick Technique (which was perfect for Wong Yung, but would not have suited Gwok Jing at all) or Sad Palms. For similar reasons, Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, and Little Dragon Girl were able to master the Left/Right Hand Technique, but Wong Yung (and probably Yeung Gor) couldn't.

Jin Yong also remarked that Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung would never be able to master each other's martial arts because their personalities and, by extension, their approaches to martial arts were so different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Wong Yung didn't have a background in Cheun Jen Sect inner power techniques. This makes a HUGE difference. Those who train in Cheun Jen Sect inner power before training in the 9 Yum Jen Ging enjoy a significant advantage over those who don't. Cheun Jen Sect inner power is almost tailor-made to precede training in the 9 Yum Jen ging.

You can choose to not believe it, but it's what Jin Yong said.

Because that's the kind of martial art it is...entirely yang in its nature (and Peach Blossom Island martial arts are yin in nature). Not everybody can master this skill...same as not everybody can master the Dog Beating Stick Technique (which was perfect for Wong Yung, but would not have suited Gwok Jing at all) or Sad Palms. For similar reasons, Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, and Little Dragon Girl were able to master the Left/Right Hand Technique, but Wong Yung (and probably Yeung Gor) couldn't.

Jin Yong also remarked that Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung would never be able to master each other's martial arts because their personalities and, by extension, their approaches to martial arts were so different.
    I did not know that the Cheun Jen Sec breathing techniques can make that much of a difference... I didn't know they complimented each other neither

I did not know that the Cheun Jen Sec breathing techniques can make that much of a difference... I didn't know they complimented each other neither
    They do. When Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung skimmed the 9 Yum Jen Ging, he saw alot of parallel thinking between what Wong Seung (the 9 Yum Jen Ging's creator) had developed and the martial arts that Wong Chung Yeung himself had created. There was a great affinity between Cheun Jen Sect martial arts and the 9 Yum Jen Ging, except that the 9 Yum Jen Ging operated at an even higher level.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

XLN could beat LMC if she wanted, but she had no reason to hurt her. but if XLN and LMC fought LMC would lose. LMC actually already lost to XLN in the ancient tomb. if XLN didnt get hurt while practicing jade maiden manuel. XLN used a move from jade maiden manuel and slapped LMC.

where did u see fok du beat XLN. if it was in the movie then it was inaccurate. XLN and fok du never fought against each other.

i think if XLN and WCY fought WCY might b troubled. cuz XLN even beat up kum leaun fa wang. but if they fought 4 a long period of time XLN would lose cuz she doesnt have enough inner energy. but her r/l sword skill combined with jade maiden and all truth swords skill i think she can trouble WCY.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Hah, why would they fight in the first place? XLN is like the grandaughter WCY never had. If they fought for fun, WCY wouldn't win XLN's R/L skills and Jade heart kungfu that easily.. maybe after 100 moves when her inner energy proved inferior. But if they really battled, XLN would prolly surprise him with her techniques and use that opportunity to flee. My impression is that her qinggong is much better than WCY's because noone in the whole Quanzhen sect cept Zhou Botong seems to be good at it.
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 09-02-05 at 11:18 PM.