Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hong Lou Meng

OMG where did u find all these pics???hehe........i thought they were going to do a remake of this series with Vicky or shui ling???...did that just cancel???

is there any ways I can watch this series again, any webside has it, please tell me if you know plzz

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007
    OMG where did u find all these pics???hehe........i thought they were going to do a remake of this series with Vicky or shui ling???...did that just cancel???
    hehe from a hongloumeng forum.

they are going to remake it, maybe shui ling is in it, probably a rumor. i didn't hear anything about vicky in it. they said they are going to pick people that look good in ancient, i hope they pick shui ling, she looks great in ancient clothes, vicky looks better in modern. i think it will be good, they are very careful with this because the 87 version is really good, and many people are against the remake already, so they must make it good~

Quote Originally Posted by xuevana
    is there any ways I can watch this series again, any webside has it, please tell me if you know plzz
    i dont know any free links. i bought one, the 7D9 version, very clear.

-------------

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4896/end7302pl.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Dang
    hehe from a hongloumeng forum.

they are going to remake it, maybe shui ling is in it, probably a rumor. i didn't hear anything about vicky in it. they said they are going to pick people that look good in ancient, i hope they pick shui ling, she looks great in ancient clothes, vicky looks better in modern. i think it will be good, they are very careful with this because the 87 version is really good, and many people are against the remake already, so they must make it good~
    don't think both actresses would fit the roles at all...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wuxiaworld.org/forum/uploads/post-13-1148592230.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6179/272fk.jpg')

Default Remake of HLM

Yes, there's supposedly plans for a new adaptation of this classic piece and guess who the director's gonna be?

Yes... Zhang Jizhong. Many people actually find his historical or classic serials much better than his JY Wuxia ones. He directed "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms" and "Water Margin Affairs" years ago, which turned out to be classic hits.

Anyway, ZJZ has gone off dreaming about his cast again, citing his wish that either Li Yu Chun (popular mainlang singer) or Jay Chou (yes, you did not hear wrongly, the Taiwanese singer) takes the role of the male lead, Jia Bao Yu. As for the leading female role, Lin Dai Yu, ZJZ thinks Li Bing Bing is very suitable and the second female lead, Xue Bao Chai, might be played by Taiwanese singer, Fish Leong.

In addition, ZJZ says he thinks LYF is perfect for the role of Qing Wen, Jia Bao Yu's maid, "Besides her, no one is more suitable." He also says that he finds Gao Yuan Yuan very suitable for the role of another maid, Xi Ren. ZJZ claims that he met up with Fan Bing Bing recently and she expressed interest in the series, she might be playing the role of Xiang Ling. FBB was actually interesting in the leading role, Lin Dai Yu (now, is that any surprise?) but ZJZ has already decided to offer it to LBB. ZJZ has also said that he FBB might play Xiang Ling or Xue Bao Chai's sister, Xue Bao Qin.

http://ido.3mt.com.cn/Article/200608...3418c12p1.html
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-24-06 at 02:19 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I actually did not really like the 80s version of HLM at all. The acting, costumes and all were very good. However, it wasn't a good adaption since it didn't follow the novel. The ending was really bad and was not like how it was in the novel at all. They also left out a lot of parts that made the novel meaningful. I was disappointed in the 80s version. There was another version made by Taiwan in 2000(I think it is from Taiwan, but am not sure). I didn't see that version but saw the MTVs of it and have the soundtrack. VERY nice songs and the cast didn't look bad at all. I just wonder if it was a good adaption? Did anyone here see it??

Jay Chou as Bao Yu?? Are you kidding??? There are so many other male actors that are way more suited for the role. What is ZJZ thinking??? Is he wearing out??? LBB is a great actress, but I don't think she is the most suitable one for Dai Yu. LYF isn't a bad choice for Qing Wen, but sadly Qing Wen has a sad ending if I remember correctly... I wonder if GYY will be willing to play a maid. I think she is more suited to play Dai Yu or Bao Chai.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Jay Chou as Bao Yu?? Are you kidding??? There are so many other male actors that are way more suited for the role. What is ZJZ thinking??? Is he wearing out??? LBB is a great actress, but I don't think she is the most suitable one for Dai Yu. LYF isn't a bad choice for Qing Wen, but sadly Qing Wen has a sad ending if I remember correctly... I wonder if GYY will be willing to play a maid. I think she is more suited to play Dai Yu or Bao Chai.
    We all know ZJZ is a bad acting judge! He loves using HXM for childish and cheeky roles when that's the latter's worse acting genre and loves using LYF for any type of role because of her looks, when she's not exactly well-known for her versatility. Sigh, i wonder what does he see in Jay Chou such that he's so eager to cast him in his roles. He wanted to cast Jay Chou as WXB originally and now this. I doubt Jay Chou'll even give thought to these offers. And he wants to give the second female lead role, Xue Bao Chai, to Fish Leong, a Taiwanese singer who is not even pretty or attractive to say the least, to top it of, she has never acted in her life. And as usual, dreaming and opening his mouth to boast abt what a great cast he's assembling together before it's even settled or confirmed. Hasn't he learnt his lesson to keep his mouth shut b4 casts are confirmed from DOMD?
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Default Fantasy HLM Casting

Wow, Zhang Jizhong is going to make a series out of Hong Lou Meng? That's exciting. I love that novel; personally, I rate it by far the best of the four big Chinese novels.

This isn't exactly on-topic, but I've always wondered who I'd cast if someone like Ang Lee decided to do a film version of HLM for the international market. I've no idea who I'd want as Jia Baoyu, but I imagined:

* Zhang Ziyi as Lin Daiyu (partly for commercial reasons, but also, to me she "looks" right)

* Gao Yuanyuan as Wang Xifeng (against type, but a much more interesting character than Xiren or even Baochai)

* Post-Stanford Liu Yifei as Xue Baochai (her big 'starlet' role; she'll need to put her babyfat back on)

I'd then cast the more technically promising of the up-and-coming Chinese TV actresses (e.g. Shu Chang) in the various maid roles. Script-wise, I like Wang Xifeng and find her plot really interesting, so I'd increase her screentime at the expense of Baochai's. LYF's inclusion is conditional on her meeting the acting grade, of course.

I agree with you sunnysnow! What is ZJZ thinking? Gosh, hasn't he learned his lesson??? By the way, Fish/Jasmine Leong is actually Malaysian, not Taiwanese. I thought she was Taiwanese at first too. I admit that she isn't really pretty or attractive, but is a great singer... She has never acted before too, so why is ZJZ considering casting her?? I think he is really wearing out after all of these productions...Don't others get a saying(the other staff members) in who gets casted and who doesn't???Don't tell me it is all up to him???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think Liu Yifei is too childish looking to be Xue Baochai if you're gonna make Zhang Ziyi Lin Daiyu. And I actually don't think ZZY will be a good Daiyu. Daiyu has a frail beauty. ZZY sometimes looks really mean. I'd pick someone with more subtle features, like Shuiling.
    I still aren't quite sure how GYY looks. She looked completely different in HSDS as she did in Tian Xia Di Yi. I didn't even know they were the same person until someone said so.
    And Jay Chou as Baoyu is a no no. He makes that casting, and I just wouldn't bother with the series.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    And I actually don't think ZZY will be a good Daiyu. Daiyu has a frail beauty. ZZY sometimes looks really mean. I'd pick someone with more subtle features, like Shuiling.
    Daiyu has a frail beauty but her personality is rather sharp and thorny. In other words, she can seem quite mean. Also, I've always envisaged her as something of a small, skinny, angular teenager. I thought of Shui Ling too for the role, but she's almost 32, and being unknown in the West, she might not meet commercial considerations for an imaginary international film. I'm not a ZZY fan, but I can see the sense in casting her. (For a series, however, I'd be happy with Shui Ling.)

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    I think Liu Yifei is too childish looking to be Xue Baochai...
    Lots of make-up and fast food would soon have her looking sufficiently 'big-sisterish' for the role!

oh my, i was a big fan of Hong Lou Meng too, it was such a longtime ago that i watched it, and crazily in love with the series and the Cast, especially DaiYu and Baoyu, they both were so beautiful, and I was crying like idiot when Daiyu died, it was such a Tragedy...
    I also found some music too, if someones want it, let me know too i can share the link
    btw, thanks guy for those pics...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    ZJZ claims that he met up with Fan Bing Bing recently and she expressed interest in the series, she might be playing the role of Xiang Ling. FBB was actually interesting in the leading role, Lin Dai Yu (now, is that any surprise?) but ZJZ has already decided to offer it to LBB. ZJZ has also said that he FBB might play Xiang Ling or Xue Bao Chai's sister, Xue Bao Qin.
    Personally, I felt that FBB will be more suitable to play Lin Dai Yu. She looks the part more. To me, Lin Dai Yu is a very beautiful but always sad girl (and high maintenance ). FBB can look very sad and 楚楚可怜 and high-maintenance at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Anyway, ZJZ has gone off dreaming about his cast again, citing his wish that either Li Yu Chun (popular mainlang singer) or Jay Chou (yes, you did not hear wrongly, the Taiwanese singer) takes the role of the male lead, Jia Bao Yu.
    Eh. I remember Jia Bao Yu was supposed to be handsome. Jay Chou is a good singer and all and can look cool with the right attitude, but certainly not handsome.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-04-06 at 06:02 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Default No to jay chou

i will boy-cott this show if they ever cast jay chou. Jay chou is far from anything good looking. Bao yu likes to sweet talk a lot so i cant imagining myself seeing jay chou doing it.....a BIG NO NO

u know what? i think li yu chun is a very good choice. In my opinion, bao yu should looks or act bits like girl since he lives around girls. so i think li yu chun is alright to be casted as bao yu.....

about Jasmine, i cant comment since i never seen her act but her acting in her MVs are really cute.....
    "Of all the music that reached farthest into the earth, It is the beating of the loving heart"

Are you guy think the news is true it seem like People just post a fake news on the web.

doesn't matter what the final cast would be, this version would still be bashed left, right and center in the chinese internet forums and mass media

whoa!! jay chou?? why would people ever cast him? seriously..