Thread: do tVB need to change how their awards are presented ???

Default do tVB need to change how their awards are presented ???

come each october..TVB annivesary, voting begins and awards will be distributed to their artistes

i think the way in which awards are given and how the voting system works need to change. For example..the top series for that year in terms of ratings will definitely win an award. I am not refferring to the role that was played by which artiste.
    they should give awards out to the top 10 series which were broadcasted during that year and should be based on highest ratings. Or even get a mention as its not just the efforts of artistes themselves but also those "behind the scenes" gets recognised.
    or even when the best female/male artiste..there should be a winner, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner up etc.

any more ideas?

i agree wit you, i think that instead of jus giving one a award dey should give like 1st 2nd 3rd, but maybe tvb doesn't hav enough money to make so many awards..??

Default tvb changes

i read that there are to be changes in the awards anniversary..the focus is on the awards itself and reducing the number of performances where artistes dance & sing like previous years.

the people who work behind the scenes like directors/writers will be also given credit too . i hope there be more emphasis on awards like best actor/actress - like winner, 2nd runner up the 3rd runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    come each october..TVB annivesary, voting begins and awards will be distributed to their artistes

i think the way in which awards are given and how the voting system works need to change. For example..the top series for that year in terms of ratings will definitely win an award. I am not refferring to the role that was played by which artiste.
    they should give awards out to the top 10 series which were broadcasted during that year and should be based on highest ratings. Or even get a mention as its not just the efforts of artistes themselves but also those "behind the scenes" gets recognised.
    or even when the best female/male artiste..there should be a winner, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner up etc.

any more ideas?

yup! by the way voting doesn't start until November 1st and the airing of the anniversary is on November 19. i really don't think TVB cares about the votes they just choose the people.. haha...
    currently in love with: Moses Chan and Bernice Liu

Translation by Fuzzybear http://forums.cinple.net/newtvb/index.cgi?read=234953
    orisun

Brief translation (Source : Orisun.com)

Since the audience nowadays are more interested in the awards rather than the performances during the anniversary show, TVB now plans to cut down on the performances and make it more of an awards show like the Emmys.

Other changes include the titles of the awards - Fave Actor/Actress will become Best Actor/Actress, Most Improved = Best Newcomer, Extraordinary Actor/Actress = Best Supporting Actor/Actress. Because of JITP's popularity, TVB also plans to have awards for non-TVB-produced series and hopes to get JITP's lead actress Li Ying Ai to attend.

Lastly, TVB will also give out awards to behind-the-scene personnel to recognise their efforts. The show will now be telecast live to all countries where TVB series are available for rental.

Translation by Jack http://forums.cinple.net/newtvb/index.cgi?read=234950

TVB 38th Anniversary is fast approaching and every year the anniversary awards always grab the most attention and even make numerous headlines. Therefore, this year TVB will change the anniversary into an award type ceremony and will limit the performances (e.g. singing, dancing, skits, etc). As a result, TVB will also change the name of the awards from "Favorite Actor/Actress" to "Best Actor/Actress" to closely mirror the film awards. Other awards include "Best Newcomer", "Best Supporting Actor/Actress" as well as awards to recognize the producer and the writers behind the series!!

---toomanysidesofme at www.asianfanatics.net
    toomanysidesofme

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

any more ideas?

um ... i can't agree b/c this wouldn't be very fair. first of all, the time slot of each series plays an important role on how high the ratings are. for example the 7pm shows might not be as high since a lot of people usually aren't off work yet thus affecting the numbers.

i remember "wars of gender" is still consider the highest rated series and Dayo mentioned something about, "this is quite amazing since we don't have the more popular time slot." (i'm guessing - not directly quoted by Dayo Wong)

Regardless, the awards are based upon inner promotions of the management staff.. the audience really doesn't have much of a say in it!

but shows/series that gets noticable attention tend to receive big awards =)

Quote Originally Posted by infinity6424
    Translation by Fuzzybear http://forums.cinple.net/newtvb/index.cgi?read=234953
    orisun

Brief translation (Source : Orisun.com)

Since the audience nowadays are more interested in the awards rather than the performances during the anniversary show, TVB now plans to cut down on the performances and make it more of an awards show like the Emmys.

Other changes include the titles of the awards - Fave Actor/Actress will become Best Actor/Actress, Most Improved = Best Newcomer, Extraordinary Actor/Actress = Best Supporting Actor/Actress. Because of JITP's popularity, TVB also plans to have awards for non-TVB-produced series and hopes to get JITP's lead actress Li Ying Ai to attend.

Lastly, TVB will also give out awards to behind-the-scene personnel to recognise their efforts. The show will now be telecast live to all countries where TVB series are available for rental.

Translation by Jack http://forums.cinple.net/newtvb/index.cgi?read=234950

TVB 38th Anniversary is fast approaching and every year the anniversary awards always grab the most attention and even make numerous headlines. Therefore, this year TVB will change the anniversary into an award type ceremony and will limit the performances (e.g. singing, dancing, skits, etc). As a result, TVB will also change the name of the awards from "Favorite Actor/Actress" to "Best Actor/Actress" to closely mirror the film awards. Other awards include "Best Newcomer", "Best Supporting Actor/Actress" as well as awards to recognize the producer and the writers behind the series!!

---toomanysidesofme at www.asianfanatics.net
    Yeah.. I think that's how it should be, mirroring the Emmys in America and the Television Drama Award in Japan.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Well these awards are not that important, we all know that they are fixed. Its a given fact that only the TVB managed artist will win the big awards, so its neither difficult to determine the winners. Its just all a charade to garner more advertising money.

By the way these anniversary shows were not like this in the past i saw a TVB anniversary show from 92 and there were only singers singing and stuff but no awards whatsoever. In my opinion there should be an independant organisation which determines the winners for best actors and so on for hk television in general that means series from cable and atv should be allowed too. That would give more credibility and meaning to an award than these semi-phoney awards by TVB.
    shin chan

IMO a lot of "newcomer" awards are given tothose that tvb it self wants tomake them a star this is especially true when a potential brother or sister just pops up

well this si just my opinion what do u guys think??

a good example would belast year shirley young in charlie angle -3d i mean come on man there were better actress then her in that same period that did better actingin other series

by the way this is just myopinion i don'tmean to offend any body