Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes among Heroes

Default Heroes among Heroes

If you were to rank the JY characters base on heroic deeds. How would your list look like?

1.XF
    2.GJ
    3.YG
    4.ZWJ

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    1.XF
    2.GJ
    3.YG
    4.ZWJ
    Can you list the heroic deeds XF did? I know he did alot but it kinda suprise me he did more than GJ.

He stopped the khitan king to rage war against China and because of that alot of lives was saved.

1.) GJ
    2.) XF
    3.) ZWJ

1. GJ (Dedicated the last half of his life defending against the Mongols, and died)
    2. XF (Committed suicide to prevent bloodshed but he only did it in one occasion)
    3. YG (This guy moves up in my list because of ROCH third edition)
    4. ZWJ (This guy ran away with a girl....)
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    1. GJ (Dedicated the last half of his life defending against the Mongols, and died)
    2. XF (Committed suicide to prevent bloodshed but he only did it in one occasion)
    3. YG (This guy moves up in my list because of ROCH third edition)
    4. ZWJ (This guy ran away with a girl....)
    Did you rank them according to the effect of their actions or the amount/quantity of heroic deeds?

I'm not too familiar with ROCH, but I believe YG did plenty of good during the 16 years when he was waiting for XLN. That's the reason he was known as Condor Hero (shen diao da xia), right? If we take into account his actions then besides his relatively awesome feats at the close of ROCH, would he move up the ranks?

XF did plenty for the Song/Han people when he was leading the beggars. In addition, he saved the lives of tens of thousands of Liao soldiers when he curbed the Khitan uprising in the middle of the story. Not to mention his sacrifice at the end, which not only saved all those people and soldiers then, but also many lives in time to come when he made the Liao Emperor promise never to invade Song Dynasty during his lifetime. Would all these make him on par with GJ?

As for ZWJ, he saved many lives at Brightness Peak, at the tower (Dadu). I think that's all? Was there something about him leading those wulin folks against Mongolians near the end of the story (sorry, have forgotten much of the book, plus all those adaptations have clouded my memory)? But based on these actions, I agree that they don't seem much compared to what the other 3 did.

As for GJ, nothing much to add, the man's simply great. Plus I'm really not versed in LOCH/ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Can you list the heroic deeds XF did? I know he did alot but it kinda suprise me he did more than GJ.
    1. took 4 knife stabs for the beggar elders even thou they betrayed and tried to kill him
    2.willingly left beggar clan so as not to cause an internal conflict
    3.went back to save the beggars from yi ping tang even after what they did to him
    4.risked his *** to save a girl he hardly knew in zui xian zuang even when he knows everyone there wants to kill him
    5.absolutely fearless and doesnt back down from a fight even thou his opponents are stronger/ outnumbered
    6.wasted a few hundred men with basic moves, and even held back initially cus he didnt want to spill blood.
    7.willing to give his worst enemies a fair fight. (he didnt try to kill duan zhenchun in his sleep back then unlike lesser men*cough yangguo cough*, he gave him a fair fight)
    8. took on the liao rebellion army and saved his elder brothers throne
    9.put the welbeing of other above his own personal vendetta.(he didnt accept murong bo's offer even thou he knew the odds are against him)
    10.he was still respectful towards the liao emperor even after he was betrayed
    11. ended his own life to stop a war between song and liao

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    1. took 4 knife stabs for the beggar elders even thou they betrayed and tried to kill him
    3.went back to save the beggars from yi ping tang even after what they did to him
    4.risked his *** to save a girl he hardly knew in zui xian zuang even when he knows everyone there wants to kill him
    5.absolutely fearless and doesnt back down from a fight even thou his opponents are stronger/ outnumbered
    6.wasted a few hundred men with basic moves, and even held back initially cus he didnt want to spill blood.
    7.willing to give his worst enemies a fair fight. (he didnt try to kill duan zhenchun in his sleep back then unlike lesser men*cough yangguo cough*, he gave him a fair fight)
    9.put the welbeing of other above his own personal vendetta.(he didnt accept murong bo's offer even thou he knew the odds are against him)
    some of them don't really represent heroic deeds, but more revealing the strength of his character. But the rest are good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    Those are very significant deeds. I think you can make a case for XF or GJ. I think I favor GJ because he is willing to put his life on the line and made it his least priority. Things that he would put above his life includes.

1.) his country
    2.) his family
    3.) his friends and coleagues
    4.) his teachers
    4.) his morals and his beliefs

I think GJ's character, his life, and achievements is what defines a hero. GJ's picture should be in the webster's dictionary under the word "hero". Maybe a mongolian guy shooting a bow/arrow of some sort.

Man Yang Guo is cool but your constant brown nosing of him makes me want to throw up.
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMan
    Man Yang Guo is cool but your constant brown nosing of him makes me want to throw up.
    Wow, I didn't even say anything about Yeung Gor in this thread. Yet, you feel I'm brown nosing him. haha I underestimated my own powers.

Shen diao Da xia is a Xia, and a Xia is not a Hero. There's a reason why these are two different words: da xia and ying xiong.

A hero among heroes is supposedly someone even more extraordinary than heroes. Only XF would be suitable for such a title. GJ is a textbook hero. ZWJ is a hero for uniting wulin (which is very important in uniting China).
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Shen diao Da xia is a Xia, and a Xia is not a Hero. There's a reason why these are two different words: da xia and ying xiong.

A hero among heroes is supposedly someone even more extraordinary than heroes. Only XF would be suitable for such a title. GJ is a textbook hero. ZWJ is a hero for uniting wulin (which is very important in uniting China).
    What would be the best word for xia?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    What would be the best word for xia?
    a lesser hero maybe ?

RE Temujin:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"2. XF (Committed suicide to prevent bloodshed but he only did it in one occasion)

How many occassions do you want him to commit suicide?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    RE Temujin:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"2. XF (Committed suicide to prevent bloodshed but he only did it in one occasion)

At least 2 to deserve true respect.

RE Temujin:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. maybe sweeps can revive him, then he can go suicide again. that makes it 2. its possible in the jy universe

RE Temujin:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My argument regarding GJ and XF ranking :

GJ fought against Mongols since the end of LOCH, despite a 12 year break, he did dedicated more than half of his life fighting the Mongol invasion. Though the result is not as satisfactory and evident as Xiao Feng's accomplishment, he did sacrifice a lot more, even his wife and son died. He knew from the beginning that the all could be invain, yet he did it anway because he is a true hero and would sacrifice everything for his country, even his family and himself.

XF on the hand, was only caught at the moment, was it his intention from the very beginning to die in front of the Song fortress and invading Qidan army. The answer is NO. Did he sacrifice most of his life fighting the invasion and knew from the beginning that his life would be sacrificed ? The answer is no. Though the impact of his suicide and heroism is more evident and profound, his sacrifice is not as tremendous as Guo Jing.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Oh, no, I totally understand the point you were trying to make. I just thought your way of making it was funny