Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Default Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

anyone else seen this yet?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooomg the fights were so awesome it made Matrix look like a chic flick (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    anyone else seen this yet?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooomg the fights were so awesome it made Matrix look like a chic flick (in my opinion)
    I agree with you. I love the fight scenes. I wish this was a series instead or maybe 2 DVD long. Newcomers will be confuse with the characters and storyline. The movie didn't focus on the characters. Each series we play, we grew to love the characters. All of the FF series focus on romance. This movie did focus on it but I felt it wasn't enough. If Cloud and Tifa had more romance between them then that would help. If it was 2 DVD long, it would have been awesome. Overall, I love this movie and I will buy the special package. Cloud's sword is the sh!t. He must be really strong to carry that thing.

Wow.. you've watched it already?!
    Is it any good?
    Spoilers free please... this was the only movie/anime/whatever which I wanna watch it myself

Thanks!!! But, judging from the first post.. I already know its REAL good ...

It sounds like a great movie! This is one of the movies that I wish to see this year. I'm so looking forward to this, but I'll wait for the dvd to come out
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    It sounds like a great movie! This is one of the movies that I wish to see this year. I'm so looking forward to this, but I'll wait for the dvd to come out
    You'll like this movie...no negative remarks from people yet. Wish I have a 60 inch HDTV plasma TV. This movie would look great on it. Hmm...think I'll get one for x-mas.

I was very disturbed that there was no Cloud x Tifa closure. Let's start that Cloud x Tifa vs. Cloud x Aeris war again and I'll always be Tifa defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    I was very disturbed that there was no Cloud x Tifa closure. Let's start that Cloud x Tifa vs. Cloud x Aeris war again and I'll always be Tifa defender.

I thought the romance was weak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I thought the romance was weak as well.
    well ... only if you are a TIFA supporter. Ending was AWESOME if you're an AERIS supporter.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    well ... only if you are a TIFA supporter. Ending was AWESOME if you're an AERIS supporter.
    I don't support either characters. I just thought the movie focus more on action than anything else. I can't really complain since they can't put everything in 1 1/2 hour.

yeah they showed Aeris' face the second time at the end with the attempt to balance out the lack of her presence in the movie. That sure made many Aeris' fans happy.

It was decent, not that great.
    Cid did not get enough screen time. The thing was watching Cloud sulk around and fighting Yazoo.
    I agree about that the Tifa and Cloud. They seem even more distant now.
    The one thing I liked was the Turks. The are still the lovable losers from back in the day.

Just finisihed watching the movie. I'm gonna sleep good tonight. *grins*

awww heeeeey..... where and how did you guys watch it? wasn't it delayed in the US?

yes, but not in Japan

Got a copy from a friend and just finish it last night. THis movie is awesome. The graphic is so clear and well done that the character look lifelike.

Agree w/ yang guo. The fight sequence make matrix graphics and fight scene look like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    You'll like this movie...no negative remarks from people yet. Wish I have a 60 inch HDTV plasma TV. This movie would look great on it. Hmm...think I'll get one for x-mas.

I'll wait for this movie to come out with subs. I just prefer to watch it for the first time and understand it.
    Have you learned to love one another?

The FF7 OAV: Last Order is pretty nice too. I was too busy drooling at animated Sephiroth. Ahh... he's gorgeous.

Advent Children is a must for every FF fans.

The fights are awesome. Sorry for any Matrix's fans, but IMHO this one just blew the hat off. Especially when the group was working together.

And I thought the ending is quite good. There's a hint for something started between Tifa and Cloud. Under their circumstances, you won't get any better than that.

One complain though, the music at near the end, when xxx appeared is not very well done. I've heard it before. They should have re-composed it to follow the music trend set from the beginning, which is fast and glorious.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

I think Square-Enix didn't want Cloud and Tifa to get together...after watching the movie again...I finally realized why they left it like that...We wouldn't if anything will happen between them unless they make a sequel...or maybe they want to keep Aeris in their hearth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum

I'll wait for this movie to come out with subs. I just prefer to watch it for the first time and understand it.
    who says there's no subs?