Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFBB & Yang Lianting

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/bloodstar4/dongfang2.jpg')

That's her. I don't blame YLT for wanting to be with DFBB if she looks like that.
    I can turn gay for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    The DFBB in the Singapore version was actually the most beautiful actress i have ever seen in all the XAJH series i have seen. I was like WTF!! She totally overshadowed Fann Wong.
    It can't be hard to overshadow Fann Wong. I was trying my best to find a spoon to remove my eyes when watching Shanghai Knights in the scenes where she tried to be cute.

Still, that actress isn't bad at all...
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

You guys find that actress attractive? I must admit I'm surprised. In fact, astounded is more apt. I've read many comments in another forum (beauty) about her looking like someone who's gone through a sex-change.

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    You guys find that actress attractive? I must admit I'm surprised. In fact, astounded is more apt. I've read many comments in another forum (beauty) about her looking like someone who's gone through a sex-change.
    Did you see her on screen? That linked pic wasn't too flattering.

I find her pretty hot as DFBB. Her name is Jacelyn Tay.

I didn't catch the Singapore's production of XAJH. To be honest, I had no idea there was one, I thought ROCH was the only one that Singapore adapted from JY's works.

I've seen this actress (Jacelyn Tay) in another programe, hosting a variety/documentary about looking good. I don't find her ugly, it's just that she has never struck me as attractive at all. I find her complexion very lovely though.

Various posters in another Singapore-based forum commented about her looking like someone who has gone through a sex change. I didn't pay much attention to that, but now that I know she has once been casted as DFBB...well, I find it rather amusing. Sorry about that.

When she was on screen and in costume she often looked divine though some of her outfits were kind of hideous.. she was like the Amidala of XAJH.

For me she is like Liu Yifei, i find she can look heavenly in some ancient costumes but in modern dress she seems quite bland. But that's just me.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    I think the SOD96 version had the best portrayal of DFBB. He was decked out in pink robes and even strutted around like a high-class prostitute. It was everything I imagined DFBB to be. Too bad the fight scene portrated him "shooting" his needles though.
    Yes, so far SOD 1996 seems to be as good as all the experts have proclaimed. I was pleasantly surprised by how faithful (about 95%) the dialogue, and the characters, were to the novel during the DFBB scene.

The fight itself was disappointing, but I guess it wouldn't be easy to film it like the novel has it.

Unfortunately, I think the Ren Woxing in this version sucks. He acts like a mad Xie Xun! I love the Ren Woxing in Brigitte Lin/Tsui Hark's 1992 movie, which depicted Ren's lovable wicked humor.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Isn't DFBB suppose to look like this
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2013-02-19/U4175P28T3D3859632F329DT20130219183507.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://plumblossomspetals.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/65206_10151477872776449_1736819213_n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wuxiaedge.com/wp-content/uploads/DongfangBubai_LinghuChong.jpg')