Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOT SHOT (Show Luo, Jerry Yan, Wu Zun)

Default HOT SHOT (Show Luo, Jerry Yan, Wu Zun)

籃球火 / Lan Qiu Huo

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5408/280pxhotshotposterst0.png')

Jerry Yan as Dong Fang Xiang 東方翔
    Alan Luo as Yuan Da Ying 元大鷹
    Zhou Cai Shi as Zhan Jie Er 湛潔兒
    Coco Jiang as Li Ying 李贏
    Wu Chun as Wu Ji Zun 無極尊

Synopsis

In a school where academic reigns supreme and sports are relegated to a dusty corner of the campus, Li Ying vows to revive the basketball team by volunteering to be the head coach. Her first member is Yuan Da Ying, a country boy who is passionate for basketball but has no skill. Their recruitment goes into high gear when Dong Fang Xiang, a legendary basketball player, transfers to their school.
    Around the same time, Yuan Da Ying falls for Zhan Jie Er, a scholarship student who reminds him of his childhood friend. Things are complicated by the fact her family works for Dong Fang Xiang, who she also grew up with. Their encounter may just rewrite the school's basketball history.

credits: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lan_Qiu_Huo

let's talk about this drama here
    Last edited by nancie; 07-28-08 at 05:57 PM.
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

is it out yet? if it is, is it good? i really want to see it since jerry and wu zun are in it.
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

episode 1 was this sunday, i havne't watch yet, but my friend alreayd did and she said it was good so far but it's mianly about show's character and plus he was funny, that's all ....i'll be waiting for english subs so that i can understand it 100%
    Aaron Yan Mike He

The first episode is directly competing w/ ftly, so I could only watch bits and pieces of HS.

From what I've seen so far, it's okay. Basketball as the background is not my cup of tea, so I didn't devout my 100% on watching, but I do like the atmosphere of the show. The lighting (that's the best term I could think of) reminds me of a good quality movie, for some reason.

The beginning is kinda sad, but Show is adorable, Jerry is attractive, and wuzun is good-looking as promised, so I'm sure the fangirls all swooned. I liked Show's character more than Jerry's, but I support Jerry more than Show, so my feelings are a bit abiguous at the moment.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

when does ratings usually comes out after it airs?? what site can we check that at?
    Aaron Yan Mike He

Rating for Ep.1

Hot Shot 2.79

Peak at 4+
    Aaron Yan Mike He

i prefer xiao zhu over jerry and wuzhun all the way!!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

that's decent enough ratings since the competition is so fierce, but after ftly is over, there's still a chance that xiao zhu will be forced to perform the act he promised if ratings surpass 10, lol.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

finished watching 2 episodes. it was good eventhough the basketball scenes are very unrealistic (as in it is too extreme & not possible in real life).
    I like all 3 characteres, but i think I like Jerry more than Show's character. Jerry's character is the cool kind, but very cute at times which makes it surprising, whereas Show's character is cute all the time so it gets a little boring. Wu Zhun's character is also very cool - i like the fact that he's the antagonist in this show.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    finished watching 2 episodes. it was good eventhough the basketball scenes are very unrealistic (as in it is too extreme & not possible in real life).
    I like all 3 characteres, but i think I like Jerry more than Show's character. Jerry's character is the cool kind, but very cute at times which makes it surprising, whereas Show's character is cute all the time so it gets a little boring. Wu Zhun's character is also very cool - i like the fact that he's the antagonist in this show.
    i pretty much agree with this....
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

i have yet to see a single episode but im a big fan of jerry so i guess Ill just have to wait until it airs here (phils), but isnt he a bit old to play somebody in high school or college for that matter? just a bit weird...

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    yes, the basketball scenes are super unrealistic. Don't forget the fighting/beating scenes are unrealistic too. People react before the blow even made contact. Well, I guess it can't be helped because no contact is actually made (I like to think it's b/c the guys are too pretty, so the director didn't want to take any chances of them actually getting scratched). One example of this was when the woman (coach?) hit Show on the head and he reacted b4 she even touched him.
    Anywho, my fave so far is actually WuZun (which is strange b/c of the three guys, I liked him the least) b/c Jerry is too moody and Show is too over-exeggerated. Honestly, have you even seen anyone so lively and expressive?

Well, actually anggemb, all three of them are a bit old to be playing high school/college students (not that college have an age limit). Jerry is 31, Show is 29 and Wu Zhun is 28. I am sure the supporting cast also have ppl topping or reaching those ages.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 08-26-08 at 01:27 PM.

For sure, this series is enjoyed to watch not because of the story line but because of the player that involved in it..

You can't beat the charming Jerry Yan and Wu Zun, right ?

just curious, does anyone know the ratings in Taiwan for this series?

The basketball games in here are clearly fantasy, out-of-this-world type. Jerry Yan's character is a boring replica of Dao Ming Si and his acting doesnt seem to have improved. Show Luo's quite entertaining but his acting is somewhat exaggerated at times. The 2 female leads are mediocre in acting though extremely pretty.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

this drama is very short?? only 11esp in total?? watch till esp6.. seems like the main 3 character is very similar to main character in slam dunk..
    吃到老,玩到老,原来我已经这么老了…… ---月如

Don't like the ending so Disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by FairySword View Post
    this drama is very short?? only 11esp in total?? watch till esp6.. seems like the main 3 character is very similar to main character in slam dunk..
    When I watched it, it was in 16 episodes. And somebody else said it was 13 episodes. Whats up with that?
    Last edited by aw_smileys; 02-24-09 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p4ddy View Post
    For sure, this series is enjoyed to watch not because of the story line but because of the player that involved in it..

You can't beat the charming Jerry Yan and Wu Zun, right ?
    Yes you can beat them because Show Luo is the bestest one out of all three of them! 他超可爱!

can anyone tell me if this series is any good? ive heard mixed reviews.
    but i just might watch it cause wu zun is super hot