Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xu Zhu vs Zhang Wu Ji

Default Xu Zhu vs Zhang Wu Ji

Both has an insane amount of internal energy; although I believe XZ's internal energy is much greater than ZWJ. Both fighters lack experience and skills in fighting.
    Who would win in a head to head matchup?

XZ at the end of DGSD would completely annihilate ZWJ.

ZWJ's internal energy is more forecful than ZSF's but it didn't even come close in purity. This means he's Great-level at best.

XZ has over a hundred years of high-quality Xiao Yiao internal energy pumping plus very formidable techniques to go with it.

The only caveat I see is if ZWJ could trick XZ into using a maximum power attack and suddenly diverting it back against himself using QKDNY.

I believe ZWJ can only use QKDNY against someone who had lesser inner power than himself.

I see no reason why that's true.

YX was able to use QKDNY against 4 other people who were about his own level at the same time with only the second stage of QKDNY. Surely ZWJ could do better with stage 7?

Furthermore, QKDNY is about redirection and maximal usage of your own abilities and potential. Like Tai Chi, a small nudge is able to move mountains; that is, a small force is used to redirect a huge force against itself.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

xu zhu is stronger but he doesn't know how to fully use his powers. he doesn't have very much training. i think zwj will win from more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    The only caveat I see is if ZWJ could trick XZ into using a maximum power attack and suddenly diverting it back against himself using QKDNY.
    It was said that ZWJ wouldn't be able to divert back the Xuanming Elder's palm force if he didn't use QKDNY 7th level (highest). If we are to assert that XZ's palm attacks are about 3 times (probably more) the force of a Xuanming Elder, then I wouldn't be so sure if QKDNY can be efficient anymore.

Besides, MRB (the same class as XF) used Diverting Star Technique against his single palm strike, and even he was unsuccessful in shifting it back fully 90 degrees.

Where does it say that? I just read the translation up to chapter 26 and both times ZWJ encountered the elders it didn't mention that he needed stage 7. ZWJ still kicked both elders' butts easily in the second round (at least hand to hand).

Furthermore, QKDNY is very different from the Murong martial art. Murong's art seems to be moving energy. QKDNY is about utilizing your own abilities at maximum to redirect physical attacks (similar to Tai Chi). If XZ used maximum force, even if ZWJ couldn't divert XZ's palms into each other, he should at least be able to divert it away from himself.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 09-01-05 at 08:33 PM.

I think skills-wise, xu zhu is weaker. zwj could therefore win on this aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    I think skills-wise, xu zhu is weaker.
    Xu Zhu has more deadly tricks up his sleeves. Wuji has no chance.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    I think skills-wise, xu zhu is weaker. zwj could therefore win on this aspect.
    How do you figure that? Xu Zhu has many of TSTL's skills. Those various palm techniques should be enough to handle ZWJ.

sorry, what i mean using skills experience in real fighting lah.

If it's straight up fighting they're quite well matched in terms of skills imo. But if you're talking about nasty tricks to pull, XZ has a lot more of those.

Xu Zhu vs Zhang Wuji is like sweeper monk vs murong bo n xiao yuansan, theres just no competetion. zhang wuji will get wasted

Where does it say that? I just read the translation up to chapter 26 and both times ZWJ encountered the elders it didn't mention that he needed stage 7. ZWJ still kicked both elders' butts easily in the second round (at least hand to hand).
    Chapter 39.

Furthermore, QKDNY is very different from the Murong martial art. Murong's art seems to be moving energy. QKDNY is about utilizing your own abilities at maximum to redirect physical attacks (similar to Tai Chi). If XZ used maximum force, even if ZWJ couldn't divert XZ's palms into each other, he should at least be able to divert it away from himself.
    They’re roughly the same thing. Both are 反彈之術(arts of rebounding) and 借力打力之技(techniques that capitalise on the opposition’s force). Having said that, QKDNY is more similar to Diverting Star Technique than Taichi Fist.

Gusu Murong martial arts were said to be matchless in its heydays (Diverting Star Technique would not be ruled out). In Murong Bo’s opinion, they’re not inferior to Dali’s 6 Meridian Swords. His Canhe Finger was able to drill a hole in Yellow-browed monk’s chest from a very long distant at just the tender age of 15 years old. What’s shocking is even up to the Shaolin battle; he claimed he had only acquired superficial knowledge of this particular skill. So I find it hard to accept that QKDNY of a later dynasty would top something else in a dynasty where you eat and sleep martial arts.

Against XZ, he’ll be biting off more than he could chew. If Murong Bo’s redirection to XF were a success then he would’ve taken damage also in the process. I doubt ZWJ would want to take this chance and end his life so suddenly, he's only in his 20s.

I'll place my bet on Xu Zhu. By the end of the novel, he did reached a level beyond after the battle of Shaolin. His internal energy is likely well beyond ZWJ's and has sheer power would probably leave ZWJ baffled since he was matchless in this field throughout the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    ZWJ's internal energy is more forecful than ZSF's but it didn't even come close in purity. This means he's Great-level at best.

ZWJ's internal energy does seem considerably more robust then the Greats' though.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot
    xu zhu is stronger but he doesn't know how to fully use his powers. he doesn't have very much training. i think zwj will win from more experience.
    Nonsense.

XuZhu has fought powerful opponents such as DingChunQiu and JiuMoZhi (who are far more powerful than anyone ZWJ has ever faced). He was trained by TianShanTongLao. He perfected his techniques in LingJiuGong.

ZhangWuJi pwned his opponents in HSDS. However his opponents were of much lower standard than DCQ or JMZ. His fighting experience is not greater than that of XuZhu.

That being said, XZ and ZWJ would have no reason to fight, since they are both good guys (unless ZWJ tried to bite MengGu on the arm...)

If it came to a real fight, ZWJ would be annihilated. If XuZhu did not want to kill, he can always use the ShenSiFu...
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus1982

If it came to a real fight, ZWJ would be annihilated. If XuZhu did not want to kill, he can always use the ShenSiFu...
    ShenSiFu may turn into vipor under ZWJ's 9YSJ though.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quote Originally Posted by superboy
    ShenSiFu may turn into vipor under ZWJ's 9YSJ though.

No Shensifu could work on ZWJ, even XZ with 60 yrs of inner energy fell against shensifu.

ZWJ wouldn't stand a chance whatsoever XZ have probably 3 times more inner energy than ZWJ and technic vise XY skills is way more superior than any of the skills ZWJ learnt

ZWJ usually has trouble dealiing with opponents with unortodox skills, he had trouble dealing with Zhiruo's 9Yin claws, the persian's sacred fire tablet skill... the xiaoyao sect's skills are much more deadly and unortodox, ZWJ will have trouble dealing with XZ..

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    ZWJ usually has trouble dealiing with opponents with unortodox skills, he had trouble dealing with Zhiruo's 9Yin claws.
    He didn't have any real problems with Chow Chi Yerk's weak, crash-course 9 Yum White Bone Claws; he just had to fake it for the sake of saving Tse Tsun.