Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: vincent jiao

hi Guys! I am glad to hear that Burning Tower is a good series. By the way, is the name in Chinese "Chi Gi Gung"(something like that)?? that was made in 2002. The Eighteen Buddhist Monks was made in 2002 too.He is in there with Peter Ho too. I wonder why it is taking so long for them to be released....
    To mary, Sorry I haven't emailed you yet. I will when I have more time. School is stressing me out... Talk to you then...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

can someone post a poster or pictures of "burning tower"?

what's the chinese title?

Originally posted by earth4477
    can someone post a poster or pictures of "burning tower"?

what's the chinese title?
    go here http://vincent.fans.tpe.net/Gallery/photo/drama.htm

they have pics for this series.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Originally posted by eeyore
    go here http://vincent.fans.tpe.net/Gallery/photo/drama.htm

they have pics for this series.
    can you please give a direct url link since I don't know how to read written chinese and can't find it?

where's "burning tower"?

sorry :P

It's Chi Gi Gung . I can't read chinese either, I click here and there ha,ha,ha,ha...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I watch more last nite and I don't want to stop!!!!

I have 4 cds to go ... it's good watching series I dunno the ending because I can not find any spoiler on the net

btw, the princess is really the kind of princess I adore, she's gentle, kind, smart, nice, pretty, dress nicely, no kungfu too! tired after a long walk and twist her ankle when she feel ... soft creature

I probably will put the episode guide in the proper thread, I just need some help with my grammar editing so far I'm writing up to episode 12.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Hi Eeyore, Thanks for the info. IT looked like a good series when I saw the pix. How long is it and where did you get the VCDs at?? Who else is in the series?? WHo plays the princess? Thanks!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

22 vcds. I rent it no need to buy... also i'm at sydney, aust. there's alot of vcd rental with subtitled. for me it's to have indonesian subtitle.

unfortunately i dunno other actor. the guy that play the king is the guy in hsds who play as Bu Hui's dad (one of the Ming Cult leader). the rest I dunno. the pricess is pretty.. very girly and feminim..

I think the more reason i like about this series is, because of the pace is just right, not to fast not to slow.. no silly scene with silly character
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Hi Eeyore! Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling it wasn't that long since Vincent didn't take that much time to film it. Here there are no rentals for discs. We have to buy it in the US. I know who you are talking about. You are talking about Zhang Tie Lin. He played the king in HZGG 1 and 2. I am glad to know that he is in there too. I think I may know the princess if I see her pix. Thanks again and can't wait to read your summaries! By the way, your english is really good too!!!

BACK!!!!!

eeyore, you're almost fnished! Gosh just hearing from you how good the series is I WANT TO WATCH IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe, did the princess get married yet? here's the true story of Chi Gi Gung. The ending is sad but kind of not...hehe..well the real story that is..I dunno how they going to make the ending of the series...but she did commit suicide...however my friend said it was a ruse....by the way eeyore, I think the princess looks better without her bangs eh?

Trinie, I will be waiitng for your email..take your time..I know how much school could take over someones time---->me

here is the true story...oh and the actress i named in the earlier threads..but i dun remember! hehe wait just saw it...Yang Min Na. The king from Princess Pearl is also in it right? man..he plays emperor everywhere!

----------True story
    The historical facts of the series were taken from the Ming dynasty. During the middle of the Ming dynasty, the samurai, ronins, bandits and Japanese merchants banded together and formed a powerful warring party. It’s goal was to invade the eastern seashore area of China. They were called by historians as Wako. The Wako troubles had reached its height during the reign of Chia Zhin Emperor (1522-1566). The areas that were most affected were the Shandong peninsula and the coastal areas of Chechiang. The Wakos, in broad daylight, robbed, burned, pilfered through the villages and towns. Everywhere they went, bloodshed follows, where lots of innocents lost their lives. In Chia Zhin 40th year, Wakos invaded Hanchou through the mouth of the Chien Tong River. Many historical artifacts and sites were burnt and destroyed. The Lei Fen Tower on Sunset Mountain, one of the ten sceneries of West Lake (Si Hu), could not escape its fate of destruction.
    At that time, our hero Chi Zhi Guang, fighting against the Wako, led his main army engaging Wakos at southest Chechiang coast (Taichou area). In the imperial government, the cabinet was led by the all powerful prime minister Yen Song. The Yen Song sect, with his sons Yen Shi Fan, Yen Ho and Chao Wen Hua as the main players, controlled the nation’s government. They misused military funds, discarded training of the military, and framed those generals who were busy fighting the Wakos. The royalists, represented by Chen Shu Princess, the Ninth Princess, Secretary of Li (Hsu Che) and Yu Shi (Chou Yin Long), were unhappy with Yen Song’s ways. Secretly, they sent Ninth Princess, who has a “Chu Sha Yin” stamped on her arm, to Hauchou to assist in the fight against the Wakos.
    At Hanchen, the Chi army, Wakos, generals, princess and the bad guys were ensuing in a power struggle to eiter burn or protect the Lei Fen Tower. The Chi army defeated the Wakos through the use of Yuen Yan Chen. At the same time, Yen Song ordered Chao Wen Hua to steal military funds and hide them somewhere in the Lei Fen Tower. He also planned to hide this fact when the Wakos were burning the Tower. The Ninth princess, after many struggles with the Yens, died in her quest to uncover Yen’s rebellious acts against the country. After the princess “died”, she was viewed as the symbol of Chong (faithfulness) and Hsiao (Fidel piety). Inspired by a bookish monk Dou Yi’ (Yu Yu) poems, Chi Zhi Guang and Hsu Che ordered Chin Sho (cho Yong Li), who had been orphaned in the fight against the Wakos, to find the funds hidden by Chao Wen Hua (Wu Chi Yong) in the Lei Fen Tower. Thus, Yen Song lost it all, and was finally brought to justice by Hsu Che. Yen Song, Yen Shi Fan, Chao Wen Hua and the whole Yen clan were arrested and sentenced.
    In Chia Zhin 41st year, Chi Zhi Guang took his “Chi Army” to Chechiang and Fuchien, and became very famous. The Wakos became scared just hearing his name. After years of fighting, he finally killed all the Wakos trying to invade China.
    Years later, Chi Zhi Guang walked past the old aqueduct, and saw an old woman washing clothes. He discovered that on her arm, was the mark of Chu Sa. Chi Zhi Guang stood under the ancient Lei Fen Tower during sunset, with the woman in the background holding a incense burner praying to God….
    The Lei Fen Tower, a famous tower in “The forest of towers in China”. After burning, fighting, and wars, it still stood there today. These are great stories regarding its collapse and rebuilt. The tv seres, “Burning of the Lei Fen Tower”, marks the reopening of the Lei Fen Tower.

Hi Mary! Glad to see you again! I will email you after my midterms and projects for the first half are over. I am so happy to see you here. Thanks for the facts. I heard this series was based on true historical facts. I can't wait to watch it. I may buy it if I have the money since it isn't that long. I wonder why Long Xia is taking so long to be released?? Take care Mary and will talk more to you later! Trinie

Mary, Trinie,

can you guys understand chinese? i don't mind burn the cds for you and send it to where ever you are... but it has chinese sub and indonesian sub. it's only 22 anyway...

I haven't read the real story you post Mary... I might have to avoid it for a moment, so I have no expectation what will be in the series, after I watch it than I'll read it

yep he's always play as King, it suits him really
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

We were talking about casting for a new RTK series at another forum, and someone suggested Vincent Jiao as Zhao Zilong. He would be so perfect, especially seeing that one pic of his in a warrior's helmet!

Edit: Oh wait...Vincent Zhao was actually the actor who was suggested...but still, why not this Vincent as well?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-03-03 at 01:33 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    We were talking about casting for a new RTK series at another forum, and someone suggested Vincent Jiao as Zhao Zilong. He would be so perfect, especially seeing that one pic of his in a warrior's helmet!

Edit: Oh wait...Vincent Zhao was actually the actor who was suggested...but still, why not this Vincent as well?
    RTK????

I pray so they will also release it here!!!

To Eeyore, Yes, I do understand Chinese.It is in Mandarin Chinese right? I don't understand Cantonese quite as well. I prefer to watch series in Chinese but I also watch them in Viet too. Was Vincent's voice dubbed?? It has indonesian subtitles too? I am glad that it has chinese subtitles. Where do you live?? If you can burn it for me, I will pay for the shipping and discs. Please email me at [email protected]. I hope you can burn it in the way that we can play on it both a real player and the computer. Thanks so much for your offer and kindness... I really appreciate it.

What is RTK by the way??Who is Zhao Zi Long??? Is this a historical figure?? I just know that Vincent said he didn't play a role in a GU Long novel series to be in Long Xia.

aww Eeyore,

too sweet, unfortunately I dont know a single understanding of chinese language. wish I did, or I would take you up on your offer! yeah ...watch the series first and then see if it's close to the true story!

Trinie!!

If i'm not wrong, I think RTK is Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. A very famous chinese classic. Zhao Zhi Long is this invincible warrior...(The Tiger General) who was always by the well known Liu Bei side, always helping him.

Lady Zhuge am I right? I still haven't even seen the original series of this classic! I think I will soon! I think Vincent would be an excellent ZZL! Such a brave and noble warrior..Vincent looks good in and his acting superb!

Originally posted by Just Mary
    If i'm not wrong, I think RTK is Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. A very famous chinese classic. Zhao Zhi Long is this invincible warrior...(The Tiger General) who was always by the well known Liu Bei side, always helping him.

Lady Zhuge am I right? I still haven't even seen the original series of this classic! I think I will soon! I think Vincent would be an excellent ZZL! Such a brave and noble warrior..Vincent looks good in and his acting superb!
    You are absolutely right. Zhao Zilong aka. Zhao Yun was one of the five "Tiger generals" and a lot of Shu-lovers' favorite because of his courage, skills, and loyalty.
    I doubt they'll be making a remake of this series anytime soon, but if they do, I just think he'd be a great fit for the part.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

To Mary, Thanks so much for telling me! Of course I know the story the Romance of the 3 kingdoms.I just didn't know what RTK meant. I have to read parts of it when I was an undergrad. I really enjoyed it! I know who Zhao Zi Long is now. Yea, Vincent would look great as that character. Yea, I saw a series about this a long long time ago. It is a great story.I will email you after my first project and midterm are over. I can't wait to talk to you then!! Take care and good luck in everything!

To Lady Zhu Ge, thanks for the info!!

Hi eeyore,

If you need help with fixing up the grammar for Vincent's series. I'll help you with editing. I don't understand Chinese so couldn't do much with the writing but editing, sure!

Let me know! Looking forward to see your writings in Episode Guide.

I'm finished!!!!! oh so good! he,he,he.. wanna me tell the ending it's a satisfying and good ending lah!!!!!

Mystery: check your PM
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.