Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB 39TH ANNIVERSARY

News About Anniversary Awards
    Thank: Fuzzy

Little Translate:
    Ok methinks this article might be mere speculation by Apple Daily, but according to them, the buzz coming from internal sources about this year's frontrunners are:

Best Actress: Lisa, Kenix and Gigi (Internal sources said Gigi gave a very good performance in The Charm Beneath, Apple Daily claimed Lisa has the best chances)

Best Actor: Roger and Moses (When interviewed, Moses said Bowie and Joe's chances are also very good)

Best Partnership: Lisa and Myolie

Best Hosts: Hacken Lee and Joey Leung for Minutes To Fame

Most Improved (or Best Newcomer?): actor - Bosco, actress - Bernice

They will still gave out character awards, the name's changed from Fave Characters to Top Ten Characters (I thought it's 12 nowadays).
    http://tvbchinesenews.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by infinity6424; 10-03-05 at 05:48 PM.
    toomanysidesofme

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    some people please be more respectful. everyone can have their own opinions but don't be too rude, please. thanx

i still say KK will win best actress. logically, she hasn't won one yet, so tvb might give it to her, and she was great in love bond, and RDOV was such a major production.

best male: eh that's a little hard, bowie won last year, so not him again. lawrence wasn't so wonderful in HH3, moses was funny in GC, but i don't know if tvb is ready to award him best male yet. it might actually be joe ma..but we'll have to wait and see.

best newcomer: i would say B2, cuz she was in several good series this year. HH3 should be counted as a pretty major series; i think she was good in LB, and she's quite good in Into Thin Air so far.

even tho some say that leila may have deserved it last year, this year, i don't think leila did too much or was really stellar in any series, so it wouldn't make sense just to give it to her simply because she didn't get it last year. then what will happen next year? give it to B2 even tho someone else may deserve it more? they can't keep pushing it back like that.
    well... i don't know but actually the year that ray was suppose to get most improved, moses got it since rumors tell that ray knew six uncle's wife or something and has link to the high ranked people of TVB so the next year he got it. since ron got it last year and that i didn't really think he deserved it more than bosco, i'm almost 100% sure he will get it. i do hope a lot that leila gets newcomer because she has been acting for a long time and she deserves that award. also for best series, i would definitely pick the last breakthrough. even though it is one of the first series of the year, just maybe some people would remember it as much as me. for ex. for square pegs the year it won like best series where roger got best actor and best couple with jessica, it was out like really early in the year too but everyone, well... most remembered it.
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

i didn't say anything about bosco, cuz i don't know who they are gonna pick for that.

btw, are best newcomer divided into two categories still? female and male?

i still don't think it's going to be leila, i don't think she made a big enough impact this year.

plus, i think tvb picks the awards somewhat based on who they want to promote. they picked ron last year because they are promoting him heavily. so since they are doing the same to B2, she might win this year as opposed to leila.

are you sure TLB counts for this year? I didn't think so..and even if it counts, i highly doubt it'll win best series. it certainly wasn't as big a hit as square pegs, it doesn't even compare i don't think. and there are a lot of good series this year that makes it improbable for TLB to win.
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Ray already got the most improvement award last 2 years and I have the same thought as 'alecforever815' I don't think Leila will get it because she hasn't being in a lot of series and Bernice definitely improved a lot in the past series.

i think there are also best drama, best supporting actors/actress, best scriptwright, and best producer awards this year. Who are ur picks for these categories?
    Last edited by hiiragi; 10-04-05 at 01:33 PM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

So what if Bernice did many series, it doesn't mean she was good in all of them! All they need is one series where they did an outstanding job...Imo, her acting has not improved, but i know that tvb will ggive it to her just cuz she's a full contracted artist. And no one said that TLB will win best series...we're all saying that Leila did vry well in that series, and she did improve alot, and many ppl recognize her from that. Thats all.

Hope tvb doesn't make the wrong decisions....they seem to be unfair at times...giving it to ppl who they predict will be popular in thef uture, thats so crap...but of course they can do whatevr they want, but if they keep on doing that, tvb is going to drown....artists will leave tvb, cuz tvb doesn't give them recognition....in that case, Michelle Yip knew that she wasn't going any higher when she was with tvb, so she left for a more successful career. On the other hand, Leila and Sammul having just a Pre-contract, mmay just do the same, cuz they know that they are not gonna recieve any awards...

if you read twinsangelkiki's post carefully u'll see where she said LTB should be best series.

i have nothing against leila. i was simply predicting that b2 will win this year due to the several reasons i talked about before. that doesn't mean i think leila is worse than b2, i just think given the circumstances, b2 will win.
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

if you read twinsangelkiki's post carefully u'll see where she said LTB should be best series.

i have nothing against leila. i was simply predicting that b2 will win this year due to the several reasons i talked about before. that doesn't mean i think leila is worse than b2, i just think given the circumstances, b2 will win.
    i appoligize, i didn't read that msg.

Even tho i want Leila to win badly, i believe that bernice is going to win...sadly to say.......

but jw, would any of u guys be disappointed if Bernice didn't win this yr?..just curious.
    *Juicy Femme*

Didn't they add new categories to the award show?...As much as i want Lei to win, i hope she wins something else there...since ppl say she has low chances in Best NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsangelkiki
    WHAT ARE YOUR NOMINEES FOR TOP 5 ACTORS OR ACTRESSES?
    ACTORS
    1. JOE MA (RDOV)
    2. BOWIE LAM/LAWRENCE NG (HH3)
    3. MOSES CHAN (THE GENTLE CRACKDOWN)
    4. NICK CHEUNG/RAYMOND LAM (THE LAST BREAKTHROUGH)
    5. ?
    ACTRESS
    1. LIZA WANG (WOIL)
    2. KENIX KWOK (RDOV)
    3. MELISSA NG (HH3)
    4. ?
    5. ?
    BEST COUPLE
    1. LIZA AND MYOLIE
    2. RON AND ELLA
    3. MOSES AND NIKI
    4. KEVIN AND CHARMAINE/TAVIA
    5. RAYMOND AND LEILA
    BEST SERIES
    1. THE LAST BREAKTHROUGH
    2. RDOV
    3. WOIL
    4. ?
    5. ?
    MOST IMPROVED ACTOR
    1. BOSCO WONG
    2. SAMMUL CHAN
    3. KENNETH MA
    4. ?
    5.?
    MOST IMPROVED ACTRESS
    1. LEILA TONG
    2. BERNICE LIU
    3. NIKI CHOW
    4. ELLA KOON
    5. ?
    Actors
    1. Bobby AuYeung
    Actresses
    1. Kenix Kwok (even though I think Liza)
    Best Couple
    1. Myolie Wu and Liza Wang
    Best Series
    1. War of In-Laws (or the new series Gigi Lai, Yoyo Mong)
    Most Improved (Best New Comer - Male & Female)
    1. Kevin Cheng
    1. Bernice Liu

Quote Originally Posted by infinity6424
    I'm pretty sure..99.9% sure last breakthough is not eligible for this year....
    i think it is on the nomination list .....

i would be disappointed if b2 didn't win best newcomer..i have really gotten to like her in love bond and now into thin air. male wise..i would pick kenneth, but that's just personal preference, i high doubt it'll happen

pandamao, is the official list released already?
    *[Ron Ng]*

i would be disappointed if b2 didn't win best newcomer..i have really gotten to like her in love bond and now into thin air. male wise..i would pick kenneth, but that's just personal preference, i high doubt it'll happen

pandamao, is the official list released already?
    the last break through was last year's anniversary series and usually when that happens, they are on the nomination list for the year after ...

so logically - the last break through should be on the list ....

For Best Newcomer..

I'm personally rooting for Selena Li, but since Herbalist Manual didn't air in HK, there's no way she's getting it.
    I'm also excited to see Sharon Chan's performance in Charmed Beneathe. Unfortunately, I don't think the character will be too different from the ones in her past.

I think it's like 90% chance Bernice is going to win.

Btw.. why is Bernice called B2?

Quote Originally Posted by baobao
    For Best Newcomer..

I'm personally rooting for Selena Li, but since Herbalist Manual didn't air in HK, there's no way she's getting it.
    I'm also excited to see Sharon Chan's performance in Charmed Beneathe. Unfortunately, I don't think the character will be too different from the ones in her past.

I think it's like 90% chance Bernice is going to win.

Btw.. why is Bernice called B2?
    Liu Bi Er - people in china decided to call her B2 b/c of Bernice and Bi ...

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    i think there are also best drama, best supporting actors/actress, best scriptwright, and best producer categories in the awards this year. Who are ur picks for these categories?
    Best Drama = RDOV,
    Best Supporting Actor: John Chiang (of RDOV)
    Best Supporting Actress: ??
    Best scriptwright= ??
    Best Producer = Piu Ka Dak (of RDOV)

yea bernice's mandarin name is liao bi er....bi sounds like b...and er sounds like 2...so for short, ppl call her b2

the series that i liked the most this year is RDOV..and then probably love bond, but LB wasn't such a grand production, so I don't think it will win.
    *[Ron Ng]*

i hope you don't confuse with what the forum is said. it means that i think, myself that tlb was the best series this year. remember that it's just my opinion not the real nomination thing yet. everybody are entitled to their own opinions.
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

oh i know..since we're all discussing here, i'm just saying how i don't think TLB will win best series..that's all.. i liked it too..but still...
    *[Ron Ng]*