Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Best Favorite Korean Drama or Movies

Default Best Favorite Korean Drama or Movies

My selection is : Full House ( romantic comedy ) and :Wonderful Life ( best family drama ! )

My Top 10 korean dramas/movies until now are :
    1) 49Days
    2) City Hunter
    3) My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox
    4) Secret Garden
    6) He's Beautiful
    7) Princess Hours
    8) Personal Taste
    9) Boy Over Flowers
    10) Full House

In no particular order and I have problem picking exactly 10, so I'll just list what I really think were VERY GOOD.

The Princess' Man
    The Time Between Dog and Wolf
    Family Honor
    Goong
    Personal Taste
    Fantasy Couple
    Get Karl Oh Soo Jung

I'll join in the discussion and list my favorite k-dramas....

My Girl (so cute and funny!)
    The Princess' Man ( very touching romance)
    Ballad of Seodong (Love the enduring romance)
    Sunflower (my favorite medical drama Ahn Jae Wook is soo handsome!)
    Queen Seonduk (I love the sinister Bidam!)

Hmm...I just realize I don't have many modern favorites....what happened?!!
    Need to stop being lazy...

Have never heard any of it...

Do you find that you are able to watch them again and again? I haven't come across a Korean drama/movie that I can watch more than once. Maybe cause the ones that I viewed aren't touching.

From what I had watched since 2007 : [ follow ratings... ]
    1. You're Beautiful
    2. My Girl
    3. Boys Over Flowers
    4. Sassy Girl Chun Yang
    5. Princess Hours ( Goong )
    6. Wonderful Life
    7. Witch Yoo Hee
    8. Full House
    9. My Name is Kim Sam Soon
    10. Sungkyunkwan Scandal

ALERT!!! : * HIGHLY RECOMMENDED *

Even though some k-dramas are pretty cliched and some vastly overrated, not all of them follow the same kind of formulaic story. I have to say even though I've grown up watching tvb, some k-dramas have touched me and moved me in ways that tvb shows never had. Please do give some of these a try ~

Best Action/everything really: City Hunter
    -oh what can i say about this show that hasn't been said by others already~ it is a very hyped up show, but a well deserved hype. while revenge is one of the main themes propelling the plot, there are also bits of romance, comedy, suspense, drama etc; and those damn cliff hangers. when u get to the middle ish, each ep ends, sometimes literally, with a cliffhanger. lots of people think the reason why this show is so good is because of lee min ho, but really what makes it so good is the solid production, plot, acting - lee min ho is just icing on the cake. he does a great job here btw, way better than boys over flowers. it was a crazy ride watching, and u will love every bit of it

Best Emotional/TearJerker: 49 DAYS
    -when i said "some kdramas have touched me" i was mostly referring to this one. the premise had intrigued me from the start: a woman taking over the body of another in order to find 3 people who will cry genuine tears for her while she was alive, this being the only way she can live again. such a compelling, thought provoking story from beginning to end - it will make u think again about the things in life and about death. its themes are meaningful in a way that isn't pretentious - it gives a genuine feel. while it is a heavy emotional drama, it's maybe not for everyone, but the thing i love is that it is so rare to find a story quite like this in kdramas.

Best Crime/Suspense: The Vampire Prosecutor
    -don't get turned off by the ridic title. This show gives a Law and Order/CSI vibe and manages to add some really funny moments for a complete fun watching experience. the vampire aspect gives the show a unique touch because he can use that vampy sense~ to help him solve crimes. theres also a strong backstory, and the characters are all very loveable. Each ep features a new case, and the plot moves very fast so make sure you are paying attention~ the ending is epic and the one of the best I've seen. On the edge of my seat the entire time, clutching my pearls, waiting to see what would happen next. u thought forensic heroes/detective investigation files was good? watch this. not saying those are bad, but it's such a stark difference in how tvb tries to do crime shows vs this one. u won't be disappointed =D

Best Romance: Secret Garden
    -i can say honestly this DOES follow a rather typical rich guy vs poor girl plot, but the thing that kept me watching and yearning for more was the CHEMISTRY. theres so much burning sexual chemistry between the leads and even when there are moments that piss u off, u want to keep watching to find out how these 2 will end up together. and u kno, the whole boy girl switching bodies and some weird plot twists does make it fun. not a perfect drama because of some plot holes, but a must watch if u love romantic comedy dramas. i've never seen chemistry quite like that. their intensity staring at each other had me losing it. in a good way~

Best Feel Good/Comedy/High School: Dream High!
    -god do I love this drama. Yes, it looks like a predictable high school show featuring lots of idols, and while it is at times predictable i think this is the only drama where i really loved ALL the characters. even the seemingly bad guys at the beginning, at the end, will make u laugh. when it comes to the cutest couple in the history of everything, i have two words: MILKY COUPLE. overall a really cute, fluffy feel good, show that does have good writing - its theme is reaching for ur dreams as high as u can anyway. some of the acting isnt as polished but the pros far outweight the cons. if u are having a bad day, give this a try. i regret not watching this earlier~
    OK TAECYEON <3

Go on, get out – last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.
    To his housekeeper, in his dying words
    ~ Karl Marx

Best Korean drama is Giant. Great cast and solid story.

Personal I haven't watched that many Korean Dramas, but I'll list my favourite anyway.
    1. Reply 1997 (It's fairly new, but I instantly fell in love with it)
    2. 49 Days (it was very heart warming and made me cry)
    3. You're Beautiful (Some parts were good, even though I'm not a big Jang Guen Seuk fan)
    4. Flower Boy Ramen Shop (This was hilarious and it has lots of eye candy)
    5. Dream High (Personally I didn't like it that much, because it was an idol drama and both Taecyeon and Suzy were a bit stiff. However, I loved Milky Couple and even as a horrible actor both Taecyeon and Kim Soo Hyun are eye candy) (I'm sorry I may be a bit bias because I'm a HOTTEST and almost all the 2pm members were in this.) (*sigh* Taecyeon)
    6. Goong (Nothing much to say, just watch it.)
    7. Full House (It did get a bit draggy in the end and no offence but I didn't really like Rain)
    8. City Hunter (I haven't watched this, but all my friends love it)
    Hoped I help.
    I'm trying to find new dramas to watch. So please help me by suggesting some. <3

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    My all-time favorite remains as Jumong. Iris and Full House are interesting too. Recently enjoyed finishing Kingdom of the Winds.
    I will like to add Athena (though Iris is still better). Detective series "Ten" is another very exciting series.

Well. Since I can't really decided which is my favorite. I'm going to list them all. In no particular orders.

Full House. I got addicted to this drama. Seriously. I can still remember every single episode.
    My Girl. One of the funniest drama. I watched over and over again, but I still have the same reaction. Laughing so hard.
    You're Beautiful. Well of course, I got hooked because of Jang Geun Suk, but it was a good series.
    My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho. Tearjerker + Funny.
    Secret Garden. A must watch. Period.

Okay the last drama I watched was The King 2 Hearts. Actually I'm not done watching it, because I can't find free time. But it was good. Although you have to prepare tissues while watching. Dramas I want to watch: The Moon Embracing The Sun and The Rooftop Prince. I heard that they are really a must watch drama.

My all-time favorite remains as Jumong. Iris and Full House are interesting too. Recently enjoyed finishing Kingdom of the Winds.
    Detective series "Ten" is another very exciting series. Will like to add movie "No Mercy".

Have quite a few personal favorites such as lovely samsoon, secret garden and you're beautiful, etc...

I would recommended Scent of a woman. A really nice drama with very good actors and wonderful storyline. After watching the series it makes me feel that life is precious and we should cherish what we have and also do the things we love!

well I can think of just one TV series that is worth mentioning, Sandglass (1995). I am quite surprised that no one has mentioned it. If you haven't seen it. You are missing a cornerstone of Korean TV series. It's in a league of its own. I can't recall any other TV series that can be said as a distant second. It's that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcq1-_taAYA
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 12-10-12 at 08:01 PM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

I just added another show to my Favourite list. It's a lesser known show call Miss Ajumma which aired in the morning session in Korea during May to Oct 2011. It has the lead actress from First Wives' Club Oh Hyun Kyung. I like all the characters in the show and especially Kang Geum Hwa and Yoon Jung Woo's love journey. It caters to a more mature and down-to-earth audience.

I'm watching Bad Love at the moment and it's better than my expectations. Pretty well done. It won't be on my Favourites coz sad love stories are not my cup of tea.

I just finished watching Korean movie, 'The Duelist'..it is not a new movie, from year 2005.

However, I find the storyline very remarkable with beautiful fighting scenes.

And I love the casts, Kang Dong Won and Ha Ji Won!

My all-time favorite remains as Jumong. Iris and Kingdom of the Winds are interesting too.
    Detective series "Ten" is another very exciting series. Will like to add movie "No Mercy".

Finishing "Deep-Rooted Tree" - worth a watch.