Thread: Which wuxia heroes would have been great wuxia villains?

Default Which wuxia heroes would have been great wuxia villains?

Which wuxia heroes, if we stripped them of their morality, had the potential to be great wuxia villains?

I sometimes think that Gu Long created Yip Goo Sing so that he could make Sai Mun Chui Sheut a villain...without actually turning Sai Mun Chui Sheut into a villain. By creating Yip Goo Sing, Gu Long essentially made an "evil twin" for Sai Mun Chui Sheut.

heros not heroines, right? who are my heros? xuzhu and bat king. maybe xuzhu.
    after bedding xixia princess, who can he bed?
    1. ah zhi possibly on the pretext of curing her eyes.
    2. mu wanqing possibly on the pretext of telling her that duan yu is marrying zhong ling and vice versa.
    3. wang wu-yan on the pretext that he has a love potion to make mu rongfu to love her.
    4. ah zhu on the pretext of telling her childhood stories.

yucks, villain enough?

Being a person of extreme love and hate Yang Guo could easily have become a villain... well in fact he did almost become one if he had decided to go ahead and assassinate GJ while GJ was fighting off Goldie and gang. It was at the last minute that he made a split second decision to save GJ.

Xiao Yu Er could have been a great villain too... after all he was brought up in the Villains' Valley wasn't he?

Huang Rong make a formidable villain with her intelligence. I can so see her makes up complicated schemes and traps and manipulates everyone to do what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Huang Rong make a formidable villain with her intelligence. I can so see her makes up complicated schemes and traps and manipulates everyone to do what she wants.
    oh my god you are right.... and probably no one except HYS would be able to see through her schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    That one evil lady that cause all the problems for Xiao Feng comes to mind when I read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    That one evil lady that cause all the problems for Xiao Feng comes to mind when I read your post.

M'dm Ma slept around with men to manipulate them... i think HR would not need to use the lust factor at all to manipulate anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Yeah, I also realise it sounds very much like her. But HR use her brain, not her body.

Default Which wuxia heroes would have been great wuxia villains?

Not sure if I'm missing the point of your question, but if one strips them of their morality, wouldn't all make great candidates for villians? After all, most are highly skilled, with the smarts to boot. And even if one was lacking in intelligence, one could still be a decent villian. After all, few would call Yue Lao San a smart fellow, but he was Evil No. 3.

I think it'll certainly be easy for our wuxia heroes to be "classy" villians such as DYC, MCF and OYF. XLN, HR, YG, LHC, XF or DY should be able to carry it off pretty well.

However, evil-to-the-bone scums (such as Chen You Liang, the blind person (monk, priest?) in SFOSM, or Quan Guan Qing) may be a more difficult task for our heroes. I really don't see XLN or gang resorting to such levels.
    Last edited by miette; 09-13-05 at 05:33 AM.

Ken's question is quite obvious.

Which of our heroes would make good villians?

And this is irrespective of how moral they were previously.

So it would depend on intelligence, martial arts, street smart, experience, leadership, manipulative skills and also know when to run so they can fight another day. HR is an excellent canditate, prob even better than her father (who is too arrogant).

The likes of GJ, ZWJ, SPT and XZ may have good martial arts, but they do not have either the intelligence or street smartness to cope against trickery.

DY is an interesting character. He lacks experience+street smarts, but he seem to put on a gentleman scholar image that might make others trust him. Kinda like YBQ and the Laughing monk? in legendary twins. He has potential. His obsessiveness maybe a problem. Is ZBT in this catagory too?

YG has what YK did not, good martial arts. But he should throw away that human mask to reveal his beaut.

XF...I am sure everyone can decide what he can do, if he happens to be a foe. May need to learn to run when facing tough odds though.

WXB, with proper martial training, could make a good...oh he had no morality in the first place nvm.

From my little knowledge of GL novels, I d think that most of their protagonist would serve excellent antagonists.

Evil sweeper monk? Who needs nukes?

XF would be ideal, with all those accusations which are impossible to clear up he could have turn evil. He should have just slaughter everyone at Ju xian Manor

Potential wuxia heroes who can turn into villains :

Yu Pei Yu - with her dashing look, a perfect face, and his charms, he could turn the whole wu lin upside down, not to mention he held a deep grudge in his heart. best of all, he's young but one of the most powerful fighter in the entire GL realm

Chu Liu Xiang - excellent lightness of kungfu, can breath underwater, superb martial arts, pretty face, lady charmer, lives on a boat, very intellegent, he'll make a great villain

Ye Kai - Always in control of the situation, another lady charmer, somewhat carefree, excellent flying dagger skills, he'll be a perfect assasin

Huang YaoShi - Genious, an inventor, a highly cultured man, knows strategies and the art of formation, he could enroll and become one of Genghis Khan's general or Jin's general and rebel against the Southern Song. Alternatively, he could perhaps take over the Southern Song empire himself with the right plans and strategy

Yang Guo - Can easily turn into the dark side and we all know why

Sun YuBo - A highly respected man in Wulin, that's why they all call him 'Lao Bo' He has the potential to be another YBQ
    Last edited by Temujin; 09-13-05 at 03:35 PM.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Xiao Feng, definitely Xiao Feng. He would be one MEAN mother as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Xiao Feng, definitely Xiao Feng. He would be one MEAN mother as a villain.
    And he had a great chance to be one as the Liao "Conquering the South" army commander.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

In that case, GJ could do some damage being a mongol commander.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    In that case, GJ could do some damage being a mongol commander.
    If he does that, he would be dead. H7G would kill him for being a traitor.

Yang Guo without doubt not only have great skill but also great "trick" even Huang Rong notice him is a very very dangerous foe for Guo family..