Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chut Toi Sheung Kiu (Tony Leung, Kitty Lai)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Really? They did?? In which series?? For Miu, I guess if you count Yeung Hong, he has played a villian. For Andy, I know he did in movies recently, but I don't think he played any villian roles in any series back then.
    Technically, Miu Kiu Wai was an antagonist in "The Foundation" and yes, I did count Yang Kang. It's not his fault he still looks suave and likable. And of course, in recent shows, he's evil in several as well. As for Andy, I was referring to some movie roles. Can't recall any in particular, but I think there have been some.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Miu usually played jerk roles rather than villian roles.

He was a jerk in "Summer Kisses Winter Tears", ""The Fate" and "The Yang's Saga".

But he played half-evil villians who betrayed his brothers in "LOCH 83" and "Legend of Master So".
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Technically, Miu Kiu Wai was an antagonist in "The Foundation" and yes, I did count Yang Kang. It's not his fault he still looks suave and likable. And of course, in recent shows, he's evil in several as well. As for Andy, I was referring to some movie roles. Can't recall any in particular, but I think there have been some.
    Oh yea,I almost forgot about the Foundation even though I have seen that series way too many times to count. I have not seen his recent series. Yea, Andy did not play any evil roles back then in series but he did in movies for sure. I heard about it but have not seen the movies since I don't really like Chinese movies in general.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Smile

Oh, I remember this series! I still re-watch it every now and then. I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Kitty and Hugo pairing more than the Tony and Shallin one. I recall thinking how suave and handsome Hugo looked in his long white gown. Such a chivalrous gentleman! His Hua Wuque's devotion and love for Kitty's Tie Xinlan was so romantic. He protected her like a gallant knight and patiently waited for her to one day fall in love with him.

i love this version the best. good casting, really funny, and its straight to the point without dragging anything. the jimmy lin and dicky cheung versions are cool but they focus too much on nonsense characters, and drag too much drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    i love this version the best. good casting, really funny, and its straight to the point without dragging anything. the jimmy lin and dicky cheung versions are cool but they focus too much on nonsense characters, and drag too much drama.
    Plus Dicky Cheung has become too old for the character of Xiao Yu Er. Although this version might not be completely accurate with the novel, I liked this better.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just rewatched this series too, and I didn't like it as much as I did back in the days. I wasn't feeling the couples didn't really root for anyone. anyhow it was nice to see Tony and Hugo. Hugo stop acting in series I guess, haven't seen him since treasure raider.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I just rewatched this series too, and I didn't like it as much as I did back in the days. I wasn't feeling the couples didn't really root for anyone. anyhow it was nice to see Tony and Hugo. Hugo stop acting in series I guess, haven't seen him since treasure raider.
    That's not true. I recently saw a newly released series on Yesasia and he was in it. It was an ancient heavenly story.IT is great to see Hugo again...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think Hugo does mainland series now, there was a drama with him and Athena chu in it.
    I thought this was a good series but I really felt bad for the princess played by Euginia Lau (I think that's her name, lau mei guen or something). Thought it was sad that she loved hugo's character but he didn't like him. then Eddie Kwan's character was only using her =(

I also read somewhere that Hugo became a director but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I also read somewhere that Hugo became a director but I'm not sure.
    Actually, Hugo has been quite active in Yu Zheng dramas lately. HE often works with Kent Tong and Kent's brother.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Is Kent Tong still acting? I heard he runs a business.

I think Hugo is a very good actor. He also plays a very good villain. Glad to hear he is still acting.

Is Kent Tong still acting? I heard he runs a business.

I think Hugo is a very good actor. He also plays a very good villain. Glad to hear he is still acting.
    Kent Tong is also quite active in Mainland China. He does run a (?) health food business but not to sure if he is making a profit. But he has played many dad roles of main characters or emperor roles in recent series.

I love Hugo, handsome hero roles, nasty gritty villain roles, even if he played crazy roles. It just showed more range in his acting. I never really got why TVB stopped promoting Hugo back in the 1990's. I heard it was some contract issue that TVB had with Hugo and then they took him off all projects and then stuck him in annoying roles the audience hates. But I thought Hugo was a great male lead or villain. he always seemed to steal the scenes.

Canti Lau has also been a bit more active in the Mainland Chinese series during recent years as well. Nathan Chan Ting Wai has had offers to appear but keeps rejecting them due to his businesses.
    Cyril Connolly

I think Canti Lau and David Siu was talking about how problems with hong kong entertainment. They were unhappy at tvb I think. Im not sure what happen to Canti, he had a few lead roles then he just started getting minor roles.

I think the last time I saw hugo was in legendary ranger and yes he was so evil. The last good role he had I think was the jade fox.

As for Kent tong, I think he plays a better villain. He was a very boring and annoying prince in my opinion.

I also thought the lady who played Eugina's mom in this series was very pretty, it seems like she always gets roles were she is not so smart and her costumes are not that pretty.

I really like kitty lai's costume as well in this series.

I think Canti Lau and David Siu was talking about how problems with hong kong entertainment. They were unhappy at tvb I think. Im not sure what happen to Canti, he had a few lead roles then he just started getting minor roles.
    Canti Lau's career was ruined by the bad publicity cause by Joe Ni's false allegations. The young readers of the YES magazine believed that Canti was a sleazy, womanizing pervert and started to boycott him. TVB froze him right after "Shades of Darkness" as the see lais were no longer happy with him. Then did a few cheap movie roles, and then headed off to Taiwan. I think there are people looking out him in China (maybe old TVB connections), asking to appear in some small roles which had reminded people of who he is and he is getting more offers. I am seeing more of him and I am happy that he is well and at peace with the Joe Ni incident.

As for David Siu, he was unhappy that TVB kept on making him second male lead despite his efforts. He initially was content to wait his turn and play supporting to the likes of Sean Lau, Francis Ng, etc.. who were one class before him. But then TVB started to pass him over to support Louis Koo, Julian Cheng, Leo Koo, Gallen Lo, etc and he just had enough. He went to ATV for a few years then went to China to open some businesses (David comes from a well-to-do family so he has more options as compared to poor Canti).

Both actors have the looks and the acting skills but sadly, they never got the luck to make it big. I love both of their works. And I like Canti's singing. It is a shame.

As for Kent tong, I think he plays a better villain. He was a very boring and annoying prince in my opinion.
    I think the problems with Kent Tong is not that he cannot act well, but he does not have the juicy roles to make him shine. Firstly, he did not look very manly and was always shoved into weak, frail roles versus Felix Wong who was given all the physical hero roles (though I loved him as the villain Lee Mut in "The Grand Canal"). He was not as dashing and charismatic as Miu Kiu Wai. Then the Barbara incident happened and he got hateful roles. TVB used him a backdrop and never really aim to promote him like they did for Andy Lau and Tony Leung. But when he started to do movies, he was really irritating and realistic as a villain and cast off his scholarly look.

But while Andy Lau, Tony Leung and Michael Miu still quite hot for their age (Felix looks tired but not too bad). Kent looks comparatively more haggard and rounder so he has been mainly cast in dad roles now.
    Cyril Connolly

I also thought the lady who played Eugina's mom in this series was very pretty, it seems like she always gets roles were she is not so smart and her costumes are not that pretty.

I really like kitty lai's costume as well in this series.
    Eugina's mum was played by Lam Yi Kei, who was a 2nd runner up in Miss HK back in the 80's. She was pretty but not the traditional beauty so she was not promoted. I think she got one major role in this little known series called "Tin Gei" which was nice. But she can act well and she is still with TVB now in "Come Home Love". She married a high-ranking policeman and only acts for fun.

BTW, did you hear that Hugo had a major crush on Maggie Chan Mei Kei back in the days of "The Serpentine Romance"?
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Eugina's mum was played by Lam Yi Kei, who was a 2nd runner up in Miss HK back in the 80's. She was pretty but not the traditional beauty so she was not promoted. I think she got one major role in this little known series called "Tin Gei" which was nice. But she can act well and she is still with TVB now in "Come Home Love". She married a high-ranking policeman and only acts for fun.

BTW, did you hear that Hugo had a major crush on Maggie Chan Mei Kei back in the days of "The Serpentine Romance"?
    I heard about that, people were wondering about her and found out her husband was a high ranking police. I thought she was really good. I thought she was really pretty in blood of good and evil also. But yeh underrated.

Chan mei kei sounds very familiar but I cannot put a face to the name.

I really like canti lau and david siu. I think they are both very good actors. Wow you know a lot, I never knew what happen to david and canti. What was the false allegations about? That he was playing with woman? I'm glad canti is doing better now, the last time I saw him was a series with Vivian chow and thief of honor but he had a minor role.
    I heard he was in sword stain with royal blood (china production)

As for David, I thought he was pretty famous back then but yeh I think after the link I didn't see him anymore. I did see him in atv's justice pao in one of the cases with gilbert lam. But yeh I heard he retires and runs a car shop or something.

Kent had some good roles with ATV. Yeh I remember in the Tigers, he was the only villain while the other four were good guys. It was very different and exciting to see felix in grand canal play a villain since im so used to seeing him play kwok jing and the monk where he wasn't smart and got his martial arts by luck.

feel like we are going off topic from this thread hehhee.... Growing up, this was one of my favorite series. I thought tony was very funny. I used to get so scared when wong wan choi falls into the pit with all the rats. I felt bad for his character because he really love that lady who loves Michael. The part where the princess sends that guy to kill kitty was scary too. I just remember a lot of frogs surround that dude. It's been very long time since I've seen this series. Was this eddie Kwan's first series?