Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marco Ngai

Default Marco Ngai

His "other half" has a thread already, so Marco should have one too.

Short profile:

Name: Marco Ngai Chun Kit
    Mandarin name: Wei Jun Jie
    Birthdate: October 20, 1967
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 75 kg

I really like him in the Armed Reaction serials. He makes such a cool cop and is a great match with Joyce.

Pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/armed4/scene/img/ori/ar_popup_05.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2001-08-30_22421.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2001-08-30_22419.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2001-08-30_22417.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2001-08-30_22415.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.com.cn/photo/chstar/photo/medias/2002-03-01_57453.jpg')

Images courtesy of tvb.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

he's a great actor i've seen him in so much diffrent roles very good i realy like Marco with Joyce they are so cute together!!!!
    currently watching:
    - The Magic Touch Of Fate: Ruby Lin, Alec Su&Kang Ta
    - Mars: Vic Zhou & Barbie Xu
    - Amor de Tarapacá: Ruby Lin, Han Jae Suk & Shi Yinan

Yeah I love Marco's acting. His acting skills are very versatile, he can play villains and good guys, silly comedic roles. He can take any role and become the role. It's like the actor and the character merge into one. He's very good at what he's doing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

marco's one of my favorites at tvb. he really does know how to act and is sooo great with joyce..too bad tvb does'nt promote them that much
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Marco's a versatile actor, and I like him best in Armed Reaction with Joyce.
    玉木宏

blog

I like Marco too, his acting is excellent. I first saw him in Crimes of Passion, he colored his hair blond and drive a Porche. Even tho he played a baddie, he looked so cool in this series. His comedy series Taming Of The Princess & Legendary 4 Aces are funny. Of coz, his most unforgetable series are Armed Reaction.

He came a long way, I saw his earlier series in the early 90s but not as popular as now.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

marco is hot ..heeh wit Joyce ..he hotter !!..i love his acting...way better than Joe Ma or Ron Ng. he should get more series !!
    best friends are like credit cards, we need them forever ...

One of my very favourite actors. lol. Marco is so versatile. I hope Tvb would recognize his talent and promote him as much as they have with Joe ma and Melissa. He deserves to be promoted more. I think there's no one better than Marco to play the gangster leader. He was so good in; I think it's called, Cries of Passion? It's funny; he's also good as a cop. Ah, I love Marco.

he and Joyce should get married :P

he's a good actor, i loved his role in "To catch the uncatchable" so funny!! and he was the best out of all the actors in "split second" although, i personally didn't like that series...
    what is he working on now anyway?

He seems to play quite a few 'villian' series now. I hope he gets a break through role where he can play some goofy good guy. He's such a versatile but great actor!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Thumbs up

I like him a lot, too . I thought he and Joyce got married already .
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

Unhappy

i just recently re-watched flying fox of snowy mountain 99 and OMG MARCO NGAI IS SO GOOD! LOL i always thought he was a good actor especially after prince's shadow and to catch the uncatchable ...but omg in flying fox he shined he was a lot better than sunny chan! i love and hate his character fook ho on !!! and it was so cute seeing marco and joyce in that serie although he broke her heart so many times in that serie ....sigh omg he's such a womanizer but i love him!!!!! OMG LOL now i gotta watch split second jus to watch his acting (i hear that it sucks and marco was the only actor worth watching) OMg he's so adorable in flying fox...as he was trying to get joyce to fall in love with him he was so real and natural that even i fell in love with his charms! he was soooo great...so much talent wasted at tvb...opportunities given to those who dont deserve it because of lack of talent (ie ron, joe...) ugh makes me so mad i dont get it marco has the looks and the height!..lol but i dont want him to leave tvb cause then ill never seen his great acting anymore
    These actors and actresses have touched my heart with their incredible acting: Chilam Cheung, Wong Hei, Lawrence Ng, Raymond Lam, Moses Chan, Marco Ngai, Charmaine Sheh, Ada Choi, Myolie Wu, Gigi Lai

I agree, they really should promote Marco instead of Joe, Ron etc. Good choice you got there, he is VERY good in Split Second. I would recommend Armed Reaction and Crimes of Passion too.

Hard to face the BALD truth
    By Ho Lian-Yi

November 25, 2005

MARCO Ngai is a confident man - sometimes over-confident, he said.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-11-24/NP_3108237_24_11_2005.jpg')

But about two years ago, thanks to a combination of age, glued-on hairpieces for period dramas and stress, he started losing hair.

The discovery deflated his ego and inflated his waistline.

The Hong Kong actor, who said he would pose like a model in front of reflective surfaces whenever he goes out, became so self-conscious that he stopped going to the gym because there were mirrors everywhere.

'I wanted to tear out the mirrors in my house,' he said.

For one year, the 37-year-old ex-Hong Kong swimmer hardly exercised, and he ballooned from 70kg to 84kg, which hurt his confidence even further.

'Luckily I was acting as an emperor at that time, so I could afford to be a bit fat,' he joked.

Even his girlfriend, actress Joyce Tang, teased him, which 'depressed him the entire day'.

Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, the celebrity spokesman for Svenson Hair Center recalled how he was worried about his career prospects in the competitive Hong Kong entertainment industry.

He even wondered if he was going to have to start taking paternal roles.

'Then it's all over!' he said.

To hide his balding pate, he bought caps (and got photographed by the paparazzi doing so), wore hairpieces and visited Chinese physicians.

He even coloured his scalp with eyebrow pencil so that the glare wouldn't be apparent when photographed. But the treatment at Svenson worked and he started hitting the gym with new-found intensity, going three days a week, at least three hours each time. His weight is now down to 73kg.

It's a bright spot in what has been a difficult year. While filming Red Memory in China, he had to be hospitalised three times.

Another time, an actor elbowed his eye and his live-in girlfriend had insisted that he return to Hong Kong for treatment.

But Marco wanted to finish the shoot before he 'lost the mood'.

With his swollen, blood-filled eye, he had to do all his scenes with the camera capturing just his side profile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Too busy to marry

WHILE there has been talk that Joyce Tang (left, with Marco Ngai in a 2000 photo) was getting impatient to be married, Marco denied it.

He said both of them are too busy and that she is even more career-minded than he is. Marco, who spends most of his time filming in China, said that his acting schedule next year will allow him to spend only three months with the Hong Kong-based Joyce.

They keep in touch by calling each other a couple of times a week.

He is said to be a doting boyfriend, who will wash Joyce's clothes for her.

But Marco protested when asked.

'No, it's the washing machine that washes her clothes! I just put the clothes in,' he explained.

The New Paper, Singapore
    Thanks to Cauchy too for posting it at AF.

That is so sweet of Marco to wash Joyce's clothes for her.

Thanks for posting the articles, bebe_girl. I never would have guessed that Marco is going bald. I did notice that he'd gained some weight in TPS as well as in pics from When Rules Turn Lose, though. In any case, at least he still has a nice and supportive girlfriend in Joyce. And hair or no hair, I'll still like Marco.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Unhappy

aww he puts her clothes in the washing machine for her AWW lol marco and joyce tang are so cute together, marco did look a bit chubby in prince's shadow but i thought it looked cute...don't mind that he's going bald because these things are unavoidable as you age

thanks bebe_girl ive watched all the armed reaction series but i don't remember much...i do remember that marco did a very good job when his son died im not sure if that was armed reaction 3 or 4 but i believed he blamed joyce for his son's death and could not be with her for awhile i think....i should rewatch them again lol never heard of crimes of passion? may i ask what year was it released? thanks a lot

i've only watched some parts here and there of flying fox and yeah from what ive watched i'm still very unsure, did marco's character Fook Hong On ever love joyce's character? it's so heart breaking to watch the scene when joyce dies ...all their scenes together are my favourite in the serie, marco is just so natural, i love his smirks and how you can never tell what he's thinking...kinda sad cause in reality I HATE womanizers like him but in series i have a thing with loving characters i'm suppose to hate ...evil roles i guess they're called...but only if the evil role is played by someone who can act unlike sonija kwok in PITNOL and WTLB that was just annoying...anyway i love the part when he's playing the flute the music is so sad and depresssing i love it lol imma go rent split second tomorrow lmao
    Last edited by sweet_azn_tears; 11-27-05 at 03:21 AM.
    These actors and actresses have touched my heart with their incredible acting: Chilam Cheung, Wong Hei, Lawrence Ng, Raymond Lam, Moses Chan, Marco Ngai, Charmaine Sheh, Ada Choi, Myolie Wu, Gigi Lai

I'm not to sure what year it was released, will find out later. Did Marco's character in Flying Fox ever loved Joyce? I can't remember much.

Here's a more depth article I posted above
    Credits to Ellie at hongkongbuzz.blogspot.com
    http://hongkongbuzz.blogspot.com/200...arco-ngai.html

Does any1 know the title of a series Marco was in years ago. It was a TVB series that was released in 4 parts in America. Marco was in part one. The series is about a family that owns a noodle shop. Marco is the oldest son of a couple who married really young. I remember his mother always said she got married at 16. Marco's parents were played by the two that portrayed Ron's parents in the Academy. In this show Marco ends up w/ his neighbor played by Ester Kwan. At the end of part one, they went to America or something. In the very end of the show in part four, Ester came back and was pregnant. The last part of the show Marco opens the door and said he just bought a really big house for the whole family to move in. It was a really good and entertaining show w/ the same concept as Virtues of Harmony, where every episode not necessarily have to be watched consecutively but spells out the bigger plot as a whole. Please help, thanks.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Sorry, I don't know what series you're talking about.

Marco Ngai buys dinner for Mainland director friend
    Translated by Ellie
    http://hongkongbuzz.blogspot.com/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6813/14mk3.jpg')
    Recently, Marco Ngai has been filming a lot in China, and through this, he has gotten to know quite a few mainland directors. He held a dinner for Chinese director Shi Hao (食蠔) the night and introduced his girlfriend Joyce Tang to him. They had lots to drink; in fact the two men were red in the face. Joyce was more disciplined, drinking very little. “We are very good friends. Every time he visits Hong Kong, we’re sure to meet up for dinner,” said Marco.

---
    I'm so glad that Marco is working his way in the China market. It's a waste of his talent staying with Tvb where his talents aren't appreciated. I hope he does well in China and recieves his due recognition.