Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: 9 Yang and 9 Yin

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default 9 Yang and 9 Yin

    9 Yang from what I know is mostly internal kung fu. 9 Yin on the other hand has a combination of both outer and inner. I don't really remember 9 Yang having much internal. So there shouldn't be any, should there? Besides I think the new origin of 9 Yang is absolutely HORRIBLE! I prefer the old one of Da Muo. I'm curious, which one do you think is better, 9 Yin or 9 Yang? I personally think 9 Yang for inner (never said, but by the way they describe it), and 9 Yin for outer (because 9 Yang doesn't have much outer, if there is any). Overall......, not too sure, but I'll go with 9 Yang.

  2. #2
    Senior Member superboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    I'll choose the comprehensive 9 Yin anytime.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    9 Yang from what I know is mostly internal kung fu. 9 Yin on the other hand has a combination of both outer and inner. I don't really remember 9 Yang having much internal. So there shouldn't be any, should there? Besides I think the new origin of 9 Yang is absolutely HORRIBLE! I prefer the old one of Da Muo. I'm curious, which one do you think is better, 9 Yin or 9 Yang? I personally think 9 Yang for inner (never said, but by the way they describe it), and 9 Yin for outer (because 9 Yang doesn't have much outer, if there is any). Overall......, not too sure, but I'll go with 9 Yang.
    What's the logic here?

    You dont remember it, so there shouldnt be any?

    Early in the post you wrote that 9Yang doesnt have much internal, yet you chose 9Yang over 9Yin?
    I wish people would back their assertions about facts with facts.

    Just because something is your opinion, doesnt necessarily make it true.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    50

    Default

    i think the full version of 9yin not the versions practiced by mei chao feng/ zzr more like the version by lady yang

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    364

    Default

    i think the general consensus aroudn this forum is (just based on my previous readings in this forum) is that 9 Yang is stronger in internal energy and 9 yin is better for the overall martial artist.

    Damo would get too much credit - he already invented Yi Jin Jing (the most powerful internal kungfu in DGSD 2nd edition) - if he gets credit for 9 yang too. Don't like the idea of one person inventing all these special manauls - the character ironically (in my mind at least) woudl seem more mythical (awesome) to me if there was only one powerful internal energy manual attached to his/her name.

  6. #6
    Senior Member qiaofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gai Bang
    Posts
    472

    Default

    damo's supposed to be the strongest fighter that ever lived, even stronger than sweeper. he invented most of the 72 techniques, so i dont have a problem with him inventing 9 yang

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,343

    Default Ups

    I earlier meant 9 Yang didn't have much outer. Sorry.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    damo's supposed to be the strongest fighter that ever lived, even stronger than sweeper. he invented most of the 72 techniques, so i dont have a problem with him inventing 9 yang
    Well, in the older edition Damo invented both 9 Yang and 9 Yin. If Damo were to invent YJJ, some of the 72 arts, 9 Yang, and 9 Yin, that is a large amount of martial arts there. It probably won't be problem for sweeper to learn all these, but it would be a problem for him or even Damo to create all of these, which are 3 different system of martial arts. Studying martial arts and theorizing new styles and method is extremely time consuming.

    And I have always thought Damo as an enlightened monk and not a fighter.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Yes, Damo is an enlightened monk alright... Jin Yong gave him TOO much credit in those wonderful skills his passed to his disciples.

    Actually, I forgotten where I read from. But the fact is, YiJinJing is actually Yoga. There's not a mention of Xishuijing however. He saw at that time Shaolin monks are physically weak, thus taught them ways to strengthen them.

    It was like ;;;;;; to me. Thinking that my cousin practises that 4 times a week. Guess she might be a real exponent by now? (Remember how Iron Mask manage to be quite powerful after practising it)

    Btw, the real 72 skills are lost from Shaolin. Only a few is left. Now the creme is with those 'sujiadizi' (Venerables, not monks) who took them out during the troubled times in China. Now, due to their faith, they are slowly returning them back to Shaolin. To confirm, once the real 72 skills are intact, you can pay a visit to www.shaolin.com for details.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default 9 Yin vs 9 Yang manual?

    Which manual contains the more powerful techniques? I would say the 9 Yang since it gives its user a huge load of internal energy and the ability to imitate other styles with one look (I think, it could possible be that ZWJ was just that cunning).

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    9yang could be considered the composite of 9yin inner power with shaolin inner power. it had martial theoriees but no stance or real skills.
    9yin had the combined daoist martial arts theories for inner power and skills from the song dynasty. and with techniques for overcome all the skills that existed before the yuan dynasty.

    9yang does not give you the ability to copy skills with a glance. only XYP's Xiaowuxianggong does that. QKDNY allows you to use your energy freely and had the understanding of all of the world's martial arts basic(inner power usage technqies?). so ZWJ was able to understand and learn quickly. the higher your inner power, the easier it is for you to learn a technqiue. this is not unique to 9yang alone. however 9yang is consider the the essence of the world various inner power styles combined.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  13. #13
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    9yang could be considered the composite of 9yin inner power with shaolin inner power. it had martial theoriees but no stance or real skills.
    9yin had the combined daoist martial arts theories for inner power and skills from the song dynasty. and with techniques for overcome all the skills that existed before the yuan dynasty.

    9yang does not give you the ability to copy skills with a glance. only XYP's Xiaowuxianggong does that. QKDNY allows you to use your energy freely and had the understanding of all of the world's martial arts basic(inner power usage technqies?). so ZWJ was able to understand and learn quickly. the higher your inner power, the easier it is for you to learn a technqiue. this is not unique to 9yang alone. however 9yang is consider the the essence of the world various inner power styles combined.
    what's so special with 9 yang i prefer BMSG or even XWSG. With BMSG you have no limit to how much internal you can get

  14. #14
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    what's so special with 9 yang i prefer BMSG or even XWSG. With BMSG you have no limit to how much internal you can get
    Some people see Bak Ming Sun Gung as "cheating." We once had a discussion about whether or not stealing another person's inner power via Bak Ming Sun Gung was ethical. I forgot what we concluded (if anything), but that discussion is still out there somewhere.

    One thing about training in Bak Ming Sun Gung is that you need to have a number of fortuitous encounters with people who have strong inner power to make it useful. If you practice Bak Ming Sun Gung in a cave for five years, you aren't any more powerful at the end of those five years than you were before. You have to find some targets to leech from.

    With something like 9 Yeung Jen Ging, however, you don't have to depend on others or get lucky. As long as you can figure it out, you can do it for yourself. If you're scrupulous, you don't have to worry about it being like "cheating."

  15. #15
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Some people see Bak Ming Sun Gung as "cheating." We once had a discussion about whether or not stealing another person's inner power via Bak Ming Sun Gung was ethical. I forgot what we concluded (if anything), but that discussion is still out there somewhere.

    One thing about training in Bak Ming Sun Gung is that you need to have a number of fortuitous encounters with people who have strong inner power to make it useful. If you practice Bak Ming Sun Gung in a cave for five years, you aren't any more powerful at the end of those five years than you were before. You have to find some targets to leech from.

    With something like 9 Yeung Jen Ging, however, you don't have to depend on others or get lucky. As long as you can figure it out, you can do it for yourself. If you're scrupulous, you don't have to worry about it being like "cheating."
    since you don't lose your internal by getting leech all you can do is to leech someone and wait for that person to recover and do the same all over

  16. #16
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,959

    Default

    It'd probably be more economic just to move on and find another person to leech from, but unless you've got Main Character Mojo like Deun Yu had, chances are you won't find too many prime targets...or be able to avoid that target running a sword through you before you can do any leeching.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It'd probably be more economic just to move on and find another person to leech from, but unless you've got Main Character Mojo like Deun Yu had, chances are you won't find too many prime targets...or be able to avoid that target running a sword through you before you can do any leeching.
    If you think about it DY actually have the potential to become the most powerful in JY universe, but the case with DY is that he didn't want to learn MA in the first place.

    Glad it was DY who got his hands at BMSG imagine kau mo zhi he would totally wreack havok in wulin

  18. #18
    Senior Member ChanceEncounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It'd probably be more economic just to move on and find another person to leech from, but unless you've got Main Character Mojo like Deun Yu had, chances are you won't find too many prime targets...or be able to avoid that target running a sword through you before you can do any leeching.
    Tie him up and then leech away. Even leeching from a bunch of scrubs will boost your internal pretty quick.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng View Post
    damo's supposed to be the strongest fighter that ever lived, even stronger than sweeper. he invented most of the 72 techniques, so i dont have a problem with him inventing 9 yang
    hes the strongest fighter ever if you consider sitting there facing a wall to be fighting.

  20. #20
    Senior Member sarakoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where DO I live?
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    9Yang had a limit.

    For all we know, 9Yin had no limit. GJ cultivated energy unconsciously by simply breathing. Suppose he wasn't killed when the Mongols took Xiangyang and lived to be 100 or even 120. That's a lot of breathing.

Similar Threads

  1. 9 Yin vs 9 Yang -- internal aspect
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-16-19, 02:47 AM
  2. Yin Yang netural
    By druid in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-07, 05:50 AM
  3. Were 9 Yin and 9 Yang meant to be learn together?
    By Yeung Gor in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-07, 10:25 PM
  4. 9 Yin/9 Yang (the book)
    By Whsie in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-26-06, 04:41 AM
  5. Yin vs. Yang
    By Candide in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-16-04, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •