+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 160

Thread: Da Han Tian Zi III - Starring Huang Xiao Ming

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaule
    The casting at the end I wasn't able to see very well either, furthermore, my Chinese is not all that good. I can not read the actress' name. It's something An. The answer to all of your questions was that of the very same person, Gou Yi Fu Ren (the mother of Liu Fuo Ling, who was enthroned at the age of 8 after Liu Che died). Liu Che ordered her to be put to death before he died to secure his son's enthronement.

    So: 1) It was Gou Yi Fu Ren before she enter the palace.
    2)Liu Che was marrying Gou Yi Fu Ren
    3)It was Gou Yi Fu Ren hugging the Prince ( I think it was her scheme).
    4)Gou Yi Fu Ren and Jiang Chong conspired to frame the Prince.

    thanks...I don't need to know her real name...that's not important, I was just trying to see what roles these actresses' were playing so I can differentiate them.
    who is this Gou Yi Fu Ren? why did Liu Che married her?

  2. #82
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    According to the history, Liu Che married Gou Yi Fu Ren when he was at least 50 something. You know how the emperors are. They always tend to look for beautiful and young females when the older ones got older and not as beautiful anymore. This Gou Yi Fu Ren also has a special birth mark on her hand that look like a hook or something, hence the tittle Gou Yi Fu Ren. I do not remember clearly whether there was any Daoist that said something regarding her birthmark that made Liu Che decided to marry her or not but there probably was for Liu Che was extremely superstitous in his old age. I don't know what will be the reason to make Liu Che marry her besides thinking she is beautiful in this third part.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Thanks Chaule.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Hi Chau,

    I miss you guys badly, so have decided to go back up the net again. I'm always amazed at how much you know about Jiao Zhu and all the things and history that he's concerned with. That's really quite an interesting bit of info you have on Gou Yi Fu Ren.

    I'm just watching Pai An Jing Qi at the moment. HXM really has a really good screen presence in here. When he doesn't have those evil expressions on his face, you'd really think he's a good person in here. I like both Alec and Jiao Zhu having good martial arts skills and the ladies too. Hee hee

    Hmm, I don't think Jiao Zhu particularly cares about his fashion style so much. He always dresses to reflect his personality, but when he wears clothes, he wears them really well. He has a certain dignity, almost regality which makes anything he wears look good. I think he'd look good without that overcoat in the pic with FBB. Perhaps the weather is too cold. I do that too during winter times. Jiao Zhu looks a lot better in ancient clothes rather than modern ones. I believe it's because his depth of character, his stability as a person stands out more in periodic clothes.

    I hope the show does some highlight on Han Wu Di's achievements as an emperor. The script for DH II is very dramatic, but I feel hasn't done justice to HWD. There are so many things in history that the story didn't touch.

    And I hope the ending for Da Han III is not too sad, or else I'd cry.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Hi all,

    There is an interview clip with HXM posted at ROCH thread. its a very long interview about 25 mins..good stuff..do check it out.

  6. #86
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Hi Chau,

    I miss you guys badly, so have decided to go back up the net again. I'm always amazed at how much you know about Jiao Zhu and all the things and history that he's concerned with. That's really quite an interesting bit of info you have on Gou Yi Fu Ren.

    I'm just watching Pai An Jing Qi at the moment. HXM really has a really good screen presence in here. When he doesn't have those evil expressions on his face, you'd really think he's a good person in here. I like both Alec and Jiao Zhu having good martial arts skills and the ladies too. Hee hee

    Hmm, I don't think Jiao Zhu particularly cares about his fashion style so much. He always dresses to reflect his personality, but when he wears clothes, he wears them really well. He has a certain dignity, almost regality which makes anything he wears look good. I think he'd look good without that overcoat in the pic with FBB. Perhaps the weather is too cold. I do that too during winter times. Jiao Zhu looks a lot better in ancient clothes rather than modern ones. I believe it's because his depth of character, his stability as a person stands out more in periodic clothes.

    I hope the show does some highlight on Han Wu Di's achievements as an emperor. The script for DH II is very dramatic, but I feel hasn't done justice to HWD. There are so many things in history that the story didn't touch.

    And I hope the ending for Da Han III is not too sad, or else I'd cry.
    Nefertari, welcome back. I'm very glad you decided to return.

    I too agree that Jiao Zhu looks best in ancient costumes. He looks especially stand out.

    Yes, DH did not do HWD justice at all. The script seems to be more concentrate on HWD's faults as a person.

    Da Han III seems to be very dramatic. I think you'll have to prepare Klenex when you watch this one.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    When's the show going to air on TV, or is it airing now?

    Chaule, I don't think I'd like the ending. It's so sad and depressing reading about the synopsis. Why can't they show more of the emperor's brilliancy, rather than his foolishness. After all, HWD is the greatest emperor in the Han Dynasty right?

    I didn't like seeing Jiao Zhu with these over-emphasized faults. I'm sure HWD is a much smarter person than the show intends. Did HWD become superstitous because he's senile, or he did that consciously?

  8. #88
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    The last time I heard, they plan to broadcast by year end. Don't know exactly when.

    Yes, me too. I can't keep myself from thinking the writer of this series does not like Han Wu Di. Or else he wouldn't be just portrait Han Wu Di like that. In my opinion, he not only just concentrate on his foolishness he also seems to put all of Han Wu Di's credits on others.

    Han Wu Di became superstitous because he was seniled, but not completely. For he realized it later on, eventhough a little too late, and took measures to make up for them.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    It was sad enough his HWD's wife and son had to die before he realised his mistakes. I pity WZF. She seems a great lady, both in the show and history.

    I hope this show is worthed the watch.

    Keep up to to date with any new findings with the show. So, what's Jiao Zhu doing now?

  10. #90
    Senior Member uchikake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    It was sad enough his HWD's wife and son had to die before he realised his mistakes. I pity WZF. She seems a great lady, both in the show and history.

    I hope this show is worthed the watch.

    Keep up to to date with any new findings with the show. So, what's Jiao Zhu doing now?
    HXM is filming Yeh Yan (Night Banquet) in Beijing now. Yeh Yan's story resembles Hamlet -- the royal conflicts. The production just started in September this year and promises a helfty line of major stars including Zhang Ziyi, Zhou Xun, Daniel Wu, Ge You, Ma Jingwu, and Huang Xiaoming.
    Is this series, HXM holds an important supporting role but he isn't the main cast. He'll play the son of the minister (Ma Jingwu). It's supposedly a villain role. Zhang Ziyi plays the empress, Zhou Xun the princess, and Daniel Wu the crowned prince.

    I think the filming industry in the main land is really expanding and gaining popularity. Perhaps because of the investments that they put in to the projects.
    Yeh Yan is estimated a 20M USD.

  11. #91
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Here's the d/l link of the opening ceremony of Yeh Yan
    Last edited by chaule; 10-05-05 at 12:51 PM.

  12. #92
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    It was sad enough his HWD's wife and son had to die before he realised his mistakes. I pity WZF. She seems a great lady, both in the show and history.

    I hope this show is worthed the watch.

    Keep up to to date with any new findings with the show. So, what's Jiao Zhu doing now?
    Yes, WZF was a good person. I pitied her too.

    I sure will post any news I find on this show. I'm looking forward to this show.

  13. #93
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    what is this series about? Does HXM and Ady end together?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  14. #94
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Don't know if you know anything about Da Han Tian Zi I & II? This series is the third and final part. This third part is about Han Wu Di when he's about 40 years old. At this time, he's very superstitous and suspicous. There was a man name Jiang Chong who pretend to be the student of Dong Fang Suo, a well learned strategist whom Han Wu Di respect a lot and always trying to look for him, to get the emperor's trust and confidence. He conspires with Lady Gou Ge to over thrown the Crown Prince. He uses the emperor's believe in Daoist and magics. He claims that the Crown Prince and others are trying to cast spell on the emperor by using the dolls. Han Wu Di believes him and ordered the Crown Prince and others arrested. The result was the death of many people, including the Princess, the Crown Prince, and the Queen. Only then that Han Wu Di realizes his mistakes, but it was too late.

    In here, Ady will not be with Jiao Zhu. She plays the Crown Prince's lover, I think.

  15. #95
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    I heard that this series is about the Han dynasty, but who does HXM play?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  16. #96
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I heard that this series is about the Han dynasty, but who does HXM play?
    He plays emperor Han Wu Di (Liu Che).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  17. #97
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default Da Han III has started broadcasting already.

    Good news. Da Han Tian Zi III started being broadcast on Wen Zhou (溫州 ) TV Station from Jan 29th. Two episodes a day.

    Guess we will be able to see it soon, about the same time as ROCH or even before maybe?

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Anyone finished the show yet? Can't believe this thread is falling back, so decided to post and bring it to the front.

  19. #99
    Senior Member chaule's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Anyone finished the show yet? Can't believe this thread is falling back, so decided to post and bring it to the front.
    Still no news on the DVD release yet. I'm still waiting for it. I missed Jiao Zhu's emperor gestures already.

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaule
    Still no news on the DVD release yet. I'm still waiting for it. I missed Jiao Zhu's emperor gestures already.
    Funny, it should be release already since its been airing some time in China. wonder how's the ratings?

Similar Threads

  1. Huang Xiao Ming
    By chocolate in forum Actors
    Replies: 2591
    Last Post: 02-22-13, 02:24 PM
  2. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 02-28-09, 07:42 AM
  3. Ming Dao vs Huang Xiao Ming
    By yooong7 in forum Actors
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-07, 02:32 PM
  4. Fu Xing Gao Zhao Zhu Ba Jie starring Fan Bing Bing, Huang Hai Bo, Han Xue
    By Arya Svit-kona in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-21-06, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts