Thread: My Little Chicken

Lightbulb My Little Chicken

Hello there, Alice's here, hahaha, not my name lol., my pen name maybe? hahaha . anyway, this is a funny story inspired by one of my fav. k-drama: full house. but's it's not a copy cat, it's just the "Chicken" from Rain.. lol. so plz read n give me comment so i could write more. this is random talk, so the grammar is bad but for the story, don't worry, u can understand. well enjoy..

----------------------------
    Chapter 1: Encounter

"Ah Shoot, I'm late again for the damn school, how annoying", I says as I ran out of my room holding my backpack and socks. My name is Quan Tran and I live in America for ten years already. I came here with my parents when I was only seven so I don't really know much about Vietnamese history but a little about the language. Well, this is my last year in high school and I really hope that everything will go fine. There has been a lot of people transfering to my high school for reasons I really do not know. Rumors have it that there are two very cool, hot, and smart guys at our school that is why so many different girls transferred. I think the reason is absurd since who would change school for some stupid hot guys?

My mom just stands down near the kitchen packing her lunch for work today and as she is packing and looking at me, I wave and get out of the house before she could say anything. She will probably nag me about hwo I always arrive at school late. Gees, it's not my fault, it's my brain's fault that it wouldn't wake up. While I think about my morning lateness and continue to walk to my car, I spot a girl dressing in white long skirt with pink striped short sleeve shirt with her fair down, flowing like the wind has brought its feather upon it, looking very solemn and tranquil. I wonder why I never see her before. Oh now I remember, last week, she moved here to live with her parents. If I'm not mistaken, her parents lived alone in this house for a year already since they moved here two years after us.

So I walk a few steps towards her to introduce myself, "Hi, my name is Quan, what is yours?"

She didn't reply to me but instead examine my whole body wily, what is she doing? I divert her attention away by waving my hands in front of her face but she still wouldn't answer me. I knew, pretty girl like her sure is conceited, why did I even bother to talk to her?

As I turn to walk away, I hear her says, "If you change that outfit of yours and cut your hair the way any guy should, I bet you would look really hot."

Did I hear that right? What did she just say? I need to cut my hair and change the way I dress? Who the hell does she think she is to say such things to me? I feel terrible mad right now that I can careless about school so I approach her again.

"What did you just say?" I demand her in an angry tone.

"Isn't it clear already? If what I say is wrong, you wouldn't be standing here looking at me in that bullfrog eyes of yours." She answers so surely that she is totaly right which really angers me even more. Doesn't this girl knows any manners when talking to a stranger? Well, even if this stranger approaches her first.

"Why do you say that?"

"B'cuz, i know you are a nice guy and such a nice guy with built body should deserved some recognition as to his clothes as well as hair." She replies in a manner that shows she is used to this.

"Watever", I say as I wave myself away from her. This girl sure is weird, I don't want to have anything to do with her at all. If I don't hurry and go to school, I would definitely be late.

--------------------------------
    since it's too late....that's it for now, i just wrote this from scratch.....
    write more if ppl like it...
    Last edited by Alice725; 09-28-05 at 04:50 PM.
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?

Default ch.1 continues....

okay, here goes, plz, this just comes from no where..

----------------------

Walking slowly to the school entrance, I try to grasp as to why that girl said that. I didn't do anything mean to her; all I did was trying to welcome her to her new home, maybe I should have minded my business. Today, I want to forget about everything and actually try hard in school. Even though today didn't start out well, I will try to make it well. I just hope that I won't see her again. When I say I don't want to see her, I'm serious about it, please.

However, the school seems to be busy today, not that it is not busy any other days. I try to walk to the front of the group forming to see what happens that cause such a great commotion. When I reach my destination and as I try to look into the crowd, I see someone that earlier I just wished I would not see. She is standing near a whole bunch of guys, rich and snobby guys who only sought shallow girls of course, and seems to really careless about them. Earlier when I see her standing in front of her house, I thought she would be better than that. After all, she is just like everyday average girls who sought for attentions. As I can see, all she really needs is that people acknowledge the fact she exists. Seeing how she is, all of a sudden, I become disinterested in today’s business as well as everybody else’s. Walking away from the crowd, I silently head towards the cafeteria where my friends always sit in the morning. Knowing that I only have a few minutes before the bell rings, I change my direction and head to the library. Even thought it might be boring up there, at least there won’t be too much sounds.

Climbing up the stairs of endless steps, I try hard to maintain my posture for people are walking past me right now as well. When I reach the top of the stairs and as I try to open the door, somebody on the other side obviously slam it open towards my face. This sure does not sounds good for a morning experience. Early in the morning and I already get hurt? I am so mad right now that I yell in front of the dude’s face, “What the hell were you thinking slamming like that?”

With a clueless face he puts on, he says, “Huh?”

My veins are currently popping up and down trying to relax themselves but no mater how hard they try, this bastard continues to agitate them and despite how hard I try, I cannot hold myself in wanting t0 beat him up. “You should at least apologizes, you idiot.” I say to him meanly but too bad that he has to get on my tails on the wrong day; today I get bashed by that girl and now him, what is wrong with life?

Scratching the back of his neck, he smiles and apologizes, “Oops, sorry pal, didn’t mean to do that to you.”

Now he makes me feel bad for being petty. Damn him, the “nice” treatment sure helps to make people feel bad. So I am forced to say, “It is alright, no big.” After that, I walk away towards where I had wanted to go earlier. School is starting to get on my nerves. Wait, school has always been getting on my nerves and it is just that now with her appearance, there is no meaning in school. Well, except for learning something I should learn, I guess.

Upstairs, I pace around first before I actually enter the library for I really do not know why I cannot bring myself in opening the library’s door. It is like inside, a feeling is telling me not open. After a few seconds of thinking, I finally give up and turn around to walk away for I bet in a few seconds, the bell will ring anyway. Before I could even escape this place, I believe I bump into someone. Someone very small yet smells really nice, the smell belongs to that of a girl. I don’t believe it, but for the third time this morning, I see her again. Even though we attend the same school, why is it that I have to see her three times in such a short period of time?

Her head starts to tilt, her eyes seem careless for they possess no souls, no meanness, and just stand there to serve as a guide for her to see. I don’t know why but seeing her like this, I feel like there is something about her that I can’t quite grasp about. It is as if she possesses some power to draw people to her, even though she is mean and cold all the time. He outside appearance can really deceive people of her innocence but in reality, beneath the surface, she is complicated one. The way she walks to the way she glances at people just tell me how much she is actually examining them. The choice of her clothes, even though she told me to dress modernly and coolly, isn’t that liberal herself. In fact, she dresses very traditional for an Asian person. White and pink together really create a color scheme of peacefulness but the clothes themselves are very ironic. They serve to bring out her calm nature but there seems to be something missing. Something in her that is missing, something that tells me she is not so calm and relax herself. Like right now, even though she is surrounded by a lot of guys and girls who might think she is cool although she just transferred, she doesn’t seem to be really happy.

“Are you going to move?”

I think I hear someone speaking something to me. I open my mind to that person and I find her standing in front of me looking very cocky like as if I’m doing what she considers extremely idiotic. Not just her, but the guys behind her are staring at me with their raised eyebrows trying to hit me that I should move. So I take my chance and move while they open the door but just people they could enter, the bell rings. For a while now, I’m actually glad that the bell rings. I don’t even know why I even bother trying to figure her out. Standing there perplexed at my own thoughts, she passes me. I look towards the direction she walks and as the guys yell out, “Buom, wait up”, I finally know her name. Buom, isn’t it? That names seem to fit her, she is like a quiet butterfly trying to pass through high school, maybe just like me.

-----
    okay, like i said, i updated.......
    i said the story would be funny but so far, it's not that funnyy......need some development. okay, plz tell me if anything is wrong or it at least, it's good so far.

okay, any reading, plz is this good? should i continue?.....
    Last edited by Alice725; 09-30-05 at 10:03 PM.
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?

*Super duper blah blah talk*

man, nobody read this? *sniff* it makes me feel bad. but.....as a writer (amateur that is....) i should continue to the end. This will be the first story i finish.....well, aja aja fighting!!!! kekekeeekeke.

----------------------------

Chapter 2: Split Personality?????

Entering my usual class for first period, which is English, I see some very familiar faces from last year. As a non-popular person I am, I remain quiet and just choose a seat from the very back corner. Sitting next to me is this football player guy who looks very stupid but really, he is like number one in our class. I don’t get why does this guy have looks, reputation, and brain? Sometimes, when I think too much about other people being better than me, I look at myself and see how much I really want to change to be like them. Logically, I would get jealous and blame the world for being unfair. Then again, when I see in them as shallow beings just seeking for people to know them, I start to feel better. It doesn’t mean that if a person is not as pretty, not as smart, who doesn’t stand out as much would be the glum of the world. That person has his/her choice of whether trying to be active or not. If you live in this world without comparing yourself to other, maybe, just maybe you would not feel so bad. I apply this concept to myself and when I feel like I really hate the fact that I am not as bright as others, I believe that I have my own traits that people like. Around me right now, people look so happy in trying to look pretty, pretend like they are cool, and act arrogant. Wouldn’t it be cool if all these people could just remain their true selves and forget about public opinions? I might say this, but I myself, sometimes fell victim to the so called “public opinions” in this world.

As I thought this over, I see Buom enter the room. Looking over to my right side where the smart guy sits, his name is Joe I believe, and I see that he looks interested in her. See what I mean, when guys like him see someone pretty, they become all malicious and horny. I am a guy too so I guess I know how it means to see a girl. However, I wonder what Buom would react when he tries to flirt with her. Talking about her, she goes to the teacher to say that she just transfers. After that, the teacher motions her to choose a seat and sit down. She looks around and I look around as well. The only seat that seems to available is the seat in front of me and the seat on the right side of Joe. I think she will choose the seat next to him; why would she even bother to sit in front of me? As I look up, I am surprised to see that she is walking towards my direction with her apathetic face. I seriously believe that she does not know how to smile. Even if she smiles, her smile seems so fake, so artificial that anybody could tell there is pain hidden in it. Then she puts down her purse and sits right in front of me without saying anything. What is she doing? There is still another seat over there and why did she choose this one? I can now tell that the other girls are laughing and snickering about her sitting in front of me. But she doesn’t seem to care at all, instead, she takes out a book and begin to read.

There is something in her that I begin to notice; she isn’t as bad as I thought. Considering how pretty she is, she could fit in the cheerleader groups but instead, she only hangs out with guys. No, it is actually the guys surrounding her. At first glance, she looks like as though she only likes to talk to pretty and popular people, but digging below her surface, I can tell that she hates those people but just wouldn’t show it.

“Quan, can you explain to Buom what we are currently doing? She just transfers here so she doesn’t know what we are doing.” The teacher says as she resumes to her computer trying to finish the grade sheet for first six weeks. She writes down on her board today’s journal and everybody starts writing. Buom slowly turns around to face me and recognizing the way she looks at me, she is ready for me to tell her about the class’s procedures.

“Well, when you get in the class, the first thing to do is warm up. Basically it’s a journal”, I begin.

“She provides it or I buy it?” She asks.

“She provides it but actually, you could buy your own if you like”, I reply back.

“Okay, continue please.”

“Since the first six weeks, you are not here, I don’t think you have to worry about making up anything. Right now, we are about to read a book, I think it’s Greek Mythology so you should buy it. That’s really it so far, as for the grading policy, she will give you the info later.” After I finish, she turns around and says thanks. She seems so quiet, which makes me feel a bit left out. At any rate, I should begin writing soon.

Soon, the class period ends. We didn’t do much; the teacher just makes us write a time writing essay so she could finish her grade sheets. I guess this could be considered as a free day of doing nothing but writing. Being the last person to exit the doorway, I notice that Buom just stands there in front of me. With a smile, for the first time, she speaks “Let’s go together.”

I’m a bit surprised at her words. Let’s go together? What? I really don’t get why she would say that. But anyway, we walk together down the stairway. I don’t know why we are heading the same direction yet I’m still glad and quite happy. This feeling is funny; I can’t quite explain it to myself. On the way, she speaks to me in a very low voice, different from before, “The hallway is pretty; why are they decorating it?”

“Huh? Oh that, yeah, we are preparing for homecoming, a dance at school.”

“A dance, you say?”

“Yeah, you want to go?” I ask her.

“Huh?”

“No, I mean like,” I stutter in front of her which makes me really embarrassed, “what I mean is that, are you interested in going?”

She chuckles before she answers, “Why are you stuttering? You look so funny; it’s the first time I see a guy stutter in front of me.”

Her smile this time seems so surreal that it makes me feel warm inside. She looks so much like a baby who just finds a toy. “Yeah, I stutter a lot so don’t worry”, I say to her. Truthfully, I lie, I don’t really stutter a lot. Since when did I stutter like this?

“So, are you going to the dance then?”

“Huh?”

She then looks at me with her round eyes waiting for me to answer. “Oh, yeah, I don’t think so since I don’t have a date.”

“You have to have a date to go dancing?” She asks me innocently. This is totally different from how she acts earlier. She looks so calm and relax now, so original that it seems almost impossible to look at her as an arrogant girl. What happened?

“No, you don’t have to but it’s always better to go with company. You know, a guy and a girl…”

“Oh I see, well then let’s go together. I think we will have fun. I want to know how it is that you dance here. Back at my school in California, I want to see the difference between the schools.”

“Really?” I ask.

With a sad smile, she says, “Yeah…”

Seems like I just remind her of something sad that happened to her. I, for a moment, want to know what has happened to her that she has to move here. I’m quite curious about it.

"Anyway, when is the dance?” she asks.

“Oh, it’s this Saturday at 7:00 p.m.” I answer.

“I see, well then, I will go with you?’

Turning around to face her, I’m quite shocked that she asked me that. Is this what people so call a date? Oh no, for the first time in my life, a girl asks me out. What should I do what should I do? Should I reject her or accept? Such a beautiful girl asks you out, Quan you should accept.

“You see, since you live near me and you are going, aren’t you?’ She opens her big round eyes to ask me.

With a faint chuckle, I say, “Of course, why wouldn’t I?”

“Okay then. It wouldn’t be too bad to go together since I don’t really know anyone as nice as you to go with. Anyway, I will see you tomorrow since today is Friday already, hehehhe.” She says then run away to her class. Looking at her back, I really don’t understand her personality. Earlier this morning, she was so mean and now look at her, she acts like a child. My head is spinning a 180 degree spin. God, why do you have to create such a complicated, yet beautiful, creature in this world? Even if you do create such fine creatures, please make me as fine too. No wait, the word fine to describe a guy like me is really too much. Let’s just put it this way. Even if you do create such fine creatures, please make me as handsome as they are. Great, that sounds better even though I really should expand my vocabulary to greater degree.

Tomorrow, I can’t wait for tomorrow to come. It will be the first date in the seventeen beautiful years of my life.

-------------------

Cool

"Super Duper blah baba talk"

Helooooo. chatper 3 is done. hm...i really wonder as if anybody is reading n i really want to know how i write.......T*T *sniff* anyway, please enjoy (to those who reads...that is...)

---------------------

Chapter 3: A guy’s painful adventure

That night I visit Buom’s house since she says that if I want to go with her to the dance, I must change my image. I really honestly thought she has changed but in the end, nothing really changed about her besides the fact that she actually talked to me. I really don’t know why but seems like, her parents really welcome me. I’m so happy to know that since this is really the first time I go inside their house. Before, I did some errands for them when they ask me but to be inside their house feeling comfortable like this is really the first. I don’t really want to be sitting in her room though because it feels uncomfortable with her, I mean, in her room. Well, I have to have courage when it comes to her. I really think she hates guys with no courage or strength.

“Hmph, I should visit your house instead of letting you coming to my house. I mean, how could I show you anything with my house?” She says as she continues to think to her own. Wandering in her own lost thoughts, she mumbles this and that in her own alien language that I can’t seem to comprehend. The feelings that she gives me now is totally different from the feelings I experienced when she was with other guys. It sounds weird to have a guy says that doesn’t it? Well, I am not a normal guy then.

“Well, I don’t know what to say.” I peaceful tell her.

With a stern look, she says “Yep, you don’t know ha? Well, we can still plan and all, since tomorrow is Saturday so there is no school and the dance starts at 7.”

“Huh? Plan?” I ask.

“Yep, we are going shopping tomorrow, how about that?”

“Shopping?”

“You don’t like it?”

“No, that’s not what I mean but why shopping tomorrow?”

“Because I feel like it and it’s cool. If you want to look good, the first thing you have to do is take some actions. So what do you say?” She says in the usual apathetic face of her again. How I wish I have the strength to refuse her words now. I mean, I do have “decent” clothes at home so I really don’t want to waste money and who knows what she will pick out. As a guy I am, I can’t say that so openly so I guess the best choice is to go along with her.

“I think so, why not?” I reluctantly say to her.

“There, bingo. Then tomorrow it is.”

After that, I leave her house in worried thoughts. First of all, I forgot to ask her why is she being so nice to me and second, I wonder what she wants in getting me to the dance. Somehow, the feelings inside me seem too good to be true. All of a sudden, a girl starts to like me and talk to me as if we are close friends? Moreover, the change from being so apathetic to being nice is just too ominous. Oh well, whatever happens tomorrow, let it happen.

It has been three hours of painstakingly searching and hunting for clothes, now, I’m seriously extremely tired. At this moment, I learn to admire the “ladies” who go shopping almost all the time. How could they not only have the patience but the legs to walk like this? The past three hours of my life sure seems like as if it has been three years of walking endlessly in the sun. Even though that might sounds exaggerating but it’s true, at least, that is how I, as guy, should feel. Although inside right now, I sure wish to sit down and read some magazine as well as drink coffee to enjoy my Saturday, I lie against myself to say to Buom that I really enjoy this hunting for clothes day.

“Man, we search high and low but it seems like, your body doesn’t match anything I look for you.” She says while having her finger rest on her lips, as if playing a detective role looking for a clue.

To be honest, it’s not that I don’t match in her clothes, it’s more like I can’t seem to find anything she pick out for me at least decent enough. For real, she picked all the weirdo kinds of clothes that are either too loose or tight. For goodness sake, as a guy I am, I like to enjoy the fresh air (but not too much) and not the tight cloth. Yet, I can’t seem to say to her that her tastes are not suitable for me. Looking at how carefully she looks, I really can’t say to her that I don’t want to go anymore. What should I do? As I follow her from behind, she turns around.

“This is getting no where”, she finally says after a moment of thinking.

“Huh?” I blankly reply to her.

“You see, usually, I don’t shop for guys so I really don’t know how I should really dress you.” She says while laughing nervously at me with her fingers scratching her head.

With a wild expression on my face that shows her just how surprise I am I finally open my mouth to say, “Why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“Haaahah…..hahhaha….well, you see, I um…” She tries so hard to say the right words.

Letting out a long breath, I walk up to her and pull her to my car. Without asking me, she just goes along as I drive her to my house where I have what I need already. After fifteen minutes of driving, we finally arrive in front of my house - I guess her house as well. I get out of the car and go over to her passenger seat to open the door for her, I mean, isn’t that what every guys should do? With her big round eyes staring at me, she gets off with a smile on her face and then I close the door. Giving out a sigh, I say, “Why don’t we?”

She smiles again, which rarely happens when I see her with other people at school, and then run to the front door of my house. As confused as I am, I still can’t understand what she is trying to do. Then she giggles and says, “You stupid, you suppose to catch up to me. Look now, you are the slow turtle while I’m the rabbit.”

Now that I understand what she is trying to do, I run to her and tickle her. Unfortunately, my mom opens the door and asks, “Am I actually seeing things? Are you my son?”

I’m speechless. What can I say? In this situation between a mother and a son, what shall I say to her that wouldn’t make her mad? Well, let’s see, out of the thirty six tips, the best is to run. So I gather up my strength and run for my life – well, taking Buom along with me as well. After running for a while and running for no specific reason, I stop and think about why I should run. I mean, to be honest, I am not doing anything wrong. All I did was taking Buom to my house where she could pick out my clothes. The problem is I always assume that Asian moms would be strict with relationships and all that, hence the reason why I panicked. Then again, we aren’t really in any deep relationship. Basically, it just a type of healthy friendship, well, in this case, acquaintances? Too bad, now that I already ran away from home, not something that guys should be proud of, I better ask Buom for forgiven. As I turn around to apologize, a sweating creature in apron with her cooking utensil in her right hand stands puffing and huffing in front of me. As she begins to look up, she says, “What the hell are you thinking Quan?”

A sound of someone that sends breeze down my spine; a sound of someone that can kill even the liveliest flowers; the sound of someone that can scares even my stubborn dad; that sound of someone belongs to no other than my MOTHER. God, why don’t you just kill me now? Wait, before you kill me, please answer me, how in the world cannot I not distinguish between a mother’s hand and Buom’s hand? Am I really that stupid?

-------------

man, i feel sucked up. ist that right to say? okay, i have been neglecting to write my story since...i have another one that i like better,,,,kinda funkier....

see, i have the whole idea story in my mind...sorta a turn of events...then again, no body would mind since no body is reading anyway..

okay, let the sucked up author ( a term too good to describe me) assume that..

well then, by any chance i might write more of this pathetic yet somewhat ironic story later on.

for now, c ya later

*edit*

hahhahah, i vote my own thread terrble.....maybe that would keep ppl from reading.lol.....i'm stupid....@_@
    Last edited by Alice725; 11-06-05 at 05:31 PM.