Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ma

what's the english title of fan li fa?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by short_dudette
    Can anyone post a pisture of his wife? Thanks! I really think that Joe is a great actor and he's best paired up with Maggie!
    Here it is,

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2003-9-17/2003917172231652.jpg')

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Can someone translate this interview?
    http://www.singpao.com/20030513/gossip/371144.html
    Many artists have been gone through very tough years before they become a well known actor or actress. From a man always stands beside the main actress, to nowadays, everybody knows his name as "Ma Sir", Joe is getting his goal in progress.

Viligante Force has lead a talking point in between people, Joe acted as Ken in VF impressed the audiances. Joe said Ken is a very sharp and good role. After VF has shown in TVB Jade, everytime he went out, people would call him "Ma Sir". Joe joking, "They did call my name right, my sure name is Ma and I was a policeman before."

To be continued.... sorry about that !

Cherrie,

I am assuming that it'll be "Fan Li Fa," because this series is about her (Fan Li Fa's her name) just like Anne Heung in Legend of Lady Yang.

oic... hey, joe's wife is not bad looking. she actually looks like an actress...can't remember who... she's a model right?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Wink

Yep... Joe's wife is a former model, her name is Marjorie. She is now a master graduate of HKUST.

She and Joe have married for 10 years

To Cherrie,

Fan Li Fa english name is Battlefield Courtships (not offical name, just found from a website.)

BTW, was Joe kicked out by the police force, I don't know.
    But Joe once said in an interview, " After being a G4 member for years, the routine trainings of both physical and arm controlling skills made me feel bore. Always keep our skills and body in a high standard made me tired. That time, I was already a part-time model. One day, my superior asked me "Do u know u will be forced to quit if u still doing part-time job." I replied him " So just let me quit"."
    So I think he was resigned from the force by himself.
    Last edited by Quinnie; 09-23-03 at 07:55 PM.

Mystery, thanks so much for posting the plot/spoilers for the rest of the series. I think I will have to check out those other two series that you mentioned. Btw, who are the actors/actresses in those them?

Joe Ma's wife does look pretty. It's nice to hear that they've been married for 10 series considering the industry that they're both in.

I've seen a picture of Joe's wife i think shes quite pretty, and i think they have a 6 year old son together.......i think.
    @)--;-----
    Yan Kuan
    Wot more do u want?!

MsPowerbomb,

You're welcome. In "The Legend of the General Who never Was," the hero is played by Alex Man Zhi Leung, and Sheren Tsang played his love interest (mother-in-law of Fan Li Fa). Michael Tao played a villain in this series. It seems like before "Files of Justice," that're all he allowed to play. In "General Father, General Son," Felix Wong played Fan Li Fa's love interest, and Fan Li Fa is played by Chan Man Yee. Francis Ng made a brief appearance as the Crown Prince.

Like I told you, you can read the reviews of these two series at the home of Spcnet.tv under archive of old TVB series. Good luck!

Originally posted by Lucky_Doraemon
    I've seen a picture of Joe's wife i think shes quite pretty, and i think they have a 6 year old son together.......i think.
    Read from a newspaper saying that Joe's son is only 3 yrs old in year 2002. So he will be 4 now. But I am not sure the reporter wrote it rightly or not.

Thanks Mystery! I'll be sure to check it out!

Originally posted by Quinnie
    Read from a newspaper saying that Joe's son is only 3 yrs old in year 2002. So he will be 4 now. But I am not sure the reporter wrote it rightly or not.

hehe woops!! But i'm so sure i read that his son is 6 years old and is called Peter Ma......you never know maybe i got it wrong.
    @)--;-----
    Yan Kuan
    Wot more do u want?!

Originally posted by Lucky_Doraemon
    hehe woops!! But i'm so sure i read that his son is 6 years old and is called Peter Ma......you never know maybe i got it wrong.
    Are u sure his english name is Peter Ma? I only know his chinese name.

If yes, his name is very common. Thanks Lucky_Doraemon.

what's his son's chinese name?
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    what's his son's chinese name?
    Ma Joi Sheung

Can someone post a pic of his son.....

Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup
    http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

October 6th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031007/ent/1007enew69p1.gif')

[Oriental Daily]

Sonija Kwok and Joe Ma have been specially chosen to film a special show entitled "Focus on Creating a New Path in Broadcasting" and although they were both wearing polo necks and leather coats for filming some wirework scenes, they don't mind because not everyone gets this chance.

After filming for "Nameless Angels 3D" Sonija had an ear infection that affected her balance and was nauseous for two weeks. Luckily she is better now and seeing Priscilla Chan's ear imbalance condition that may cause her retirement from entertainment, Sonija is very concerned and hopes that the condition will not return.

In fact, in the four years since Sonija won the Miss Hong Kong pageant, she has been filming non-stop and this has caused her to become ill. However, she feels that she needs to grasp every opportunity. TVB have been very understanding of her situation though and allowed her to take some time off to rest.

As for the postponement by TVB of airing Sonija's "The Legend of Love" that she filmed with her boyfriend Deric Wan, and replacing it with "The Driving Power", Sonija is somewhat disappointed with TVB's decision to make the change to try and rescue the ratings. However she adds that she will be guest starring in the last episode of "The Driving Power" where she plays a nanny who flirts with Adam Cheng. This is an opening for a sequel and she says that working with Adam for the first time, she was very nervous and often NG'ed. Adam was kind to her and not only did not scold her, but comforted her instead.

Joe Ma had taken his wife on holiday to Italy, but had flown back early because of this job and had to start work immediately after stepping off the plane. He says that TVB is giving him a lot of opportunities and he does not mind cutting short his holiday. He is confident with TVB's planned airing of "Triumph in the Skies" because of the strong cast in the show.

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a69cnt.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another series with Sonjia..... Well I do hope her ear infection is all okay however, but what is up with all these series with her?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That抯 why we call it,
    The Present.

Lightbulb

The following Joe's programs is going to show in HK

"Wild Castaway 2003: disciplined service elite" (non-official name)
    (紀律精英臺雪狂奔)
    Date:15, 22, 29 Nov 2003,
    Time: 2030
    Channel: TVB Jade

The Making of "Wild Castaway 2003"
    Date: 8 Nov 2003
    Time: 2300

The show of Community Chest: 35th Anniversary
    (《萬眾同心公益卅五年》)
    Date: 8 Nov 2003
    Time: 2035
    Note: Joe will take parts in 2 programs, one is called 「善款高飛上雲霄」, he will pair with Flora Chan in 「公益愛心彰善影」.

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

well thx every1 for all da info.... i didnt kno joe ma wuz married! WOW 10 yrs eh? very loyal ^___^ his wife is not bad looking.... they actually llook good together............ amazing....... cool.... lolz joe ma iz SO tall (quite the opposite of myself) and he looked okay with kenix in Vigilante force......... he iz very good at acting..... i liked it wen he played that mongolian king in EH too ^__^ in conclusion... joe ma iz not that good looking but.... he iz a very talented actor ^_____^
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

Default News of Joe

Joe will film a new modern drama with Jessica Hsuen at December. Joe will act a violinist who teaches children to play violin.

Joe's wife - Marjorie has got the doctor degree of Philosophy(Social Science) of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.

Besides, Joe will publish his first singing album at the end of Noverember. At first, this album is not for sale becoz it is a promotion gift of an Italy Car Racing Clothes Company (Joe becomes its ad model). The good and latest news is that the album is for sale now. It will publish at 21/22 Nov.

There are 2 songs inside the album, as Joe has told the reporter....

Joe up coming shows in HK:

TVB 36th Aniversary
    Date: 19 Nov 2003
    Time: 20:00 - 23:00

TVB 2004 Programs Preview
    Date: 19 Nov 2003
    Time: 2300 - 2345