90 80.36%
  • No

22 19.64%
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596
Results 1,901 to 1,911 of 1911

Thread: Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion 《覆雨翻雲》

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Patrick as Long Fan Wan? Not bad.

I have also thought of him as Long Fan Wan just now. But then, I remember that Long Fan Wan in the novel is suppose to be ugly and muscular. So, I didn't mention it.

So, who Moses going to be? Pong Ban?

Patrick is Long Fan Wan, and Maggie is Madam Seung Sau?

Long Fan Wan's first wife is Sik Sik. Long Fan Wan accidentally killed her? I didn't know that. I just thought she died of illness. Guess this fact will be mentioned in a later book. I'm just at the last chapter of book 2.

I'm not sure of the faithfulness of the sales presentation version as I only skimmed through the novel for CMY's part

Off topic: Now with TVB having more and more good looking (and young) actors.. I wonder if they will consider remaking Yang Family Warriors?

A little better than the prospect of 13 Protectors which will heavily rely on CGI.

I would prefer the 13 Protectors over then Yang Family Warriors. Yang Family Warriors has been done to death liao.

13 Protectors is a fresher storyline. Everything is not set yet. Maybe the final production won't be so CGI laden.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

If Moses and Patrick were chosen to be LFW and PB then what happened to the characters FHL and HP? What were TVB thinking back then? But whatever...in the end I think they did the right thing.

TVB script can focus on LFW and PB and make FHL and HP supporting characters. This is a very long novel with many characters and many subplots. There are many plots the scriptwriter can choose to focus on. Btw, Moses being PB is just my guess. I don't know for sure who he plays since sehshe didn't say. I guess he's PB because in the novel, only LFW is powerful enough to fight PB. PB and LWF are the 2 most powerful fighters in the novel.

I think you will love Long Fan Wan if he's main character, TommyH. Long Fan Wan is super duper powerful in the novel.

From the first 2 books, my favourite character is Ling Jin Tin. He's one of the older generation gand only appears in book 1. I hope he will appear again in later books. Long Fan Wan is also cool. I like his nickname, Fook Yu Sword Long Fan Wan. I also like the motley crew of younger generation from Lou Gau Bong (LWF's sect). All of them has been omited from the series.

kidd,

I'd like to know the importance of Fan Wan Dao in the book. No one really cared about getting the sabre in the series while the sword is wanted by Mongolians to Hans. There was even people to protect the sword!

As far as I know, there's no Fan Wan Sabre in the novel. That's what readers in the baidu forum said. I've only read up to book 2 and so far there was no mention of Fan Wan Sabre at all, only Fook Yu Sword, which belongs to Long Fan Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I would prefer the 13 Protectors over then Yang Family Warriors. Yang Family Warriors has been done to death liao.

13 Protectors is a fresher storyline. Everything is not set yet. Maybe the final production won't be so CGI laden.
    I know Yang Family got many remakes... but TVB version so many years liao...

Actually, all I wanted is (male) eye candy in costume series.

If I did not remember wrong, Long Fan Wan and Hon Pak is the central characters in the novel.

I'm in chap 170 of the novel.

Actually, there r 3 main chacs in the novel: Long Fan Wan, Fung Hung Lit and Hon Pak. There r some more guyz but these 3 r main.

Yup, there isn't Fan Wan Sabre.

The novel is way hotter than the series. Lolz, in Sung Tu Fu. Ha ha, FHL has 3 wives.

I like many characters in the novel. Long Fan Wan is a really good guy. FHL is ok. The only one that I dislike in the novel is Hon Pak. I dun like his characteristic, siu yan! He dun have main character smell. In the series, Hon Pak is better.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

Why is this series called Fook Yu Fan Wan if there's no Fan Wan Dao? Maybe the sabre will appear late like it did in the series? It never did recieve as much attention as the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Why is this series called Fook Yu Fan Wan if there's no Fan Wan Dao? Maybe the sabre will appear late like it did in the series? It never did recieve as much attention as the sword.
    My guess is that the title is derive from the 4 character chinese phrase, Fang Wan Fook Yu. So, this title does not actually refer to the sabre and sword.

翻云覆雨 (Fan Wan Fook Yu) - this phrase is use to describe a person who is unpredictable or good at using unscrupulous method.

Source: http://www.chengyu.org/Html/F/20060406110435188.htm

The title can also refers to the character of Long Fan Wan. His whole nickname is Fook Yu Sword Long Fan Wan. His nicknames includes all the characters in the novel's title liao.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-26-08 at 01:17 PM.

Finished!
    Gosh, I loved this.

I must confess I had to struggle through the first dozen eps or so. Fung Hak-lit seriously got on my nerves (I found his single-minded devotion to a woman annoying as hell; I really don't appreciate characters with this YG syndrome) and while watching an ep was not exactly an ordeal, I had relatively little motivation to watch further.
    But somewhere around 13th episode I got hooked.

I don't have the time or energy right now to write a review or something...
    But I quite admired and adored guys and girls in both camps and I loved the story.

As for fave characters - it's a tie between Fung Hak-lit and Hon Pak. Fung is the more complex, intriguing character but Hon Pak (to me) is definitely the more amiable one (I've got such a soft spot for amiable dupes - ever since Last Hurrah for Chivalry).
    I'll probably elaborate later on...
    Dig this series.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里