Thread: Full Moon Crescent-shaped-Sabre

Default Full Moon Crescent-shaped-Sabre

Is God of Sabre and Against the Blade of Honor the only two adaptations of this Gu Long novel?

Is it true Gu Long wrote only a portion of the novel? If yes, how come?

This novel doesn't seem to be very popular in this forum.

I've read the reviews for both adaptations and watched ATBOH but I'd like to read about a detailed comparison/contrast between the adaptations and the novel.

Like the issue about Ching Ching's mother and the affair that her mother had with the Sword god? Was that in the novel and can anyone give me more details? I thought she was the fiance of the Cult leader not wife. So the adaptation was kind of confusing there...can someone offer some clarification?

Thanks
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-20-05 at 02:15 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

yes .

Sorry, SS. I never got through Against the Blade of Honour. It was driving me nuts with all the relationships.

In the novel, it was Ching Ching's auntie, half sister of Ching Ching's father, (her name was Princess Tian Ai or something like that) who had the affair with Xie Xiao Feng. But he dumped her, and she ruined her face in anger as she had his daughter, Xie Xiao Yu, and filled her with evilness.

You see, Ching Ching's grandfather married this loose, but beautiful woman, who eloped with a guy. When she died, she sent back her daughter, who Ching Ching's grandfather took as his own. however, there are strongs suspicions that the Princess if not related to Ching Ching's grandfather. He then married Ching Ching's grandmother and had Ching Ching's father.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Where did Ding Pang's father steal that page of sword manuscript? Or who did he steal it from? It seems powerful, if he could defeat so many opponents before Lau Yerk Chung, cunningly stole it from under Ding Pang.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Aw, Man. Where's TigerWong or some Gu Long expert, when you need them?

*goes back to find more questions to ask, and wait for a GL expert*

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Where did Ding Pang's father steal that page of sword manuscript? Or who did he steal it from? It seems powerful, if he could defeat so many opponents before Lau Yerk Chung, cunningly stole it from under Ding Pang.
    I don't think his father stole it - it just came into his possesion, not much more elaboration. It'sa bit of a "McGuffin" isn't it? After that encounter with Lau Yerk Chung I don't think the technqiue comes up again.