Thread: The Best kung fu in LOCH, ROCH, HSDS

Default The Best kung fu in LOCH, ROCH, HSDS

I'm curious. There has never been a clear best kung fu. 9 Yang is better than 9 Yin internally; however it's weaker in terms of outer. Former world 1's Xian Tian Gong we have no statistics though it should be strong because from the way JY DESCRIBED (not said), South Monk had the strongest internal (note, this is after 1st Hua moutain). Then there's Dragon's 18 Palm, but Sad Palm rivals it. Then there's Shaolin's Jin gong jin (sorry, not sure how to directly translate it) or gold metal jin that has tons of great outer kung fu. There is also the west side QKDLY which is alwesome. Naturally according to book, 9 Yang, 9Yin, Demonic are suppose to be the strongest. 9 Yang for internal. 9 Yin mainly for outer matched with top part. Demonic, I guess just pure unstoppable power. So what you guys think?

Don't forget the Golden Wheel Monk's Lung Jeung Bor Yeh Gung. That martial art was incredibly powerful as well.

I call it a three-way tie among the 9 Yum Jen Ging, the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, and Dook Goo Kau Bai's sword techniques myself, although the last of these three lacks the versatility of the other two. Dook Goo Kau Bai's martial arts were designed strictly for fighting; no healing or other non-combat survival tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I'm curious. There has never been a clear best kung fu. 9 Yang is better than 9 Yin internally; however it's weaker in terms of outer.
    9 Yang being better 9 Yin in internal energy was only stated in the 1st Edition. That entire passage had be completely cut in the 2nd Edition, along with the discussion about Chen XuanFeng.

Default Well

Well, that's what I have 1st edition

Default However

Even if it is as you said that 9 Yang was only stronger in the 1st edition. Doesn't the way they describe the internal energy(9Yin upper) GJ and the internal energy(9Yang) of ZWJ make ZWJ stronger? Of course, I'm talking about when GJ was at the end of LOCH and ZWJ in HSDS. ZWJ's 9 Yang internal energy seems to shock everyone. Even Left Yang Shiao and the Bat king said that Yang Ding Tian was even close to ZWJ. When ZWJ first made an appearance, when he first talked(because of sound stuff), it shocked everyone. Also ZSF himself was shocked when he first met this "person" GJ on the other hand, though people like OYF and Iron Palm dude admit he has strong internal energy, but we really don't ever hear people say WOW like the way they did to ZWJ. So the way they say it make 9 Yang look stronger than 9 Yin. As for Demonic, I think it has the best "pure" power, probably even stronger than Dragon's 18 Palm when fully mastered the wood sword stage. But it is by far the least versatile.
    Last edited by Whsie; 09-10-05 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Even if it is as you said that 9 Yang was only stronger in the 1st edition. Doesn't the way they describe the internal energy(9Yin upper) GJ and the internal energy(9Yang) of ZWJ make ZWJ stronger? Of course, I'm talking about when GJ was at the end of LOCH and ZWJ in HSDS. ZWJ's 9 Yang internal energy seems to shock everyone. Even Left Yang Shiao and the Bat king said that Yang Ding Tian was even close to ZWJ. When ZWJ first made an appearance, when he first talked(because of sound stuff), it shocked everyone. Also ZSF himself was shocked when he first met this "person" GJ on the other hand, though people like OYF and Iron Palm dude admit he has strong internal energy, but we really don't ever hear people say WOW like the way they did to ZWJ. So the way they say it make 9 Yang look stronger than 9 Yin. As for Demonic, I think it has the best "pure" power, probably even stronger than Dragon's 18 Palm when fully mastered the wood sword stage. But it is by far the least versatile.
    Gwok Jing and Cheung Mo Gei's circumstances were very different, however. From age 15-20, Gwok Jing was busy either training in more basic martial arts (i.e. Gong Nam 7 Freaks), running for his life, or fighting dangerous enemies. There was no time for him to engage in any focused study or practice of the 9 Yum Jen Ging. He had practiced portions of the 9 Yum Jen Ging in fits and snatches for about a year or year and a half by the end of LOCH. Cheung Mo Gei, on the other hand, had five completely uninterrupted years (he literally had nothing else to do) to study and practice the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, and even got an artificial boost from being trapped in the Can't Say Monk's bag while generating inner energy at Gwong Ming Peak. Taking all this into consideration, we can't look at Gwok Jing and Cheung Mo Gei at age twenty and conclude that the 9 Yeung Jen Ging is necessarily better than the 9 Yum Jen Ging...even just in the inner power aspect (although I do think the 9 Yeung might indeed be somewhat better in this aspect).

Default Yes

Hm, True, very true, I never thought about that, but one mistake in your answer was that it was 6 years not 5 years. It took 4month,8month,1year,4year, to learn each of the parts.