Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: vincent jiao

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I guess I really understand now when they say, "Your siblings are like your limbs and your husband/wife are like the clothing on your back".
    I don't quite agree with this statement since there are many cases of sibling rivalry that are really nasty. So with both cases, it depends on the people involve. There are people with some rotten limbs and there are some with awesome clothes

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I don't quite agree with this statement since there are many cases of sibling rivalry that are really nasty. So with both cases, it depends on the people involve. There are people with some rotten limbs and there are some with awesome clothes
    Yea, I guess that is true... My mom always said that siblings are always more important than a husband/wife. However, she also said that if the husband/wife is a good one then that can be comparable to a good sibling too.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Oh my goodness! I seriously have not been following Vincent Jiao's tv serials for a long time because I was busy with life and other things.

I am watching The Lotus Lantern now and , wow, I didn't know Vincent had played Yang Jian! Mainland actresses in this series is so beautiful. I am just remembering how sweet Vincent's smiles are. I would like very much to see him as Yang Jian. *scurries off to see more*
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-06-09 at 07:17 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Unhappy letter written for vincent`s two daughter

It was so touching...i nearly cry out...it was heartbreaking for him..hope his ex-wife will understand him..

Is Shadow of the Empress any good? If I am just watching it for Vincent, is it worth it? Does he have enough screen-time or do I have to suffer through a bunch of boring scenes just to see him?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I'm wondering about that series too... O.o can anyone give any details?

Can anyone recommend any other ancient series Vincent has done that I could watch?

Ones I've watched already: Wudang I&II, Legend of Dagger li, exchanging phoenix, sword stained with royal blood, swordsman III

I have wolf hero but I haven't finished it yet....

I miss watching him in his ancient roles.... Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by vhunter; 11-17-10 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Is Shadow of the Empress any good? If I am just watching it for Vincent, is it worth it? Does he have enough screen-time or do I have to suffer through a bunch of boring scenes just to see him?
    Are you refering to The Tang Dynasty Empress with Liu Xiaoqing and Eva Huang Shengyi?

If so, it's a series worth watching if you like literary, artistic works. Vincent doesn't have much screentime in the series, but his character is quite catchy and his performance is outstanding as usual.

He plays a member of the royal family, Helan Minzhi who is charismatic but at the same time has issues dealing with the empress and his mother's death. He acted as a character with both a dark and good side. At times, I dislike him but can understand the conflicts and pain he's going through. The only drawback is that you'll feel he doesn't have enough scenes and development compared to the rest of the main cast. He's here and there and his lines are not as much as either Liu Xiaoqing or Eva.

Thanks nefertari, that's the show I was referring to. Can't say i am a fan of literary, artistic works as they usually a stuffed with tedious dialogue and mood-setting..I will probably skip this one then. Vincent does look really good from the MV's I have seen though.

vhunter, other than the ones you named above, some shows of Vincent's that I have seen and enjoyed are:
    Bao Qing Tian, Female Judge, The Heroine of the Yangs, Lotus Lantern, Loving Tigress of the East, Tearful Sword, Gang buddy

I have heard high praises for Yuan Gu De Chuan Shuo and Bao Lian Deng Qian Zhuan. Looking fwd to catching these two
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I have heard high praises for Yuan Gu De Chuan Shuo and Bao Lian Deng Qian Zhuan. Looking fwd to catching these two
    You are welcome. And yes, those two are pretty good productions. Do catch them if you can.

What I find amazing about Vincent is that he's been a really natural actor even from the start of his career when he's almost relatively unknown. I like his role as Gu Yun in movie call Xin Yuan Yang Hu Die Meng. One of his earliest series call Jun Guan Yu Shu Nu (about military officers and ladies) is also a good show. I remember watching it when I was young. Taiwan has a lot of good productions in the 80s and 90s like TVB then. Missed the old days.

I started watching this series call Great General Han Xin with Vincent as lead. It's a good production with a proper mix of history, drama and plot. Visuals are also good. Vincent looks a bit aged in this series, but his acting is still top-notch. Recommend this to Vincent's fans and anyone who wants to know more about Han Xin from history.

thanks a lot mystic, I'll try looking for the ones you mentioned XD

Vincent is also starring in an upcoming mainland series called "Xia Yin Ji". Here's the trailer:

Oh "Xia Yin Ji" is finally coming out. I’ve been waiting for that one.

I’ve been too busy lately to lurk/post.

I’m a bit behind on Vincent’s dramas but I watched Bao Lian Deng Qian Zhuan and found it drags after Yang Jian got married. I found Yvonne Lim’s character annoying in the first one and I found her character unbearable. I guess she was supposed to be annoying. I still like the first one better. I really like Vincent in Shadow of the Empress Wu. Even though I had the Cantonese dubbed version and I still stopped watching after Vincent’s parts finished. I couldn’t get through Yuan Gu De Chuan Shuo. I think it has to do with the origins of mythology (Pangu 盤古). I need time to look it up first before I try it again. Now I just need to find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    I’m a bit behind on Vincent’s dramas but I watched Bao Lian Deng Qian Zhuan and found it drags after Yang Jian got married. I found Yvonne Lim’s character annoying in the first one and I found her character unbearable. I guess she was supposed to be annoying. I still like the first one better. I really like Vincent in Shadow of the Empress Wu. Even though I had the Cantonese dubbed version and I still stopped watching after Vincent’s parts finished. I couldn’t get through Yuan Gu De Chuan Shuo. I think it has to do with the origins of mythology (Pangu 盤古). I need time to look it up first before I try it again. Now I just need to find the time.
    Haha, I so agree with you on all counts.

I find Bao Lian Deng a much better production than both its prequels. Somehow, I don't feel Yuan Gu De Chuan Shuo (Legend) is the prequel of Bao Lian Deng. There's nothing similar btw the stories aside from the fact they're of mythology genre.

CGI and cast-wise, Legend is no match for Bao Lian Deng. I don't understand why ratings were so good. Bao Lian Deng has the best Mainland CGI in the past 10 years. Legend has such superficial CGI.

I really like Helan Minzhi too though his screentime were so short compared to the two leading women. It seemed he garnered a lot of fans after he reformed himself from the arrogant Helan Minzhi to the good and charming Wu Minzhi. Sometimes I wonder what'd happen if he really got together with Xie Yaohuan. So sad that he got framed.

General Han Xin is better than Legend IMO.

Happy Chinese New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    General Han Xin is better than Legend IMO.
    That is another one I need to catch up with!

Oops I didn't finish my sentense about Yvonne Lim character being unbearable--> and annoying in Bao Lian Deng Qian Zhuan too, but I think you knew what I meant.

Happy Chinese New Year!
    新年快樂!

i started watching xia yin ji and it seems like vincent is working for a villan? it's a different role from what he usually does....

update: just finished the series and felt like the ending was really rushed.... >.< time to go look for another series to watch
    Last edited by vhunter; 03-08-11 at 01:42 AM.

I really like his stance, his acting and he is a very cute actor especially in "the tearful sword." Though he was a bad guy I still loved his attitude..and dignity...love him!
    So in love with Shao Feng(sword of romance), Dicky Cheung, Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Vincent Jiao, Vincent Zhao, Steve ma.

all I have to say is AHH>>> i can'[t wait to see it!
    So in love with Shao Feng(sword of romance), Dicky Cheung, Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Vincent Jiao, Vincent Zhao, Steve ma.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/996/lhj51rg.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo2.hexun.com/p/2006/0817/38987/b_A7BB2D55A4BAE3D7.jpg')[/QUOTE]

love him in this one

did vincent play any other emperor roles besides the switch? thx a lot!