Thread: Yeung Gor's Divine Eagle

Default Yeung Gor's Divine Eagle

Are there any other beast in JY universe that shows such great mystical abilities and powers as Yeung Gor's Divine Eagle? Can we safely say that this Divine Eagle is perhaps the toughest in the animal kingdom? When compare to humans, where do this Divine Eagle stand in terms of martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Are there any other beast in JY universe that shows such great mystical abilities and powers as Yeung Gor's Divine Eagle? Can we safely say that this Divine Eagle is perhaps the toughest in the animal kingdom? When compare to humans, where do this Divine Eagle stand in terms of martial arts?
    There aren't any other creatures like the Divine Condor in the Jin Yong canon. It was kind of a unique beast (possibly a mutant of some sort).

But it didn't really have any martial arts skills. It was just very big, very tough, and very strong. It didn't know any actual martial arts moves. For all its great size and strength and maybe even nascent intelligence, it was still a bird...not a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    There aren't any other creatures like the Divine Condor in the Jin Yong canon. It was kind of a unique beast (possibly a mutant of some sort).

But it didn't really have any martial arts skills. It was just very big, very tough, and very strong. It didn't know any actual martial arts moves. For all its great size and strength and maybe even nascent intelligence, it was still a bird...not a human being.
    Since the Divine Eagle can fight. Where would he rank in that regards. Who can he beat and who he can't. Since he eats alot of snake bladders himself and with his age, his inner power must be profound perhaps.

About his intelligence, in the novel, he seems to exhibit the intelligence of a human, communicating with YG pretty well, guiding him and teaching him like a master would.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 10-02-05 at 05:41 AM.

Since the Divine Eagle can fight. Where would he rank in that regards. Who can he beat and who he can't. Since he eats alot of snake bladders himself and with his age, his inner power must be profound perhaps.
    It seemed to have trouble with Greats level fighters. The Golden Wheel Monk nearly killed it (at least in ROCH '83; don't know about the novel).

Because of its bird anatomy, however, it need not fight with human limitations. I think it did alot of damage just flapping its wings and kicking up dust, dirt, and stones at people. If you're a human warrior, the sight of a 6-foot tall bird (was it bigger?) coming right at you with a sharp beak and flapping wings can be pretty dismaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It seemed to have trouble with Greats level fighters. The Golden Wheel Monk nearly killed it (at least in ROCH '83; don't know about the novel).

Because of its bird anatomy, however, it need not fight with human limitations. I think it did alot of damage just flapping its wings and kicking up dust, dirt, and stones at people. If you're a human warrior, the sight of a 6-foot tall bird (was it bigger?) coming right at you with a sharp beak and flapping wings can be pretty dismaying.
    In the novel, the birds seems to display martial arts movements which YG learn Dugu's skill through that method. The Divine Eagle is describe like a senior of martial arts with a human intelligence. He's not just a big bird.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 10-02-05 at 05:49 AM.

Are there any other beast in JY universe that shows such great mystical abilities and powers as Yeung Gor's Divine Eagle?
    What about the Great White Ape that taught A'Qing to use the sword and turned her into the legendary Yue Maiden? Now that's one animal with great mystical abilities and powers, if you ask me!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

most martial arts have some connection to animal movements. the condor was capable of the qualities of 'quick, precise, agile and strong' it also knew how to move to avoid attacks , to doge and counter attack at the same time. which most animals know to some sense, usually better then men. YG learned this by watching the condor. and the condor improved by sparring with dugu.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I also find this odd. CBT was obsessed with XLN's bees. I wonder why he wasn't more curious about this awesome Divine Eagle.

I also find this odd. CBT was obsessed with XLN's bees. I wonder why he wasn't more curious about this awesome Divine Eagle.
    Why would he be interested in some fat and fugly penguin?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    What about the Great White Ape that taught A'Qing to use the sword and turned her into the legendary Yue Maiden? Now that's one animal with great mystical abilities and powers, if you ask me!
    I don't think Grandpa White actually taught Ah Qing martial arts. It was more like they playfighted since she was a little girl, while both of them somehow saw through and gained mystical sword arts from it all. Ah Qing became so good that she said sparring with Grandpa White got boring because she would win so easily.

Anyway, I think Grandpa White would kick that fugly penguin's arse.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Why would he be interested in some fat and fugly penguin?
    penguins can't fly and walk funny

Bliss: Thanks for the clarification!
    Anyway, I think Grandpa White would kick that fugly penguin's arse.
    Exactly!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Great White Ape vs Divine Eagle. Interesting idea. Great White Ape is Yu Maiden sparring partner, while Divine Eagle is Dugu Quibai's sparring partner. Base on who they spar with, I would give Brother Eagle an early KO win.

Great White Ape vs Divine Eagle. Interesting idea. Great White Ape is Yu Maiden sparring partner, while Divine Eagle is Dugu Quibai's sparring partner. Base on who they spar with, I would give Brother Eagle an early KO win.
    You wish. Dugu's only feats were in old wives' tales. Ah Qing whooped an entire army by herself. Dugu wishes he had the half the credibility that Ah Qing has.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Ah Qing is pretty badass. I don't see Yang Guo, or any fighter in the Wuxia universe, really, disabling an -entire- army (even Xu Zhu/Duan Yu made a line through the army, rather than fighting the entire thing) by himself with that sort of consumate ease.

Not to mention, that a few fighters whom she spent just a short while sparring with, gained so much insight that when they, in turn, taught their army some of what they learned, this "shadow of a shadow of her techniques" was enough to enable them to completely put the smackdown on the enemies.

Ah Qing as a character isn't really part of Jinyong 'canon', and really can't be compared. Her feats actually always rather resembled me of Gulong-style descriptions.

Ice worm in DGSD

Maybe not in terms of martial arts.
    But down right mystical and a natural killer.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Ice worm in DGSD

Maybe not in terms of martial arts.
    But down right mystical and a natural killer.
    And then there's the centipede and frog that Duan Yu swallowed.
    Yurp!

Also the snake that GJ killed. There is also Zhong Ling's poisonous rodent.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Also the snake that GJ killed. There is also Zhong Ling's poisonous rodent.
    Yes, but the frog killed the poisonous Ferret. One mean looking frog!
    Wizard