Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB 39TH ANNIVERSARY

gosh

first of all... i know u like ron...cuz it's in ur signature....and notice i said "honestly, you can say..." which means it was hypothetical, and i was only using it to prove a point

secondly...how do you know you like ron more than me? i don't think that's something easily judged is it?
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

TommyH
    Unregistered

... fine let's start a poll! i'm sure people would say I like ron more right? damn i'm off topic...

I'm suprise how the actors/actresses got so emotional over a TVB award which is equivalent to the MTV awards. I liked Nikki Chow's acceptance speech though.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    ... fine let's start a poll! i'm sure people would say I like ron more right? damn i'm off topic...
    honestly...i don't get your purpose in arguing....so u know what...you can keep on saying that you like ron better...you love ron the most..makes no difference to me and certainly doesn't affect how much I like ron..cuz liking ron is about supporting ron..not about declaring who likes him the most etc

~~
    well i guess tvb actors usually dont' win awards anywhere else, so it's their form of encouragement and maybe that's why they are so emotional? because it's important to them...niki was soo cute during the acceptance speech
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

To me, the best part of the night on TVB Anniversary is the surprise appreance of Vivian Chow presenting the award for Best Male Actor.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

hey anybody have the listif results i can't seem to find it and sin;t TVB going to release a vcd showqing what happened that night or something i have been waiting for it but it dosn't seemlike it is going to happen

here, i just copied my previous post from page 11
    results:
    best actor- roger kwok (life made simple)
    best actress- lisa wang (war of in laws)
    best supporting actor- ha yu (my family)
    best supporting actress- angela tong (life made simple)
    best series: war of in laws (great choice!)
    best improved actor: bosco wong (war of in laws) im happy with this!
    best improved actress: nikki chow (the gentle crackdown)
    best host: dodo cheng (justice for all)
    best show: minutes to fame
    best promotional clip: war of in laws (fire spitting clip) no idea of this clip
    best original show: minutes to fame
    best foreign film: dae jang geum--not a surprise at all
    most valued film award: 1405 cheng ho to the pacific
    lifetime achievement award: ha ping-- she's so pretty when she's young!

credits: tvb page
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

oh i know! ha ping is soooo pretty!!

i don't know if they release vcds..but there are tapes you can get of the anniversary
    *[Ron Ng]*

i think there are already vcds released, but all old anniversary series. don't know which years though. but it's the time of chow yun fat...so i guess 80s
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    here, i just copied my previous post from page 11
    results:
    best actor- roger kwok (life made simple)
    best actress- lisa wang (war of in laws)
    best supporting actor- ha yu (my family)
    best supporting actress- angela tong (life made simple)
    best series: war of in laws (great choice!)
    best improved actor: bosco wong (war of in laws) im happy with this!
    best improved actress: nikki chow (the gentle crackdown)
    best host: dodo cheng (justice for all)
    best show: minutes to fame
    best promotional clip: war of in laws (fire spitting clip) no idea of this clip
    best original show: minutes to fame
    best foreign film: dae jang geum--not a surprise at all
    most valued film award: 1405 cheng ho to the pacific
    lifetime achievement award: ha ping-- she's so pretty when she's young!

credits: tvb page
    I still don't get what's the fuss about Dai Chang Gum (Jewel in the Palace)...

I watched it in Chinese version and I don't even know what Gum Ying and Chui Shang Kung is fighting for.

gum ying and chiu shang kung came from a family who uses their court connections for power. so like, males of their family will be court officials, and females will be the highest shang kung's. basically for family honour and power. however, in the palace, if you're not ruthless enough, it's impossible to be in the highest position. so in order to climb to the top and maintain your position, they believe you should eliminate any person that comes in your way that's what they fight for
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    gum ying and chiu shang kung came from a family who uses their court connections for power. so like, males of their family will be court officials, and females will be the highest shang kung's. basically for family honour and power. however, in the palace, if you're not ruthless enough, it's impossible to be in the highest position. so in order to climb to the top and maintain your position, they believe you should eliminate any person that comes in your way that's what they fight for
    I see... it wasn't easy getting the series, especially during the last 30 episodes when Chiang Gum became a nurse/doctor.

in what language did you watch djg? w/o subs?
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

I watched it in Canto... with chinese subs (i can't read it).

no wonder...so you understand canto?
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Yeah... my parents speak cantonese so I can only communicate with them by speaking canto. No wonder what? Something wrong with the canto ver of Jewel in the Palace?

WHAT !!!!! frankly i though leila deserves the award more then niki!!!! eventyhough she has improvei don't see that she is SUCH.... MUCH better then b4

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Yeah... my parents speak cantonese so I can only communicate with them by speaking canto. No wonder what? Something wrong with the canto ver of Jewel in the Palace?
    im guessing, perhaps that's why you didn't get some pts in djg, well sometimes subs do help (in my case)
    cherrie

OH OH OH!!!

i just realized that ron did go up onstage for the anniversary!!!!!!!

he was part of that sitting on balloons game..and he was like half waving that little flag in his hand...aww..he looked so good..even though it was a total of two minutes...but it's still ron ..hehe now i can stop complaining about not seeing ron on the anniversary

ANDD....he was the first one to hug bosco when bosco won the award....teehee ( and and i still think bosco looks a tiny tiny bit like marco)
    Last edited by alecforever815; 12-13-05 at 04:03 PM.
    *[Ron Ng]*

Anyone can put up pictures?