Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    who says there's no subs?

According to Yesasia and other sources they said it has no subs. I'm a bit confused now.

(I didn't read everyone's posts in detail incase of spoilers)
    Have you learned to love one another?

Bubblegum is right. She wanted to purchase the actual DVD. Does the actual DVD comes with english sub or only Japanese? If it did, I highly doubt fansubber had to sub their own movie. The english subs were made by fansubbers. Bubblegum wanted to do the right way...by purchasing it. I'll purchase it when they dubbed the english version. I heard that hollywood voices will be behind it as well...not sure who it is.

The problem is, I will probably hate the English voices (I don't care who they are, if they don't fit they don't fit)

plus there a lot of us that are impatient

for this movie... I just might buy it (despite the chance of horrible dubbing)

I'd recommend to get the Japanese one with sub. I don't think it would be as funny if it is dubbed.

There's a scene where Reno and Rude were running away from xxxxx. They each helped carry a child from the disasterous xxxxx.
    While running without looking back, Rude asked, "Is it coming?"
    Reno replied, "I don't want to look!" and then run faster.

The tone (with Japanese accent) was so funny and imbued so good with their men-in-black attitude.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

It'll probably be in both languages.

did anyone else find aeris very very annoying? or is it just me? .... shes meant to b dead! .....stay away woman!!
    Norman the pirate

Advent child... is soooooooooooooooooooooooo SICK!!!! I just watched it!!!!! story was alright.. but action would give anyone an Er*ction
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I hope they make a game out of the movie. They need a better storyline. Well, can't blame them. A movie is 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs long while a game is 40+ hours. I really hope Square-Enix do a remake of FF 7 plus a sequel at the same time. That would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I hope they make a game out of the movie. They need a better storyline. Well, can't blame them. A movie is 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs long while a game is 40+ hours. I really hope Square-Enix do a remake of FF 7 plus a sequel at the same time. That would be a dream come true.
    Cool.. I was thinking, if they don't wanna remake the game, they could always remake FFVII into something like Advent Children..! That would be cool as well

Square already said there are plans for a FF7 remake. Just not for the PS3.
    Maybe PS4 or a really late PS3 verison will be seen. They also said that a remake will take a crew of 300 people and take 5 years to make.
    I think it will depend on how well the upcoming FF12 and 13 will do. If they dont sell good then Square should hurry with the remake and so far FF12 looks like pure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    Square already said there are plans for a FF7 remake. Just not for the PS3.
    Maybe PS4 or a really late PS3 verison will be seen. They also said that a remake will take a crew of 300 people and take 5 years to make.
    I think it will depend on how well the upcoming FF12 and 13 will do. If they dont sell good then Square should hurry with the remake and so far FF12 looks like pure crap.
    FF series has always been about the storyline. If the storyline succeed, the game will do well. Graphics wouldn't be a big factor for FF12.

I dont mean graphic-wise im talking gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    I dont mean graphic-wise im talking gameplay.
    Square doesn't lose in gameplay either.. and also neither in battle system whether its ATB or CTB. Final Fantasy is a well-known RPG... as long as FFXII is a good piece of work(which I assume so.. because.. so far, there's no FF that has disappoint me) then we don't have to worry whether it sells good or not.. The only problem is piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Bubblegum is right. She wanted to purchase the actual DVD. Does the actual DVD comes with english sub or only Japanese? If it did, I highly doubt fansubber had to sub their own movie. The english subs were made by fansubbers. Bubblegum wanted to do the right way...by purchasing it. I'll purchase it when they dubbed the english version. I heard that hollywood voices will be behind it as well...not sure who it is.
    I just got mine yesterday - no subs at all.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sensasian.com/isroot/sensasian/image/product/V11118J-D_large.jpg')

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

It is great!!! I plumped for it even though I only understand a little bit of Japanese. Was going for the Limited Edition but lucked out.

it's $60 on yesasia ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by yuenwooping

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sensasian.com/isroot/sensasian/image/product/V11118J-D_large.jpg')

It is great!!! I plumped for it even though I only understand a little bit of Japanese. Was going for the Limited Edition but lucked out.
    It looks nice! .. But I suggest either watching the version with English subtitles(download from Internet).. or get a transcript so that you understand the story.

I finally had the time to watch it yesterday.. graphics was great.. and I like Tifa's fight in the church and the fight with Bahamut and.. you-know-who.. Reno & Rude.... naturally the spices in the movie ..

I paid only $47.99 at SensAsian

Default Is bored... and found this..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.humanite.co.jp/images/ito.jpg')
    Voice casting for Tifa

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img04.21cn.com/2004/11/28/2973596.jpg')
    Voice casting for Cloud 0_o

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gakusai.handson.gr.jp/artists/images/talk/morikubo_shotaro.jpg')
    Voice casting for Kadaj..

Others are.. ermmm.... dunno.

Advent Children is what the first Final Fantasy movie (The Spirits Within) should have been about.

All in all, AC is a pretty good movie. My only gripe is that the action goes by way too fast. It's hard to make out what's going on. I would expect these fast cuts in a live action sequence (maybe to hide the limitations of live actors) but not in a CG movie where anything is possible.
    I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth - Fry

Quote Originally Posted by yuenwooping

I think Bubblegum is waiting for the English version. I am too. The DVD should consist of both Japanese/English dubbed with english subs.