Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rescuing xiao zhao

in the series, the persian king was around. can zwj be a man and tell the king that he cannot let xz go as he wants to marry her?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    in the series, the persian king was around. can zwj be a man and tell the king that he cannot let xz go as he wants to marry her?
    I don't get it: what has the Persian King got to do with Xiao Zhao? I thought the Persian Ming Sect is some sort of a cult group, a martial-arts-cum-religious (all that fire ritual stuff) body, not political, and certainly nothing to do with royalty. Of course, the members probably support a particular political direction, but surely the freedom of Xiao Zhao doesn't rest in the hands of the Persian King?

BTW, I think (but can't be sure) that the Persian Ming Sect ordered their Chinese counterparts to help the Mongols in the past. But the leader of the Chinese Ming Sect refused, hence the tension between the 2 parties. Thus enlisting the Persians to expel the Mongols would probably be out of the question.

Was there even a Persian Empire anymore in the 14th Century? The old Persian Empire of classical antiquity was long gone, and the Middle East just before the Mongols invaded was dominated by the Islamic Empire (which wasn't predominantly Persian, but Arab). During the time of the Yuan Dynasty in China, the territory corresponding to ancient Persia was just another piece of the Mongol Empire.

in the series, the persian cult went with an "army".
    one of them is presumably the king. or can he be the leader?

If you like XZ i cannot for the life of think why you would subject her to such torture.

What was ZWJ going to save her from? A life of luxury as head of a powerful sect?

What could he give her? He truly loved ZM. Thus if he is with ZM then XZ has to see them be lovey dovey everyday. If he is not with ZM then he will be thinking of her all the time.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Default One More Time: Rescuing Xiaozhao

Sorry, folks - this may be my third time posting the same thread.

This time I will like to consult you on this.
    Assume that zwj really want to rescue xz.
    When is the best time? at snake island, immediately when xz and the persians leave snake island, when zwj reaches mainland, or after he calls it a day.

When XZ was taken away, they were on a ship. The Persians could sink the ship (along with ZWJ, Golden flower, XZ and co) anytime if they wanted to. So there was no way of ZWJ rescueing XZ from sea (ie immediately after 'capture') without risking everyone's lives.

That means he will have to travel to Persia at a later date.

Always wondered how the persian ship go back to Persia, sail round South-east Asia and India before coming back to Persia, that's very long...
    ..ext88

sorry, fourth time reviving this thread.

1. did xz know that zwj loves only zm? when was this?
    2. if u were xz, will you hope that zwj come to persia to visit you one day?

sorry. fifth time reviving this thread.

Suppose we want to save xz, which male character will risk his life for a final attempt?
    1. WXB? He seems to be able to get all his women.
    2. GJ? He treasures friends a lot.
    3. DY?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    sorry. fifth time reviving this thread.

Suppose we want to save xz, which male character will risk his life for a final attempt?
    1. WXB? He seems to be able to get all his women.
    2. GJ? He treasures friends a lot.
    3. DY?
    I don't think any of them would because they know the outcome would be scores of dead Chinese and Persian Ming Cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't think any of them would because they know the outcome would be scores of dead Chinese and Persian Ming Cultists.
    Why do you say so? WXB, with his flowery language, could lead to a non-fight situation.