Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chut Toi Sheung Kiu (Tony Leung, Kitty Lai)

Yea, I can get you some Pics later on tonight. I always felt she had so much going for her and she chosed Kent Tong, who many people think were gay at the time. He was a descent actor, but she was so much better than him, what a waste! She should have went out with Michael or Felix!!!!!

ohh, icic, I can't believe that she decided to end her life for that. It's a pity. Heard that she's good actress, but I have never seen her drama.

Anyway, what is the name of the actress who ended up with Tony in this drama??
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Yea, I can get you some Pics later on tonight. I always felt she had so much going for her and she chosed Kent Tong, who many people think were gay at the time. He was a descent actor, but she was so much better than him, what a waste! She should have went out with Michael or Felix!!!!!
    Like Felix, Michael and Kent all stood in line to wait for her to pick who she wanted to go out with. Dating is a 2 person thing, the pair have to to have feelings for each other. And why was she so much better than Kent? Kent was also an upcoming actor with a bright future then. He was 1 of the 5 Tigers. But Barbara's death ruined his career. No one force her to end her life. Yes, it's a waste that she ended her life when she has so much going for her and she must be in a very unhappy state of mind when she did it, but it shouldn't be blamed totally on Kent. No one knows what truly happened in their relationship.

I just recently rewatch LOCH83, and honestly, I think Barbara was overrated. She was not a bad actress and she did make Wong Yung adorable. But she fared badly in crying scenes. Yeung Pan Pan actually did a lot better than her in the acting department.

well there's a rumor saying barbara didn't really intend suicide...or gave up at the last minute but didn't manage to save herself. but we'll never know now.
    honestly i think it's really unfair if kent's career was ruined because of her death, afterall it's her choice.
    kent never married right? maybe he really loved barbara. anyway, here's his pic in the vcd cover of dgsd

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/67/110/l_p1001811067.jpg
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Here is Kent Tong's website: http://www.kent-tong.com/

thanks, I can recognize him now

Quote Originally Posted by SolyNLiza
    ohh, icic, I can't believe that she decided to end her life for that. It's a pity. Heard that she's good actress, but I have never seen her drama.

I don't know who that actress is, but I really like her also. She was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by SolyNLiza
    She is Shallin Tse Ling, Miss Hong Kong 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Like Felix, Michael and Kent all stood in line to wait for her to pick who she wanted to go out with. Dating is a 2 person thing, the pair have to to have feelings for each other. And why was she so much better than Kent? Kent was also an upcoming actor with a bright future then. He was 1 of the 5 Tigers. But Barbara's death ruined his career. No one force her to end her life. Yes, it's a waste that she ended her life when she has so much going for her and she must be in a very unhappy state of mind when she did it, but it shouldn't be blamed totally on Kent. No one knows what truly happened in their relationship.

I just recently rewatch LOCH83, and honestly, I think Barbara was overrated. She was not a bad actress and she did make Wong Yung adorable. But she fared badly in crying scenes. Yeung Pan Pan actually did a lot better than her in the acting department.
    I did not know Barbara's death ruined Kent's future. That does suck, but I personally don't think Kent is a good actor at all, obviously not on par with the Felix, Michael, Simon, or Tony of the world. What series did he STAR in? He was almost always a supporting character. You can sit here and tell me Kent is a good actor and Barbara is not since its your oppinion but I think you will be one of the minority.

I guess I can't say Barbara shouldn't choose Kent cause she is so much better than him, because its her preference after all. I'll take that comment back.

Wong Yung's character is not an easy character to play since she is one of Jin YOng's most complex character. I didn't think her crying seens were that bad, the way her character is, her crying scenes were not intended to be heavy tear jerkers. Most of them infact are comedic, sassy, or whinny cries. Try watching all the LOCH adaptations and compare them with Barbara's performance, I think you will see a clear difference.

Barbara was obviously known for her roll in LOCH, but she has alot of great works that not many people have seen like The Rough Ride, and a handful of others, I don't know the english names to.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    well there's a rumor saying barbara didn't really intend suicide...or gave up at the last minute but didn't manage to save herself. but we'll never know now.
    honestly i think it's really unfair if kent's career was ruined because of her death, afterall it's her choice.
    kent never married right? maybe he really loved barbara. anyway, here's his pic in the vcd cover of dgsd

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/67/110/l_p1001811067.jpg
    I really didn't know Barbara's death had that much impact on Kent's career. I'm not blaming him at all, just that I wasn't a very happy camper.

I did not know Barbara's death ruined Kent's future. That does suck, but I personally don't think Kent is a good actor at all, obviously not on par with the Felix, Michael, Simon, or Tony of the world. What series did he STAR in? He was almost always a supporting character. You can sit here and tell me Kent is a good actor and Barbara is not since its your oppinion but I think you will be one of the minority.
    1) I never said Kent is a good actor. All I said is Kent is an upcoming actor with a bright future. That is not the same as saying Kent is a good actor. Both him and Barbara were just decent actors, imho.

2) You only think I will be in the minority? Well, I can tell u for sure that I am in the minority regarding Barbara's acting. I'm already aware of this fact for a long time (how can I not after reading so many praises for Barbara's potrayal of Wong Yung in here?). But it still hasn't change my mind about Barbara's acting. I won't say she is great just because the majority say so.

Wong Yung's character is not an easy character to play since she is one of Jin YOng's most complex character. I didn't think her crying seens were that bad, the way her character is, her crying scenes were not intended to be heavy tear jerkers. Most of them infact are comedic, sassy, or whinny cries. Try watching all the LOCH adaptations and compare them with Barbara's performance, I think you will see a clear difference.
    1)I don't mean to say she has to cry like those taiwanese actresses to be realistic. Yeung Pan Pan's crying was not really that heavy duty either, but her crying seemed real to me. I really can feel her sadness. Yes, Wong Yung, is a sassy character, but she still has her sad moments. Even if her crying was supposed to be over petty issues or supposed to be whinny cry, it was still done when the character was supposed to be unhappy. So, it still need to look like she was really crying, but her crying was unrealistic. It's very fake.

2) I have seen 2/3 of LOCH83, all of LOCH94, and part of LOCH2003. Imho, Zhou Xun's Wong Yung is the best Wong Yung (yeah, I know I'm in the minority here too).

She is Shallin Tse Ling, Miss Hong Kong 1985.
    icic, thanks.

1) I never said Kent is a good actor. All I said is Kent is an upcoming actor with a bright future. That is not the same as saying Kent is a good actor. Both him and Barbara were just decent actors, imho.

2) You only think I will be in the minority? Well, I can tell u for sure that I am in the minority regarding Barbara's acting. I'm already aware of this fact for a long time (how can I not after reading so many praises for Barbara's potrayal of Wong Yung in here?). But it still hasn't change my mind about Barbara's acting. I won't say she is great just because the majority say so.

1)I don't mean to say she has to cry like those taiwanese actresses to be realistic. Yeung Pan Pan's crying was not really that heavy duty either, but her crying seemed real to me. I really can feel her sadness. Yes, Wong Yung, is a sassy character, but she still has her sad moments. Even if her crying was supposed to be over petty issues or supposed to be whinny cry, it was still done when the character was supposed to be unhappy. So, it still need to look like she was really crying, but her crying was unrealistic. It's very fake.

2) I have seen 2/3 of LOCH83, all of LOCH94, and part of LOCH2003. Imho, Zhou Xun's Wong Yung is the best Wong Yung (yeah, I know I'm in the minority here too).
    wow, how have you not finish LOCH83??? well, maybe you will change your mind when you finish watching the series. have you seen any of her other works?

wow, how have you not finish LOCH83??? well, maybe you will change your mind when you finish watching the series.
    Because I've lost interest in the series.

I've actually also lost interest in LOCH94 2/3 through the series, but I struggled through it because I want to know the whole story. I also chose to struggle through LOCH94 instead of LOCH83 because readers said LOCH94 is more faithful to the novel. Another controversial opinion: I think Julian Cheung's potrayal of Kwok Jing is better than Felix Wong's.

have you seen any of her other works?
    Yes, but too little to remember. The only series of hers I rewatch is LOCH83.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-12-05 at 06:54 AM.

Because I've lost interest in the series.

I've actually also lost interest in LOCH94 2/3 through the series, but I struggled through it because I want to know the whole story. I also chose to struggle through LOCH94 instead of LOCH83 because readers said LOCH94 is more faithful to the novel. Another controverial opinion: I think Julian Cheung's potrayal of Kwok Jing is better than Felix Wong's.

Yes, but too little to remember. The only series of hers I rewatch is LOCH83.

You just lost any bit of credibility you might have had.....

Default Chut Toi Sheung Kiu

Hello Kitty's Fan,

Is there any Kitty's fan out here? If so....I do have 2 websites to share with you. Here is the link:

http://data.yule.baidu.com/star/cons...3%D7%F9/1.html

http://www.geocities.com/kittyfanclub08/

*Here is a cute picture of Kitty in Chut Toi Sheung Kiu . Isn't she adorable?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kittyfanclub08/t6.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kittyfanclub08/fanclub7.JPG')
    Last edited by vivian2009; 04-20-09 at 03:16 AM. Reason: edit picture

If you watched Kent's cameo in the film "Police Story 1", then you would know how much Barbara's death affected Kent. He looked very bad and depressed in the film which was like less than one month after Barbara's death.

The thing about Barbara's death that affected Kent was that everyone thought he was cheating on her with Sandra Ng (probably was), and viewers did nto want to watch him anymore. He still keeps a close contact with Barbara's mum even till now, 20 years after her death. He is divorced once now and I think newly married to a much younger woman.

IMO, Barbara is a good actress for one who had no previous acting classes. I think the thing about her WY is that she was able to bring out the independence and quick wit out of the character naturally. I find in other versions, other more experienced actresses had no problems with the cuteness or with crying, but they lacked the strength of Wong Yung that Barbara was able to bring out.

As for Kent, I think he is a good actor, especially when he is acting as tragic villians. He doesn't do so well as protagonists, you go and watch that Five Tiger movie and Kent delivers the best performance out of the five.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    If you watched Kent's cameo in the film "Police Story 1", then you would know how much Barbara's death affected Kent. He looked very bad and depressed in the film which was like less than one month after Barbara's death.

The thing about Barbara's death that affected Kent was that everyone thought he was cheating on her with Sandra Ng (probably was), and viewers did nto want to watch him anymore. He still keeps a close contact with Barbara's mum even till now, 20 years after her death. He is divorced once now and I think newly married to a much younger woman.

IMO, Barbara is a good actress for one who had no previous acting classes. I think the thing about her WY is that she was able to bring out the independence and quick wit out of the character naturally. I find in other versions, other more experienced actresses had no problems with the cuteness or with crying, but they lacked the strength of Wong Yung that Barbara was able to bring out.

As for Kent, I think he is a good actor, especially when he is acting as tragic villians. He doesn't do so well as protagonists, you go and watch that Five Tiger movie and Kent delivers the best performance out of the five.
    Yea, he just recently got married a second time to a woman like 23 years younger than him and has twin daughters with her. I feel bad for Kent since it is not like he murdered Barbara. I just don't feel it is right for people to blame him for her death.

I personally think that Kent is a very good actor. I mean, he and Felix were the only 2 out of the 5 tigers that played both good and bad characters. I think that makes them more versatile. I really enjoyed his performance in Tian Xia Di Yi with Michelle Yip and the rest of the cast. Kent was even a producer for some series as well...

I am glad that he is doing well now and I just hope that people will stop blaming him for Barbara's death. It is now over 20 years now...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, he just recently got married a second time to a woman like 23 years younger than him and has twin daughters with her. I feel bad for Kent since it is not like he murdered Barbara. I just don't feel it is right for people to blame him for her death.

I personally think that Kent is a very good actor. I mean, he and Felix were the only 2 out of the 5 tigers that played both good and bad characters. I think that makes them more versatile. I really enjoyed his performance in Tian Xia Di Yi with Michelle Yip and the rest of the cast. Kent was even a producer for some series as well...

I am glad that he is doing well now and I just hope that people will stop blaming him for Barbara's death. It is now over 20 years now...
    Miu Kiu Wai and Andy Lau have played villains before, I thought. Well, for sure the antagonists. I'm not sure about Tony, though.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Miu Kiu Wai and Andy Lau have played villains before, I thought. Well, for sure the antagonists. I'm not sure about Tony, though.
    Really? They did?? In which series?? For Miu, I guess if you count Yeung Hong, he has played a villian. For Andy, I know he did in movies recently, but I don't think he played any villian roles in any series back then.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.