Thread: 護國良相狄仁傑 (No idea what's the english title for now...)

Default 護國良相狄仁傑 (Prime Minister Di Ren Jie)

This series is playing on fairchild right now. Is anyone watching it? I can't find the english title for it... Fairchild has the title as "P.M. Di Ren Jie" but didn't say what P & M stand for. >_<

If there is already a thread for this, I apologize in advance since I can't find it.

Here's a few websites:
    http://www.tvbs.com.tw/tvbs_asia/t_a...e/default.html
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2003-1...nt_1126914.htm

I'll probably buy the DVD for this as I missed a few episodes here & there, plus probably wont have the chance to finish watching it. Nevertheless, from what I've watched, it's quite good a series! Both the songs are quite good too.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2003-10/17/xin_2de7b4640c154da1971eb085a29e0691.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2003-10/17/xin_cdb2e124d2874f50bcba3a3af806d7b3.jpg')

^ His character design & armor reminds me of Zhao Yun, so cool looking.
    Last edited by Sepiraph; 09-22-05 at 03:19 PM.

PM stands for Prime Minister. He was the trusted PM during Wu Ze Tian's reign. Pretty good imo. It also stars the actress Gao Yuan Yuan of the Heaven Sword and DragonSabre (China) fame. She has many fans on this board. Check out the Actress sub-forum.

Oh yes there's already a thread for Di Ren Jie somewhere

Li Zonghan is soooo cute in this series. That scene in the opening or ending theme song where he poses and catches the spear in midair ... droolz ...

Don't watch it if you don't like sad endings for your favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    Li Zonghan is soooo cute in this series. That scene in the opening or ending theme song where he poses and catches the spear in midair ... droolz ...

I already watched this one ... took me 2 weeks to get over it. I still keep hearing GYY shouting "Wu Guan Long". I think Stairway to Heaven will take months ... sigh. And I'm rewatching STH because I'm just sucked in ...

does gao yuan yuan play an evil character?

Oh no definitely not. She's very cute in this series. But the series is not about her but rather the PM as he solves high level corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by funnybunny
    does gao yuan yuan play an evil character?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    PM stands for Prime Minister. He was the trusted PM during Wu Ze Tian's reign. Pretty good imo. It also stars the actress Gao Yuan Yuan of the Heaven Sword and DragonSabre (China) fame. She has many fans on this board. Check out the Actress sub-forum.

Oh thanks, now I have put the english title in now.

Edit: Omg, I just checked on the actress forum and she has a 54+ pages thread. O_o Never knew she was that popular!
    Last edited by Sepiraph; 09-22-05 at 03:33 PM.

She's one of the most popular actress on this board and many wanted her to take the role of XLN in ROCH05. Think Di Ren Jie was one of her earliest tv series appearance.
    Her most striking feature is her eyes which are very expressive as evident even in Di Ren Jie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepiraph
    Oh thanks, now I have put the english title in now.

Edit: Omg, I just checked on the actress forum and she has a 54+ pages thread. O_o Never knew she was that popular!

Yep.

I heard that this series was pretty boring and it's only worth watching for GYY.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

LOL not true at all. Given your wide taste you should enjoy it very much for the great acting. The PM was very crafty and more like a Sherlock Holmes type. GYY is only feast for the hot blooded boyz.....

The actress playing the interpreter is very pretty and very good actress too. But seems she only got bit parts after her breakthrough here in this series.

Think the problem is China has millions of such actresses and it's very very hard to stand out.

Actually there is another China series that's also very good and it's English title is Granaries of the Nation. But that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yep.

I heard that this series was pretty boring and it's only worth watching for GYY.
    Last edited by Surferket; 09-22-05 at 07:37 PM.

Yep.

It depends what type of series you like, but I definitely would not describe this as boring. Honestly I didn't even know who GYY was before watching this and I definitely wasn't watching the series just because of her. (Actually I think the other girl who later fell in love Wu Guan Long is prettier than her, dunno the actress name, but I disgress...)

Overall, I think the chemistry between the characters were really great and the series had some really beautiful and sad moments. Both the theme songs were great and it was REALLY sad when they played it on episode 19.

Actually there is another China series that's also very good and it's English title is Granaries of the Nation. But that's another thread.
    I agree, "Tian Xia Liang Cang" is a quality series.

Here is where I got the impression that this series isn't very interesting, but I guess everyone's opinion is different.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Z you are awesome!! I didn't know there's anyone else who'd watched as much China series as I do. I love their acting and the fantastic sceneries. Pity that after HSDS all China series went to cheap fantasy CGI route wasting money on CGI at the expense of proper storylines and large action scenes. I stopped buying then after a few real lemons, especially after Dicky Cheung's stupid Liu San Bian.

Yah, Tian Xia Liang Cang is a real hidden masterpiece.

PS- I liked Di Ren Jie's interaction with Wu Ze Tian. They are like old couples even tho' they were not lovers. Seems both knew each other so well they could read each other's mind.

I agree, "Tian Xia Liang Cang" is a quality series.

Here is where I got the impression that this series isn't very interesting, but I guess everyone's opinion is different.
    Last edited by Surferket; 09-23-05 at 11:09 AM.

Very sad when the general commited suicide after his lover killed herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepiraph

Overall, I think the chemistry between the characters were really great and the series had some really beautiful and sad moments. Both the theme songs were great and it was REALLY sad when they played it on episode 19.

Lady Z you are awesome!! I didn't know there's anyone else who'd watched as much China series as I do. I love their acting and the fantastic sceneries. Pity that after HSDS all China series went to cheap fantasy CGI route wasting money on CGI at the expense of proper storylines and large action scenes. I stopped buying then after a few real lemons, especially after Dicky Cheung's stupid Liu San Bian.
    Mainland generally has the best ancient series. Dicky Cheung's Liu San Bian? Do you mean Jimmy Lin's?

PS- I liked Di Ren Jie's interaction with Wu Ze Tian. They are like old couples even tho' they were not lovers. Seems both knew each other so well they could read each other's mind.
    That's how it is in alot of series with Di Ren Jie and Wu Ze Tian. Did you notice how a bunch of Di Ren Jie series came out within a pretty close span of one another? This series, Shen Tan Di Ren Jie/Detective Di Ren Jie, and Yue Shang Jiang Nan Di Ren Jie Xi Yuan Lu. There's also this old looking Di Ren Jie series that was just recently released at yesasia too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ouch!! These 2 are my pet dislike and I'd mixed them up in this show. I started disliking Jimmy in TLBB when he kept appearing with panda eyes even under heavy makeup. And Dicky because he has only one acting style which is the nonsense style. I hated him for messing up the Young Taichi Master with his cheap 3 Taichi moves.
    And that guy who acted as Yang Kang in LOCH also did a very bad Tai Chi Master series. Another actor without martial arts doing a martial arts series. Anita Yuen was also in that series. I won't bother to waste bandwidth asking if anyone had seen these lemons.

As for other versions of Di Ren Jie I don't have a lot of choice in SG. But the version I caught was pretty good enough to rewatch which is what I do with those I really like.

Mainland generally has the best ancient series. Dicky Cheung's Liu San Bian? Do you mean Jimmy Lin's?

That's how it is in alot of series with Di Ren Jie and Wu Ze Tian. Did you notice how a bunch of Di Ren Jie series came out within a pretty close span of one another? This series, Shen Tan Di Ren Jie/Detective Di Ren Jie, and Yue Shang Jiang Nan Di Ren Jie Xi Yuan Lu. There's also this old looking Di Ren Jie series that was just recently released at yesasia too.

does anyone have more pictures, i wanna see

Very sad when the general commited suicide after his lover killed herself.
    OMG that scene was so SAD... I admit I even shed a tear or two in episode 20, which is really, really rare for me.

Oh yea this site needs a spoiler tag option.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Don't watch it if you don't like sad endings for your favs.
    why sad ending, i don't mind spoiler please
    click to show/hide spoilers
    did the PM died or what?

which is the PM in the picture above, the old one or the younger one?