Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Xiao Feng vs. ZSF

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    You're trying to label Z3F as theoretical scientist. I'm trying to say that Z3F is more of an engineer.
    Yes, I do think he's more of a scientist, which is aligned with what we know about him from the novel: Jin Yong consistently emphasized his theoretical expertise much more than his practitioner side (which got almost no mention), so I believe what Jin Yong had in mind was a great philosopher and experimental scientist, not in particular a strong practitioner -- which is not to say he's not a good practitioner, it's just not his strongest point.

An engineer has to APPLY (the key word) his theoretical knowledge into practice. That means implementation is every bit as important as the theoretical design.
    But you haven't shown which characteristics that Zhang Sanfeng has demonstrated in the novel inform us that he's like an engineer.

I don't go around proclaiming that Xiao Feng is like an engineer when most evidence in the novel indicate he's a technologist.

Think of Z3F's 100+ years as his lab practice.
    Lab practice which has not been translated into combat experience.

His taijiquan is the ultimate product of his theoretical knowledge and 100 years of practical experience.
    The novel implied that Zhang Sanfeng hasn't fought anyone in combat for 20+ years, so that's hardly 100 years of practical experience.

Seriously, can you think of any other fighter (besides Sweeper Monk, Dugu Qiubai or Bodhidharma) that is a master at both the theoretical and practical? It's either you're very good at the theoretical principles and poor at implementing it, or you're very poor in the theoretical principles but good at implementing it. It's very rare to master BOTH the theoretical and the practical.
    Sure; Huang Yaoshi, Yang Guo, and Zhou Botong come to mind. They didn't create as many martial arts as Zhang Sanfeng, and they can't quite compete with Xiao Feng as the God of Fighting, but they are well-rounded in both arenas.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-15-09 at 01:47 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    If you told me to choose one, I believe ZSF would win. In terms of raw power, XF is stronger. But in terms of internal energy, XF is way behind, like as much as 4 levels. The internal energy should be enough to make it up and possibly go over.
    4 levels behind?!?! Dude you gotta be kidding me. This is serious underrating of Xiao Feng. If Xiao Feng had that low level of internal he'll never be able to even stand up to any Great and I don't think anyone would agree that he's inferior to the Greats. He can only be equal or stronger.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 11-05-10 at 01:21 AM.

Xiao Feng win without doubt except from Guo Jing/Yang Guo no one Condor Greats can rivalled DGSD Elites..