Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Hong Lou Meng

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    thanks for answering. I'm surprised that bao yu woujld become a monk!
    Daiyue died because she wasn't the bride? you mean suicide? that's... quite tragic.
    Love is the reason, the hope of life for her.
    She died in her sicknes and her tears.

Dai Yu died due to TB if I remember correctly..Plus, she was depressed about Bao Yu marrying Bao Chai. This story has a theme of Buddhism and reincarnation. In the last life, Bao Yu was one of the stones that was not used to the goddess Nu Wa in repairing the skies. He then took care of Dai Yu, who was one the flowers. He watered her until she bloomed again. Therefore, she owed him so she had to use a whole life time of tears to repay him.... Bao Yu was already predestined to become a monk....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gacoi
    Here is some pictures when she decided become a nun

You can see the sadness in her eyes

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www9.ttvnol.com/uploaded2/_arwen_/48eb796101038nl1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www9.ttvnol.com/uploaded2/_arwen_/48eb796101038nl0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www9.ttvnol.com/uploaded2/_arwen_/u1223p28t3d1459364f326dt20070226124142.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www9.ttvnol.com/uploaded2/_arwen_/wtkt227c003_b.jpg')
    thanx for the pictures Gacoi
    she looks so old now

Thanks God that ZJZ will not be the director. I think GYY would git in as XUE BAo Chai. She got an healthy upper noble acient look and big eyes. It would be great. Xue Bao Chai's character is hard to play but I think GYY would be able to do it. But I totally disagree with LYF as Lin Da Yu.
    Lin Da Yu is a tragic person but can be very hot tempered and stubborn. So it's gonna be hard to pull out the right Lin Da Yu. That means LYF's lack of talent would destroy every single thing. She looks good in acient costume but nothing in comparison to be a Lin Da Yu.
    I've read the novel and there was one thing that I've asked myself.
    It took place in the Qing Dynasty ( the last Dynasty of China) but why did they filmed the characters in such a different time. I mean if you take a look at the costumes, I would say it was Ming or Song Dynasty but not Qing. It's not that important but I was just curious.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ann_fang
    Thanks God that ZJZ will not be the director. I think GYY would git in as XUE BAo Chai. She got an healthy upper noble acient look and big eyes. It would be great. Xue Bao Chai's character is hard to play but I think GYY would be able to do it. But I totally disagree with LYF as Lin Da Yu.
    Lin Da Yu is a tragic person but can be very hot tempered and stubborn. So it's gonna be hard to pull out the right Lin Da Yu. That means LYF's lack of talent would destroy every single thing. She looks good in acient costume but nothing in comparison to be a Lin Da Yu.
    I've read the novel and there was one thing that I've asked myself.
    It took place in the Qing Dynasty ( the last Dynasty of China) but why did they filmed the characters in such a different time. I mean if you take a look at the costumes, I would say it was Ming or Song Dynasty but not Qing. It's not that important but I was just curious.
    i'm not sure, but i always thought that it was a qing author writing about the qing dynasty but just setting it in another dynasty for whatever reason.
    dolphin_bay

The author based the story pretty much on his life, his family, which was in the qing dynasty. He never explicitly states which dynasty it is in, but from various details in the novel (such as decorations, dates etc) we can infer that it's definitely in the qing dynasty. But it is traditional to not set it in another dynasty- it was so in the 87 series, the taiwan versions and operas.

guess it's just costumes are prettier...
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    thanx for the pictures Gacoi
    she looks so old now
    isn't she dead now? or did i make that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Hu Mei will be directing this remake. You may be familiar with some of her other productions which include Yong Zheng Wang Chao and Han Wu Da Di.
    i really liked Yong Zheng Wang Chao. Sounds good! Better than Zhang Ji Zhong. After the fiasco with Huang Xiao Ming as Wei Xiao Bao, I can totally imagine a "hey, why don't i reuse Li Ya Peng and Zhou Xun"
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 05-20-07 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    isn't she dead now? or did i make that up?
    Yeah, she recently passed away. R.I.P.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, she recently passed away. R.I.P.
    She will always be remembered as the Lin Daiyu. It will be even harder for the new actress to play this role.

Default Poor Baochai

message deleted - redundant
    Last edited by baochai; 09-07-07 at 12:57 PM. Reason: redundant message

Default Poor Baochai

I might be wrong but from reading the book and watching the movie too, I really feel bad and sorry for Baochai. She is beautiful, talented, and tactful too, but yet she has to marry Baoyu. With her beauty and family background she could get a much better husband, at least someone who appreciates her beauty and talent. Everybody seems to favor Daiyu and hate Baochai, but I see no reason to hate her.....I don't see there is anything wrong with being tactful. Daiyu has great talent w/ poetry too, but she is too jealous and stuck up. I don't know why everybody is so favor with Daiyu and ignore/forget about her imperfection. Daiyu is also very self-center and care for no one but herself. It's like being jealous as Daiyu is good, and being nice, thoughtful as Baaochai is bad. I don't know whether it's an author's intention to make people in favor of Daiyu or not, since he described Baochai with flawless maner and beauty.....and she got no sympathy while little jealous/mean Daiyu gets all favor/attention from the audience. I guess if Baochai wasn't chosen to marry Baoyu then she would get a better/fair judgment. After all, I think Baochai does deserve a better husband than Baoyu. That's why this is a very sad ending to have Baochai marrying an "idiot" Baoyu. "Idiot" is because he didn't appreciate a perfect wife "Baochai" he has and longed for someone that was not nearly like her.
    Last edited by baochai; 09-07-07 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling

I don't think so... BaoChai had her flaws too, but I think they were more camaflauged so you may have to think more deeply in order to see them...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Dang View Post
    yea they all have similar makeup, especially the skin color and lips. the prettiest actresses there i think are bao chai, wangxifeng, and pinger.
    Yes, I think so too....I really like Baochai's beauty! Anybody knows what happens to the actress who played Baochai now or what other films she has been acted? Is there any website about her? Please share w/ us if you know :-) Thanks

You mean the actress who played Bao Chai in the 80s version?? I heard(if I remember correctly) that she now lives in the US. Her name is Zhou Li(I think, if I remember correctly) or something like that...

Too bad, I couldn't find any info. about Zhou Li
    Anyway, I heard there is a conflict b/w director and casting crew in the remake of HLM. Director wasn't happy w/ actresses chosen to play Baochai and Dai Yu.....Well, to me she is right in some point for I think the new Baochai isn't as pretty as she should be, unlike the 1987 version. I think they did a very good job in casting in this old version.

Default The Dream of the Adaptation

If only it was just a conflict! The current situation is that the director (Hu Mei) has quit the project. The production company, HLBN, has apparently replaced her. Best-case scenario is a long delay before the production process restarts. Everything is on hold at the moment, and there are even some rumours Hu Mei plans to produce a rival Hong Lou Meng adaptation in competition with HLBN's (!).

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx View Post
    If only it was just a conflict! The current situation is that the director (Hu Mei) has quit the project. The production company, HLBN, has apparently replaced her. Best-case scenario is a long delay before the production process restarts. Everything is on hold at the moment, and there are even some rumours Hu Mei plans to produce a rival Hong Lou Meng adaptation in competition with HLBN's (!).
    Li Shao Hong appears to be Hu Mei's replacement. Her previous television works include Da Ming Gong Ci and Ju Zi Hong Le. Hu Mei might direct a movie version of HLM, but she says it's not meant to "compete" with the new TV adaptation.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Does anyone know the name of this actor? He looks really familiar, and not just from HLM.
    He is Gao Liang (also known as Gao Hong Liang)..a dancer turned actor..he acted as Wu Ci You (Kang Xi's teacher) in the Kang Xi Wang Chao (CDM's version)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Master Wong; 06-29-09 at 01:46 AM.

back when they had more authentic scenery. now and days just so much cgi.
    this series is awesome.