View Poll Results: Which one to have more leading roles?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Ng

9 12.00%
  • Raymond Lam

22 29.33%
  • Bosco Wong

12 16.00%
  • Joe Ma

1 1.33%
  • Kenneth Ma

5 6.67%
  • Bowie Lam

2 2.67%
  • Frankie Lam

3 4.00%
  • Michael Tao

4 5.33%
  • Kevin Cheng

13 17.33%
  • somebody else (please post his name)

4 5.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Which one to have more leading roles??

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default POLL: Which one to have more leading roles??

Pick which one do you want to have more leading roles?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Even though Ron Ng is not really that good at acting... I'll still choose him. I've been an all-time fan of his since Twin of Brothers. Let's just hope his acting improves...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Even though Ron Ng is not really that good at acting... I'll still choose him. I've been an all-time fan of his since Twin of Brothers. Let's just hope his acting improves...
    Wait, you seen Twin of Brothers and you chose Ron over Raymond??!! How is that possible? He was absolutely terrible in there.

well that's ur opinion isn't it? everyone thinks differently.
    just because you thought he was "totally horrible" in it doesn't mean other people think the same.

i think ron is having a pretty decent amount of lead roles, and I would pick him because I can see improvement. plus, i hope tvb starts to give him different types of character to portray, not the typical stubborn type
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    well that's ur opinion isn't it? everyone thinks differently.
    just because you thought he was "totally horrible" in it doesn't mean other people think the same.

i think ron is having a pretty decent amount of lead roles, and I would pick him because I can see improvement. plus, i hope tvb starts to give him different types of character to portray, not the typical stubborn type
    Thats not realistic because he is not capable of portraying a different type of role. Have you seen Lost in the Champber of Love or Guts of Man, his attempts at portraying different roles failed both times, evident by how poor the series turned out to be. Me thinking he is horrible is my oppion, but his lack of acting skills is a fact. Even his biggest fans aknowledge how much he sucks at acting, but will always hold the optimism of how he will improve if TVB keep spoonfeeding him leading roles.

You don't understand how actors can improve their acting. Everyone works their way up from a small role to gradually bigger roles, and eventually leading roles, but somehow thats not the case for Ron. He is pretty much the leading roles in all his series and he never lives up to expectations.

If you are the leading actor, you are automaticlly put on a pedestal and you are demanded to perform at the highest level. RON IS NOT CAPABLE OF THAT, because he lacks the acting skills and experience. When will TVB realize thats not the way to improve as an actor.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Wait, you seen Twin of Brothers and you chose Ron over Raymond??!! How is that possible? He was absolutely terrible in there.
    I agree... Raymond's acting is outstanding compared to Ron's. But after I continue watching Ron Ng's acting, I do see some slight improvement. Plus... TVB isn't giving Ron harder roles. Like in Revolving Doors of Vengeance he is just some dumb kid who only know how to fight. So I think it's mainly TVB's fault that Ron is only improving slightly, or it appears to you that he isn't improving?

I agree... Raymond's acting is outstanding compared to Ron's. But after I continue watching Ron Ng's acting, I do see some slight improvement. Plus... TVB isn't giving Ron harder roles. Like in Revolving Doors of Vengeance he is just some dumb kid who only know how to fight. So I think it's mainly TVB's fault that Ron is only improving slightly, or it appears to you that he isn't improving?
    I actually think he does ok in those type of roles, not unwatchable. I like RDOV so far, not finished yet but I don't see any difference or improvements from The Academy or TITS.

I just think you can see improvements in him if he was put into smaller, more unique, types of roles. For example, like Myolie in Golden Faith, or Leila in Square Pegs, Raymond in Golden Faith, Bernice in Survivor's Law. Overall, just a different enviorement so he can learn and improve in different aspect of his acting.

i agree that ron as an actor isn't so wonderful. but at the same time, I do see improvements. you can tell more from his eyes now. they are not just always blank stares. i think people need to give him more credit. they go into a series thinking that ron ng really sucks, he's not gonna improve so they miss the improvements that he makes. i think ron is a better actor in modern series, but all the modern roles he's been given are all those super angry stubborn immature people, TITS,academy, RDOV. I saw his movie with hins, and he played this poor insurance worker who had to be on the streets doing surveys and getting yelled at all the time. he played this reallywitty character and I saw the other side of ron. he's not the stubborn wooden type. it just so happens that the modern roles tvb gives him are like that. in the movie, he was really lively, and had sparks. after watching that, i was pretty convinced that ron will improve and has already. i think the problem is tvb saw the success of TITS and now all the modern roles he's given follow that format.

i'm not saying that ron should be given all lead roles. but i certainly don't think he should be demoted or kicked out, or given less roles. i think the amount of roles he's given right now if pretty good for his development.
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

haha, of course definitely RAYMOND LAM! he's really good a very flexible actor. from super goody roles as ben in survivor's law, dumb wong pu siu wah in eternal happiness, cool ken in last breakthrough, semi evil oscar, kau chong, and meng lei in golden faith, twin of brothers, and blade heart and super evil emperor qin shi hwang in a step into the past, each role he managed to portray with such ease. he acts very naturally. so i think he really deserves to be the lead
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I voted for Kevin
    Imo, Raymond is a firm and versatile actor which has already took alot of leading roles.

Kevin's only rising now.. I like him especially in Hard Fate So, I think he should have more leading roles.

i voted for Kevin......he is good to be a leading role.... Ron Ng is too much play as leading role, so i choose Kevin.
    Fav.actor: Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Steven Ma, Moses Chan
    Fav.actress: Tavia Yeung, Myolie Wu, Leila Tong, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok

Crazy with: Tavia, Myolie, Leila, Steven, Moses, Ron and Ada

I voted for Raymond,
    but I also like Ron,like other people had said, he have heaps and heaps of improvement

Junior Member nothin_in_tis_world92's Avatar

Bosco and Kelvin, but I voted fot Bosco bcuz he is really good in woil
    FlOmO rOcKz - CuTeSt cOuPlEs EvEr

TommyH
    Unregistered

Wow there's an outstanding amount of people voting for Raymond and Kevin. I remember just recently those two were in this HongKong/Singapore series. It was somewhat long and kinda boring but it's okay. The name of this Series is called "Yummy Yummy" or "Food for life"

If you are interested in it then check it out at another thread.

Wow there's an outstanding amount of people voting for Raymond and Kevin. I remember just recently those two were in this HongKong/Singapore series. It was somewhat long and kinda boring but it's okay. The name of this Series is called "Yummy Yummy" or "Food for life"

If you are interested in it then check it out at another thread.
    It was an ok series, but I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed. I liked everyone in the cast but somehow, I just didn't like the show.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    It was an ok series, but I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed. I liked everyone in the cast but somehow, I just didn't like the show.

I agree. It was long... 30 episodes. Somewhat longer than usual. I thought it'd be awsome or something once I saw the casts. Raymond Lam, Kevin Cheng, Tavia Yeung, Charmaine Sheh, that singapore actor Terry Ng or Wong. I mean the whole series was like "long" and "boring" and "disapointing" and it's a bit dumb.

Like the part when Kevin ate 17 spicy noodle soups. Or the part when they ate 100 "Sa-deh" -- the hot spicy stuff in Singapore.

All the same. It was disapointing.

TommyH
    Unregistered

cmon people... you dont watch series? vote vote vote.... or if you dont like those people at all then there's the 10th option where you can put people like "Moses Chan" which i forgot....

oh raymond and kevin are now tied in 1st place! vote for raymond guys!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Ohh!! How you guys get 5000 msgs ? You guys only post in the TVB Section or all sections? Please tell me please please!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

CURRENTLY

1st Place - Raymond and Kevin

2nd Place - Ron and Bosco

3rd place - Michael Tao

KEEP IT GOING GUYS!!! STILL 16 days of VOTING LEFT!! poll ends 10/19