Thread: Calling all old timers: is your wuxia knowledge deterioating?

Default Calling all old timers: is your wuxia knowledge deterioating?

Although I continue to gain new insights on a daily basis, I think I may be forgetting a lot of information at the same time. For example, I discovered a message posted by me several years ago. As I read through it again, I couldn't believe I had written it, as my knowledge back then was much deeper than what I still remember at this time. Even some of my questions asked recently were answered by ME a long time ago, I find this both ironic and disturbing.

That's why I continue to read old topics: to keep my wuxia knowledge current.

What is your observation?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Well IMO, your view or opinion have changed abit actually. You usually don't support GJ this much. You do give him credit in the past, but not this much .

For my memory, I forgot some and gain some. Usually got to reread everything, which I am to lazy to do.

On the other hand, some of the comments made in the past by some of the more senior members surprise me in how flawed the logic was.

For example, the post Lav made about why XLN is better than DFBB.

Most of it was directly based on Deteoriation Theory coupled with the comment that "there's no way DFBB is faster than XLN". Nowadays we at least try to make comparisons (well, some of us do) and find actual examples to back up ideas. Plus most of the members seem more likely to shift their points when shown evidence for it (barring the odd couple who like to trumpet their heroes).

I'm actually glad it was dug up since we can now have a discussion about DFBB.

Lav never said Dragon Girl is better than Dongfang. He said the former has better qinggong while the latter has more internal energy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The Greats in this forum reached their peaks a while ago so they can only go down. I personally have surpassed my twin brother Triste Coeur. He didn't embrace the dark side enough.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Lol, old age letting you guys down.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Lav never said Dragon Girl is better than Dongfang. He said the former has better qinggong while the latter has more internal energy.

That's my point. There wasn't a basis for that (yet). It's not that I'm convinced that XLN has inferior lightness kungfu, but that the post didn't have the backup to prove it.

And while logic would serve well to help push a point, the logic used the Deteoriation Theory as the premise. Since the premise itself was flawed, even if the entire argument was valid, the resulting proposition still isn't necessarily valid.

Personally, i think over this past few years, my actual reading of novels are more due to the hard works of the translations here.

My grasp of theorectical concepts about deterioration theory, formlessness etc are maturing

However, certain details are escaping through my cranium like DY's 6MSJ effective range of 10 feet. Lol, i re-discover the factoid when reading a post of mine when PJ re-posted an old thread.

Han Solo